Return of the Vampire Legion: Gods of Ashgar (Private)

(( This is a movie type thread to the original storyline, anything here will not be mentioned in the original storyline. Considered Non-canon. ))

Ocean waves slapped against the hardwood bow of a standard brigantine class ship. On board, the ships five man crew rummaged about, growing weary from a five day long voyage across the Equestrian Sea. Killjoy, a Colonel in the Equestrian Military, and one of the Champions chosen by the Princesses. She’s one the Heavy Hitters of the Kingdom, her Trait is called Hypersonic, allowing her to move at incredible speeds and produce usable electricity. Oakly Talon Trax, newly promoted 1st Lieutenant, Champion of Equestria. The oldest twin son of Equestria’s famous General Nameless Trax, his Trait is Absolute Parry, allowing him to deflect attacks with ease and crate opening for him to counter. Triton of the Cardinal Dragons, Captain in the Royal Mages Division, Champion of Equestria. Member of the Cardinal Dragons, made up of four powerful magic users, each gifted in individual Elemental Magic. His Trait, Dragon Aspect, taking on the aura armor of a dragon, increasing his physical and magical prowess. Kasey Melody Trax,  newly promoted 1st Lieutenant, Champion of Equestria. Youngest twin son of General Nameless Trax, his Trait is called Absolute Strike, allowing him to successfully strike his target without fail. Seven Shot, of the Batkin Race and former Silent Fang member of the Vampire Legion, currently an Advisor to Lord Shadowed Heart. A powerful magic user who uses Blast and Shot Magic, his Trait is called Lock-On, allowing him to paint a target with his magic and direct all his magical attacks to said target without error. These five were sent to a land known as Ashgar, to find an ancient item called, The Heart. Legend has it this item’s power could change the tide of the War, and so an Equestrian Team is being sent to retrieve it, along with an Allied Ambassador.

Seven heaved over the side of the ships railing, his purplish skin looking a little pale, his dark brown trench coat and cowboy hat set atop a barrel beside him. “Ugh, five bucking days of this... I am Batkin, this Sea Sickness thing will not defeat me!” He growled confidently before burping and making another heave over the side. Oakly stood at the wheel, turning slightly left as the current attempted to pull them right, he had gotten pretty good at driving since they started off five days ago. Kasey swung around in the sails above, enjoying himself after learning how not to swing too far out and overboard. “Heads up Mates’! I see land on the Horizon!” He called down to them as he rested atop the main sails cross bar. Seven cheered in relief, “Celestia’s Smooth Skin Finally!” He said briefly before hacking another volley over the railing. On the horizon, the little bit of land could be seen, signaling their destination was in sight.

Triton shot out of the ocean with a splash that hit Seven as he passed him. He landed on the deck of the ship soundlessly and completely dry. “What a refreshing trip. Felt good to travel by sea for once.” He said as he joined Oakly at the helm. “Are we expecting trouble immediately?” He asked Oakly.

• 3 weeks later...

Seven mumbled a few curse under his breath, but did admit the cold water did feel somewhat refreshing. Oakly shook his head, “Rumor has it that only those with Evil intent are barred from reaching the Island. I believe we should be safe, if not, we’ll find out soon. We’re reaching the Island’s Water boundary.” He explained as pointed ahead, where pointy rocks jutted out from the ocean surface, littered with shipwrecks. Kasey starred from his perch in nervous horror, the damage was chaotic, with many ships having rocky points speared through their center deck. These rocks were not made by nature.

Across the sea, aproaching from the opposite side of the island, several large black barg ships were held still by watery currents. On board, Ally, Black Star, and Chandler, stood impatiently on the deck. In front of the ships, a swirling sphere of water levitated in the air. The silhouette of a man appeared inside, with bright white eyes. Ally grit her with a devious grin, “Move, or be Moved.” She called out to the newcomer, with a snarky yet threatening tone. The figure made no movement, but their eyes did narrow slightly.

• 1 month later...

Towards the rear of the ship, the doors of the Captain's quarters flew open as Maelstrom stepped out in his usual stride, hands behind his back. He calmly stepped his way to Ally's side. He gazed at the figure surrounded by the watery vortex "I do believe he has no intention of moving dear Ally. If they wish To have a taste of our superiority, then I say let them. Though of course...be sure to not underestimate."

