A Wedding of Northern Lights (Pretzel, Dusty, Open)

Blueblood

Chipper's choice of words were...quite unfortunate. However by now Swift managed to figure out that this young lad was simply socialy inept to know better...or at least he believed he was. Regardless, Swift decided to make a message clear - just in case.

"She is." Swift answered Demise's question for his fiancee "One of the many reasons why we are getting married." he added while staring into Chipper's eyes. But not too hard. Celestia knows that he was jerkish enough the previous time he encountered both him and Lími.

"......Well, only because you ask me Dear." Swift grumbled while taking the glass into the magical grasp. Noblepony was teetotaler but to refuse when along caribou who were know for their drinking habits...."You cheeky, little red, winged devil..." he whispered to Fire while taking a careful sip out of the glass. She probably knew clearly what he was thinking and took advantage out of his desire of not causing a scene to make him try this beverage. Something that she was 100% correct about - at least it tasted acceptable, even if tinge of alcohol in the drink made him wince.

"Whinniepeg, Whinniepeg....what this one about again Moto?" he asked. Squall tried to keep hoof on most events that happened in Equestria, but obviously some of them escaped his attention - regardless if they were big or small.

Swift opted from teasing Twilight for the time being. But that doesn't stopped him from entering conversation she had with groom - Halvard from Clan Kare.

"Don't downplay you role Frauwaz Halvard. No matter how fine product is, it can very well not exist if it's not distributed to those who may desire it." he started.....first phrase spoken in Whitescar's native language. Squall's ability to absorb foreign languages let itself be known once again.

"Did your Clan considered expanding it's operations overseas? I am assure you, there would be a a large market for your goods and services in our homeland. I know about reaching out to Crystal Empire, but it's situation is not that much different from Whitescar..."  swordpony mused. Both locations were after all dealing with trying carve their own place on the world's stage. Empire dealing with thousand years of advancements and changes that happened during it temporal displacement and Whitescar going out from it's political isolation while showing itself as something more then nation of ax wielding raiders, with bloodshot eyes and foam dripping from their muzzles.

"Speaking of overseas...I am surprised that neither Neighpon or Long Guo didn't sent any official representatives..." Squall pointed out.

E9VF1tI.jpg

Sigrun smiled as she watched Limi make his way to Balder. Was it her or did her son seem a bit more confident around his kind now... perhaps the time in Long Guo and the love of a sweet mare truly did wonders for his self esteem. For now she would leave the young bull to socialize with friends of the family, surely he'd grow weary if she was left fawning over him this whole time.Her choices for conversation were quite varied given the spectrum of the guest lists... She hadn't gotten to speak to Fire walker or her fiance in a while, perhaps that would be where she should start. 

... Sigrun would just have to make sure not to ruffle the stallion's feathers too much. His reaction to that earlier jest about a match was a bit worrying. With fire enjoying her time at the bar, it might be best to focus on her. 

"It's a pleasure to see you in Whitescar again, Fire." The cheiftain took a seat by the bar and looks to the bartender who would bring her some tea rather than mead, "I hope that Halvard and I will be able to attend your own wedding soon. I'm curious to what an equestrian wedding is like when uninterrupted." 

Her ears twitched upon Squall's mention of the lack of Neighponese ruling representation. Sigrun had said nothing, despite her best efforts she still couldn't help but feel she may have made a mistake in her talks with the emperor as well as his oddly nosy ... hacker? Is that what they called what she was? Either way she still had that golem in her care back in the forest hold. As her thoughts drifted to the magitech marvel she had considered asking the princess her thoughts on such a thing and if it might be possible to make some use out of it once it was well dissected and studied.

Calder was relieved to see Twilight was happy with what he did and went away, sweet as Twilight was he was much more happy having her doing her own thing and away from him. Waving for more mead in his mug he looks at the growing masses, a mare was drinking at the bar butt... she looked scary. He knew the look of a solder, she had it. Maybe later he will talk to her. Moving out from the bar he made note of Lími and Balder, but it was hearing the name Lími spoken that made a spark go off in his head. That was Sigrun's son! Well, seeing as he’s getting more and more tied up in to this family he may as well greet this Lími! And Balder, seeing as the two were talking.

