Be my Guide.[Done]

szalhi

Confusion etched onto Ejaz’s face as he tilted his head at Loose’s words, why did she say that? Did she- oh, it then clicked in the mechanic’s head what the earth pony was talking about, chuckling sheepishly, Ejaz rubbed the back of his head with a wing as he adressed the mare next to him.

“Oh that, you see, hehe... when I say ‘I guess’, it’s less me actually guessing and... well, more talking out of habit...” Ejaz explains, laughing a little inside at the small misconception, blinking as Loose warned him about her lightbulbs then nodding with a smirk.

“Well... it shouldn’t be a problem, if it’s broke, then I’ll just fix it right up.” The stallion explains shrugging, once again going silent as Loose began talking about her own opinion on violent confrontation. While listening Ejaz pondered on each of her statements and explenations, payng attention to words spoken, the tone of which they were spoken at, and the meaning of the sentances put together from said words. Letting out a small hmm to agree with the mare and show he was paying attention, Ejaz looked at his environment, eventually noticing a sign that pointed in the direction the two were walking in. Upon further investigation, Ejaz saw that it was in fact, a train station he and the earth pony were headed in. Smiling brightly, Ejaz continued on his merry way, all the while still listening to Loose as she began to seriously consider becoming a ranger, the mechanic raised an eyebrow curiously once she asked him if she was saying too much.

“No, not at all... I’m not really a talker myself... so.. I do better in conversations where I listen more than talk...” Ejaz reassurres with a chuckle, ever so slightly tilting his head left and right at a steady rythm as a tune found its way into his head.

“As for your decision, it’s up to you... If it really seems like a good idea, and appeals to you in such a manner... I’d say go for it... But uh, as I’ve said, in the end the decision is yours...” The pegasus informs as he looks at Loose kindly, then looks ahead at the trainstaion, still tilting his head to the tune in his mind as he began to hear the sounds that were commonly associated with train stations.

(( So, I woke up today, checked notifications, Got two notifications, but the indicator only said 1, was half asleep so I only checked the first. Your post got buried. Weird. ))

"But what if you really are guessing? How would somepony decipher between it being your habit and the truth?" She questioned, before minimally blushing and laughing. "I'm overthinking it, don't listen to that."

She nodded at his statement. "Of course, I would expect such a handy pony like you to have no trouble in fixing such an enigmatic object," She joked out loud. She was expecting a directional prompt from Ejaz, but she hadn't got one yet. Weird. She could faintly hear the train sounds, but she didn't trust the sounds that much in this city. "Are you sure we're going the right way? I can faintly hear trains, but with a city like this, we could be moving away from it because of the layout."

She smiled at his explanation. "Oh, that's kind of good, I like talking a lot for obvious reasons. I mean, we can't both talk at the same time right? That would be a jumbled mess and not a good conversation at all," she expressed out loud. Her voice was getting naturally louder the further away they got from the center of Canterlot and by extent the culture. She thought of something for a moment and chuckled. "Imagine me being a drill sergeant. Would I be a good Drill sergeant? It's more than just talking, but the talking is still such an important part. 

"The decision really is mine. But it's a big decision, picking between the two things, even if one appeals to me more, is it very practical?" She asked rhetorically. "But as far as I know, I'm the first blind pony in the last five hundred or so years to even consider getting such drastic jobs. I think the Ranger job is more appealing, especially since I get to basically be the boss itself. There's the added bonus of never having to come back to this deceptive city. But if I join the military, I could become a drill sergeant. Everypony will hate me at first and love me the following year when they realise it was worth it." 

((Aww, I got buried... oh well ^^))

“Nah, you’ve got a good point, as for my habit, I’d clearify when I was legitimately guessing...” Ejaz explains smiling at Loose, and the pegasus couldn’t help but internally admit that a blush looked adorable on the earth pony. Ejaz then blinked as Loose cracked a joke and found himself snickering as he took her words into consideration, the stallion then started to go quiet when Loose brought up the question of whether or not their direction of travel was correct. The beige pegasus paused as he was confused by her question, before remembering why exactly she asked.

