The Unlikely Cirmumstances (Closed: tacobob) Completed!

GoldenDaze

mLKBqqQ.png?1

'The Annual Regionals Meet' was plastered across the arena in Cantorlot, the clouded track being set comfortably on the ground for any pony or creature to watch. Only sixteen pegasi were hoof picked to go and race in this meet, for the next meet was for districts. Only half could move on though, as districts required only eight ponies to qualify. The weather was nice and sunny outside, complimenting the spring trees whom had just bloomed outside the stadium. The warm air had caused a large crowd to form on the bleachers, since most didn't like sitting in the rain. A large crowd meant more money was coming through, just from betting alone. Of course the higher class ponies sat above all else, placing their own bets to attract the most attention. Within the stadium, were of course the sixteen racers. 

Golden Daze stood as one of the competitors, taking in the warm air into her lungs to relax her tense body. Her anxiety was off the roof. Though she's flown with a few of these pegasi already from her past meets, the idea of getting in the starting position, waiting for the flag to go down, made her nervous. Her dad believed she was made to do this, which kept her moving forward. All she had to do was place in the top eight and she could continue on with her season. It was only 250 laps, her main event. The event she trained the most for. It should be a piece of cake. 

The golden pony's uniform snuggled on her close, making her more comfortable. Though see all those creatures in the stands made her have a small mental breakdown, she was use to this. So, as the flag pony yelled, "To your marks!" Daze got herself situated in her lane, relaxing her entire body. The crowd fell silent, and all Daze could hear was her thoughts and the control of her breathing. "Set!" The mare's wings flung into the air, outstretching and ready for the first push into the air. The other 15 competitors followed suite, itching for the flag to fling down. 

Daze's ears twitched as she heard the slight shift of movement from the flag, causing her to launch into the air with a sudden burst of energy. Her wings were strong, and powerful, but so was everypony else's. Daze found herself in 5th place, and though she could easily settle for that placement, she wanted more. The 150th lap rolled around, and that's when Daze's wings kicked harder. Every flap counted to catching the next Pegasus up. She flew into 4th place, then 3rd, trailing behind two other ponies. Onto the 200th, she began to get tired, losing her momentum with the wind against her. She kept pushing though, slowly catching to 2nd place. 210th, 230th, 240th, ten more to go. Then, she past the 2nd place pony, putting her in that position. The race was over. 

The young Pegasus huffed, absolutely tired from her strong comeback. She looked up at the leaderboard, seeing her placement and time. "Not too shabby," she said out loud, looking at every pony else who just finished. She tiredly walked to the others, congratulating everypony who made it, and saying 'good job' to those who tried their best. She then went over to first place, smiling sweetly. "Nice job, kid," she said to them, then shook their wing. "See you at the next meet."

The Pegasus smiled, just relieved the race was over. She always agreed to herself that before the race was the worst, during it is in the middle, and after is the best. The Pegasus didn't have to worry anymore. Her dad continuously told her to ice and stretch afterwards though, to prevent injuries. His voice was ringing in her head, the familiar sensation keeping her mind occupied. She got lost in her thoughts then, heading over to the locker room. She was sweaty and exhausted, and just wanted some water at this point. She was walking faster, at a trot, and as she closed her eyes to concentrate on her next actions.

Soon, she found herself on the ground, landing hard on the concrete. All she knew was that she hit a big wall, a furry one, actually. A little taller than her. Daze was unfamiliar with the creature she just ran into, and she immediately felt bad for the collision. "Woah, hey, sorry, I didn't see 'ya there," she said with a hint of exhaustion. Hopefully the creature wasn't hurt from how hard the collision was.. 

• Like 3

“Canterlot! Sweet babies I’m here!”, a  little brown Abyssinian-Cat let out a holler the moment the most famous of castles could be seen through her train window.

“I’ve been here before, but I was just too little to explore alone.”, she placed an hand towards her neck and then raised it towards her own head to illustrate the size and or age she had been during her last visit, “But now I’m just slightly larger than before, which now permits me to go off on my own and experience the wonders of the greatest city in the world!”, she grinned rather proudly at her seat-mate, who was an middle aged stallion that had been trying his very best to read his newspaper.  “That’s lovely to hear...”, he forced an smile onto his face. He had admired her enthusiasm, but the little cat had not shut up during the whole trip!

“I...And when I mean ‘I’, it was my family and my friends and my fellow 'Cirkys' got to meet Princess Celestia when we last performed here....And wow...." she gasped, "She was so beautiful....And her hair was super pretty and it was always moving....even when she was standing still! Like magic!", she bounced. By now, the stallion considered just stuffing the paper into his ears. Would that help? "Uh-huh.", he groaned.

"Wonder if I'll get to meet her.....oooh.", oblivious just how rude it was to do so, she snatched a page from the newspaper. This was the front page of the EVENTS section.

PGyU4s6.jpg

"This sounds like fun. Do you think this sounds like fun?", she turned the paper to the pony who quickly snatched it back. "Both excitement and wonder! I would be happy with just only one of those things, but they're providing both! And also snacks. I like snacks." With great relief to her seat-mate, the train came to an complete stop.

An announcement could be heard from one of the little speakers located near the corner of their cabin:

This is the Canterlot Train Depot! If you’re exiting, please gather your belongings, watch your head and step, and take small foals by the hooves!

The cat snatched up her bags and bounded out of the train for future excitement and wonder!

After a quick stop at her hotel and a cat-nap, the fuzzy little creature made her way to the Arena. "Wow.", she gasped. This was not like any stadium she had ever seen before! There were seats on the side of a mountain! Were they put there, or were they carved into the mountain itself? And the actual arena was just some clouds. Made sense as this was a flying competition...But wait....The meet was over? She missed the whole thing! Tears started to form in her eyes...She overslept! Oh no! She would not get to enjoy the excitement! She would not get to be part of the wonder! Oh how this day could get even worse?

The Pegasus pony managed to crash right into the poor-cat who tumbled onto her backside.

"That's okay..I'm used to falling on my tail....", the brown cat groaned. There was a slight bruise on her knee. "Can't believe I missed the show...", she let out a painful squeak as she tried to get up.

jxRpbWV.png?1

• Like 1

mLKBqqQ.png?1

Daze felt stupid. Like really stupid. Yeah, she was tired from her long race, but she couldn't have the guts to at least watch where she walked? The Pegasus was kind of humiliated, and she honestly just wanted to hit the showers and move on with her afternoon. Maybe prepare for her next meet, which was even bigger. Daze's golden eyes were glazed with embarrassment. The mare didn't really know how to deal with this situation, even though she dealt with something like this with another pony. But this wasn't a pony. 