Making his way to them both he let them have there greeting, not wishing to be rude before he put himself into the mix. “Hæ! Gott að hitta þig bæði.” He says greeting them happily, his speech was understandable to fellow caribou however it did have an accent and way of speaking not commonly heard to do how archaic it was.  “[I know of you Lími, son of Sigrun. I am Calder, Apprentice too Halvard of Clan Breen.]” He says looking at the two bulls, both of which were taller than the runt of a bou. “[And you, Balder? Heard the name in passing but I know no more than that. Nice to meet you as well. I like the bow!]”

If Chipper caught the subtext behind Swift's warning statement, he didn't show it.  In fact, as the world's most innocent necromancer, he was probably completely unaware of his accidental innuendo.  At least, so it was to be hoped.  Right now, he was busy talking with Yxa.  "Yep!  Be pretty strange if I wasn't Chipper; I wouldn't know what to call myself!  Nyahahah!  Look forward to the music, ooh, and the dancing, too!"  The unicorn was quite physically spry, product of having to run quickly over uneven ground to escape pursuing monsters.  Plus, he could get a few animal skeletons to act as backup dancers!  Halvard had asked him not to, though...

Speaking of the blue bull, he found himself holding a kind of court with his guests.  It was a bit of a novel sensation to be the source of so much attention, but given his rise in rank and prestige, he was going to have to get used to it!  "Alright, Baldr, you can tell them that I understand more than most how tasks must be done.  Especially with having to plan and organize this whole ceremony!"  He laughed, waving the guest off to meet the younger members of his family.  Calder was just introducing himself to Limi; Halvard could only hope they would forge a strong bond as adopted brothers-in-law.

*Easy now, don't get ahead of yourself.  You still need to bring up the subject with him.*  Soon though, he promised himself.  Soon.

Meantime, there was also business talk.  Swift Squall had some interesting ideas about a trade partnership, though in the growing boisterousness of the longhouse, it was difficult to give them the attention and thought they deserved.  "We certainly are expanding, but we try not to do so too rapidly.  It's why we build in stone, rather than wood.  Our investments are meant to be permanent, regardless of how quick they come; the advance of a glacier, rather than the tides.  But, let's keep this shop talk for later!  Now is the time feasting, celebration, and all good things."

Said good things were slightly marred by the lack of Eastern representatives, as Squall pointed out, but Halvard could only shrug.  "Long Guo sent gifts; we have only recently established relations, and historically Neighpon stood between them and the caribou, so there is little to patch over either."  Neighpon he did not discuss further, for obvious reasons.

At that moment, a blast of horns were sounded from the end of the hall.  The ceremony was set to start!  All guests were encouraged to find their seats as the Bride and Groom took their allotted places at each end of the hall.  Chipper for his part took up Twilight's offer to sit by her, as all awaited the High Queen's entrance...

• 2 weeks later...

USG3AI7.png?1

“Oh no Princess Twilight.”, the Captain of Twilight’s Guard could already feel the rather strong whiskey as it flowed down her throat. This wasn’t your mamby pampy pony whiskey, this was the drink of warriors! The red wine and cinnamon sweetness tried its very best to contain and hold back the the stronger alcohol, but it was a losing battle! Thankfully the Walkers were made of strong stuff! Still, there was no away she would survive a drinking contest with the Caribou. Not a chance.

“I could not say no to invitation from our Caribou comrades.”, the mare whispered, “I’ve always been impressed by our very special couple..They've been through so much and to see what became of their struggles is beyond inspiring." And Rarity? She had been at her shop before and her dresses just seemed to be a little too 'girly' for her, but then she found out that the representative of the element of generosity....or was it Inspiration? The seamstress was more than capable of designing around a pony and enhancing the wearer's natural beauty. "And Miss Rarity is an artist with no equal." Not only was the dress light as silk, there was some extra durability that had been requested due to the officer's occasional need to break into an unscheduled adventure at anytime.

