The Grand Galloping What? (Open)

Kahoot

The Grand Galloping Gala is a grand party held in Canterlot to celebrate the birth of Equestria, it is known to hold elegant music, activities, famous ponies such as The Wonderbolts and musicians of great expertise. Of course, no pony could simply trot in and enjoy it, you have to have a golden ticket to enter the celebration which is held in the Princess' Castle. Every pony wishes to attend such a beautifully put together party... Well, maybe not everypony. Just today, Kahoot had learned about the Gala, never has she ever heard of such an event until she, as well as her theater crew, each received a ticket as well as a personal letter inviting them to the celebration, it clearly stated that the ponies of Canterlot, Ponyville, and of many other cities attending the Gala would love to see their performance. At first, Kahoot wasn't too excited considering her theater group is often invited to "small" events to perform, though, as soon as she learned just how important The Grand Galloping Gala is, she was bouncing off of walls with pure joy. 

The spotlights were quickly maneuvering to aim at the actors and actresses on stage, Kahoot being one of them as their show ends. They lower their heads, earning cheers and claps from the audience, roses are thrown around them to show just how amazing their show had been. While Kahoot may have wanted to remain on that stage forever, basking in the praises from her audience, it was time for the musicians to continue playing their instruments for the high-class ponies from all over to dance and feast on the snacks and food at the buffet table.

Kahoot's appearance is not her usual choice in clothing and mane styles, in fact, she respects that the Gala is important to many ponies and is a chance to dress up properly, so she did just that. Of course, she can't do anything astounding considering she still had to look a certain way for her theater group's performance. Although Kahoot did bring a change of clothes, no way was she going to wear a maid's outfit the entire Gala. The change in clothing is just a simple dress, nothing as large and poofy as the other mares here, her hair isn't done in any specific way, either. You can't forget her signature retro glasses, they were in a different, more pastel shade, though. All in all, Kahoot does fairly stand out against most of the mares attending the celebration, not that she cares, considering her career she had to stand out.

The Pegasus wanders off from her group, everyone seeming to be enjoying themselves. At this point in time, all the young mare wants is some sort of meal and food, especially after having such a long show to give. Even a pony as energetic as Kahoot needs some sort of boost to stay awake. She makes her way over to the buffet, picking out nothing too large, eating a lot made Kahoot tired and that isn't what she was aiming for. She picks a simple dandelion sandwich as well as apple cider with a side of apple pie, Kahoot could eat anything that involves apples, it's her favorite fruit. She finishes her scavenge for an energy boost, making her way to an empty table to enjoy what she chose.

• 1 month later...

7jenQJa.png

Parties in Canterlot were always wonderful. If nothing else hoity toity nobles knew how to chase their leisurely pursuits. Living pony chess in the gardens, a few unordinary, extraordinary fruits about the size of a dragon and named aptly so: carved into the centerpiece of the buffet. The objects in question, though, had not simply been aesthetic choices. Suggestions, amorous musings of a genius or a pony gone absolutely mad! Truly a noble knew how to throw a party, but only one could make each event unique and unorthodox.

A soft chuckle, mocking in nature, carried from beside the mare where once an empty table now sat occupied with her, and plus one. “You seem absolutely knackered. You'd think at such a stately affair you would find yourself able to stay awake.” Were the little pegasus to look to her side sitting in a most dapper gentlepony in a green suit with purple buttons and a lapel. He had lovely brown feathers? And an antler and crooked horn that -- wit? Talons, a hoof?! So many parts it was hardly discernible what he was and yet -- everypony seemed to know him when he walked down the street. It was a coincidence he found particularly odd since he was not one to frequent the pony’s world. If ever he did -- well he made it so memorable and impossibly fantastic that not a one would ever believe them despite the chances such a thing would occur. He was a whisper, a thought. Sometimes he did so little, you would wonder if he was ever involved at all. After all, his games always involved choice. A pony’s choice altered the game, or ensured the game even started at all!

