Newbie here! Hiya! Help?

GreenKirell

Hi guys! You all can call me GreenKirell! I've only recently started poking around the MLP fandom, and I'm curious about what it has to offer. :D And... I like RP, so that's a thing - I guess that's why I'm here. Looking for some good MLP RPs with good fun people. I'm new to the site and could use a friend and a way in. 

A Lil' about me:
I go by they/them pronouns.
I love Rarity? 
Carrot Top was the first pony from the current gen style that got me turned on to the style. :3 I eventually began to watch the series!
I'm a furry (don't hate me, I'm not horrible, I swear!)
I love to draw. (I take commissions too lol)
I've got three OCs, if you wanna read about 'em, look down below in the spoilers. 

Spoiler

Pin Cushion  | Stallion | Unicorn 
Grey dappled Unicorn with white 'socks' and a curly, flamboyant pink mane. He has blue eyes. His cutie mark is a red ball of yarn with 3 pins in it. 
*Works as a Costume Maker/Designer. 

Spoiler

Poppy Brew | Mare | Earth Pony
"Cherry Bay" Earth Pony with a white mane and tail. They/She have/has dark green eyes. Cutie mark is a tea mug with a California poppy flower beside it.
*Makes great food and loves tea. Wants to open a Tea Brewery/Shop/House.

Spoiler

Sweet Peach (Name may change?) | Mare | Pegasus
Chestnut brown Pegasus Pony with a white face, legs, and tail. Blind blue eyes. her cutie mark is a wedding bouquet of peach blossoms. Her wings are brown and white.
*Works with Pin Cushion in a small joint shop. Makes Wedding Apparel but flower Bouquets are her specialty!

Got an RP Idea? Throw one my way! 

Welcome to Canterlot.com!

I am Kahoot :D 

I am more than positive you will enjoy your stay, to start off of course... You should probably read the site guidelines and protocols of RP before getting started. The rules are easy to follow and simply a way to allow everyone to have fun. Now, anypony is allowed to post a thread in the Free For All section without making a character application... This is where things may seem a bit confusing, but do not fret! A character application is basically a description of your OC or a character you would like to use in the World of Equestriaforum. In fact, they're not at all hard to make, here is a guide on how to make one and here is an example of one (As you can see in the comments of my thread, a Senior RP Staff or Moderator put an approval message, this is when you know you're all set for RP fun in the WoE section). As you can see, under your profile image it says "Member", once it says "RP Certified" like under my profile image, that is when you know you're set and ready to RP in the WoE section as well. Also! It may take a day or two for you to become RP Certified, for me, it took a bit longer and if you've been waiting a while, don't hesitate to contact staff... They're really nice and helpful!

Free For All- You do not need an approved application or be RP Certified, your OC can be anything you like... From an alicorn to some weird hybrid of a monster... It's all up to you!

World of Equestria- Your character has to be more realistic, here are some examples of animals your OC may be... Staff may ask for you to change a few things before they can approve it. If you want to use a pony or animal from the actual MLP show itself, you will also need to make an application for them... Here is a list of cast members from the show!

Crossovers- Want your pony in a video game, anime, show? Look no further! For here is where your pony can live in Narnia, maybe even the land of Ooo? Anything!

Multiverse- Basically a place for Alternate Universe's.

Out of Character Discussion- Now, they're two of these... One for the Free For All forum and one for WoE forum. Here, you can plan out your RP's, it's a great tool if there is more than you and another pony!

Don't forget to title for RP's with Open (If you're still welcoming more players), Closed (If you're no longer welcoming anyone else), Ask to Join (If someone would like to join, this title tells them to contact you for permission), or Sign up in OOC (This directs an interested pony to go to your thread in the Out of Character section to sign up... This basically means they will provide a description of the OC or character they would like to use... This is good for long-term RP's with a lot of players)

Now I know, this may seem really complicated but it isn't once you get the hang of it! I went through this process myself and now everything is going by like a piece of cake :D 

Already have OCs? You will need to make an application for them if you would like to use them in WoE as I stated above, although, you can freely use them in the Free For All forum without them being approved.

If you still feel lost about a certain forum, there is a description in small letters underneath the title!

You can make a character log to hold all your OC's and playable cast members, here is an example. Character sheets are the Free For All version of a character application, here is an example.

Hopefully, I cleared up most things... If you're still lost, simply ask for help! I am more than happy to help a fellow member out :) 

Thank you so much! I'll be reading up on all that today and getting those characters forms filled out. ^^

3 hours ago, Kahoot said:

I noticed you already have characters chosen for your character slot (Faded Flaw, Royal Rocker, and Prismatic Night),

On the side, What did you mean my this? 

1 minute ago, GreenKirell said:

Thank you so much! I'll be reading up on all that today and getting those characters forms filled out. ^^

On the side, What did you mean my this? 

Sorry, haha, this was originally posted somewhere else and I copied it here, that was addressed to another newbie - My bad :D 

1 hour ago, GreenKirell said:

No problem! Hahah. Thank you for the let-know. :3

Do you think you could fill me in on the current going-ons/plot?

If you're talking about the RP's that are active at the moment...

When you go to the different RP forums, either WoE, FFA, Multiverse, or Crossover - You will see many threads within it, they will all have titles and then one of these beside the name of the RP

(Open) - this means you're free to just jump right in!

(Closed) - Unfortunately, you are no longer able to partake in said RP.

(PM for Invite) - Just message the creator asking for a simple A-Okay to join!

(Sign-Up in OOC) - They must have an OOC thread in the OOC forum! All you have to do is dig around said forum and you'll find it, there, it will give the information you need to sign up!

It's best not to join RP's that are old and say open, but if you're still interested, just PM the creator to see if they're up for it.

If you hover your mouse over the username of someone, it will bring up a little card that reads whether they're online or not as well as when they were last active - This lets you know whether said user is an abandoned account or not! Recently, though, a lot of old users have been coming back but just make sure.

Hopefully, this is what you meant by your question if not, I will be happy to clarify ;) 

I'm decent with advice. Moreover, I can instruct you on what NOT to do! XP

There's plenty of people here who love to RP. Shoot them a message or check out the SIGN IN areas for Sign In RP's

12 hours ago, OddOne said:

I'm decent with advice. Moreover, I can instruct you on what NOT to do! XP

There's plenty of people here who love to RP. Shoot them a message or check out the SIGN IN areas for Sign In RP's

Oo, fill me in. I've read the rules and whatnot, but I know how communities often have unwritten rules. Clue me in, pal~

Archived