Official Discussion Thread - S08E22 What Lies Beneath

tacobob

QRnGWg3.jpg

In this episode, the Young Six cram for Twilight Sparkle's "History of Magic in Equestria" exam when they discover a part of the School of Friendship that no one else knows about.

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk!

I really enjoyed this episode.

Spoiler

Sort of a dark episode..The 'Young Six' are forced to face their fears...

Some bits I liked..

1. Being a tomboy, Smolder is embarrassed that she actually enjoys her feminine side...Interesting to see that the two mares who dress her up are referred to as the 'Step ford' Ponies. If you've ever read the book or seen the movie...

2. Ha! I knew something was up with Cozy Glow. But what is she? And what is she trying to do? She gets an loom on her face when she finds out about the power under the school. Wonder if she's working for Neighsay?

3. The show did something the movie could not. Make the Storm King scary.  He looked rather frightful looking in from the darkness.

4. Poor Silverstream...She's so bouncy and happy...Gal had a rather traumatic childhood.

Archived