Straight smiled as he got his ale and took a drink of it slightly raising an eyebrow as he noticed alcohol but either it was being covered another ingredient in the drink or there was little inside, on the safe side he took another drink and glanced around and saw the back room with his friend red who caught his eye and seemed genuinely confused. Knowing what he was here for he was glad the mare next to him spoke up and was listening till another unicorn came in definitely a crook of some kind he immediately took notice of the horn amplifier and immediately thought back about the break in and when he walked by Straight put a hoof on his revolver and another on his drink and over looked the amplifier again.     Shoddy engineering has the necessities but depending on the construction and from the look of it he looked at his drink for a quick second before he heard the stool smash under the stallion. Straight narrowed his eyes as it seemed clear he wasn't here for pleasantries. Straight looked at his drink knowing that amplifiers can be gimmicky this one especially if he could damage the amplifier pieces or just knock the amplifier out of place a little it could take out it out use for the moment. As he was thinking several things seemed to happen almost simultaneously with a spark work up the amplifier the back room close and lock, followed by the grabbing of the elderly bar tender the mare immediately went into action revealing her wings along with a knife and a handgun and shot forward. He reacted as well and threw his ale at the stallion hitting him directly in the head covering him in ale just before three gunshots rang out one skimming the stallion and followed by a threat from the Pegasus mare. At this point Straight got up and pulled his revolver out and cocked it aiming at the crook.

"I came here for a nice relaxing drink and you had to come and ruin it didn't ya? I recommend doing as the mare asks alright bud?"

He said taking steps back away from him and towards the back of the room putting some distance between them and staying out of the way as the door all the while his aim never leaving the crook.

And just like that the situation was out of hoof...

Luckily it appeared that two patrons had come to Mick's aid, however they seemed like the trigger happy sort.  Already running late, he mentally scolded himself for stopping at the bar, the last thing Snap needed was to be caught up in a shooting.  The large unicorn had risen and assumed a fighting stance, the spark atop his head growing brighter and brighter as it was fueled by his mounting anger.  Mick was now pressing himself up against the shelves of the opposite side of the bar, hoping to distance himself from the coming violence.  That's when Snap galloped in, racing back through the door he'd exited.  He slid to a stop as the unicorn readied himself for what he assumed would be some foolish attempt at a charge.  Snap put his forehooves up in a passive gesture, "Woah woah-easy big guy," he started.  He then turned his attention to the stallion nearest him, with his sidearm drawn.  He also took notice of the pegasus across the way, also prepared to put a fresh volley of bullets into the unicorn.  "Mick just cleaned fellas," he joked.

Snap knew the reason for the stallion's visit, he also knew that if this turned ugly reinforcements would come swiftly if they weren't already converging on the bar.

"Let's not beat around the bush..." he addressed Mick's assailant before turning to the frightened Mick, "...or the bar tender to be more accurate.  You're here for the portfolio right?"

He could see the unicorn's spark gradually sliding back down the amplifier.  He contemplated revealing the nature of his task to such a hostile crowd, but eventually he found no disadvantage in doing so, "Yah, what's it to you?"

"I'm the one who put it together, consider it a bit of a side project I've been invested in,"

"Well your little side project ends here, capisce?"

"Caposce, they're all yours," Snap noticed Mick's two "heroes" stiffened at his proposition.  Seems they didn't like the idea of a crook getting off so easy, he flashed them both a look urging them to trust him.  The unicorn gruffly chuckled.

"Smart little guy aren't yah?" he commented relaxing a bit.  He began to peer over the bar top at the drawers below, quickly scanning them before randomly throwing a couple open.  Glasses jingled within as napkins fluttered to the ground.  The unicorn's search grew in haste as he continued to guess wrong, until one drawer refused to yield to his efforts.  He tugged a couple more times to be sure, before smiling at Snap and sending a spark up his horn.  The inferior lock clicked and out came the contents of the drawer...a single peach envelope.  It appeared packed, as it was bloated from whatever was inside.  The unicorn took hold of the envelope in his mighty jaws before slowly exiting the building, brushing by Snap as he smiled maliciously down at the earth pony, "Pleasure do'n business with ya,"

The unicorn exited the building, and in doing so attracted the attention of his comrades.  They appeared out of the crowded streets, bringing a set of two new fresh ponies into the equation.  They were both equally built to match their unicorn counterpart.  They also both sported scars and deformities commonly found on Talonopolis thugs.  They gathered around the envelope a moment, before beginning to retreat as a pack, however before they could Snap's final comment came from the just within the bar, "Wait...that's it?"