Triton made his way to where Killjoy was standing on the ship. “How true do you believe the stories to be about this place?” Triton asked seriously. Killjoy wasn’t the type to let her imagination affect her intelligence. Triton had found it a surprising comfort on the voyage.

The figure made little notice of the appearance of the man in charge, sensing four ships only had a handful of Real Lifeforms on them, “Just half then.” A muffled voice spoke from the large watery sphere. Black Star and Chandler looked on in confusion, Ally felt a surge inside her, warning of a massive threat. One that made even herself flinch. Instantly the watery sphere separated into four thin pressurized blasts, targeting four of the warship barges, slicing them in half. Happening so fast, the destruction was swallowed into the sea by the whirlpools, Black and Chandler barely had time to cast their own magic in defense. Ally didn’t move, knowing full well she couldn’t have done anything. “Look forward to meeting again, though for your sake, pray that We Don’t.” The voice added again before the sea went calm, not even a magical trace of their attacker was left.

• 2 weeks later...

Killjoy shrugged at Triton's question "whether or not those stories are true is no concern of mine, I'm here to do what my princesses' wish me to. We just gotta go in, grab what we need, and get the h3ll out. What I know for fact is that if we know about this artifact, so does the Batkin...well the evil ones. If this artifact is so important, then they aren't gonna risk sending grunts, I'd wager the top five are going to be on that island with us. Question is, will we he able to stand as equals? Some time has passed since our last confrontation so let us pray we closed at least most of the power gap between us." She said putting her foot up on the side railing of the ship. "Either way, we wont have any of these questions answered until we get on to the island."

Maelstrom witnessed half of his ships destroyed, but as usual, he stayed unfazed. He was actually quite surprised to see beings with such power "well this is interesting indeed, it seems that finally after a thousand years, we will have a challenge, at least hopefully."

Black Star and Chandler went to confer with the other barges still floating, out of their entire army they brought, only two dozen were Batkin, the other thousands were animated golems and undead skeletal soldiers. Seems they now lost half their forces brought, a large blow to them but will be enough to stake a foothold on land. Ally grit her teeth, “A challenge indeed...”

Oakly maneuvered the small ship around a pillar of rock jutting out from the sea, aiming the bow back towards the island ahead. “She reach land within the next two hours, Kasey be ready to-“ Barely getting his words out, Oakly felt the whole ship lurch forward, speeding across the waters surface. Killjoy and Triton were thrown off their feet and sent flying back, Seven went crashing through the stairs on the left side and planted into the wall behind, too sick to do anything about it. Kasey was in the crows nest, his legs dangling out as he held on for dear life, Oakly felt nothing around him, completely weightless as he soared back over the back of the ship. Fear gripped him for half a second, but he recovered as his blue aura wings spread forth from his back. The ship moved fast, Oakly was barely keeping pace with it a dozen yards back, watching the sails being blown by what seemed like an unknown force. “What the.. how?”

Below Oakly, Triton shot out of the water. He landed on the surface of the water, skimming across the surface keeping pace with Oakly. “I’m going to try and slow it down from the front!” He yelled from below as he activated his dragon aura. Then he shot forward leaving a large wake behind him to get ahead of the ship.

• 3 weeks later...

Maelstrom chuckled "do not let yourself into your anger, they are not worth your rage. Keep that inside until it matters, then rip them apart until there is nothing left for their friends to identify. Just keep your mind focused on our mission, I can't have you distracted."

Killjoy caught herself on her feet and braced herself to compensate with the force against her. "What the h3ll is going on, why is the ship moving at this high speed!!??" She yelled.

Ally nodded as she set her blood red eyes on the island ahead, “Never, I am never distracted.”

Kasey felt the whole mast creak and vibrate, “Uh oh.” Sensing the danger, Kasey let go of the crows nest railing, unleashing his red aura wings to make a single powerful swoop down to the deck of the ship. However the momentum carried him into Seven and crashing into the ships cabin. Oakly trailed behind the ship, stressing his aura wings to their limits, barely reaching the back of the ship and pulling Himself over. Crawling up to the steering wheel, Oakly stood up just the mast broke and flew off the ship, passing right over him. The island drawing closer and closer. “We need to slow down or we’re in for a really rude island greeting!” He called out as he braced himself firmly.

