Official Discussion Thread - S08E19 Road to Friendship

tacobob

5w97g7a.jpg

Road to Friendship, titled On the Road to Friendship by some sources, is the nineteenth episode of season eight of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic and the one hundred and eighty-eighth overall.

In this episode, Trixie is invited to bring her magic show to Saddle Arabia, and she can think of no one better to bring along than her great and powerful assistant Starlight Glimmer.

I liked this one but...

Spoiler

I felt like Millhouse waiting for Itchy, Scratchy and Poochie to get to the fireworks factory..But they never do!

I was -HOPING- we would get to see Saddle Arabia...But.....

When asked on Twitter in September 2018 about the absence of Saddle Arabia, supervising director Jim Miller replied, "Unfortunately, it would require a lot of time and effort to design and build the resources to see it properly" and that "it wasn’t in the script".

BOO!

Still, it's a fun episode....Based off the old and very popular 'Road to ...' movies which usually stared Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, and Dorothy Lamour. Sadly, they did not star the superior Crosby. Bob. He is better. Because he is a Bob. And Bobs are better.

Nice to see Trixie and Starlight face the biggest test so far in their relationship...Being stuck in very close quarters during a long trip.

Archived