The last time she ran into somepony, she broke their snout. That was back in flight school, though. Now she was much more observant and careful of where she went. Except for now, for some reason. Daze was lost in her thoughts at this moment, and she didn't know what to say. She just stared at the poor cat, who was crying over something. Finally she opened her mouth to speak, "I'm really s-orry." There was a little crack in her voice, as she watched the kitty try and stand up. "Here, let me help," she commented, flying into the air and slowly helping the cat up. 

Daze flew back, looking around the other creature to check for any serious damage. The cat was crying over missing the show, the show Daze performed in. What an odd circumstance to be faced with. "Hey- y'know- there's more shows and stuff later on," the Pegasus mentioned, trying to make the other feel better in this weird situation. She felt awkward now, trying to think of how to help. She then noticed a bruise on the cat's knee, making Daze flinch. "That's a good one. Uh- Here, I'll go back to the locker room really fast and grab you a wrap." Daze then paused, thinking for a second. She couldn't leave the girl alone, especially after she knocked her onto the hard ground. Daze knew she was going to wake up with some bruises too. 

There was an announcement overhead, stating 'Come get your autographs and a picture with your favorite racer in ten minutes!' and Daze panicked. "Oh, Celestia, why?" She looked back at the creature who was still mildly upset, "C'mon now, change of plans, just follow me. Let's head to the locker room really fast to clean you up. I have some bandages in my bag. Then you can get some autographs, okay? Will that make you feel better?" Daze was trying to be sincere in her attempt to get the cat to smile. 

Daze took this time to really look at the cat. She's knew creatures like her lived off of Equestria, but she doesn't generally see a lot during her meets. She seemed shorter, nonetheless, kind of fragile yet strong. If that made sense. The kitty was wearing weird clothes, nothing Daze has ever seen. She couldn't judge though. She was wearing really tight clothing that generally wasn't seen in public. The cat was really fluffy, and she looked pretty soft. Daze kind of wanted to pet her little head. She was a weirdo in ways like that. Was that appropriate anyway? Is that acceptable? 

The bandaged mare snapped out of her trance, trying to hurry to get to the autographs in time. 

• Like 1

xasg0IE.png

The cat silently nodded her head while she tried her very best to wipe away the tears with her one, free hand. For such cute little creatures, Pegasus ponies sure hit like a ton of bricks!  As she slowly made her way up, her eyes fell upon herself. There was a nasty bruise on her right knee. She could only image how many bumps she got on her backside. Ouch! If her mother was here, she probably would have broken out a potion of Iodine and poured it directly on her knee by now. How she hated that gunk! It usually hurt more than the bruise itself.

"T-that's okay.", the cat stammered as her knee made it perfectly clear that it did not like pressure being put upon it that it normally would handle. "Really?", she gasped after the mare mentioned there would be other events. But would those events be the 'Annual Regionals'? Could she find an equal amount of excitement and wonder during those shows? What if they only provided her with thrills, spills and chills? She already saw plenty of that back at her circus.

The sudden change of plans nearly caused the cat to tumble back, but she kept her balance. She needed to head over to the locker room? After a quick glance away from her own little problems, she realized her 'attacker' was probably one of the athletes! Well, that was one way to meet a racer. Thankfully it was just a light and fluffy mare. Some of those stallions looked like they could crash through a solid wall and keep going. The pair slowly made their way into a small building lined with lockers and the sound of showers in an adjoining room. And since ponies rarely wore clothing, this locker was coed.

"I'm Thrilly by the way...", the young creature quickly scooped up the provided aid. A bit of bandage and a salve would work. "I'm a flying trapeze artist...An aerialist..." This probably did not impress an creature who could actually fly. After a quick dab of gunky lotion that smelled like bad yogurt onto her wounded knee, the fuzzy creature quickly wrapped the injured bits with the provided bandage. Since time was of an essence, Thrilly quickly finished up and was ready to move to the autograph session. She considered dropping her shorts and asking her host if there were any further bruises on her derrière, but that would probably be a little too much. Besides, they had hot tubs at the hotel.

After testing her knee out, she was ready to move on!
  • Like 1

mLKBqqQ.png?1

The Pegasus kept a small distance from the cat, trying not to overwhelm her. She was probably in a lot of pain, judging her sudden winces and such as she stood up. The kitty seemed surprised at the idea of more events happening, which made Daze nod dramatically in return. "Ye-ah, there's a districts meet next week actually. Exactly a week from today, same place, same time. I'm sure you won't miss that one," she smiled at the creature. "Districts is even more important than silly regionals. Regionals is just a ticket into districts." Daze was pretty much a natural at this stuff by now. She qualified for many meets in her years, even at her really young age. She was racing with senior classes. 

Daze led the way into the locker rooms, the tangy smell of sweat and musk littered the halls. She was used to the smell by now, it didn't bother her much. She just felt bad for the custodians who had to disinfect the room. Poor guys. There were a few athletes at the lockers, choking down water or taking a quick shower. The heat from the showers smoked up the way to Daze's own locker, causing her to launch into the air and wave away the smoke with her wings. "Sorry about the lack of cleanliness in here, it's kinda gross." She then opened her locker and took off her uniform, then threw on her jacket and replaced her sweaty headband. 

UPdV9wI.png?1

The mare then turned back at Thrilly, seeing as she already made her way around with cleaning herself up. The cat introduced herself, making Daze shoot a reply, "I'm Golden Daze, but just call me Daze." She took the wrap off her hooves and rewrapped them so they were more tight. She was shocked at what Thrilly did for a living. "Really? That's kinda awesome. Never thought a wingless creature would be doin' tricks in the air. Kinda dangerous, huh?" She glanced at the cat with a sparkle in her eye. "I've always wanted to see a show as a kid. 'Was never allowed to. I always saw posters up on the walls though, or some article in the newspaper. My dad said he'd take me sometime, but his work got the better of him." The mare readjusted her jacket. "I'm an air sprinter, if you were curious enough to know. I just flew not too long ago." 

After the golden Pegasus was done, and made sure Thrilly was good to go, she headed out of the stinky locker room and into fresh air. At record time, an announcement was displayed: 'Autograph signings will begin in four minutes!' Daze then flew into the air, looking straight ahead at where the signings were taking place. She noticed all her fellow competitors were already there, getting ready at their tables. "C'mon, you can be my first to get an autograph," Daze stated, her generous nature boldly taking a place in her stature. The mare flew to her table, greeting her fellow athletes and then smiling at Thrilly. "C'mon now, don't be shy."