He sat back, as if he rest upon a chair, but beneath him was naught but air. His tail was rest over his lap, holding ready a stack of cheeses and various nuts precariously topped like a tower of blocks: one atop the other. At the end of the red, pink spined dragon’s tail was a purple ribbon th match the rest of the outfit. The suit had an absurd air to it, but so did the rest of the amalgamation that made of the mad god. He reached out his left claw the spirit would jab each of his primary digits into the cubes of cheese. Popping them into his muzzle, one by one, the chimeric overlord of chaos consumed the delightful squares.

“I always love a good party, but I have to say it would be much more fun with a few more Yaks. Wouldn't you agree?” It has to be madness.

For what other cause and course would summon Discord himself? Well a well written invitation for one. You didn't just throw the biggest party in the kingdom and fail to invite a powerful entity, lest he commit tempered fits of tantrums. A foal with untold powers of the stars still had untold power. Maybe an oversight of the freshness of the buffet’s delights? Or it could simply be a very unoriginal imaginary friend.

It took a few moments for Kahoot to process the presence beside her, even if she heard his peculiar tone of voice and his awfully tall and contorted shadow, it seemed she was just too absorbed in her meal at hand to realize just how rude her actions were. Although, a reflex snapped in the young mare's head that told her someone had just spoken to her. She turned her head to her right, her mane which was curled tightly bounced to the movement her body, she halted in nibbling at the small sandwich she had picked out from the large buffet as her eyes slowly looked at the long, large body of this strange creature who she has only ever seen in stories or paintings.

Her cheeks were puffed up since she had stopped mid-chew to examine the strange serpent... Bird... Pony... Deer... Griffin... Thing? While she was in a sudden void of movement, emotion, and speech - She realized once again just how rude she was being. Kahoot gulped down the glump of food still in her mouth and flashed a smile at the strange creature, while many negative stories and memories are attached to him, that doesn't mean Kahoot should be disrespectful or anything but polite, "Knackered? Oh, I just performed for about an hour straight, of course, I am knackered... Although, there is still plenty of energy to keep this pony going!" The Pegasus playfully made muscles which were in no way there.

Kahoot admired the bright and colorful suit and accessories this creature wore, it made quite a statement and stood out amongst the ruffled gowns and large feathery hats, finely stitched and pressed suits that were accompanied by a bowler hat of some sort, "Yaks? Oh, I have never met nor seen a Yak before, though, it would be quite fun to have a few at this party - I would love to speak with one, I wonder what they do... Yak is such a cool name, it reminds me of so many things like... Knick Knack and for some reason... When I hear the name Yak, I automatically think of a Yo-Yo, is that strange?" Kahoot questioned, taking another bite of her sandwich as she engaged in this very peculiar conversation that carried out in a way that would make you think of two fillies with wild imaginations. 

The entire time she observed this work of art, she kept thinking and thinking - What is his name? She has heard it so many times yet why has she sudden;y forgotten it, it must be something so simple to... Disk? Cable Wire? Cord? OH! DISCORD! 

"Excuse me, if you don't mind me asking... Is your name Discord by any chance? I don't understand how I could forget when I've heard of you so many times, I apologize - My name is Kahoot, not Kazoo, not Hoot, but it's Kahoot... A combination of those two. While I have no idea why I was blessed with such a rare name, I do take pride in it!"

• 3 weeks later...

7jenQJa.png

Yaks always managed to become the life of the party, or end of it, wherever they went. It was a talent Discord genuinely admired of only for the deeply seeded implications for an innate sense of chaos. Few denizens of Equus could truly earn such praise from Discord. Though most would call such a curse. Whatever any pony chose to call it the fact of the matter was that association with the chaos good could drive one leaps and bounds into cliffs and over caves. He could have been disbarred from participating in such activities, but what was a good party without a little discord?

Or several large ones at that.

Discord watched as the mare fumbled around with his name. He leaned forward, forelimbs resting on the table top as a tea cup saucer balanced on the end of his tail, the white tuft an expert in holding objects. His ears swiveled forward as his eyes gave her a most curious gaze. His lips pulled back as he began to laugh.

“Oh come now, have I strayed from the public so much that you ponies have already forgotten me? I'm not sure if I should be hurt or furious. Perhaps I should put out another hit single in Canterlot or Ponyville. I'm sure the princesses would love a day where they don't have to pranced about these nobles like parade mascots!”