And speaking of her comrades, the incredible Sigrun asked her a few questions. All that needed to be addressed. "We're still working out a few kinks.", she paused to take a sip from her glass, "There are offers I cannot really refuse.", her boss wanted to have the marriage at the 'Castle Of Friendship' and she really could not say no. Convincing Swift to have it there was another matter. "The girls are working on throwing me a little bachelorette party in Las Pegasus. Placed called the 'Wild Stallion Saloon'. Will have to send you an invite to that as well.", she waggled her eyebrows. Would the mighty leader of the caribou enjoy such a thing? A night of drunken debauchery with badly named drinks and guys of all races shaking their rumps in thine faces.

With her purple boss busy with others, the red mare creeped near her beloved, "I know you're not fond of the drink, so I made sure to have an Virgin Caribou made up for you.", she whispered, "The little kick you're getting is probably the cinnamon. Will have to find out where they get this stuff from before we leave." As much as she liked to mess with the unicorn, she would never want to force something he did not like upon him. Even if it was funny. One of these days she would get him smashed, just for the fun that would follow.

"And Whinniepeg?", she pulled back, "While I'm part of Princess Twilight's guard, I'm still expected to attend the yearly R.E.A convention....Last one was in Whinniepeg...Went with Illy (Ilinalta) and believe it or now, Merry Ol' Colonel Critchlow  granddaughter's, Fritchey is in the guard as well and she's just like her grandfather, even has a few stories already.", she loved the fact that the gregarious earth pony decided that she would carry on her grandfather's legacy..."And the cons are there for learning and bonding with old bunk-mates. I was hoping to see....Yah!", she yelped as the horns played just a little too loudly.

The ceremony had begun!

Spoiler

OOC: Colonel Critchlow  was one of Fire's father's friends...A mentor..And adventurer..Known for his stories and boasting. Filly Fire would spend hours upon hours listening to his epic adventures. Most were utter bunk, hogwash and hooey, but she enjoyed listening to them anyways

TwiBanner_zpsvi6knv7w.png&key=ebd9a6bf92

What Fire Walker said was very true. The couple were indeed impressive. The land was torn by strife and it would be reasonable to assume that any such coupling in this time would be done quickly, as fearful of the red dawn as any other. But they had done things in a more...well, to Twilight's mind, Equestrian way. That had led them to this happy, happy day. “Same here. I can't imagine two caribou who deserve this more,” she said before giving Fire's dress another look. She was right there too. Rarity was the best in the world, she'd say. Some Neighponese seamstresses might beg to differ but Twilight would take Rarity in any professional competition. “She did well with you. Beautiful, Fire Walker,” Twilight complimented once more as the alert for the start of the ceremony went out. Twilight's eyes lit up as she trotted to her seat, excited to get to work!

Her horn barely lit up as she tried to hide it as best she could, and it made sense given the spell she cast. Those around in her immediate area could see the faintest outline of a transparent notebook and quill hovering in front and below her, telepathically doing the proper work needed. After all, she was here as a friend but she was also here to learn. The books on Caribou wedding customs were hundreds upon hundreds of years old and contained outdated phrasing and detailing. No doubt large segments of it may still ring true, but that didn't mean that corrections were out of the equation. No doubt the passing of aeons had also meant the addition or subtractions of customs as well.

She had a literal front-row seat to it all. This was a researcher's paradise, and to think she hadn't even marked this down as a research expedition on her calendar. That meant her self-imposed restriction on how much of her time could be taken up by such pursuits was not in any way affected. How awesome was that? She took her seat and allowed them to fill around her, making sure Chipper got his. She was always on the look-out for ponies she could help and it was obvious he was in need of...something. His lifestyle and what he seemed proud of spoke to a lot of backstory deserving of qualified research and psychiatry, less to 'fix' him and more to understand him. That was what ponies like him needed more than anything else, and she could at least attempt that.

After the ceremony of course, which she watched with hawkish intensity hidden by a joyful mask of friendliness.