• Like 1

As she waited for the pony to change out of her work-clothes, the cat tried her best to wipe away the now dried tears from her eyes. “A week?”, her ears drooped down a little lower, “I’ll be back with the show by then.”, while her mood did sour for a moment, it was restored nearly to ‘pre-crash’ levels once she got a good look at at the crowd of spectators and flyers all buzzing about.  She had seen ponies from a distance pretty much all of her life, but was still pretty impressed by the four legged creatures, especially those who could fly and could stand on clouds.

“Eh.”, she shrugged her shoulders when the Pegasus pony mentioned the smell, “Don’t forget, I work at the circus...And along with the usual animal er, scents, we have performers from nearly all over...And with aromas that range from incredibly pleasant to downright nasty.” She still remembered the day she got into trouble and her parents made her help the staff clean up after the elephants! That was a smell you could never forget! As she tried to keep her eyes away from the shower stalls, she focused on the walls. Posters. There were a few that mentioned the 'Wonderbolts'. She had seen those ponies before during her group's Canterlot visit back then. The stunt flyers all wore matching skintight uniforms and performed amazing stunts in the air that left the young cat in awe.

"Golden Daze..", she was always curious about pony names. Like any other creature out there, a pony's parents usually have a name before birth, but for ponies, these names usually reflected the later personality and even talents a pony would have. Her parents gave  her a name that she would be trained into. "My full name is Thrilly A. Scrapperclaws, and when I perform, it's The Amazing Miss Thrill-A!" Normally, when her stage-name was mentioned, she would break into some acrobatic little trick, but there wasn't a lot of room to move around in the locker room, and her knee was still pretty tender.  "Yep, it's pretty dangerous, even with a net." Even if one missed their mark and fell, there was still a good chance you could break your neck if you did not hit the net properly. This alone kept the young feline from falling during shows.

She frowned a bit deeper when the mare mentioned her father was too busy to take her to the circus.. "I know how that feels....My parents are always busy coming up with all kinds of crazy routines for my brother and I to learn...Usually to outdo another traveling show.. If Madame Knickknack's Pandemonium Hippodrome comes up with the quadruple somersault, we'll have to do an quintuple somersault...They always want to push the envelope...Do better than before, which I guess...", she sighed.

Once they moved on, the cat glanced up to still see a few flyers doing tricks to amuse each other. She quickly followed Daze towards the little area they had roped off for autographs....

qoW0TGr.png
  • Like 1

UPdV9wI.png?1

"That actually sounds rather disgusting," she mare replied, listening to the cat as she spoke about the different smells of the circus. "I mean, I could've guess they were nasty, since there's a lot of animals, right? I could be just stereotyping," Daze shrugged, letting her imagination tell their own stories in her little Pegasus mind. Well, little to Thrilly. Daze was actually quite tall for a Pegasus, but her muscular and athletic build didn't make her look awkward. Rather leveled out. She looked pretty natural. 

Thrilly went on about herself, which intrigued Daze to no end. She was a very curious pony. Even when she was a little kid, she'd get in trouble for getting her nose into bad situations. Curiousness was just in her nature. "Celestia, I wish I had a cool name like that when I race," the mare paused, thinking about something funny. "The Extravagant Golden Daze! The Tall-Tale Miss. Daze!" The Pegasus was laughing now, really enjoying her made up names. If anypony could make Daze laugh, it was herself. "Okay, now I'm just totally jealous of your name, Thrill." Daze smiled warmly. "Thrill- Imma call you that now. Hope you don't mind." 

Now there was a little more serious topic on hoof (or paw), about their parents pushing them. "I'm sorry, Thrill. My dad would push me too, but I didn't wanna let him down. You should've seen his face when I first got my cutie mark. I'm never gonna let that one down." Daze smirked. "I definitely wouldn't be here without 'em though, wouldn't trade 'em for the world. I wouldn't have my confidence, which is like, way more than half of what a Pegasus needs. Without confidence, I wouldn't be able to get my hooves off the ground." 

Moving on, at the booth of ponies waiting for autographs, a big line of ponies were already forming. Daze, already sitting down with her long line, called for Thrilly to come up to the front. "Since you missed the races, I'm feeling a little generous." Daze got her ink out and a picture of the stadium. She then signed her name in the corner with her wing and passed it over to the cat. The other ponies in line kind of seemed frazzled by the cat cutting them in line, but Daze ignored them. It was up to her who got to be first anyway, not some fancy pony-folk who grew up with a big rich family. "There you go." 

Daze looked at the sky for a split second to see some pegasi flying around the stadium and a hotel not too far from where they were at. They were doing harmless tricks, probably seeing who has the best maneuvers. They seemed a little younger than Daze's age. Daze only knew that because of how their wings seemed a little smaller than her own, and they were flapping a little faster. It really just got her thinking about when she was young, flying with some of her old friends back in flight school. Those were the good 'ol days, when nothing seemed to matter and every day was a good day. 

• Like 1

xasg0IE.png

“There’s always nicknames, although others usually have to give it to you..”, Thrilly added as they walked, “You could be the Mighty White Knight Of Flight....Or the one with the greed for speed.. Or the one who floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee....” Maybe someone else owned that name. As she pondered this, more ponies of all ages flocked to get an signature from their favorite flyer. Hopefully there would be plenty for her new friend. “The lass with sass who can go fas...t...”, she added with a giggle.

Ponies had one thing that absolutely blew the acrobat’s fuzzy little mind. When they found their special talent, hobby or something they really liked, an simple little icon of said thing would magically appear on both sides of their backside. Nobody else had this. Why? She wondered. You would think this ability would make its away to other equines, but nope. Horses did not have these marks, nor did hippogriffs...What made them so special?

"Problem with having a special name.", she whispered, "People expect you to live up to it...", she nodded her head, "And I understand what you mean about confidence...I sure as heck wouldn't go climbing up a very long ladder only to throw myself off and wait for my brother to catch me....Only to be thrown further into the air...Without having confidence..."

She waited patiently for an autograph..And when it came, she held it in her hands, "Thanks Miss Golden.." she took a good look at it before she moved out of line, "Hope to see you race one day.." Knowing others were waiting as well, she smiled at the pony before she slowly started to walk away....

• Like 1

UPdV9wI.png?1

"Celestia, you're way more creative than me. Those names sound so awesome," she mare said as they walked to the stands. "I like the greed for speed one." Now, Daze was always a pony up for some speed. The wind in her mane, the acceleration of her heart as she flew on forward, her wings whipping past the sky like scissors on paper. She was addicted. She'd fly forever if she could, if it was logical. Ever since she was a little 'ol foal, she would fly and fly and fly and.. her dad would get tired of keeping up with her. He knew when pegasi got their first taste of the air, Daze would never stop flying. But Daze's was more extreme. Even when the little thing was tired, she still buzz her wings to keep afloat. She never stopped 'till she hit 5 years old. That's just when her father hit practicing like a flying baseball. Everything was a training session, right after kindergarten. There was little to no breaks. 