“Oh crapbaskets, I’m so sorry, I forgot you were blind... um.. yes this is in the right direction... In fact the station is just  up ahead.” Ejaz replies, honestly feeling guilty for forgetting his friend’s disability. Th pegasus never liked treating another pony differently just cause something was biologically wrong, so he never really made a big deal or paid much mind when somepony he met had a disability of some kind. But, that doesn’t mean he wanted to forget they had one at all, the mechanic felt as if that would be more rude than altering his behavior just cause of their biological incapabilities. So Ejaz felt incredibly guilty and rude for letting Loose’s blindness slip his mind as it did now.

Then the subject changed, as Loose began pondering the possibility of becoming a drill sergeant, and began ranting about the idea, specifically about the talking portion Ejaz smiled softly as he quietly listened to every word she spoke, and pitched in what he could.

“Well... I’d say you’ve definitely got the talking bit down.” The stallion lightly joked with a grin, gently patting Loose’s head with a wing as he childishly snickered, before going silent as the mare elaborated on the Drill Sergeant idea, and the pros of both Ranger and Military professions, before admiting to the appeal of the Ranger job, and stating an appeal of the Drill Sergeant career.

“But then why not just be a Ranger and open classes? Then you get to be your own boss, live the life of the very first Everfree Forest Ranger, and be a drill sergeant-like teacher to anypony who takes part in your classes.” Ejaz states and explains contemplatively, looking up in thought as he pondered the idea, then turned his eyes to Loose to see her opinion.

"I hope you do clarify. Hopefully, I'll know you well enough that it doesn't matter. But others won't, and it may backfire on you in certain situations," She states to the stallion. She paused for a moment before sighing as the stallion fumbled over his words, apologising for his mistake. 

"It's really nothing to worry about, it was just a small question for clarification, you don't have to fumble around my disability. it actually happens fairly often where ponies would forget about it. I actually take it as a compliment towards my capabilities," She assured him with a smile before listening. "I can hear the trains much clearer now anyway, and the station is up ahead as you said so you don't have to worry about guiding me anymore... unless of course, you want to guide me, but that wouldn't feel right at all." 

Loose wouldn't have any issue talking to ponies, especially yelling at them at all. "I really do have the talking part down. I bet they'd be scared of me real quick. That is... after they get over the whole blindness thing. I bet it would freak them out at first," She replied with a small chuckle recoiling slightly from the stallion's gesture. "I bet they would know about my blindness early on, but I wouldn't tell them about my echolocation. It would create doubt at first before creating such mixed emotions. In a way, it would encourage them to get through it. If a blind pony can do it surely they can right?"

Ah yes, teach other ponies to become rangers, maybe she could do that. "You see... yeah, I could open classes. However, I think that's too far ahead in the career to consider, even further ahead of a drill sergeant. I'd have to prove my abilities as a ranger in general before I could even be qualified to open classes. As the first Everfree ranger, I'd have so much work to do and research, it's basically a new type of job. The Everfree isn't like other forests so you can't really use their system the same way, I'd have to develop a new system," She explained, before taking a deep breath. "So yeah, it does sound like a good idea, but I have to get past the more complicated becoming an Everfree ranger part first."

Now Ejaz didn’t know whether he should feel guilty for forgetting, or for aplogizing for forgetting after hearing Loose’s sigh. Tilting his head, Ejaz listened silently as the earth pony explained her knowledge of the approaching train station, giving a small nod and a hum, Ejaz looked ahead and began turning the gears in his head, trying to figure out what he could do to both help and say his thanks, before hearing her inform him that she no longer needed his help. Feeling the turning gears click in place, Ejaz smiled contently as he gave Loose a soft and quick nuzzle.