The unicorns and his crew turned, confused looks plastered across their muzzles.

"What?" the unicorn spoke for his gang. 

"I mean...you're not gonna bother to check?  I could've put anything in that envelope, for all you know you're walking off with used napkins,"

"You play'n games with us?" one of the new arrivals threatened.  

"The only guys I see playing games are you, I mean you've actually done this kinda dirty work before right?"

"Oh we've knocked plenty of heads in little fella," the unicorn chuckles.

"Try knock'n around on yours some times, see if anything still works.  I MEAN COME OOOON PEOPLE!" Snap took step forward out the door.  "It's thug 101, check your work,"

"What's a small fry like you know 'bout being a thug?" another one of the new comers laughed.

"More than you apparently, but hey...you wanna screw up and get thrown off an airship be my guest," Snap began to retreat as the group steamed with anger.  The unicorn took a quick look at the envelope now at his hooves.  He glanced to his sides before sliding it over to his partner on the right.

"Take a look will ya?" he commanded, agitated that the smaller pony did have a point.  Snap heard the sounds of paper being torn behind him.  A smug grin spread across his face as the one of the thugs struggles with the envelope behind him.  He almost laughed when a small click came from the same direction followed by a great POOOF.

As a small gust of wind swooshed past, he turned to see the three thugs had been replaced by a great blue cloud.  The dust sat in the air for a second before settling down onto the street.  As it did the trio was revealed, each of them appearing very different then before.  Instead of their hulking masses standing threateningly above Snap, they were a crumpled sneezing mess on the ground.  As they gasped for air, Snap took note of his trap's affects.  The unicorn had been altered, with his amplifier now sitting in front of him and the horn it once sat on now drooped over his face.  His two other companions had also been slightly transformed, with their hulking bodies now reduced to small scrawny shapes.

"You see," he began to lecture, "What you thought were pictures, turned out to be poison joke...rookie mistake,"                 

Right before things were going to get messier, the stallion who just left ran right back inside seemingly to aid them in the fact. Or, well, not exactly like the way that she thought. Instead, it seemed that the Earth pony had some relevance to whatever the hell the Unicorn wanted. She wanted to laugh at the joke that he had just made, but in the situation they were in, she couldn't bring herself to do so. The Unicorn stallion didn't look like he could be any more peaceful than he was, but he was surprised when he just grabbed what he needed and just left. Without even verifying what was inside. Without really doing anything else here.  But... Seriously? she thought to herself over the fact that she didn't get to really deal with the stallion herself. She was hoping that the exchange was a total scam because she didn't want anything good to happen to the unicorn. She watched as he left the building and saw two more ponies coming out of the crowd to join him. Wait, you mean I totally could have beaten up two more of them? 

Right as the group converged, she heard the concerns of the earth pony. There would be no way that he would bring up the stallion's mistakes unless he was planning something.  Why would you offer advice to those ****tards unles... oh shit yeah. She realised the pony was totally planning something and that the thugs probably wouldn't be around for much longer. She watched them open the envelope and gasped as it detonated in their face. After the cloud of a certain colour settled, she knew what had happened. She had seen it before, mostly her brother's mistakes with mislabelled drugs and stuff. "Where the **** did you get poison joke? Oh man, that was worth it," She exclaimed turning to the earth pony. "You can totally have the 'kills' that was totally better. Holy ****, those guys are dumb." Right at that moment, she heard a familiar voice, one that she did not want to hear right now. 

"Oh man, that was totally awesome, they were like, 'oh yeah, I'm total elite thug,' and then he's like 'Bro you retarded and stuff,'" The griffon exclaimed appearing on the scene like the total ninja she was. Haste facehoofed as she saw her acquaintance where she wasn't supposed to be.

"What the hell Clarence? I thought I told you to leave. What are you doing here?"

"Oh right, right, leaving. Yeah yeah, I mean, well, this is quite a public area so, I mean, there's totally nothing wrong with me being here, but y'know, totally leaving am I right?" Clarence stuttered backing away from Haste ever so slowly. 

"Did you follow me here? It seems like you did."

"What? No." The Griffon gasped. "How could you ever think that? I could have totally come here coincidentally. As I said before, this is quite a public area."

"You're just lucky you didn't get attacked."

"Me? Attacked?" Clarence gave off a laugh. "No one could hit me. Like, you can't hit me if I'm not there."