Thrilly started talking about names, raising Daze's attention up by a million. What a strange idea. "I never thought of it like that. I don't really know the absolute true idea why my parents named me Daze, but y'know, whatever floats their boat." The golden Pegasus thought for a second. "Obviously the golden part comes from my eyes, maybe the 'Daze' part is from my speed that leaves ponies confused?" She shook her head. "I don't know." Thrilly added the circus stuff, and Daze smiled. "Dang, yeah. That would be absolutely terrifying. Heck no to that." 

Anyways, after the autograph, Thrilly said her good-byes. Did she really have to leave so soon? She kinda liked this cat. Daze didn't know how to get her to stay though. Lunch? Icecream? Could cats even have icecream? Weren't like lactose intolerant.. or something? That's what Daze has heard at least. "Hey!" the mare started to say, looking around to think of ideas. "These signings shouldn't take long, I could totally take you on a tour or something." She emphasized the 'totally' to get her point across with her raspy voice. "We could grab some grub too, like a sandwich or whatever."

The mare signed some autographs in the process of talking, realizing not a lot of ponies were in her line, but in the first place's line. Figures. No pony notices the second place, they notice the pony who wins. Daze wasn't jealous, not at all. Daze doesn't get jealous.. totally not.

The mare shook her head and rolled her eyes, then looked back at Thrilly. "Thrill, I have some bits if you don't have any for lunch, unless you wanna head to your hotel real quick and get some," she suggested, shrugging. "You totally don't have to though."

• Like 1

JHKiBw7.png?1

She could not help but feel like a small glass jar. One would just open it up to see that the cat was slightly jelly of what Golden Daze could do. She could fly! Faster than anything else in the air. At least that’s what she had heard Pegasus ponies could do. And Thrilly had an fellow cat species that could do the same, but not as swift. Her griffon cousins. How did they earn their birdie-bits? Was there an Abyssinian-ancestor that couldn't help but notice a rather cute and sassy looking bird at the end of the bar just giving him the 'look'? Or were griffons made via magic? Whatever made them, they could fly! Still, Thrilly and her family of  aerial acrobatics could at least try their very best to come as close as they could to flying.

As her mind shifted around such theories, a voice called out. The mare wanted to HANG OUT? Did Thrilly find herself a friend? She would no longer have to roam the streets of Canterlot alone. She would now have a guide! "Alright!", the cat squeaked out. "You betcha I'll come with you...You're alright, Golden Daze!"

This sudden outburst alerted more than a few spectators that had originally been satisfied with having their things autographed by other racers. What sort of creature was making all that noise? Curious, more than a few ponies made their way towards Golden Daze's line, including a few that broke off from the winner's line. Not only was this Golden Daze a true sport and sticking around even if she did not win the race, she was apparently helping a sad little cat creature! What a hero!

The line for Golden quickly doubled, and this did not seem to bother Thrilly one bit. Once things settled down, the cat made her way towards the pony, "I was thinking of maybe trying out the little restaurant they have in my hotel....Since they get a lot of non-pony guests, they have n assortment of fish to try at the buffet....We're talking salmon, tuna, trout, cod and mackerel!", there was a heavy 'purr' to her words as she spoke. "I'm staying at the Canterlot Hotel!"

Golden Daze would probably know that this was one of the fancier hotels in the capitol.

Spoiler

Cucvwzr.png?1

• Like 1

UPdV9wI.png?1

Daze was happy the kitty accepted her request. Her little smirk formed on the pony's face as she let out a small chuckle. "Hey, if I'm alright, you're pretty cool yourself." She was excited to hangout with a different creature other than a pony. More diversity of friends could make Daze more open to different possibilities. The more the merrier. Ponies were supposed to be open to more friendships, right? Daze was never one to shoot down anypony, or creature, who was different. Daze was too curious to let down anything new, to an extent. Nothing that freaked her out though. 

As Thrilly made her cute little happy noises, Daze found that more ponies were forming in her line. Her line was longer than first place's now, making Daze kind of satisfied. At first she didn't think she deserved all this praise, but now she was just getting attention. Attention was good. More fans, more publicity. No harm, no foul. So, Daze started hamming down on some autographs, fulfilling the needs of ponies who wished to get the golden mare's signature. Daze began to feel a little bad though, hoping Thrilly didn't feel left behind. Truthfully, Daze couldn't stop thinking about hanging out with her. 

As less and less ponies became more satisfied with their autographs, the line finally began to shorten at a quicker pace. The day was still young though, thankfully. Enough time to hangout with her new friend. Were they friends? Sure, why wouldn't they be? They knew each other by name, and were about to hangout like good 'ol pals.

The Pegasus leaned her eyes towards the cat, who was making her way towards her direction. The cat said something about getting some grub, which made Daze's stomach growl. Right on que. "Fish? That's an odd serving," the mare responded, signing a few more autographs until there was none left. "I've never actually heard of a pony eating fish. Is that a normal Cantorlot thing?" The mare thought for a minute, thinking about this weird food. Do ponies eat fish? What other creature eats fish? "We'll definitely go though. I want 'ya to have the best experience here. I'm sure they'll have some salad for me or something." 

Thrilly added the part about her hotel, making Daze's eyes open wide. "Wo-ah, holy Celestia. How'd you book a room there?" Her voice cracked as she spoke, her gruff voice in shock. "You must be somethin' special, Thrill. I haven't met any creature worthy of holdin' a room there. That place is fan-cy!"

JHKiBw7.png?1

While Golden Daze worked on signing photos, banners, trading cards, pamphlets and other items, Thrilly tried her very best to pass the time. She enjoyed watching a few flyers who were giving quick ‘mini-shows’ for their special fans. There was also a really cool lady bug who amused the feline as she bounced up and down on an dandelion that had grown through a crack in the sidewalk. She was later slightly surprised when a few ponies who finished up with her now favorite flyer even asked the little cat for her signature as well. Apparently they had recognized the aerial acrobatic from one of her shows. Due to her recent ‘spectator injury’, she was unable to perform a quick trick for a filly, but was happy to pose for a few pictures.

After exhausting all of her options, Thrilly decided to curl up into a little ball and take another quick catnap under a nearby tree. This lasted until the Pegasus pony had finished up her last signing. She was already at the mare's side the moment she had put down her quill.

