End of MLP:FIS

Kip

They haven't said anything about the new show...There have been random character designs floating around..But that's all I've seen.

What would you like to see in the new GEN?

Yeah, I'd love to see an year skip....The CMCs are teens.....Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake are kids..And the main characters..Along with their friends.

tyza9Do.png

Or I just want a certain artist to finish her comic strip! :scream:

I'd love to see another city.  We already had an itty bitty village. Why not set it in the city?

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

I wish I could share your optimism when it comes to the MLPFIM reboot that's going to be made after this show ends, but unfortunately, it's going to be written by the worst FIM writers and Freelancers out there.

Have you seen the leaked Hasbro emails on this? The Applejack-related one has a certain red flag a friend of mine in the industry warned me about, and it's not what you'd think.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm only somewhat sad it's over. 

I'd been on board since day one, further back in fact because I was a G1 collector since 1983. I've lived through it all. The good times, the bad times, the increasingly ridiculous gimmicks, the Lyra plushie, Baby Lickety Split. It's just another chapter.  We might tip back to kiddie nonsense with forced conflict for a bit, but then it'll tip back the other way since Hasbro is now aware of the money they can glean from adult fans. 

But I like when things have chapters.  You can enjoy an encapsulated whole.

It's like why I'm glad that Freaks and Geeks ended after one season.  Sure, I'd like to spend more time with the characters, and want to know what happens, but I'm not sure them fully spelling it out for me would do it justice. Especially if it's done extremely poorly.

That being said I have like a season and a half to catch up on.  Sigh.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, flutterscotch said:

I'm only somewhat sad it's over. 

I'd been on board since day one, further back in fact because I was a G1 collector since 1983. I've lived through it all. The good times, the bad times, the increasingly ridiculous gimmicks, the Lyra plushie, Baby Lickety Split. It's just another chapter.  We might tip back to kiddie nonsense with forced conflict for a bit, but then it'll tip back the other way since Hasbro is now aware of the money they can glean from adult fans. 

But I like when things have chapters.  You can enjoy an encapsulated whole.

It's like why I'm glad that Freaks and Geeks ended after one season.  Sure, I'd like to spend more time with the characters, and want to know what happens, but I'm not sure them fully spelling it out for me would do it justice. Especially if it's done extremely poorly.

That being said I have like a season and a half to catch up on.  Sigh.

SCOTCHIEEEEEE.

I totally agree with you. FiM gave us so much. I have some catching up to do too. I'm slowly slogging through it. I made a lot of friends through this, discovered stuff about myself in watching it, and it gave us not only Lyraplush, but DashJar as well. 

It's okay for stuff to end and let new stuff come.

• Like 2

The day the show doesn't put a smile on my face is the day I stop watching.

I still have tons of faith for the next gen shows. Hopefully we'll get writers from the other Family friendly but still really good shows out there.

• Like 1

FiM has been quite the ride. Suffice it to say, not only did I score quite a few internet friends thanks to this community, but you all have also been a gateway to other cool shows. Honestly, finding this place gave me hope that online communities don't always have to be cesspools of immaturity and toxicity.

If there's one thing I ask of the Gen5 reboot, it's that motivates a new generation of chill fans to come Canterlot's way. :)