As he spoke a balloon of Celestia appeared over head. He stuck it with a needles, but in the stead of popping it would turn into liquid and spill into the pitcher on his head where the saucer had been.

“But far be it for me to rain on anypony’s parade.” He took the pitcher and poured out two fizzy drinks into existence fully topped with whipped cream. They began to float and Discord reached up his paw digits to pin the bottoms of the glasses to the table. “Root beer float?” He looked to the drinks. “Hold on something's missing…”

He looked to the pitcher and ahh’d. The tuft of his tail held itself out, like a second claw, and popped the bottom of the pitcher. With a shwoop sound two cherries shot from the basin and plummeted to the whipped topping with a splat, sending a bit of the sweet sugar around the table. Blinking he cross-eyed spirit slithered out his tongue to lick the dollop to had landed between his eyes.

“So, come here often?” It was a party held once a season, but he wasn't telling. “You have the luck of sitting beside the Discord. Hero, savior to Ponyville, Canterlot. You can thank me later.” He waved his claw dismissively as he settled. Back on his chair, a monocle appearing over this left eye as he slurped loudly from his crazy straw!

Kahoot was indeed fascinated by the God of Chaos, personally, she didn't see much wrong with him considering her occupation introduces her to many crazy ponies and creatures as well as acting as something out of the ordinary. Her days as a Theater Actress has numbed her ability to call something weird and strange since she herself has done weird and strange things on and off stage. None the less, Kahoot was well aware of this crazy creature's abilities and knew not to act too comfortable around him - With that said, she pushed her empty plate aside and placed her hooves on the table with a polite, close-eyed grin following.

"I do apologize, Discord - It's not every day I get to see someone of high class like you, please forgive me." Kahoot bows her head, letting out a snicker at her behavior, something she has only ever done in plays revolving around nobles and royalty, which was most likely a majority of her career in acting, "I am not from Canterlot nor Ponyville, I come from Manehatten... Although I don't exactly live there anymore either, I am a traveling Theater Actress which means I pretty much live everywhere~!" She threw her hooves up in excitement, "I do miss Manehatten's bustling city life, but I do like Ponyville's kind and peaceful atmosphere, and the vast shops here in Canterlot... But I adore the food all over."

The young Pegasus looked at the balloon, holding in a chuckle as to when he "popped" it, "Don't you think it is a bit alarming that you're murdering the balloon of Princess Celestia - That balloon could be misunderstood as more of a malicious thing than just a silly joke... It indeed looks like she is bleeding - But whatever floats your boat!" Kahoot instantly recognized the drink, the smell was too familiar and the color only confirmed her suspicions, "Root Beer Float? How can I turn such an offer down?" She was absorbed in Discord's strange way of doing things, it's almost like a magic act - With real magic and not some stupid little tricks. 

The sudden burst of whipped cream from the cherry's fall caused Kahoot to flinch, pushing back to avoid from being hit by the white cream, "I've never had a root beer with whipped cream or a cherry before - But as everyone says, try it you might like it..." This bubbly Pegasus was in no way bothered by his presence if it meant getting a free root beer and talking about the party life of Yaks, she was all for chaos - I mean, Yaks... For crying out loud who doesn't love YAKS?! She was absolutely blessed to be in his presence and she would admit that, "Thank you for this lovely drink, it's beautiful in every way... I would like to thank you, hero and savior, right now... So... Thank you~!" She bowed her head forgetting that the beer was in front of her, her nose dipping into the cream and she quickly pulls her head back up, licking it from her nose like he had done just a few minutes earlier, "Well, it was bound to happen eventually." 

• 4 weeks later...

7jenQJa.png

At her regarding him with pleasant apologies for not having much contact with beings as infallible as he! Well all that could be forgiven, easily. After all when did ponies get chance to meet a Cassanova such as he? The draconequus was quite smug about his uniqueness among ponies, oft mixing awe and horror! Praise and attention were a chaos spirit's favorite treat.