"Well, some bigger animals really like fish, but if you're talking about people....Erm.", She pondered this, "There's griffons, hippogriffs...We have an dancer named the 'Sisters Three' who is a Chimera. Miss Medusa, who is the tiger...erm...part...She likes fish...While her sister, Cleo...The goat bit likes pony food, and Snakespeare who is the snake usually just eats eggs or bugs. Yuck." Thrilly had heard the trio all shared the same stomach. While she enjoyed the sister's company, she did not like to watch them eat.

Once the pair found themselves at the rather fancy hotel, the cat lead Daze through a hallway that lead them to an elevator. Once inside, she responded to the mare question. "Our traveling circus is owned by Mister Whinny, who owns both the Whinnyland theme park in Coltafornia and a series of hotels all over Equestria, including this one. And since we all work for the same company, my fellow cirkies get into his parks and hotels for free...Just not on black-out days...And they limit your days of stay and at what hotel you can visit.." This was starting to be a rather long ride. "Since I had no plans to hang around my room, I asked for the most basic of rooms, but I ended up with this..."

The door opened to reveal another hallway, which was far fancier than the previous. Wondrous paintings hung from the walls and marble statues could be seen, along with a few fountains. A young mare entertained a group of well dressed unicorns with her harp. These were the 'Celestia Suites'. "Yeah, it's a bit much.", the cat grinned as they walked. This went on for a few moments until the cat came to a sudden stop. "Here we are..", she pulled out an solid gold, gem covered key from her sash and started to unlock her door...
  • Like 1

UPdV9wI.png?1

"Yuck, bugs? I've never heard anypony eat bugs," Daze responded, thinking about what a crunchy one would taste like. "But a Chimera, huh? I've heard a little 'bout those creatures. They're kinda cool, actually. I'm guessing they can't taste the food the other one is eating, but what if the food they eat hurts their stomach? Would one have to change their diet?" Daze was overthinking this whole Chimera thing. The knew literally nothing about them, but they made her more curious. "I definitely wanna meet them someday."

Daze found herself standing in a very fancy hotel, stuck in an elevator and waiting to make it to the hotel room. The walls were decorated in that Cantorlot flare, something Daze really enjoyed looking at. Not that she was a quote on quote 'fancy' pony by any means whatsoever, she just liked the design of them. They were pretty to stare at. Which made sense, because really famous ponies stay here. The golden Pegasus wasn't popular enough to be used to this kind of decoration. She was barely in Cantorlot at all since she moved to the outskirts of Ponyville and Cloudsdale. She knew her way around the city though fairly well. 

The Pegasus's ears twitched when she heard Thrilly speak again. "Well, aren't you a lucky duck. I'd die to get stuck here. But nah, I got stuck at that hotel across the street." She motioned her head across the street, even though they were in an elevator. "I can't really afford somethin' too fancy, but it get's the job done." After Daze said that, the elevator's doors opened and left the tall pony standing there in awe. "Celestia.." The pair moved out of the elevator, causing Daze to flutter into the air and stare at everything around them. 

The walls stood there, perfectly crisp and clean from anything remotely dirty. The shine from the light of the chandeliers above highlighted off the glowing walls, creating a gorgeous beam of light to follow all throughout the hallway. Daze could safely say she's never been able to see her reflection from the ground before, as it seemed to just be freshly swept and wiped clean. Beautiful marbled statues were places perfectly down the hallway, creating a nice feeling of fanciness and charm. Pictures were hung high on the walls, making sure the atmosphere itself seemed nice and comfortable. 

Daze looked at the cat, "Thrill, this place is so gorgeous. I can't keep my eyes off this stuff!" The kitty stopped, making Daze stop in the air as well. The cat turned the key and opened the door, creating a gust of wind to hit the duo in a dramatic, cliché fashion. Once the bright light from the room died down, Daze flew slowly inside, taking in everything brought to her. Then, she saw something dark and quick move in the corner of her eye...

• Like 1

TruObVn.png

"Yeah, I wasn't too keen on the idea of eating old worms and maggots...", she let out a shudder, "Although during my tour at the SBLOUNSKCHED! Candy Factory in Coltafornia, they mentioned that they use a very tiny bug to make red food coloring for certain candies, so there's probably a good chance you might have nibbled on a bug or two and not known it." Thrilly was a silly kitty. They were in probably what was the fanciest hotel in all of Equestria and she was talking about insects! Yeash! And even worse, she now had that dumb song in her head. '
'I've got nobody to hug,I'm such an ugly bug.'

"The Sisters are really sweet and their dancing is really popular...They do two shows...On in the early day and a later one only the older folk are allowed to see..Not sure what's so special about the other one..", the cat smiled as her new friend mentioned a desire to see the dancers, "Our show will be going through Equestria pretty soon...The circus managed to hire the very Ponyacci to get out clowns into shape and work out a few new routines...Our strong-guy managed to convince the higher ups to get his girl-friend to join his show...My brother and I finished working on a few routines of our own...One is really scary, but I think we got it down...Will have to send you and your friends and family tickets when we're near you.."

She -liked- the hotel they were in. She just didn't understand the need for it to be so fancy. Most guests didn't hang around the place for too long, and most were happy to sleep, wake up and leave to go to wherever they were supposed to go. "If you wan to save money, you're free to stay at the hotel here..There are two beds in my room and I'm not too keen to sleep by myself..", there was a slight bit of red under her eyes, "My brother was supposed to come with me to Canterlot, but things happened....eh-heh. Hope I don't sound weird."

After she pushed open the door and was met with both light and a bit of extra 'oomph' from the air-conditioner, Thrilly started to make her way towards one of the beds, oblivious to whatever might be in the room with them. "I probably should dress a little better for this place..It's not fancy, but I probably should wear something nicer than what I'm wearing now..", she muttered as she quickly removed her simple red wraps and placed them on the bed. "Erm.", she gaped. Something should have been within her claws. "I think my necklace must have fallen...maybe under the bed.", she scooted down and glanced under her bed. Not even a single bit of dust! Did she leave her necklace at the train? That would not be possible! Her grandmother had given her it to her...It was a silver necklace with a cute little bell. The cat could not lose an item as important as it! She had left it in her room before she left for the regional flight meeting.  So there was no way she left it at the train. It had to be here!

"I'm missing a necklace..If you see something silver-y on the floor with an bell attached...Just say...", There was a light panic in her voice. Would there be even more once the cat spotted whatever was quickly rushing around her room?
  • Like 1

UPdV9wI.png?1

"Well, good thing I don't really have a sweet tooth! Otherwise I'd probably be throwing up right now from the thought of eating nasty little red bugs. Blagh!" The bandaged mare responded, her nose scrunched up from disgust. She heard something about creatures finding new or better ways to create such bright colors for things like candy, but she never really looked into it. Not her type of stuff to be searching up.

