Ya'll Got a Problem!

Problematic

It's me. 'Sup? Let's be friends n' stuff, yeah?

If you want to know more about me: I'm a rainy day nerd and full time awesome person. I've been forum RPing for some ungodly long unspecific amount of time (Longer than you) and eventually the lot of you will fall in line and worship me as your goddess. They all do (Sometimes (Maybe never)). Aside from writing like crazy, I also like video gaming like crazy. The library of games that I enjoy is long and varied, with only the FPS genre really falling outside my area of expertise. I'm far too big of a klutz for any game that requires quick reactions, lightning reflexes and a good aim. I mostly just end up firing all around and outside my enemy's hit box.

I'm probably extremely strange for being here as I'm not actually a really big fan of MLP. I just watched the first two episodes yesterday when I signed up for this site and the series is like... how many years old now? For some reason, MLP roleplay just sounds super cool to me and I'd like to get in on that action right about now when the MLP brony hype has largely died down into a low murmur. Being totally ignorant to a large portion of lore obviously means I'm going to try to stay away from it as I slowly watch more and more of the series over time (Probably). If I'm RPing with you and I mess something up or you feel like lore needs to be shared so that I can better play a scene, don't hesitate to inform me. I am totally ignorant to the lore atm if it's outside the very basics.

Of all the things, I've actually been listening to and enjoying the fan music for ages. To me, that's by far the best thing that came out of the huge brony boom when the series was first discovered by people too old to be watching a children's program without any children in the room. A lot of the stuff by The Living Tombstone is just absolutely the best. Vinyl Scratch/Octavia are best ever thanks to my really, really enjoying Epic Wub Time, which I watched forever ago when it first came out on Youtube.

I can't really think of anything else interesting to write so uh... yeah! Hey, guys. I'll be hanging with you for awhile unless you all decide you hate me or something (totally not likely). It's nice to meet whoever decides to post here. I'll be working on my character sometime later today when I get the time. I promise it'll happen. I already have the floor plan laid out in my head. I just need to get the writing down.

Hi! Welcome to Canterlot.com and congratulations on having a chance to watch the entire series (probably) for the first time.  I'm actually incredibly jealous of that.  Eight seasons, 195 episodes, and yeah the brony craze has died down for many, but several of us are still obsessed with Equestria, mostly because our love for it is based on the setting and potential for story creation the show introduced to us. Being able to craft stories in RP become a hobby I discovered only after I started watching it in 2011. I have changed a lot since then, but thanks to Canterlot.com and the friends I've made here, my writing has improved significantly and my fascination with role play matured. I came for the ponies, but stayed for the friends and stories.

Some of us love to craft original characters while others insist on playing established characters from the show. And some do both! The greatest thing about the lore of MLPFiM is that you can go hard and be meticulous about it, but even if you're not that familiar, the basics are really easy to understand and it's mostly all you need to properly earn the context. We're all a bunch of cartoon characters in written form and even original characters earn the respect of others once they hang around long enough.

Other than things RP-related, you can join our discord to chat it up with those of us who chose to hang out there.  https://discord.gg/xr44tzX

I can't wait to see what Passion Pure is like. And if you have any questions about the show canon, feel free to ask here or in discord. See you on the forums!

Passion's profile was hanging at just needing a history for the longest time there because I discovered that Let it Die released on Steam. That ate up my attention till the novelty began to wear off a bit. That time is now! Thanks for the welcomes, guys. ^^ I'm on episode 6 now. I'm noticing that thus far they haven't really put a lot of time into world building, which is a bit disappointing, but they probably had no idea the show would take off like it did yet.

It's definately a show that would have been better if it was more sequential. I do love some of the episodes that are slice of life though.

The world gets bigger as the seasons go on, i would say season 5 is where it starts to really open up in terms of the world, but I would just watch them in order.

Welcome to Canterlot.com!

I am Kahoot :D 

I am more than positive you will enjoy your stay, to start off of course... You should probably read the site guidelines and protocols of RP before getting started. The rules are easy to follow and simply a way to allow everyone to have fun. Now, anypony is allowed to post a thread in the Free For All section without making a character application... This is where things may seem a bit confusing, but do not fret! A character application is basically a description of your OC or a character you would like to use in the World of Equestriaforum. In fact, they're not at all hard to make, here is a guide on how to make one and here is an example of one (As you can see in the comments of my thread, a Senior RP Staff or Moderator put an approval message, this is when you know you're all set for RP fun in the WoE section). As you can see, under your profile image it says "Member", once it says "RP Certified" like under my profile image, that is when you know you're set and ready to RP in the WoE section as well. Also! It may take a day or two for you to become RP Certified, for me, it took a bit longer and if you've been waiting a while, don't hesitate to contact staff... They're really nice and helpful!