“Oh of course darling.” He cooed. “Manehatten? Always wanted to visit. I hear it's the place to be if you're a pony of theater.” It would be delightful to pop up on Trixie during a show.

He pricked his ears and swiveled then forward, a tiny bowler hat manifesting. He'd wiggle his muzzle and use his ear to tip the cap. The hat vanished and he would sit back. He could understand how dreary the peaceful, predictable, passing of Ponyville could be, but it had a way of drawing in the most chaotic, crazed catastrophes that, all in all, are not fault if his! If one could believe. He leaned himself forward, lips pulling back into s mischievous grin. You could almost see purple stripes manifest on his fluffy cheeks as the Cheshire smile was amplified by his pinched eyes.

“If you delight in confectionaries and meals there's no better place than Sugarcube Corner in Ponyville. The Cakes always have something new.” Which the spirit could respect. “The chocolatiest chocolate and sugariest sweets and cackiest candies.” he praised as he pulled a cheesecake from thin air.

He paused a moment, feeling something missing. A gravy boat floated from the buffet table and arrived with a toot toot, only to drizzle warm caramel onto his treat. He munched on his sweet and arched a brow at the mare.

“My we have a morbid view. I would think it less so murder than a representation of magic.” He held up a needle and thread. “Sometimes magic can create delicate designs,” he leaned back with a pair of bifocals and an embroidery hoop in paw.

Appearing beside Kahoot the design was a beautifully crafted scene of Canterlot castle. The backdrop seemed to move: clouds blowing by and the grass swaying in the winds. It was elegant and peaceful… that is, until, his head burst through the hoop, causing it to vanish and confetti to splatter on the table cloth, turning into paint, staining it like a Paddock painting.

“And sometimes it's erratic, disruptive. But hardly ever harmful. Unless there's intent. And I've more intent to slowly annoy my good friend than do her harm.” While he did hold a bit of a grudge for being locked in stone for a thousand and some years, he supposed he owed her for introducing him to … his friends.

He chuckled at her regarding his antics with a joke, despite the darker path. His ears folded back and head moved to rest on his paw. He snorted at her dip into the creme and held out his claw, a can of the fluffy creme appearing as if out of his sleeve. “This is much easier.” He opened his jaw and sprayed a good amount into his craw before plunking in a cherry. Chomping it down he licked clean any excess around his lips and offered her the confectionary spray. “And no need to be so formal. I may be a hero, but I am humbled.” Yes as humble as a three tier double chocolate ice cream cake. “But you, have you any interesting accomplishments? You said you're a theater pony but I must admit to having never seen a stage play or the sort. I don't spend much time in such places.” Despite Ponyville having its own little theater for the arts.

• 2 weeks later...

"You're a God of Chaos, Manehatten is a haven for chaotic rush hours, traffic, and plenty of other things - I believe that is a place where you belong, sir." Kahoot wouldn't usually speak so formally, although, her playful behavior will eventually lead to unnecessary formalities and accentuating certain words in heavy accents to make it all the more fun. The Pegasus took a swig of her delicious root beer that was kindly given to her by the Chaotic King.

At the mention of Sugarcube Corner, Kahoot's features brightened and the circular glasses adorning her snout became crooked as the right sight slid off her face, revealing her dark teal eyes and her lips curled into their own crazy grin, "Sugarcube Corner?! Well, of course, I have been there! the pastries and candies they serve are to DIE for, especially the red velvet pastries with mounds of icing and a jelly filling!" Colorful hearts appeared in her eyes as one could almost literally see velvet cakes floating around her head as she mentally praised the sugary goodness.

The cakes popped and her eyes returned to normal as she adjusted her glasses, giving a close-eyed smile at her silly behavior. She watched the embroidery circle, as well as a needle, appear, watching as his claws did their magic. The finishing piece was gorgeous, the fact that it moved as well was great, although, the view didn't last long before the creature's head tore through it, causing the mare to flinch and jump back, nearly tumbling over.