The kitty went on about touring around Equestria, and Daze's eyes brightened up as her wings stretched out in excitement. "I'd really love to go see 'ya! I got a few partners I could bring." Daze's smirk was plastered on her face as they continued the conversation, bringing many different scenarios to her head. Imagining sitting up there in the stands, popcorn and cotton candy in her hooves, the bright array of colors shooting around the very talented group of circus performers... it was really dazzling to think about, speaking from wanting to go since she was a little filly. "Just let me know when that's happenin', and I'll be there for sure." 

Fast forward at the hotel room, Thrilly told Daze she could stay there if she wanted. "Wait, really, Thrill? You're being serious?" She couldn't possibly be serious. The idea of staying at this hotel for a couple days made her smile. She was gonna have to stay here for a week anyway, for the next meet. She could imagine telling all her competitors that she was staying in this hotel. Their faces would make Daze crack up. It was an honor to be there. The cat then went on about her brother not being there, and that she didn't wanna sleep alone. "Hey, I'll definitely take up on your offer then. After the amazing to-ur I'm gonna show 'ya, I'll grab my stuff." The Pegasus nodded her head at her words. "If you don't mind me asking, I'm kinda curious, what happened to your bro?" She then thought for a second. "You totally don't have to tell me." 

Once they were in the amazingly gorgeous room, and after Daze shot around, she took off her jacket and let her mane down from her ponytail. Her mane was messy, and covered over her eye just slightly, but it fit her style. "I don't really have anything fancy, so I'll probably walk around like this."

2z2t1b.gif

The mare fluttered into the air again, breathing in the fancy hotel air. Suddenly she noticed Thrilly starting to be more frantic, making Daze fly quickly over to her. "Silver thing with a bell.. got it." The mare searched the ground very slowly, trying to find something shiny. The floor was way too clean thought to miss something like that. 

Suddenly Daze heard a clink from behind her, making her whip around and spot a black cloak the shape of a very large pony standing there with something silver. It took a moment to realize what was happening, questions floating around her head. Her heart was pounding now, this was kinda scary. How did this pony get in here? "Yo, Thr-ill?" she slowly said as her raspy voice cracked. She needed to get the cat's attention. The shifty pony took in their place, and sprinted across the room and out the door in a second. "Hey! Get back here!"

• Like 1

"Wellll..", the cat could not help but grin just a little. "Before the P.T. Barn-Um Circus comes to town, we first hire some creatures to put up signs all over the town..So you know we're coming!", she gave the pony a wink, "And then when the time comes, and after the train is unloaded, there's a free parade where everyone can watch us ride through whatever is considered a 'main street'. There's lots of wagons with animals and clowns...Usually they have my brother and I on top of one of the wagons, and we'll do some simple tricks and moves...Like flips...And leaps...And ol' P.T. will be marching in the front while holding a megaphone thing and he'll be shouting about all the shows to get everyone all excited.", the cat hopped onto the bed and pretended to march...."Then everyone will follow us to where the circus had actually been already set up the previous night and once they purchased their tickets and assortment of food, it's entertainment time! Wooh!", she bounced into the air before quickly regretting it as her knee was still hurting. "Ouch!"

"We usually stay for at least a week...Depending on the agreement we have with the town...city..village or whatever.", she paused to massage her lightly injured bit. "And yeah. You're free to stay here...If you want...I really don't know anyone in Canterlot and my parents had convinced me to go...Even if nobody else was able to come along..", her fuzzy ears drooped down even lower. "As for my brother Achille...Well...." again with as sigh. "He was feeling rather cranky the other day when mom got extra naggy...But instead of doing what she said, he got really really snarky. And said something he probably should have not said. Which I can't repeat. Cause the words were really bad. Rhymes with Crumb Witch. Total neva forgive action. And my bro was super-grounded...And even my begging and fake tears didn't fix everything...Like usual."

"Since the season was over....My friends had all gone their separate ways...So I couldn't bring one of them along....And even the folks couldn't come...They convinced me that I should still go....Be refreshed...Get out...And also none of the tickets could be refunded. The train. The special hotel voucher. Nothing.... Thank goodness I ran into you..." she felt like she had started to sound just a tad needy. Hopefully Daze didn't mind...And zounds she was so dang adorable. And being the fuzzy type, she also could go au natural. But where the heck would she put her hotel key? Or her camera?

The madness with the cloaked stranger really put an end to their happy little day. "Seriously!", she growled at the thief. "It's not worth anything! Well, in bits, but in sentimental it's worth a million!" That probably was not the right word. But nerveless, she charged the sneak thief!

CeQOf4j.png?1

Unfortunately the thief had set up a trap for the young cat. A simple rope trap sent the fuzzy little creature up and into the ceiling. "WAAAGH!", she yelped. "Don't worry about me! Please catch that crook! I'll get myself down."

"And also turn off the ceiling fan before you leave....", she was not having a very good day.
  • Like 1

2zmhjj.gif

Daze was astonished, her heart racing, her breath taken away as Thrilly explained what happens before the circus. The Pegasus couldn't help but fly by Thrilly's side as the cat would get excited and show physically how certain things went. This was all too exciting. Daze also added, "Wow!" and "That sounds so epic!" as the kitty talked more about the amazing things they did. Daze was so fascinated by everything Thrilly was talking about, until the cat hurt herself accidently.

Daze rush over to her, opening her small mouth, "Careful there, Thrill. Don't get too carried away." The cat went on about Daze staying there. "Well I'm one pony you know in Cantorlot now! I'll be your room buddy. You won't be alone." Daze sat down on the bed next to Thrilly, starting to frown. "I'm sorry he was a little drama queen. It happens. Every creature will get over it, yeah? I sure think so." She looked away, staring at the shiny floor and the two's reflections. Daze was really staring at Thrilly from the freshly swept tile, as the cat kept talking. She said something about being lucky she ran into Daze, and that made Daze smile warmly. The mare looked at Thrilly, now grinning. "I'm glad I ran into you too."

Now the thief, who quite frankly ruined Daze's emotionally happy mood, was trying to steal something of Thrilly's. Then, the pony heard screaming. The mare whipped her entire body around to see Thrilly waving around in the air, trapped and unable to be free. "Wo-ah! Thrill!" The mare had to think fast, there wasn't much she could do. Either race to get the thief, or set free Thrilly from the ceiling. If Thrilly tried to get out herself, she would land straight on her head, and she was already hurt. The thief was getting away quick though, and Daze wouldn't decide which the better option was.