• 2 weeks later...

fELvexm.jpg?1

It had been so long since Astrid had been able to even come to a wedding, let alone oversee one. Her time in Barn had left her primarily concerned with the ward against the Rebels. When this couple had approached her and requested that she be the one to officially give their blessing and marry them... she decided this wasn't an opportunity she would let pass her by. With her husband and children being so preoccupied they couldn't make it. Having no one in their family come at all to a sacred day between two very important clans in their alliance, well that was simply unacceptable. 

Astrid for the longest time had difficulty truly trusting the Askr clan and its ambitious leader but she'd softened her stance some time ago. Clan Breen had always proved a vital ally in securing supply lines and trade routes and if handled and regulated properly they may prove to be the key to Whitescar's future. A marriage between these two clans could lead to a very promising path for all if done right. 

The sound of the horns made the older cow's ear's perk. Immediately she stiffened up and straightened out her ceremonial robes. The hem of the outfit had a series of runes sewn into it, any caribou present or certain knowledgeable princesses or other travelers would note the meaning of the symbols: Life, love, together. Each of the queen's horns were painted up with an iridescent ink in elaborate swirls and runic patterns. A cloth was tied taut, connecting them in a symbolic gesture.  She stepped calmly down the aisle until she came to the altar along with a small spot to remove the length of cloth and neatly fold it on a small table. As the cloth came down from her antlers the guest might notice the luminous quality of the ink on her antlers had now transferred to the cloth. Runes and patterns now glowing faintly upon it.

"Guests from across these lands... We have gathered together today to witness a truly wonderous event." She would raise her head up high and puff out her chest, "Whitescar is a land forged in conflict from the beginning. A land that in the start was only a world where the strong preyed on the weak, the cunning slew the strong, and weak seized their chance from the cunning's mistakes.... yet even in this history, love could still be found. In even those harsh days we would perform this ceremony: that of the Hoof-fast." She would gesture to the ribbon on the altar, "to those whose hooves would be bound by this cloth, may they find happiness in eachother's embrace, Comfort in eachother's gaze, safety at eachother's back."

She would raise the hoof on the groom's side of the room, "Step forward, Halvard of Clan Breen." Then she would raise the other on Sigrun's side, "Come forth, Sigrun of Clan Askr."

Between the blowing of the trumpets and the sound of the High Queen's voice, silence had rippled through hall like the trough between two waves.  Everyone, from the oldest and calmest of old cows, to the near-manic Chipper now seated beside Princess Twilight, sat still to listen to Astrid.  Halvard, for his part, sat up straight, adjusting his cloak one last time for maximum effect.  Then, he was called.

From his seat at the end of the table, he got up and strode down the aisle made makeshift by the two long tables, full of guests to witness his union.  He stood, not the tallest of bulls, but firm, in his vine-woven crown and forest-green garb, setting a proud figure in blue fur as he made his way to the center.  But it was not his looks upon which his thoughts would dwell.  No, his attention was wholly on the approaching Sigrun.  Each hoofstep bringing them closer brought with it memories of every life-step that had brought them to this moment...

A battle in the Saarvergerg arena, where two fighters won each other's respect...

An evening in a longhouse like this, where a friendship was forged over mead...

A night aboard a boat, where friendship had blossomed into something more...

A day on the battlefield, where the personal alliance had become something greater...

An afternoon in Canterlot, where each had backed the other in diplomacy, and represented the future of Whitescar...

This had become his life, and now Halvard was confirming that before all witnesses.  Pledging his life and future to this beautiful, powerful, wonderful caribou cow.  He faltered not in his steps, approaching the center with confidence to meet his bride.

"A wise policy." Squall mused when Halvard mentioned his clan architectural choices. "Very well then. I too will look forward for our talk them . A month or two from now, Frauwaz Halvard . It would be rude to intrude on newlyweds honeymoon." he noted.

Squall couldn't help but ponder Halvards words. Or rather pondering what he didn't say. Paradoxically it was rather compelling in itself.

"Only Long Guo?" he mused to himself when Halvard was beyond the earshot, as he disappeared to take his place according to the ceremony. Was something taking place in Neighpon? Something so important that forced island nation's watchful eyes to gaze inward? That would be...unsettling...