Free For All- You do not need an approved application or be RP Certified, your OC can be anything you like... From an alicorn to some weird hybrid of a monster... It's all up to you!

World of Equestria- Your character has to be more realistic, here are some examples of animals your OC may be... Staff may ask for you to change a few things before they can approve it. If you want to use a pony or animal from the actual MLP show itself, you will also need to make an application for them... Here is a list of cast members from the show!

Crossovers- Want your pony in a video game, anime, show? Look no further! For here is where your pony can live in Narnia, maybe even the land of Ooo? Anything!

Multiverse- Basically a place for Alternate Universe's.

Out of Character Discussion- Now, they're two of these... One for the Free For All forum and one for WoE forum. Here, you can plan out your RP's, it's a great tool if there is more than you and another pony!

Don't forget to title for RP's with Open (If you're still welcoming more players), Closed (If you're no longer welcoming anyone else), Ask to Join (If someone would like to join, this title tells them to contact you for permission), or Sign up in OOC (This directs an interested pony to go to your thread in the Out of Character section to sign up... This basically means they will provide a description of the OC or character they would like to use... This is good for long-term RP's with a lot of players)

Now I know, this may seem really complicated but it isn't once you get the hang of it! I went through this process myself and now everything is going by like a piece of cake :D 

Already have OCs? You will need to make an application for them if you would like to use them in WoE as I stated above, although, you can freely use them in the Free For All forum without them being approved.

If you still feel lost about a certain forum, there is a description in small letters underneath the title!

You can make a character log to hold all your OC's and playable cast members, here is an example. Character sheets are the Free For All version of a character application, here is an example.

Hopefully, I cleared up most things... If you're still lost, simply ask for help! I am more than happy to help a fellow member out :)

18 hours ago, Kahoot said:

Welcome to Canterlot.com!

I am Kahoot :D 

I am more than positive you will enjoy your stay, to start off of course... You should probably read the site guidelines and protocols of RP before getting started. The rules are easy to follow and simply a way to allow everyone to have fun. Now, anypony is allowed to post a thread in the Free For All section without making a character application... This is where things may seem a bit confusing, but do not fret! A character application is basically a description of your OC or a character you would like to use in the World of Equestriaforum. In fact, they're not at all hard to make, here is a guide on how to make one and here is an example of one (As you can see in the comments of my thread, a Senior RP Staff or Moderator put an approval message, this is when you know you're all set for RP fun in the WoE section). As you can see, under your profile image it says "Member", once it says "RP Certified" like under my profile image, that is when you know you're set and ready to RP in the WoE section as well. Also! It may take a day or two for you to become RP Certified, for me, it took a bit longer and if you've been waiting a while, don't hesitate to contact staff... They're really nice and helpful!

Free For All- You do not need an approved application or be RP Certified, your OC can be anything you like... From an alicorn to some weird hybrid of a monster... It's all up to you!

World of Equestria- Your character has to be more realistic, here are some examples of animals your OC may be... Staff may ask for you to change a few things before they can approve it. If you want to use a pony or animal from the actual MLP show itself, you will also need to make an application for them... Here is a list of cast members from the show!

Crossovers- Want your pony in a video game, anime, show? Look no further! For here is where your pony can live in Narnia, maybe even the land of Ooo? Anything!

Multiverse- Basically a place for Alternate Universe's.

Out of Character Discussion- Now, they're two of these... One for the Free For All forum and one for WoE forum. Here, you can plan out your RP's, it's a great tool if there is more than you and another pony!

Don't forget to title for RP's with Open (If you're still welcoming more players), Closed (If you're no longer welcoming anyone else), Ask to Join (If someone would like to join, this title tells them to contact you for permission), or Sign up in OOC (This directs an interested pony to go to your thread in the Out of Character section to sign up... This basically means they will provide a description of the OC or character they would like to use... This is good for long-term RP's with a lot of players)

Now I know, this may seem really complicated but it isn't once you get the hang of it! I went through this process myself and now everything is going by like a piece of cake :D 

Already have OCs? You will need to make an application for them if you would like to use them in WoE as I stated above, although, you can freely use them in the Free For All forum without them being approved.

If you still feel lost about a certain forum, there is a description in small letters underneath the title!

You can make a character log to hold all your OC's and playable cast members, here is an example. Character sheets are the Free For All version of a character application, here is an example.

Hopefully, I cleared up most things... If you're still lost, simply ask for help! I am more than happy to help a fellow member out :)

You're late. :sans:

Archived