As Daze's mind was racing, she took a big deep breath. She was basically choosing her loyalty, or her stubbornness. Her loyalty being getting Thrilly down with no harm, and her stubborn nature being getting that precious necklace. Daze made her decision though, and flew right up next to Thrilly's paw and untied it, grabbing her and setting her down softly. "I'm sorry, I would've felt bad for leaving you." The mare sighed, hopefully not upsetting the cat. "What time we missed trying to untie you, I can make it up in speed." The mare then smirked, flying back into the air, grabbing the cat by the arms with her hooves, and zooming out and into the hallway where the thief had vanished off to. The thief's cloak was seen vanishing from the corner of the wall, making Daze's grip get tighter on the cat as she raced after him.

The trio of the chase made it outside, as the thief was running faster and down the Cantorlot streets. Daze set Thrilly down, looking ahead to watch where the thief goes. "C'mon, Thrill, we got a thief to catch!"

TruObVn.png?1

The cat was already doing a rather decent job at swinging herself up...Just one more try and she could reach the rope and untie it and then....That part would come.. Oh. Quicker.

She was quickly untied and let down rather softly thanks to her new friend. "Oh, thanks.." she managed to blush even harder. While she would have been able to reach her rope and even untie herself as it was rather similar to an old trick she learned a few years ago, she did not dare mention this. Even the fall would have been nothing as her kind always land on their feet.

Her keys! She quickly grabbed them, along with an rather convenient stretchy key-chain and coin purse combo that fit around her arm. And while she could run rather fast on four like a pony, there was no way she could move like the mare. "If you can get close....Maybe I could leap at our thief and tackle him!" She was nowhere near as quick as the Pegasus pony, but the combination of the pony's speed, plus the cat's incredible leaping abilities would be more than a match for their necklace thief! Still maybe others could help.

"STOP!", she called out. "Thief! Thief!", maybe somepony could get in the way, or even a nearby member of the local police or guard. The shout alone might be enough to startle their running rogue into doing something foolish.
  • Like 1

308cwg.gif

"If you leap onto him, you could fall. You can't get hurt again, you have a busted leg," Daze said to the cat as they zoomed down the street to chase the culprit. Ponies everywhere were staring at the commotion, but not in fear, just in 'why are these little town folk being so dramatic'. This stuff probably happened all the time, was nothing new to these city ponies. No one was even screaming for help, just the two trying to get this crook. 

Daze was at her top speed, well, with a cat on her back who was actually really light. The thief was still ahead though, knocking over objects to try and slow down Daze. She dodged all the ones she could, some of them though knocked her back a little. Daze found herself in a tight street in an alleyway. It was dark and covered in trash cans and homeless cats, the stereotypical stuff. The Pegasus finally caught up close to the thief though. "Okay, Thrill, I think you can safely get him now! Hurry!" As if that sentence was on que, the thief knocked over a single trash can that went flying into the air. The can hit Daze on the side, knocking her and Thrilly onto the ground. 

Everything went black for a second, as the trash dumped on the two like a kids cartoon. Daze slowly got up, rubbing her head then shaking it violently. After she recognized her surroundings, the mare slowly got up and looked around. "Thrill.." She looked down to see the cat laying there. "Woah! Hey, Thrill?! You okay?" She brought the cat up using her hooves. "I think he got away- He got away!" The mare then flew into the air, zipping around the alleyway to find the crook. "Oh, Celestia." 

Daze seemed defeated, landing on the ground and lowering her head. "I'm sorry, Thrill. I don't know where this guy went off to." She sighed. "I don't know what motivates these stupid ponies who think it's perfectly fine to break into pony's houses. Like it's not cool. How would they feel if I did the same to them?" Daze had a big grouchy face on, furious that she lost the thief. "We need to find this punk, fast. I feel so bad." 

xasg0IE.png

Oh right, her dumb knee was still hurting. How embarrassing! The cat that mastered the dreaded 'Deadly Leap' or triple somersault before her tenth birthday was now some helpless kitty riding on the back of a pony.

Still, this felt kind of fun. She was actually flying! No trapeze required. Wow! She believed she could fly! Even touch the sky, and here comes an garbage can. Oh fuzz.

The whole thing about 'cats always landing on their feet' might be an old mare's tale, or it could counted for those cats who had four feet. Thrilly only had two, and while she was able to break her own fall by simply curling up into a fuzzy little ball and roll out of the impact. When she opened her eyes, she found herself staring directly at a feral cat. For some reason, she always felt rather uncomfortable with 'normal' cats. They always smelled kind of funny and....they licked themselves clean. Yuck.

She only had a moment to think before she was snatched up again. "I'm mostly fine....I think I bruised my er, butt." Once they found themselves on solid ground once more, the embarrassed feline paused to make sure she didn't break anything. "Don't feel bad...You were incredible.", after she was sure there wasn't anything wrong back there, she gave her 'brave steed' a hug. "This thief probably saw me when I was being lead up to my room, as I had my necklace on..And since I was going to one of the fancier rooms, this crook probably I was super rich..And if I was super rich, that necklace was probably worth a ton...Which it's not...It's just super sentimental to me.."

With the trail lost, the cat slowly made her way towards a maintenance hole...Its cover appeared to be slightly open..."Oh fuzz.", she groaned. "I think our thief might have gone below..."
  • Like 1

30c4ja.gif

Daze helped up Thrilly, immediately going behind the cat to look at her behind. Daze didn't realize how weird the idea was, she was too keen on making sure her furry friend was okay. "Your butt okay, then?" she asked caringly, looking around for something soft for Thrilly to sit on. They were in an alleyway though, of course there was nothing. Just dusty old trash cans and feral cats. Ha, feral cats. How weird for Daze to think about now, because she's friends with an anthropomorphic one. That's a really funny thought. 

Anyways, the bandaged pony flew back into the air, looking around once again to get a good look at everything. "I'm gonna feel bad, Thrill. I just wanna get your necklace," she responded, sounding a little desperate. "And thanks, your landing was pretty incredible. You'd be dead without all your circus moves." The gold mare was then met with a big furry hug, to which Daze responded with a hug back. The hug was really nice, sort of a brain break to just try and think and relax for a second. Just admiring each other's company, in the most platonic way.

Daze then let go of Thrilly. "I mean, that would make the most sense. The dude most likely fell for all the glitz and glam, and thought, 'Yo yo yo, Imma steal from this cat 'cause she seems super rich,'" the Pegasus mocked, her voice incredibly deepened to try and match the thief's voice. "I know this thing means a lot to you, that's why I care so much in getting it back." 

