The Unlikely Cirmumstances (Closed: tacobob) Completed!

GoldenDaze

Both the cat and dragon gasped at the same time. “Really? You missed the best ride in the whole park. Even better than ‘Nightmare Moon Mountain.”, Knife added. “And this nerd-talk, I’m gonna be the best at this as I have my parents as role-models. While you two probably have cool parents.”, she nodded at the cat, “Your folks are high flying trapeze artists, and your parents.”, she turned to the Pegasus pony, “Not sure what your parents are, but they have to be cool to have had you.”

While the comic gave one group point total, there were side scores for each players. If the group won with a high score, they would get a prize, and the player with the most points would get a BONUS prize.

Once the threesome were ready, they slowly made their way into the fist page of the comic. Would they survive?

WgOBoP5.png?1

The group were standing near a large mansion. It was rather late in the evening and the wind started to pick up and within moments, a rather nasty storm started.

“Ah cra....I mean, Oh no!”. it took the cat a moment to get into character. “That storm is going to ruin my pretty dress! We better see if someone’s home and maybe they’ll let us stay until it all blows over.” it was very hard to talk the way she did, but she managed without breaking into giggles.

‘Bratty’ was having none of that. “Ah shucks!”, she growled, “I an’t afraid of no storm! Lemme at ‘em!”, she started to swing her fists around, hoping to punch the rain. “Take that! And that!”. While Bratty was brave, for every rain drop she punched away, five more would take its place!

“Golly!”, the cat whined, “What are we going to d-d-do?” Both were already doing a fine job and points were probably already coming their way. Bratty was ‘fighting’ the rain, and Boopsy was looking up at the rain, with her mouth open in shock. Even with the house being just a few feet away. They could just walk, but the pair needed to be useless. And unless Golly did something, the pair probably were going to either drown, get hit by lightening, or both!
  • Like 1

Daze smiled at the duo, rolling her eyes. "Look, dude..ettes, me  and my sister were hella little. Like, it was just after my sudden power surge to fly around like a bug and annoy my parents." The golden Pegasus was a really cute baby, and really pretty. Her mane stuck out like a sore thumb with her family, but her and her sister had a little resemblance. Not really now, but their appearance as foals was only slightly different. 

3gkyyy.gif

Okay.. maybe they didn't look too much alike, but they still looked like twins. Fraternal twins. Not identical. Either way, Daze was a super cute foal. 

The athlete smiled when she said her parents were probably pretty cool. "I guess you can say that." The mare shrugged, thinking about her family. "One does pest control, and the other is a makeup artist. My dad is incredibly loyal though, my mom on the other hoof.." Daze drifted off, thinking for a second. "She's.. something." 

3gkzvo.gif

Fast forward, the trio was in the comic. It was rainy, dark, and kind of cold, but Daze's stereotypical boy-ish outfit kept her warm. The other two seemed to be in character, which meant Daze had to start being in character as well. Her two friends were playing their roles perfect two, she was surprised they weren't actors. Then again, their characters kind of fit their original personalities. Maybe not Thrilly as much, but Knife's was kind of spot on. "Wow! That storm is quite powerful!" She mocked what her idea was as a 'boy voice', but her raspy tone already kind of fit the teenager type. "C'mon now! Let's get goin' to that mansion over there to get out of this storm!" The Pegasus quickly grabbed her 'little brother', and motioned to 'Boopsy' to start running out of the rain. Right then, ironically, lightening struck where they were just standing. 

'Golly' made it to the front to the house without thinking twice, bravely and swiftly knocking on the large doors that towered over them. 'He' didn't even think about the scary look of the house, though on the inside, the real Pegasus was kind of really nervous. She couldn't be nervous though, that wouldn't be her character. So she sucked in her anxiety and knocked on the door even harder. "Hello? Anypony in there?" Suddenly, the big doors opened just slightly, and Golly just looked behind him to look at the other two. He cocked his eyebrow, smirking at them confidently. "Guess it's open to explore!"