"Uhhhh, questions for later. Focus Squall!" noblepony scolded himself in his mind, to bring his own attention to here and now, and more importantly to those that accompanied him.

"Oh?" he mused when his wife-to-be mentioned an offer-she-couldn't refuse. "What spy-novel super-villain is blackmailing you Dear?" ha asked playfully, but with corner of his eye glancing meaningful at Purple Princess. It was enough the his Beloved work-time revolved around Castle of Friendship. Their free time didn't had to.

"I see Las Pegasus naming customs devolved sine the last time I was there." he responded snarkily when Fire name-dropped a club of obvious kind.

"Well then Dear." Swift whispered back to crimson pegasus "I am happy you were thinking about me but...it appears the cook didn't got the memo." he said before shoving his drink under Fire's muzzle to smell. "I know how cinnamon smells. This isn't cinnamon. And I don't have ageusia. Or anosmia for that matter. I think. But if I did how could I tell that thhose kringles are shooo goofwwwff?!" his last words devolving into a mixture of munching and pure delight. When Fire turned to see his face she could see Swift cheeks all bulged out and his eyes teary-eyed over the bliss brought by the Whitescar pastry. That was a first.

Soon the sound of horns resounded through the halls and ever-pony and non-pony took their respective seats.

Princess Twilight may have been discreet for a caribou, but not discreet enough for a fellow unicorn, especially one as eagle-eyed as Count Squallcoast. Noblepony rolled his eyes at the sight - figures that Her Highness wouldn't be able to help herself with her 'field notes.'

"Everything must be a research it seems." he muttered quietly. Which came out as  "Efhhiyng mff fe eafferhh f feemks" because Swift was still 'discreetly'  stuffing himself with more kringles. Three down, thirty seven to go!

Yxa chuckled a bit and nodded to Chipper’s words. The caribou watched him make his way over to sit next to an alicorn, Twilight from the looks of it, chuckling a bit more to himself. That unicorn was certainly a strange one, but he was also pretty fun to have around. 

After that, he took a seat as well, picking the first empty one he came to and listened to Astrid speak. This really was a great moment... maybe he should try to make a song about it... Well, that was a thought to pursue later, and after a quick scribble, he had something to remind him about it. A scrap of paper with the words ‘Songrun Askher’ written on it. He stowed that away for later, turning back to watch the ceremony progress. 

E9VF1tI.jpg

There was a point in which Sigrun could say she felt her heart was shaking the whole of the world with storm welling within it.  She could feel the beat reaching all the way down to her hooves. For a moment it felt as if the world was staying completely still at least until she took her first step forward then her next and the next. In all her life she'd never thought she'd find the love of her life so soon... she was certain that she'd have so much more grey on her before she met anyone like Halvard. A bull who fought with words as well as weapons, who cared more about the future of Whitescar over tradition alone. A bull who stuck beside her through the roughest trials of her clan and whom she would gladly do the same... this day was truly blessed.

At a steady pace she moved to the center with a proud smile on her face. She looked momentarily to the queen and lightly inclined her head. Two attendants, younger cows would approach the cow's side and one offered her small headband of somekind. The most scholarly ... and purple in attendance may recognize this as a wedding crown: An heirloom passed down in caribou families for the specific purpose of wedding rituals. Sigrun's crown was a simple circlet made of tightly woven straw. The other attendant brought up a long and sizable bundle in the shape of a tool of somekind. 

Astrid would gesture a hoof to the bride and then to the groom,"You may present your gifts." 

Sigrun held up the bundle the attendant hoofed off to her, silently thanking the young one as she took it. When unwrapped it revealed a well crafted sword. From the inscriptions and designs on the hilt alone it was clear no expense was spared in it's creation. "A blade made by my family's favored blacksmith, made with materials gathered myself." Cloth again covered the steel before it was set down on the table before her, "On this day I pledge my love to Halvard of clan Breen... May no war or bitterness tear us apart."