Daze watched as Thrilly did some searching, and when the cat found something, Daze was over in two seconds. "Huh, what a smart dude." She lifted the lid of the hole and pulled it back, revealing the opening of whatever was below. "We gotta give this a shot. He could very well be down there." The mare started to crawl down very slowly, finding a ladder just on the side of it. "I don't know how deep this is, but hopefully there's some sort of light. I can't see anything." Daze was nervous to go down the hole, actually. She's never done this before in her life. If they got hurt, she would have no idea what to do. Her mind was going wild with the different scenarios.  

TruObVn.png?1

Thrilly really thought things should have gone the other way. She had planned to enjoy the air-show. This she missed. She hoped to experience the best Canterlot had to offer her. But now she was heading into the sewers. Ugh.

“For whatever reason you have Daze..If you want to give up on finding my necklace...Just ask.”, she glanced over at the Pegasus pony with a smile, “I won’t mind...You’ve done so much for me...” She let out a chuckle at the mare’s ‘super rich’ comment. Considering she was being lead by a small army of bellhops while wearing her little stretch top and sandals....Maybe the thief thought she was one of those eccentric rich types. “I don’t see him getting much out of an little silver necklace with a bell....”, that might be his downfall, as the cat’s very sensitive ears could pick up the ringing sound it would make.

“I can see in the darkness.”, the cat slowly made her way down the ladder.. “And if he Is near, I probably will also hear the bell..And still.”, she whispered, “Oooh...This is handy!”, There was an helmet topped with an small glowing white orb that hung from the wall. This was most likely to help a sewer work get about the darken sewers. Apparently there had been a second, but that had been most likely snatched up by their thief.  “Here, put this on...It will help you see!”, she handed over the helmet. The poor pony might end up with helmet hair, but she would at least know where she was going...

“Now we just need to know where to go...”, there was a path going left and one going right. Which one would they pick?

30ojfm.gif

The Pegasus shook her head, looking back at Thrilly with a friendly smile. "Trust me, Thrill. We're gettin' this thing back. I'm not stopping until we get this back." Daze was too stubborn for her own good. Even if they never found the necklace, or got it back, she'd never forgive herself. She probably, secretly, wouldn't stop looking for it either on the off chance. She'd feel way too guilty if Thrilly never got her precious necklace back. It was worth too much for her. 

"I don't hear anything." She listened again, stepping onto the wet ground with her hooves. "I still think he thinks you're rich," the mare laughed, looking up at the cat, then back down the sewer's long hallway. Or what seemed like a hallway. It seemed long, and dark, and the only thing the Pegasus could hear was drips of whatever liquid was falling down. The cat said she could see it, making Daze respond by turning her head and squeezing her eyes to see more farther down. "Dude, I seriously can't see a thing down here." The Pegasus squinted harder. 

Daze looked at Thrilly, as the only light coming in was the sewer's top. Then something else caught the mare's golden eyes. "Oh- Thanks, bud." She took the helmet and put it on, looking around to see down the sketchy sewer. "I can definitely see now. How do I look?" she faced Thrilly and gave her a big smile, showing off her new helmet. "Looks good on me, huh?" Daze laughed at her own stupidity, or dorky-ness, and started walking down the long hall.

Soon they were forced to make a choice of picking the right paths. "I don't know, use your super kitty powers and listen to it." She laughed at her own joke, poking fun at this actually nerve-racking situation. The bandaged Pegasus was getting the chills. She really didn't know where they were going. "Maybe we could flip a coin?" She went towards the left path, using her light to shine down it. Then she trotted over to the right path, shining the light down there. "You see anything that I don't see?" 

JHKiBw7.png?1

“Our thief must really think my necklace is something special to go through all this.”, normally, a thief would simply toss away his prize when it wasn’t deemed to be ‘worth it’, if his victims were this persistent. This would allow the horrible ne'er-do-well to get away while the others look for their item. Oh, if he dared to toss her grandmother’s necklace into the sewer. That would be horrible! She decided not to think of such things. The crook had it in his little white bag. Probably marked with an Canterlot  Bit symbol.

Thrilly smiled back at the adorable pony as she posed with her new helmet. “You look like you’re ready to go crawling through a nasty old sewer like a pro.”, she glanced down at the ground. If she had planned to visiting the famous Canterlot underground, she would have at least brought some boots. Oh, how she hated how her big feline nose could pick up every single scent down here. And from where she was standing, she was pretty sure they were not that far from an Mexicolt restaurant.

“If I were you, I’d try my best to not get wet.”, she muttered as she checked for clues. “You sure have a lot of bandages on and if you get any nasty water in there....Oooh...” speaking of nasty, there was a bit of cloth....red cloth...Attached to the side of a rusty pipe...And an dent.. “I think our thief must have slipped into this pipe..Or maybe even clipped it and got snagged on this rusty pipe....nail...hatch thing...” No coin needed!

“Let’s go this way!”, she pointed to one direction and quickly made her way down into the darkness.....
  • Like 1

312vds.gif

"Just keep a positive outlook on this situation, Thrill. We can't afford a freak out here," Daze said, looking around the surrounding darkness. Her heart was racing. "Maybe I'm mainly talking to myself." She probably was, Daze was getting really scared from the darkness. What if a big monster comes up out of no where and eats them? What if they got stuck down there forever? What if they get hungry and couldn't find any food and die from starvation? They lived in Equestria, anything could happen. Or the golden Pegasus was overthinking things. 

After striking her ever so elegant pose, Daze laughed at Thrilly's response. "Oh yeah, I'm gonna get down and dirty, mate." The mare grinned, showing off her bright white teeth. She then started taking the lead on this odd adventure, as the light from her helmet brightened up a great deal of area. There wasn't much to look at down there, but it didn't freak the little Pegasus out too much. As long as she was stuck with her kitty friend, everything would be alright. 

Hopefully. 

Getting deeper into the sewer, the wetter it got. Daze was trying her hardest to not get her band-aids wet. If they got soaked, her injuries underneath would probably get coated with nasty poopy sewer water, and the thought of that made the pony want to hurl. "I know, bud. I'm trying not to get anyth-" she paused as Thrilly found something. A red cloth. "Good catch, Thrill!" She looked at the pipe as it was dented. "Or pipe."

The mare trotted over to her furry friend, excited to finally know where this thief went. "I'm following you this time, Thrill. You got the brains and I got the speed." Daze flew up and patted the cat's head gently, smiling at her. Daze's ears twitched as she heard a very loud bang from ahead of them, making Daze land immediately on the ground. She shined her light towards the noise, not seeing anything, until she heard something fast coming towards them. It was making splashing noises, like it was picking up things as it came through. "Uh- Thrilly?" As the water came by, Daze's only reaction was to fly into the air and grab Thrilly up with her so they wouldn't get caught in the current.

But where did this water come from?..

• Like 1