Official Discussion Thread - S08E11 Molt Down

78gMqoj.png

In this episode, Spike undergoes a developmental stage for dragons called the "molt", and according to Smolder, its side effects compel a molter's family to kick them out of the house.

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk 

Another fun episode.
Spoiler

Puberty is pretty tough, but even worse for dragons..And good gravy! Dragons kick their kids out once they hit this stage!

I also like Smolder in this episode. She's so sassy!

K1bRJLS.png

And another character gets wings.M.A Larson is up to no good again!

Spoiler

Spike finally catches up to Twilight. 

More importantly, he catches up to literally every other dragon out there. 

I guess Scootaloo's never flying. I hope this is true for character development. 

1 hour ago, szalhi said:
  Hide contents

Spike finally catches up to Twilight. 

More importantly, he catches up to literally every other dragon out there. 

I guess Scootaloo's never flying. I hope this is true for character development. 

Spoiler

Someone made a funny comic strip about this. I will not post it here because it uses words not fit for fillies and colts! But you probably figured it out already. Scoots sees Spike flying about and is not too pleased. I still believe Scootaloo's flying problems are more mental than physical.

• 8 months later...

Archived