XqEzCsl.png

"Heh heh heh," Lími chuckled as he returned Balder's embrace; "And yet the ponies say that all of us beings live in a small world, ah ha ha... haaa....." Despite his attempts at being sociable, the Son of Sigrun clearly was not comfortable with the art of quick-witted jests. The awkwardness ended after a moment; "Surely you must have many exciting tales to tell, friend!"

Those stories would have to wait another time; a short caribou presenting himself as Halvard's apprentice introduced himself. Lími couldn't say he ever heard of him, but it wasn't like he knew many caribou from Clan Breen to begin with. "Greetings, Calder." Lími placed a hoof over his chest and politely bowed his head; "We are well met." There was something about the young bull's runtish appearance which struck a chord with Lími, who couldn't help but be reminded of himself. For he too had once been regarded as little more that a stump among warrior giants.

And then... the call of the horns! It was time for Lími to take his place. Naturally, the fostered son of the bride took a seat at the front and middle; right next to good ole' Chipper even. But now was no time for chit-chatting with his best friend. For the longest time, Lími couldn't fully envision the cow he called Mother finding love again after her disastrous courtship with his elder half-brother. Yet seeing Sigrun there now, wedding crown and sword gift and everything... the young bull's eyes started to water in happiness.....

Balder laughed and shrugged as he let his friend escape from the friendly hug. "Well there was the dragon hunt with Sigrun, that was pretty interesting." the explanation on that though would go unfinished for the time being, Balder wasn't about to be rude and talk over someone greeting his friend. This bull too seemed to be rather short...But then again Balder was unnaturally tall so who was he to question how tall or short somebou was? He introduced himself as Halvard's apprentice, that must be quite the stride to fill he thought...Which absolutely one hundred percent was not a short joke! It just meant that, ahh nevermind, it was just in his thoughts anyway.

In kind, Balder would give a bow to Calder and smile. "[That's right, Balder, son of Jarl Haskell of Clan Kare. It's a pleasure to meet you, Calder.]" the young bull glanced at the bow resting on his back after Calder had mentioned it and gave a nod. "[Thank you, this bow had been a lost family heirloom for many years. I...]" once more the caribou's story would be cut short, this time by the sounding of a horn. The wedding as just about to commence! "[Oh! I'll explain more after the wedding, I'd love to share the tale if you're interested in hearing.]" Balder gave another bow and a smile to Calder and one to Limi as well as his friend made his way to his proper place. The young bou would take a seat near the front and eagerly watch the ceremony take place, it was after all one to remember for the ages.

Guests surrounding the pair were watching intently, some with knowledge of what was happening, others who were seeing for the first time how caribou were wed.  If Halvard bore any thought towards them, it was only to leave no doubt in any observer's mind as to his sincerity.  He bowed his head to Sigrun in acknowledgement of the gift.  It was a fine sword; and though it was not his weapon of choice, he would gladly carry it.  Perhaps Sigrun could even give him some lessons in the finer points of bladewielding... They had a lifetime to learn from each other now.

Then came Halvard's turn to present his own gift.  It was more ornamental that Sigrun's sword, as it was a piece of jewelry.  But any who saw the fine filagree work would have been shocked to think that it came from a caribou smith.  Polished amber set in gold, worked in a kind of fine chain that caught and captured the firelight in a still, gleaming blaze.  "Amber from our home shores, gold from far Unyasi.  I have been to many places, but it is with you I find my home."  Laying his gift beside hers, he pledged his sacred oath.  "Today, I pledge my love to Sigrun of Clan Askr, not to be broken by storms or mountains."

USG3AI7.png?1

"Thank you, Princess." Rarity had a little fun with this dress. Not only were there little hidden side pouches at the sides of her dress that would allow the Pegasus to slip her wings into if it got a little too cold, there was also a rather convenient hood she might need if she had to wander the desert for some reason. Stylish and adventure-ready, the unicorn thought of everything!  
Fire Walker watched the ceremony with great interest as this would be very first caribou wedding! She had attended more than a few pony nuptials with all kinds of different traditions and parties. It had not been that long since she and Swift had attended her brother Walk Walker's rather 'geeky' wedding ceremony that was hosted at a comic convention. Guests were required to come in costume.