Accomplishments... Accomplishments... Accomplishments? Kahoot leaned forward and took a long sip of her root beer through the red and white striped swirly straw provided, her own head in her hoof as she thought to herself, "Well, the only accomplishment that would count is becoming a certified theater pony... If that even exists. Although, in Filly School I was the first pony to touch a frog and then I collected frogs, and then I had the biggest collection of frogs... Oh! I also came up with the high-end theory that Cats are secretly alien spies sent down to watch our every move... I have a cat, her name is ZuZu, she is fluffy and soft and I miss her a lot." Kahoot shook her head, realizing she went off topic, "Right, you want to know my accomplishments... Well, personally, I didn't accomplish much... I never liked playing sports, I don't have any talent aside from acting, and I can't seem to find anyone who enjoys drawing frogs." 

The mare finished her root beer and licked her lips, she opened her mouth and raised her hoof to speak when the tie in her mane snapped and the mounds of fluff known as Kahoot's mane came crashing down on her head and over her eyes, knocking off her glasses. If you could call her anything, it would be an oddly colored Truffula Tree. Kahoot was silent, her hoof still raised before strands began to fly with the sound of her voice, "What are your accomplishments?" Her voice was muffled for the time being, although, right after her question she went straight to work in taming her chaotic mane - It surely did fit the conversation and the fact she was speaking with the King of Chaos.

• 3 weeks later...

7jenQJa.png

He may have been a god of chaos but it did not mean he was the god of chaos. Ponies often mistook chaos as something visible, something one could touch. There were times when chaos was subtle. It was making coffee in the stead of tea. It was wearing a silly hat to a formal party. It was altering the details, however small, to change the outcome of a situation that you had full control over. It was this misunderstanding of chaos that left ponies incapable of controlling their destiny. When you feared tomorrow you could never be on time for the trolley today. He was a king of an unseen and underpopulated nation. Even those who claimed to be fanatics of his ways knew next to nothing of what chaos really was…

Belonged?

Gods did not belong amongst mortals.

They were, after all, but manifestations of forces of nature. The universe would continue even if they were to never dip a hoof in to interfere. It was something of which he rarely did. As such her words made him laugh. Ever the elegant dignitary of madness he would remove his hat and from it pull a kettle of tea which he would pour into a cup that he plucked from a saucer that, previously, was not there. Letting the tea pour itself he pulled a box of creme filled, chocolate frosted donuts from nothing. Setting them down he'd flip the lid with his paw and claw, respectively, upon the top so he could slide it open with pizazz.

“I much prefer the chocolate covered one's, with creme in the middle.” He would offer her one of the delicate confectionaries.

He snorted at her response. Theater? She looked nothing of the sort! No powdered wigs or embellished accent, flailing arms! Taking a donut in his claws he would raise it to his mizzle for a bite as he examined her.  She was quite an accomplished mare, but he wondered if she was truly proud of these or felt she could do more. His ears folded back as his head leaned forward. His eyes narrowed at her question. His accomplishments?! A bit shocked by the query he placed his paw to his chest, ears snapping forward and head raising up. Well he … he…

“I’ve made friends.” He supposed. Was that it? “Yes, I’ve made quite a few lovely friends since coming back to Equestria.” He looked down to his donut, poking it and squeezing some of the creme out. “Though, a few things remain unfinished since my first arrival.” There was not much known about his first visit to Canterlot beyond his confrontation with the Princesses and being sealed in stone for a few hundred years. The details were never -- known. “But these things take time as you know.” He waved his paw. “It doesn’t matter how much you accomplish, just that you continue being someone ponies can remember, no?” At least that was what he used to think. “Or, maybe -- just perhaps: it is instead about you having fun.” He tapped his claws and nails on the box.

It seemed -- that even this ancient spirit was not sure what was important: being remembered or making memories. He chuckled a bit.

“You ponies are curious things. I never wondered about these things until I started playing with you. Aberrations, curiosities.” He’d confront. “It is frightful how dangerous you are, and yet quite impressive the things your design in your limited time. I rather enjoy that about you.” He would grin. “I like that you do many things, in the stead of perfecting one.” Yes. They were good as they were, changing yet unchanging. True denizens of chaos. “You are all very chaotic, despite wanting nothing to do with me.” He smiled.

Archived