“Nah, I’ll stay with you... I may not need to guide you anymore... But.... I can still walk with you...” The pegasus states gently, looking ahead with a content smile as the station entrance was approaching. Then, Ejaz’s ears curiously tilted towards Loose as she began explaining the possible and definite obsticles that would stand in the way of her career. Ejaz listened to Loose’s rambles silently, even loyally, he didn’t know why, but the mechanic had an odd desire to be more attentative to Loose than he was to normal pony folk. Now, Ejaz could for sure say it wasn’t because of Loose’s blindness, he couldn’t care less if she could see or not, but something about her just... He couldn’t place it, so, the pegasus decided to not stress it and simply go with the flow.

“But isn’t it the challenge that makes it all the more fun?..... I mean after all, nothing in this world is worth anything if you don’t have to struggle for it in some way.” Ejaz states happily, looking at the train station as it was soon in front of them, after a moment of thought, an idea came to the mechanic’s head that he didn’t really mind, even if it didn’t allow him to work his profession.

“If anything... I’ll... I’ll help you... in any way, shape, or form I can...” he suggests glancing at the mare next to him

Even if Ejaz wasn't really talking much, to her it felt like he was. Just the way he says the smallest things felt scaled up when it reached her ears. it was weird. In a good way. She wondered what was going on in that head of his, he seemed to pay attention to every single word she said. She smiled at Ejaz's gesture. "Hey, we're going to the same place, of course, you're going to stay with me, I already told you half of my secrets. Can't let you go telling them to your secret boss," She joked.  There was something about the Stallion that felt different. Maybe it was the fact that she hadn't really hung out around full stallions before. Just some colt's in school and her best friend. 

"Challenges can be more fun, but not always. You see, my life has been a challenge ever since the day I was born. Life decided that my eyes were going to burn and I just had to deal with that you know? Sometimes, you just want life to be easier. I'm not sure how great of a teacher I would be, so I don't feel like taking any big risks, I'm not even a quarter through my life yet," She explained with a tone that gradually monotoned, before resetting. "Really though, The Everfree is a chaotic place that needs taming. I never thought about it before, but there are no demands for any more N.C.O's in the military. I don't even know If I'd be allowed to be an N.C.O. But I know Everfree needs a ranger, that's a risk in itself, it's a dangerous place. There's the added bonus that it's right next to my home too... and nowhere near this tourist trap."

She beamed up with a smile. "Hey, really? That seems like a bit much to say, you seem so uncertain all the time, that seems out of place." She heard a train signal its arrival... or departure, she wasn't really sure so she turned to Ejaz. "Hey, if you're going to help me, would you know when the next train arrives? Not that it really matters, I have all the time in the world, but y'know... just curious." 

• szalhi changed the title to Be my Guide.[Closed]

“Secret boss? What-... oh, it was a joke... Well... my uncultured self missing jokes aside.... Thank you.” Ejaz states laughing a little as he noticed the door leading inside, and proceeded to open it with a wing. The stallion kindly held the door open as he looked at Loose and listened to her view on challenges. In a way, Ejaz agreed, when everything is a challenge, it is good to have at least something that one doesn’t need to struggle so much for. Otherwise ponies would loose their minds, so with that in mind, Ejaz let out a hum to show he was in fact listening, and he agreed. The pegasus smiled once again as the Earth Pony mare began thinking about the chances of even getting a military career compared to the probabilities of becoming a Ranger, especially for a forest that has none. Looking up in thought, Ejaz rubbed his chin with the wing that wasn’t holding the door open.

“Those are alot of good points... But if you really despise Canterlot, or at least the kind of atmosphere that exists here... Then I’d say dealing with a little bit of danger is worth it if you are close to the one place where you truly feel at home.” Ejaz states looking at Loose as he finished his train of thought. The mechanic raised an eyebrow as Loose expressed her surprise at his words, and smiled charmingly at his friend.

“Well... I’d say I’m definitely more certain about things than I sound...Granted, there are times when I’m just as uncertain as I sound, but uh, those don’t come as often.” The stallion explains shrugging with his charming smile changing into a friendly grin.

Spoiler

Ejaz states looking at Loose as he finished his Train of Thought.