At that moment, the Griffon seemed to have disappeared. If there was one thing Haste could give her credit for was that she could be everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Although Haste mostly preferred nowhere in situations like this. 

"Just don't follow me anymore."

Straight watched as the earth stallion ran into the bar and although keeping his gun on the unicorn for a bit after listening to the pony lowered his revolver and raised an eyebrow watching the unicorn begin to go through the bar searching for the folders and during this time glanced at the locked door to the back room before back to the earth pony stallion and then to the pegasus mare. Straight frowned and watched as the unicorn found the files and started to walk out with some reinforcements causing straight to raise an eyebrow and sharing the thoughts of the earth pony who was berating them causing straight to smirk slightly and as they opened the envelope causing a large amount of blue powder to go over the thugs causing them to change as if something played a joke on them. He raised an eyebrow at the name and muttered to himself.

"What the **** is poison joke?"

He thought to himself as he shifted a bit and set his hammer back on his revolver and holstering it thankful he didn't have to shoot anypony just yet in his short mercenary career. He looked back at the Pegasus curious what here reactions would be and as she was about to start talking to the earth pony stallion she confronted a Griffin who was called Clarence and although it wasn't his business he still heard almost all of it and rubbed his mane and looked around thinking.

'So...earth pony stallion over here seems to have some connections or a feud with some group possibly mafia and the tavern owner seems to be in on it as well... Pegasus mare has some kind of possible griffin stalker and definitely wants to avoid him and possibly a old life....while I was just doing odd jobs around the neighborhood to pay rent and food and planning to get out of where my horrible situation. I feel so...average...oh well probably a blessing, albeit a boring one"

Straight sighed and shook his head to clear his thought as he can think more on it it later. He simply stood at the door before sighing and smiling a bit and looked at them and really didn't see them as to much of a threat at this point although was still on guard as there could be more and decided to walk through the bar scanning for possible other finding nothing before resting against the bar and sighing watching out the door.

"And here I was just wanting a nice relaxing drink before finding work... it's at least more exciting then what I'm used to I'll give it that"

Straight said more to himself then anypony else as he seemed relaxed but was keeping his head on a bit of a swivel keeping a eye out plus his hoof on his revolver ready to be drawn at a moment's notice.

"Heh....I apologies for the inconvenience, sir." Mick slightly stammered, regaining his composure.  He had slowly picked up a mug and begun cleaning it, the simple motion of swirling his hoof around soothed his racing heart.  "But, in all fairness this isn't exactly the quietest bar on this level," he joked.

Back outside, the group of thugs remained in a blue covered heap and standing triumphantly before them was Snap Shot.  He chuckled a bit as one attempted to right himself, before again falling back on top of his companions in a disoriented manner.  That's when Snap heard the exclamation behind him, a compliment from the pegasus mare that had helped Mick in the bar.  He turned and with a mock bow instinctively turned up the charm, "I aim to please,"

"As do I," he heard from behind.  Snap's face changed from flirtatious grin to inquisitive frown as he turned again, this time facing a drawn weapon.  At the end of which, stood a griffon.  She seemed more put together than her thuggish friends, though she still wore the clothing of a commoner.  Her outfit consisted of a sleeveless vest and rolled shirt, only reaching to about half way between her neck and rear.  A loose tie also hung from her neck, as if she was attempting to come off as proper.  However, the ties affect was canceled out by the numerous piercings along the ridges of her ears.  Besides her get up, she possessed yellow eyes with purple spots around them.  The forward portion of her body was mostly white, though a bit dirty, and further down towards her waste it became brown.  Her wings seemed the darkest portion of her figure, while her bright yellow claws complimented them.  Snap recognized this griffon.

"Well if it isn't good old Gilda, no shake down would be complete without," he raised his hooves in response to the weapon.

"Can it, Mule!" she spat the slur.  As she did so another fresh batch of thug ponies appeared, again materializing out of the crowded street.  "Deal with...this," she motioned with her pistol to the heap of thwarted ponies.  The thugs where hesitant, taking notice of the blue dust their allies were covered in.  However, knowing Gilda, they realized it was better to risk the rash and began to pull up and steady them.  The griffon turned her full attention back to Snap.

"Told em it wouldn't work...the feather head," she spoke of her presumed boss. 

"I'm sure you did," 

"But that's why he calls me," she arrogantly bragged, "The pictures, NOW!" she shook her pistol, emphasizing its existence to her hostage.

