Done

Name: Starstream Dusk 
Race: Unicorn 
Appearance: Her mane is a purple, light lavender, a pinkish-purple, and a dark blue. Her coat color is a dark lavender. Her eyes are a mix of minty green and light blue. She is about average in physical strength. Her cutie mark is a Glittering River.  

Personality: She tries to be the upbeat cheery pony.  So basically she tries to be the Class Clown.  She jokes her way through conversations, which annoys ponies when the conversation is serious.  She doesn't like to be rushed and that stresses her out.  She doesn't do very well with leadership positions.

Winter Civilian gear: 

She wears an Aqua Green hat with a neon yellow scarf. 

• 3 weeks later...

(Happy Holidays Ya'll!  This is just a friendly little reminder that this rp is still active.  I guess this can also serve as a bit of an interest check to see who's still on board and ready to go.  I'm still in communication with Toast and I've also been talking with Shadow, I've been assured that they're both still ready to go when their schedules open up.  Feel free to reply just so we know who's still on the roster.) 

(Hey guys, you know what, I think that posting what I have right now is better than to delay this forever.)

(I'll edit in a hopefully little while but the basics are there, so the roleplay can be continued.)

(So here's my near-complete post:)

---------------------------------------------------------

The workshop had always been his favorite place. For him, it was a precious little world in itself where he could spend hours either by himself or in the company of his dad. They've made many great things here over the years, he and his dad, and whatever it was patching up roofs, improving old crystal devices or simply making a nice dining table for their neighbors, ol' Gear and son got the job done alright.

Today's project was something bit more special than a simple table however.

About two weeks ago, he passed the entry test and got accepted into the Rangers. It had been a dream for some time, but for one reason or another he just couldn't bring himself to do it. His dad being ever so doubtful of him becoming a Ranger also didn't help. "That accursed forest is no place for us folks my dear sonnie. Trust ol' dad for that one," he once said, looking him straight in the eyes; "at best, ya'll just come back here within day or two, disappointed and your feet frostbitten. But at worst," his dad paused, sighed heavily and added: "at worst my son, is somethin' I truly hope I won't ever have to think about."

His warning hit Frosty real hard and has stuck with him since, sowing seeds of doubt about the coming expedition and how wise his choice really was. The look in his father's eyes was nothing he could forget either, it almost as he had been in that forest himself, fighting for his very life.
But he could hardly be speaking of his personal experience, could he?

...Well, to make things a little better, his dad's attitude changed somewhat after Frosty got accepted though, much to Frosty's surprise as he'd applied without him knowing. Instead of being furious with his son going behind his back like this, he hesitantly congratulated him when he got back home. Perhaps his dad knew that he couldn't stop him in doing whatever he'd got himself into, and thus could only prepare him for the dangers to come. That's also when his dad gave him the heavy crystal pistol he'd gotten from somewhere.

But enough of that. Said pistol was the reason of why he was here, with his welding helmet on and covered head to toe in blazing sparks. Frosty was seldom in better mood than right now, lost in a world of his own as he fiddled with the device before him, heavy electro blasting in the background as usual. He just needed to attach that cooling system beneath the barrel, connect it, and then "The Repeater" as he called it would finally be ready. 
"A little finishing touch..."
"And done!"
Barely able to contain his excitement, Frosty powered off the welder and looked at the still glowing technological marvel before him. "The Repeater" was truly a masterpiece, unlike anything he'd ever done before. Named after it's two round burst mechanism, the pistol was heavily modified for sure. With it's removed power limitations, enhanced energy capacitor, widened barrel and newly installed cooling system to counter the excessive heating, most would say that "The Repeater" was far from anything resembling fancy. And while that was perhaps true, he couldn't care less. It was his very own creation, and if crude look and fried power cells were the price to pay for a devastating weapon that could disintegrate nearly anything in his path, then so would it be.