Ejaz states looking at Loose as he finished his Train of Thought.

(( How relevant. ))

As she walked inside, she turned to stare at Ejaz with a serious expression. Like, a real serious expression. "Uncultured self? Do you think I'm joking? I'm not letting you out of my perception to give you the chance to see your boss," She asked with a blank expression, that she was doing all she could to maintain. Nope, not going to work, her echolocation made it hard to keep her face together and so she fell apart quickly. "Hah, I'm just messing with you, of course, I have nothing to hide. Or do I? Nope. Sorry for ruining your kind gesture." 

Ejaz seemed to understand her exaggerated prejudice against Canterlot and she was glad for that. "I'm totally okay with danger if it's danger that I can deal with. To me, Canterlot is a whole different type of danger, and it's not one I can legally fight my way out of, as much as I'd want to," She explained, moving to stand out of the way from the entrance. "I feel like, if it wasn't for you unintentionally causing me to bring up Everfree, then my life could've gone totally different as I'm feeling so persistent on getting to Everfree. Screw Canterlot."

"Yes well, we kind of already went over that before, so I don't want to go over it again, it was just a casual remark." She took a moment to send out a pulse and take in her surroundings. Of course, there was a lot of visual related things here. Disturbances on the walls revealed public posters that she couldn't read and she most definitely couldn't read the timetable. "Well, I guess this is it then. No more Canterlot. I mean well... to me, train stations aren't really a part of the town themselves and are more of their own entity. Any clear evidence of when we're going to be leaving?" 

((Haha XD))

Ejaz blinked while staring at Loose with widen eyes, a small almost innocent frown on his face as he was caught completely by surprise by the mare’s sudden shift in tone and attitude. The mechanic continued to stare back with confusion and surprise taking up his entire face, the stallion had no idea how to respond before she suddenly dropped the expression and reasurred him, saying she was joking and continuing on inside. The stallion continued to silently stare after the mare for a few moments longer, before following her inside and closing the door behind him.

Walking to Loose’s side a with a slight hint of caution in his steps, Ejaz stayed silent and simply listened to her words as she explained her total indifference towards danger, and how she’d rather take that then live in Canterlot. The biege Pegasus looked at the orange Earth Pony with a raised eyebrow, just now getting a fair grasp of just how much exactly Loose hated this city, with an almost analyzing look in his eyes, Ejaz looked his friend up and down, and briefly wondered if something had happend to bring about such strong feelings of hatred and distain towards this kingdom from the so far nice and happy Loose Cannon. The stallion could feel a part of himself want to make some kind of defense for the city, but in the end, Ejaz decided it wasn’t really worth his breath as he himself didn’t really fancy the city, though it was no where near as much as Loose it seems.

Letting out a small hum to show he was paying attention, Ejaz still kept an ear to his and Loose’s conversation as he looked around and read some of the posters and labels, the pegasus glancing at his friend as she changed subject and eventually asked him once again when their train would arrive. Blinking as he remembered she had asked that once before, Ejaz looked at the banners telling arriving and departing train times, and smiled before looking at Loose happily.

“The closest time is twelve minutes away, we should probably get tickets huh?” Ejaz finally speaks after staying completely silent (aside from an occasional hum) since the two entered the train station.

((Also, decded to put in his bio that Ejaz’s body is slim enough to appear feminine until someone inspects further... Thought it’d be a nice and slightly funny little thing to add to him...))

(( I guess we're nearing the end of the Canterlot Arc. I've got a sequel name totally good to go.)) 

The stallion was being more quiet than normal. Maybe this was his normal mood and the city just made him talk more as a coping mechanism. She wasn't sure he shared the exact same perspective of Canterlot that she did. She wondered what was happening inside that mind of his. She looked around and saw a bench that was not occupied. She walked over to it and plopped her body right over it before shuffling to not take over all the room. "That was a terrible joke I did there. Damn, I need to make up for it later. Twelve minutes, right. Unless you plan on stowing away on the train, then it seems that's our only option," she joked before pulling out her bits (from somewhere.) and hoofing over an arbitrary amount. "You can go get them since you can read. It's more reliable this way."