"You gonna shoot me?" he chuckled.  "You got a death wish or something? Cops are on the way, if they ain't somewhere around here already,"

"Don't you worry about it, boss's got it covered.  Beside's you got bigger problems," 

Snap new Gilda's boss was very influential on certain levels, and that crooked cops weren't uncommon in these times.  He gave one last look around, failing to spot any patch of blue uniform in the crowded area.  He sighed, "Check tomorrow's paper Gilda, you'll find your pictures,"  

She stood there momentarily to verify whether or not Clarence was gone. She felt that she would never truly understand why the Griffon spends so much time away from her family. Was there something wrong about Clarence's family? Maybe Clarence had a similar family situation as her own. If that was true then she definitely felt bad about the way she treated the Griffon. She just wanted to discourage the teenager from such a life as her own, but maybe she would actually benefit from being with her. The Griffon had skills she could admit that. She'd have to ask the next moment she could.

After verifying that Clarence was most likely gone, Haste turned back to see the Earth pony being confronted by a griffon. A rather familiar Griffon she thought. What was her name again? She overheard the Earth pony mention the name of such Griffon and it became more clear about what was happening here. From what she remembered, Gilda was a top ranking thug in this town. Having lived on the outskirts, she never actually met Gilda directly since the lower ranking thugs like the ones she took care of normally took care of business there. She saw Gilda distantly a couple of times when she ventured central, but Gilda never gave her any attention. Or at least, as far as she knew. She was hoping that Gilda had nothing to do with the drug trades otherwise the situation that was happening would be a lot worse. But it seemed that Gilda was only after the pony. 

When the earth pony mentioned the cops, she looked around to see if there were any there. None. Not that she was surprised at all. They were all probably bribed away from the area, or distracted by something completely irrelevant. She wasn't sure what she wanted to do in this situation. Back inside the bar, she was not hesitant to stop the unicorn, but that was only because she was protecting someone she knew was only just trying to do their regular old job. It was in her morals 'Don't **** with the innocent.' But the earth pony there, she wasn't sure if he qualified. The stallion supposedly had images that Gilda wanted and that probably meant there was nothing innocent about them. 

In the end, she decided it wasn't worth fighting Gilda in this situation. If the images were important, then the pony with the images was important too. Gilda wasn't going to kill him anytime soon. She decided to go back into the bar and finish her drink. Along with a couple more to forget about what just happened. Not that she truly wanted to forget, but more like remember later.

Having finished the remains of her original drink, she looked over and noticed that the first unicorn was still there. 'Right, he never answered my question.' She thought before walking over to him. "Hey, never got an answer back there. Crazy shits happening today. So what do you say? Wanna work together? Or are you just going to pull it off lone wolf style? I say we should at least get our own organisation and what not. Maybe we can do better than the ****ing cops." She pulled out the magazine of her Beretta. She fired three shots in that engagement so her magazine had three shots left with another round in the chamber of the weapon. She loaded four more rounds into the magazine before placing it back in the weapon.

Straight looked over at the bartender and chuckled a bit and waving it off considering what he knew was happening here prior to coming back he should have expected something.

"Nah I wouldn't worry about it I lived in this area long enough to where I should have guessed something was gonna happen, plus a friend of mine got locked in your backroom so I may have known about your little problem prior...just glad I didn't have to a poor colt with lead."

Straight looked down at the bar and shook his head while chuckling a bit more before looking back to the door and seeing the Pegasus mare walk and take a seat back at her drink. Straight was then reminded of his own drinks fate and frowned a bit...it was a good drink. Just as he thought about he noticed the Pegasus mare walking toward him, he listened and understood what she was getting at although raised an eyebrow as she pulled out the Beretta and took the magazine out and loaded it again which he smirked. No clearing chamber and with seven in the clip makes 8 rounds, more then his, although more maintenance comes with her weapon same ammo though.

"Your not wrong today was certainly...interesting to say the least can't say I'm s uprised with this area though, it's quite common for shit like this to happen. And sure an extra pair eyes would be nice to have, plus another gun, and company will be nice too. As for organization we'll have to prove ourselves to most of them, and for creating a organization, we'll habe to make a name for ourselves first or ponies will just go to others first. As for the cops, they're just a gang paid by the government around here so, I'd sooner trust more nerds then cops....Also maybe I should introduce myself before you decide to team with me, I'm Straight Toss, a pleasure to meet ya."

Straight said with a smile and extending his hoof to her slightly worried he made a bad impression as he kinda rambled a bit there, curse little amounts of social activity! But that aside he tried to remain courteous respectful and somewhat professional...if you can call him that of course.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived