Merry Cherry (Closed)

Kahoot

Cherry looked up at him and giggled as he began to think to himself, "Sugarcube Corner IS a giant gingerbread house with a lot of icing and candy... All this sweet stuff, it's like you're in the game Candy Land. It's candy and different sweets are amazing but I'm in the mood for something more subtle and sweet rather than intense, I can't eat too many sweets, it makes me sick..." The mare slowed down as they neared the border of the small town, the closer they got, the more she began to recall the direction of where this pastry shop would be. 

The pink Earth Pony glanced at the mechanic out of the corner of her eyes, her cheeks flaring red as she realized he had noticed her behavior and how embarrassed she seemed, "Thank you, I understand we do all ramble, it just makes me uncomfortable when I do it - It's not something I usually do, I talk very little but ever since I met you, I've been talking a lot more and it's just something I need to get used to, especially now that I am expressing myself more and don't exactly know how to form my words or voice what I am thinking properly... Like how you had said earlier about taking a while to form your sentences."

The both of them finally stepped foot within the town, meeting the Happy-Go-Lucky type attitude of its residents. Not as many ponies were out now that the holidays were over, a lot of decorations were being carefully taken down in a way that wouldn't result in a mess or accident. Cherry recognized which way they had entered the town and immediately began trotting to the right, "The pastry shop is in this direction, I remember now - Once we see the large blue house, we are going to turn left and then right when the Carrot Shop comes into view."

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ejaz’s eyes widened as he looked at Cherry with disbelief in his eyes, a life sized gingerbread house? With icing and cookies and everything? The first thing that popped into Ejaz’s head was the also the very first thing that came out his mouth as he looked ahead in thought.

“Is it edible...?” The stallion asked absent-minded before looking at Cherry again as she began explaining what the place and it’s food was like, Ejaz could feel his mouth watering slightly. However, this all stopped as something had him curious and confused, looking at his friend, Ejaz was about to voice his confusion before deciding to stay silent and listen to the rest of what she had to say.

Nodding and humming, Ejaz stayed silent as he simply listened to everything Cherry had to say about her stuttering and sudden show of shyness, looking at the mare, a gentle smile was on the pegasus’ features as he adressed his adorable friend.

“That makes sense.” The mechanic calmly agreed, knowing that if he met someone that if he had to talk to on that level, it’d be a bit awkward for him as well.

As the two got into town, Ejaz observed the enviroment surrounding him and his friend, watching the other ponies that were awake and wondering if there was any way the two could help. The stallion soon decided to just focus on their current activity as Cherry lead them in the right direction, and explained the rest of the directions to Ejaz, who then remembered what he was about to ask earlier.

“Um... Cherry? What’s Candy Land?” Was the Mechanic’s confused and curious question as he looked at the Gardener who was his best friend

Cherry trotted faster with excitement, already able to taste the different pastries in her mouth, "No, Sugarcube Corner is not edible, at least... I don't think so - Maybe we should test out that theory another day." Cherry was obviously joking, but she couldn't help but laugh at the idea of them trying to eat the different candies from the building. The young mare slowed down and looked back at her friend with a smile, allowing a small giggle to escape from her, "Candy Land is a board game, no one really plays it anymore but I remember Flower and I would play it all day long for at least a month before moving on to other activities, it was a fun game - But I guess we played all the fun out of it that month."

Soon, a small building on the corner of the street they were turning down came into view, the sign atop had pictures of different desserts and such, "There it is! I already know what I am getting, what about you?" Cherry's eyes were shimmering and her smile beamed with happiness, she was obviously looking forward to this and was happy to share her first time in the new shop with Ejaz.

As they entered, the store was full of bright colors and different designs on the walls, such as lollipops and ice cream, or cake. Although, the best part was the rows of glass showcases that presented different desserts - Red velvet, chocolate mousse, fudge brownies, strawberry shortcake - Anything you can think of.

Ejaz watched Cherry speed up, and moved a little faster himself in order to keep up with the smaller mare. Snickering and smiling as she giggled and began explaining the candy store that is Sugarcube corner, the mechanic could then feel himself blush as Cherry giggled again and began explaining what Candy Land was. Now, Ejaz has never realy played board games before, mostly taking apart and put back together toys the orphanage had when he used to live in it. Even when a female gryphon had decided to become his first and- at the time- only friend; Ejaz never really touch games like Candy Land, and he could definitely say it was because of a lack of trying.

“It sounds like you had fun.” The pegasus states happily as his blush lingered on his face. Ejaz then looked up at the house that came into view, eyes widening in curiosity as he watched Cherry get excited and ask him what he wanted.

“Uhh... I’m not sure, maybe I should look at the menu first... Have you been here before?” The stallion answered and asked as he used a wing, opened the door for Cherry, and followed her inside. Once inside, the mechanic looked around the interior before noticing the glass showcase and uttering a quiet “wow...”

The young, pink mare was ecstatic and twirled around in place with happiness, "After getting something, we should totally play Candy Land - I don't know if I still have it, though... Anyways," Cherry walked over to a small table of sugar pouches, cinnamon, caramel, whipped cream packets, and small menus with adorable designs, "Here, I think I might get that velvet, strawberry shortcake dessert - I've had it before, but the bread part wasn't red velvet, it was vanilla." Cherry hummed at the idea, giving a small giggle at her silliness.

"I've never been here before, I usually stop by Sugarcube Corner, but the pastries here look so delicious - I think this will be my new go-to place." Cherry looked up at her friend and playfully nudged him, "So, have you decided? If not, I can wait longer, it'll be easier to order together, that way we can eat at the same time!" Cherry blushed and flashed a close-eyed grin that showed just how happy she was to be both with him and here.

Ejaz watched Cherry with an almost unreadable expression, the pegasus currently frozen as he fought the urge to hug the adorable bundle of joy that was currently his best friend. Soon, the stallion shook his head as he finally decided to vocalize again, his cheeks noticeably red as he glanced away at the food.

“Well... I guess we could play Candy Land? I’m not all that sure really... I don’t really fancy board games... I mean, there was this uh, this one time when I tried something called a Video game... I got stuck on it for weeks on end, heheh, a friend of mine had to

practically drag me away and give the game to somepony else to free me...” Ejaz explains and jokes laughing a little as the memory floated in his head, the pegasus following Cherry to the table and going quiet as she explained her food and how she had never been here before. Blinking as he was nudged, the Mechanic looked at the Gardener with curiosity as she asked if he had decided and stated her desire to eat together. Blushing slightly and smiling as he looked at her, Ejaz was about to give an answer before a thought popped into his mind tilting his head, the stallion gave the mare in front of him a curious look.

“If this is your first time eating here... Maybe... Maybe you should wait until your best friend comes back? You’ve really known me for.... about a day now... I... think that a moment like this should be shared by someone you’ve known all your childhood... Not someone like me.” Ejaz asks and explains with a sheepish smile and a slight shrug.

Cherry giggled at the stallion's story, "I've never played a video game before, not many ponies in Ponyville do - Although, I remember passing by this comic shop and a filly was just... She was so absorbed in the game, her eyes had these heavy bags, and she nearly bumped into a sign because of how focused she was, what made things even more strange is that she didn't look like a pony who would play games... I guess that's just another reason not to judge a pony based on their looks." 

The young mare put down her menu and waited for her friend's decision, "Wait until Flower comes back? She would never come here with me, she gets extremely ill when it comes to sugary things... Plus, she isn't my only friend anymore, I consider you my friend and since it seems we both hold an interest in sugary delights - I thought we could come together... This can be another memory we share!" Cherry slings her hoof around him, pulling him into a side hug and giggling, "Now, hurry up and order, I'm might just pass out from the suspense of staring at all these desserts."

Archived