"I know we're heading to Ponyville next, but where would you be going afterwards? I don't know all the places you've been. I want to go to Manehatten and Fillydelphia since I've never been there before. Or I could show you around AppleLoosa since it's basically my second home. Maybe the Crystal Empire, although that seems too far," She said as she went over all the different places in her mind. "The Badlands... I'm not sure what's out there except for dragons. I think I might be overthinking this, like everything else I think of."

((Really? What’s it called?))

The pegasus watched Loose as she found a spot on a nearby bench and took her seat, the stallion walking over and sitting down next to her. Glancing at the mare, Ejaz shyly shuffled over until he was sitting almost against her in what was an almost protective manner, staying silent as he continued to listen to his friend and watch the ponies around him with a small amount of cautiousness. Upon hearing her remark about her own joke, then her plan, and the sound of a bag of bits being moved, Ejaz looked at Loose with a small curious smile.

“You sure it’s alright to use your money for both of us? I could pay for my ticket...” Was Ejaz’s question, spoken in such a soft and low voice it could be barely heard by anypony, even if one were sitting next to him. But the pegasus wasn’t worried, the only pony he wanted to hear his words could, and that put him at ease when it came to his volume. Glancing at the ticket stand, Ejaz stared for a moment before hearing Loose’s question and looking at her with the same gentle half-smile.

“Well... I’ve been to Manehatten, and Fillydelphia... Actually met somepony there that ended up having a crush on me..... uh, anyways, I’ve heard of AppleLoosa, and the idea of the Crystal Empire kinda honsstly excites me...” Ejaz explains in the same soft and quiet voice, glancing around at the other ponies in the train station with a bit of protective caution and curiosity as he comfortable sat next to his companion.

(( It's simultaneously clever and really lazy. You won't find out now, unless you ask real hard.))

Loose pulled back the bits and removed around half of them before hooving them over to Ejaz. "I was just hooving over an arbitrary amount, I didn't know it was enough for two. I don't really care if you pay for your own ticket or not, it's your own choice," She explained to the stallion, who was pretty close to her, but she didn't care, it meant that she could locate him without using her hearing and actually relax for the first time completely in the past two days. 

Once she relaxed, she realised how quiet Ejaz was really talking. She could just barely hear him which meant that a normal pony wouldn't be able to hear him at all. "You're lucky i have such great hearing," She remarked with a smile that was not directly pointed at him. "You know I have more sharp hearing, but it isn't really more sensitive. I can't hear higher frequencies like a dog could. It's complicated to explain."

"You met a pony that developed a crush on you? That must have been hard considering your life style. Well, I guess Manehatten and Fillydelphia are off the list, or are at least of a lower priority. As exciting as the Crystal Empire sounds, that doesn't sound like a thing we should do until later," She stated as she thought of how long the trip to the Empire would take. "Really, It's kind of up to you to decide where to go, you're the nomad here, I'm not. If you've never been to Appeloosa before than I suggest we should go there."

((Aah I see, guess I’ll just wait then))

“Oh, okay then...” Ejaz mutters, looking inside the bag of bits, and taking out just enough to pay for a ticket, before giving it back to Loose.

“I’ll just pay for my own...” The pegasus was about to stand, before his ears twitched as he heard Loose’s comment on his voice. Blinking as the information processed in his mind, Ejaz looked over at the mare with a small bit of curiosity.

“My voice is to deep and quiet like this? Sorry, I’ll make it a little easier for you..” Ejaz honestly apologizes as his pitch rises slightly, the pegasus now speaking at a louder volume that was still just quiet enough that nopony else nearby could hear except for the blind earth pony. Rising up, the stallion went and collected the tickets, having an easy time since there wasn’t that big of a line. Once he returned, Ejaz lightly nudged Loose with his wing and gently placed the ticket on her head, the pegasus sitting as close as he was before as he listened to the mare speak curiously of the pony who had a crush on him in Filydelphia.