She also had attended an griffon wedding when her friend Zelda's father finally tied the knot with an rather pretty gal. Being artisans, their ceremony reflected their desire to create and build. And even during her recent trip to the lands of the Unyasi, she managed to catch part of a Zebra 'Ukwaba'. And while customs were different, it was usually the same. Lots of dancing and drinking! Now she could add 'Caribou' to her list 'o' weddings.

The mare's emerald eyes seemed to grow even larger as the ceremony progressed. It was all rather lovely! She tried her very best to hold in the tears! She would not be the first to cry at this wedding! Hold it together! Thankfully her fiance was there to break her out of her mood. "Silly pony.", she whispered, "Cooks don't make drinks, bartenders do...And your drink is full on virgin. I would never make you drink something you do not like.", she could not help but smile as the stallion beat her to the 'weepy' bits. She was free to let the tears loose. Not wanting others to see this, she simply buried her head in the stallion's fancy shirt.

E9VF1tI.jpg

Sigrun couldn't help but smile at the sight of halvard's gift, normally she wasn't one for such  finery as this necklace... but it being from Halvard already gave it a special place in her life. A deep breath filled her lungs and soon she spoke up, "Today, I pledge my love to Halvard. May it not be broken by quakes or oceans." Her voice quavered ever so slightly as she spoke, the excitement seemingly seeping into her speech. Her eye glanced momentarily to the three young bulls in the stands, a profound glee swelling within her.

The queen would bow her head towards the couple and  lift up the still glowing cloth in her hooves, "Raise up your hooves so that you may be bound by the grace of our faiths." Sigrun would raise up her hoof, eyes locking with halvard. Tears accompanied her smile as she waited for the meeting of their fetlocks. With the binding of their hooves with this cloth would begin the final steps of their union. Once the knot was tied, Astrid spoke up once again.

"Do you both pledge to share eachother's pains and seek to alleviate them?" 

Sigrun answered she would.

"Do you promise to share in eachother's brightness and seek to grow brighter in your journeys?"

Again, Sigrun would answer 'yes'.

"Will you honor eachother as equals in this union?"

"A million times yes." Sigrun would smile brightly at her love.

The ritual now neared it's end, the binding of two souls, two families of adoption into one house, one new and sacred thing.  Or, perhaps, it would be best to think of this as a beginning, the setting off upon a lifetime quest.  Halvard felt that deep within his chest, a more profound version of the excitement he had upon beginning a trading voyage to distant lands.

He raised his hoof, touching fetlocks with Sigrun as he worked to keep his breath steady.  The queen bound their hooves, giving the final questions to their vows.

"Do you both pledge to share each other's pains and seek to alleviate them?" 

"Yes, I do so pledge."

"Do you promise to share in each other's brightness and seek to grow brighter in your journeys?"

"Yes, I shall."

"Will you honor each other as equals in this union?"

"Absolutely yes!"  He greeted his mate's smile with one of his own, as he awaited the final words from the Queen.  That was when the party would *really* begin...

Calder leans his head to one side as he watched the wedding happen, he did not take a seat but he did back off to the side to watch. Why did they all sit? They need to be standing for such a event! Heck, the lack of screaming, cheering and somebull tossing a slav- oh ya, no slaves. It just must be how they do things on the maneland. So he stays silent as the two exchanged words and honers. ‘A million times yes.’ from Sigrun followed by an ‘Absolutely yes!’ from Halvard. Was it done? Calder wiggled gently as his ears wiggle and his hooves gently stomp on the floor. When can he yell? Did they not do that? Why did he not ask? Did they have to get word from the blasted queen of the land? And why WAS she even part of this? Hal had some ties to her and the king or something Cal knew that but have her come and do this? Well, it was not his palace to ask some things. He was just some clanless sea bull on the maneland. The best thing to do was to keep his blasted muzzle shut and just follow what his da- teacher! Teacher and friend did. 

Archived