A blue glow ahead signaled that Triton had made his way to the front of the ship. He was struggling in the water surrounding the island, something he wasn’t used to. “There’s an old powerful magic in these waters, it’s interfering with my control!” He shouted above deck. The water was heavier to him causing him to work harder even for simple spells. Triton dug in and coated the front of the ship with a hardened ice, strong as steel. Then he began conjuring small icebergs in front of the ship the would crash against the front causing the ship to slow but not fast enough. Time slowed as he analyzed his surroundings. There was no wind and the water wasn’t pushing the ship. As he focused he could see the aura surrounding the ship. He cursed himself and thought of Flint who would’ve probably noticed the aura by now. He kept at it with the icebergs and added to it by shooting a massive geyser at the front of the ship attempting the expedite the process. It was working but he wasn’t going to be able to slow the ship in time.

• 4 weeks later...

Oakly let out a deep breath, watching the island rush towards them, “BRACE YOURSELVES!” He yelled out before the ship hit the islands sea ledge, with only the ships top deck, it slid across the ground for over a hundred yards before coming to a grinding halt. Oakly stood firm, still holding the wheel, which was no longer attached to the ship itself. Dropping the wheel, Oakly glanced around, they had stopped in a savanna with a jungle-like treeline in the distance. “Sound off!” Oakly said before coughing. “Here...” Kasey and Seven’s muffled voices came from inside the barely structural captains cabins. 

• 3 weeks later...

Killjoy stood already on the island. She used her immense speed to make it to shore safetly without injury. "I'm here, it's hotter than friggin tartarus oug here!" She exclaimed "and humid as hell...its gonna mess up my hair...why am I cursed with such bodily inconveniences!"

Triton followed soon after tucking a couple vials of water into the folds of his apparel. “Strong magic room control of our ship. It’s aura was something very old something I’ve never seen before. The water too... there’s a strange force on this island and I fear this pales in comparison to what’s to come.” He paused for a moment looking at ruined remains of the ship. “Seems we will need to add a new ship to our list of things to do here.” He said bluntly.

Seven crawled out from the wreckage, “I’m gonna kill her, I’ll do it!” He said exasperated, Kasey popped up and stepped on a board, setting off a chain reaction below which caused a board to fly up in Sevens face. The Batkin fell back with a red mark on his face, Kasey barely noticed the accident as he looked at Triton, “Old Magic? I thought old people were supposed to be friendly, that was a rough welcome.” He said cracking his back. Oakly hopped down to them, “We can remedy the Colonels hair problem and learn more about this island.” He began as he pointed off in the distance, the mere smoke trail coming up from a possible populated town, “We should start there first, and blend into the population, as best we can. Who knows if the island gets many visitors... live ones anyway.”

• 2 weeks later...

“Based on our entrance, I doubt many unfamiliar faces come through. Be on alert for more surprises like this one.” Triton thought aloud. His hands lit up in a spell and a mist spiraled around him. When it cleared he wore the drab of but a simple fisherman. Where his trident once was now rested a fishing pole. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seven dragged himself from the ships wreckage and gave a groaning sigh, “I’m not as good with illusions so you get what you get.” He mumbled as he started to cast his spell, Oakly nodded his thanks, “Perhaps the simpler the better, don’t want to attract too much attention to us.”

An hour later, they arrived at the large fishing port, all looking like simple fishermen in baggy pants and shirts. However, what they found was not the case. Ashgarian Fishermen were dressed in fine looking drabs with buttons and black shiny boots, carrying nicer looking fishing poles. All eyes were on the raggy bunch, practically preaching they were not from here. An old lady approached them with a smile, “Hello dear's, you looked lost, perhaps you need an Inn to stay at? Come, come now, I will take you all in for some fresh clothes and beds to rest in. You’re arrival was probably a little bumpy.” She told them kindly as she took Triton’s hand and started leading them down the street. Oakly exchanged a curious glance with Killjoy, wondering how the Lady knew of their entrance on the Island. Kasey snickered at Seven for their change of illusion clothing, to which he responded by slapping the back of his head.