“Yeah, it was a little awkward, especially cause I never really knew, we first met while I helped him out with a broken door... at first he was nice, then he started avoiding me... and then eventually stopped avoiding, but started being... too friendly.. It definitely got awkward for me... Eventually i found out... didn’t make it any harder to leave though...” Ejaz then sighed as he thought about the memory for a moment, before looking around, staying silent at his companion suggested their next location then said the final decision was his. Ejaz took a moment to think of his answer before he then once again looked at Loose Cannon, the smallest but sincerest of smiles on his face.

“Well.. I’d like to stay in ponyville for a couple of months, normally I do that before I move on, so until then... Let’s not worry about our next destination okay?”

She grabbed the bag of bits back feeling the difference in weight. "Ah, I see, I totally gave you the wrong amount. You could have taken it an run, but you didn't," She half joked before listening to the stallion ever so slightly raise his voice. "It was just a common misconception that I wanted to clear up, I find it interesting how some think I can hear higher frequencies when I can't really do that. You didn't have to raise your voice, although, it would be skillful to slightly raise your voice and maintain it."

She took the moment to send out a pulse and get another scan of the room while Ejaz was collecting. The station wasn't as full today, it must have been off-peak hours. That was good. She noticed a pony facing directly towards her, definitely not coincidentally. She realised she had her eyes open and she probably hadn't blinked for a while. She closed them and waited for the pony to go away. Just one of many regular occurrences. She heard Ejaz return and felt his nudge. She moved the ticket into the bag of bits, somewhat like it had the same value of the removed bits. Not exactly, but, y'know.

"That sounds more than a little awkward, it sounded like he had no idea how to act around you. Kind of like... yourself. I guess that's the point," She pointed out having quickly pieced the elements of the story together. "I don't know how long you knew him so I have no idea if it was a fast crush or not." She shrugged. 

"Ah yes, sorry. I'm moving way to fast, I'm not even a quarter through my estimated life yet. Well, you can theoretically stay as long as you like," She stated before pondering. "Unless some bad thing happens that would cause you to leave. Lots of spontaneously bad things happen in Ponyville." 

He let out the smallest of gasps, placing a wing on his chest in fake pain. “Take it and run? Loose I’m hurt..” The pegasus jokes with a chuckle, going quiet as she explained the misconception and humming to confirm he understood her. Ejaz blinked as Loose analyzed the stallion’s behavior and compared it to his, looking up in thought, before turning his eyes back to the mare.

“I guess? It had been a month after we met... I wouldn’t say it was because he didn’t know how to act....  maybe at first... but later it was definitely more he knew how to act, but I didn’t know how to respond, it just-... never clicked that he was romantically interested... oh well..” Ejaz shrugs, deciding not to dwell on events that had occured almost two years ago. Just as he had, he heard Loose begin apologizing and speaking about the random dangerous events that sometimes occur in Ponyvile, Ejaz smiling as he thought about her words in silence. So it was a town with near constant adventure or something similar huh? Ejaz had been to a town where bad occurances happened a little more often the he liked. Bad unicorns, a “teenage” dragon, and a gryphon at one point.... granted not all at the same time... but yeah, Ejaz had a good group of friends that helped him and watched his back while he was there, so it wasn’t all bad... The memory of those events that had occurred half a year ago made the pegasus smile, Ejaz opening a wing and actually giving Loose a gentle and soft hug.

“Well... Life would be boring a without a little danger and adventure here and there...”

She chuckled at the Stallion's fake reaction. "You need to gasp louder to make it sound more real. I guess you're implying that stealing money is going to hurt you?" She half-joked back to the stallion before frowning slightly. "I feel like my jokes are declining. I need to rest them."