And now, it was time for the best part. Everything required some double checking, masterpiece or not, and he needed to ensure that the newly installed cooling system was working correctly. Unless he would want to risk it blowing up when he needed it the most, that is. "Sure, it'd be wise to delay the testin' until tomorrow, considering how very late it is and I could really use some sleep." Frosty thought sarcastically and smirked, "But to be honest, that would just be lame, and hell, if I don't wanna waste some cells after all this work!"

Thus, he wasted no time and brought "The Repeater" over to the workbench in a haste, slammed some brand-new energy cells into it and dug out a rusty metal sheet to use as a target. With all things in place, Frosty positioned himself at the other side of the workshop, raised the pistol casually and aimed at the center. Shooting was nothing new to him, as it was one of many things he and his dad did together, so Frosty was quite good shot. That was perhaps for the best, as when he took a deep breath and charged the weapon, he was reminded instantly that "The Repeater" was indeed nothing to be played around with. The raw power contained within built up at an alarming pace, the vibrations grew stronger with every passing moment and the once faint electrical humming quickly became dangerously loud. But Frosty knew what he was doing, and just as an explosion seemed imminent, he exhaled and calmly let go.

(A little bit more to come, although I now see that this is perhaps a bit too much of nothing?)

(Alright finally able to sit down and get this out here, I've been waiting to do this and am pumped I finally got the time for it! Welp time to get to it and, Enjoy!)

--------------------------------------------------

The train finally came to a full stop at ponyville station which caused the ponies inside to begin to pile up towards the door to get out of the cramped train cars and meet with whoever they were meeting with or just to wait for the next train to the next city. The once colorful trains now more drab and monotone in color and design. Guards in dark armor and carrying standard issue Mana Rifles making sure trouble doesn't arise and to keep said trouble in check if it does rear its ugly head. Trick was one of the last off the train not so much in a hurry as he made sure all of his gear and equipment was present. After securing his scarf he put his saddlebags on and secured his large rucksack on top as well which contained his own personal heavy DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle) which he took special care of during his time being deployed in Dodge Junction which admittedly he hasn't done much in terms of fighting any of the Everfree beasts due to being the new guy, plus his usual attitude didnt get him to many favors with those in positions above him in the Rangers.

He was suprised when he heard he was volunteered for being relocated to ponyville even though he wasnt sure as to why. He smirked as he walked out onto the platform his eyes scanning the area around him as he moved. Watching ponies reconvene and mill about he also took notice of the heating fields keeping the storm at bay. He sighed as this would not make the walk anywhere pleasent.

Welp...nothing ventured, nothing gained "

He said as began trodding toward the exit passing a few guards who watched him go by with only looking away when they saw the ranger emblem on his bag. Trick braced himself as he walked out into the barrage of snow and wind he grit his teeth but kept moving towards ponyville square the wind howling into his ears and snow seeming to pile up which he continued to trudge through ignoring the biting cold and wind.

After a bit of walking Trick was growing weary of walking through the snow he made a bit of progress making his way toward the outpost but couldn't help but find the need to take a breather from the storm. He noticed what seemed to be a diner and began trudging his way up to the building. Once through the heating fields he breathed out in relief from the cold as he stretched out a bit as shook off water droplets and stretched a bit as he made his way to the door and walked in to see few ponies sitting around enjoying the warmth and escape from the weather. The once obviously bright and cheerful decorum now gone which admittedly was familiar all around equestria after the rise of Nightmare Moon he walked over to a empty booth and set down his ruck sack followed by his saddle bags and slid them under the table before taking a seat with a gratuitous sigh and smile as he looked out into the storm thanks to the window next to him lightly tapping his rear hoove on the floor as he lost himself in thought.

• 3 weeks later...

(Alright guys bad news.  It is with sincere apologies that I'm gonna have to put this little op on hold, if not scrub it entirely.  This semester brought with it a slue of new classes and a packed schedule.  This along with my new commitment to the school's ROTC program is eating up far too much time.  Again, my bad I didn't gauge my time properly...thanks for sticking around guys.)

Archived