She nodded at the stallion's reply. "Ah, so it was just your awkward ignorance, I could totally see that happening. But whatever, this has nothing really to do with me," she said before feeling the stallion's hug. "Without adventure and danger, I wouldn't be where I am now. It's those two things that made me learn Echolocation. Imagine how different my life would be if I never faced danger, or never went on an adventure? Well, living in Ponyville, the chances of that happening would be very low. But assuming that I never left Appleloosa, what would I be doing instead? Assuming my mother's genes work, I would guess that I would be doing something academic. Even though I am blind, ninety-five percent of my memory is with echolocation, so I know practically nothing about what it's like for the average blind pony. I guess it must have been boring if I forgot those times." 

She heard the sound of another train coming and instinctively pushed herself off the bench. "Train's here, let's go!" She half-shouted walking forward before stopping and turning back. "That is our train, right?"

“No I’m implying that the fact you thought I might steal it hurts me, but I uh, guess it didn’t translate well...” Ejaz replies tilting his head, confused at how his joke was misinterpreted before realizing that the mare herself, was joking. The pegasus smiled softly as the earth pony frowns and disses her own jokes, Ejaz simply shrugged and stayed silent as he enjoyed the gentle hug he was giving Loose, flinching as she summerized his awkward experience. Not that he thought it her words were mean, Ejaz just couldn’t help but flinch ever so slightly from the bluntness of Loose’s statement.

Staying quiet, Ejaz listened to Loose’s rant while at the same time, gently resting his head on her mane, making sure she was still comfortable while he looked around and watched their environment. Paying the same amount of attention to her words as he was to their surroundings; Ejaz didn’t really know how to reply to her speech, so he simply chose not to, still remaining silent until the sound of the train reached his ears. Feeling Loose trying to get up, Ejaz removed his head from atop hers and finally let the hug break as the mare sprung to her feet and asked if that was their train. Glancing at the time schedule, Ejaz checked the arrival times before looking at his friend.

“Uh.... yeah, that is our train...” Was the mechanic’s answer as he stood up and re-strapped his wagon around him, afterwards walking up to Loose’s side as he looked in the direction the train was coming from.

((The sequel's coming up next. ))

"It translated perfectly well. I guess it was my joke that didn't translate well at all," she explained to the confused stallion. "I'll work on my jokes when I have the time." She felt the Stallion flinch at her comment, but she ignored it knowing the stallion's personality. The stallion didn't reply to her rant so she decided to stay quiet as well. It was kind of nice. Their opposing levels of speech counteracted each other, so Loose felt she could talk a lot with little to no repercussions. It's what made her feel comfortable about the stallion's silence. 

The stallion's reply and his actions were the answers she was looking for. "Cool, I was right," She replied as she walked over to the station platform. "C'mon, we need to get the best seats." She listened as the train slowly came to a stop in front of them. She heard the sounds of the several ponies hopping off, a lot of them in fact since despite being such a populous city, it did not have an internal train system and thus only had one real station. This leads to periods of time where the station could be deserted one second and crowded the next. After a while, the train was cleared of arrivals and she quickly hopped onto the train to get the best possible seats, also known as a corner seat. She waited for Ejaz to sit down with her and when she did she made her final comment in the city before the train left. "I won't be missing this city anytime soon, but y'know, maybe things could change and I'll like it better in the future. That's implying that I'm ever coming back here to check."

• 4 weeks later...

Ejaz had, as usual, stayed quiet as Loose spoke her mind, the stallion only gently smiling as the train came to a stop and the passengers all left. It honestly kinda surprised him just how many ponies were exiting the train, he guessed it just had something to do with the city having only one legitimate train station, but oh well.

The pegasus’ attention went to Loose as she quickly entered the train while calling for Ejaz to follow, raising an eyebrow in curiosity, the mechanic followed the earth pony inside to see her take a seat in the corner of the train. Quietly walking over, Ejaz unstrapped his carriage, placed it out of the way of anypony else who might enter, and then took his seat next to the orange mare. Ejaz looking out the window at the city as Loose made her last comments on the Canterlot.

“Who knows?.... I guess you’ll just have to see...”

• szalhi changed the title to Be my Guide.[Done]

Archived