This character thing was seeming to be way more fun than Daze thought. So, she forced the two into the darkly lit mansion. "Gosh! It's kinda dark in here. Let's look for some lights." Golly flew into the air, searching for lights across the spider-webbed covered walls. He blindly searched for some sort of candle or for some matches, soon touching something quite.. different. Something he raised an eyebrow at. The large, pudgy thing could only be seen in an outline from an open window, and once another strike of lightening lit up the room, Golly was taken a back, but from curiosity. The creature seemed to be alive.. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

“That mansion?”, Still hurting from her name and the rather small, tight shoes she was forced with, the cat managed a perfect whine, “That sure looks spooky and it’s probably filled with g-g-ghosts!”, she shivered. “I think we should head back home before the spooky spirits get their mitts on us!” Unfortunately for ‘Boopsy’, the world of the comic book only went as far as the haunted house and the surrounding trees around it. Go to far, and one would hit an 'invisible wall'.

"Ah shucks! No ghost is a match for my 'Big Brudder'.", Knife continued to be surprisingly good at this. "If they try picking a fight with Golly, he'll give 'em such a whooping!", just as she started another round of shadow-boxing, lightening seemed to come very close to striking the little dragon. This was the comic's 'friendly' way of telling the group to move on. There were others waiting in line. "Lets move on...shall we...", the dragon squeaked out losing her bravado and a few points, for just a moment.

The two quickly caught up with their brave 'leader' at the door. Before the fearful feline could utter another word, the doors opened by themselves! "Jinkies!", Boopsy uttered. This would probably be a good time to enter the house. Like now. Golly made sure they quickly entered the place without any further delay.

b4oP58U.jpg?1

Once the three had entered, the doors quickly slammed back into place, causing the cat to promptly faint. With the next strike of lightening, candles on an overheard chandelier, along with an few sconces, all light up at once. Now they all could get a good look at the 'creature'.

"Dwaah.", the little dragon groaned, "It's just an old broken gargoyle.", she paused to wake the downed cat who fainted upon seeing the creepy stone statue. It appeared to have been broken off. Small stones could be seen leading into one of the larger, wooden doors. Would they DARE follow them?
  • Like 1

3hmxwe.gif

I was listening to this as I was writing, it kind of set the tone: Click here to listen.

The lights all lit up at once, creating a dark eerie feeling in the huge mansion. Though it was easier to see, it still didn't cover the darkening, mysterious halls down the hallway. The Pegasus tried not to pay attention to that, as her anxiety would spike. She was an overthinker, and that could cause problems in this story, just from her character alone. She had to be brave and reckless, no thinking aloud. That was going to be hard, but it was all about getting the most points and getting through this story without a hustle, right?

As she, or 'he' felt a thump behind him, he looked at the broken off statue. It looked newer, but old at the same time. It seemed to be aging well, if it wasn't broken. "Psh- just a dumb 'ol gargoyle. As if that could scare me," she said, letting out a brave snicker and turning around to face her companions. Boopsy was still on the ground, and Golly rolled his eyes. "C'mon now! I wanna find our room or something, and maybe some food. I need something to fill up my tummy!" He flew over to the cat, gently lifting her up with his hoof as he stayed afloat. Once he landed, he stepped on a broken piece of stone. 

The mare- or- stallion? Looked down, kicking the stone off of him. It didn't break any skin, but it hurt a little. Golly let out a huff, flinging the stone towards some stairs. The Pegasus's golden eyes followed where the stone landed, which was next to the stairs and at these huge wooden doors. He tilted his head in curiosity, taking no time to gain the courage to fly closer to the doors. 

He pointed his head towards the doors when he looked back again, mouthing a "C'mon now." He appeared closer to the doors, and in one swift motion he pushed the doors out. They slowly opened with a loud screech, making Golly cringe a little. Then he looked on, seeing little to no light. They only thing he could see was the stone path. "Okay guys, let's check out this funny business. And maybe find a nice meal." He rubbed his tummy, then flew into the room, which seemed rather gigantic. Daze was doing a good job mocking a male's voice, since her's was already deep and raspy. This adventure was kinda fun too, but her little heart couldn't help but beat faster. She had to stay calm.. 

The Pegasus's eyes tried to focus on the darkness, as another flash of lightening popped through the windows for some light. Then candles lit up. He just let out a solid huff, letting a "psht" escape his mouth. This stuff was no match for Golly! "You guys see anything funky?"

• Like 1

The feline cracked open her right eye to see what this ‘gargoyle’ was before she quickly switched back into character. Weird. That didn’t look like the gargoyle she saw at her circus. That statue was a creep, squat little goblin like creature with wings. The real one was a slender, shapely beauty that performed an rather impressive routine known simply as ‘sky ballet.’ As she stayed in ‘faint’ mode, she pondered why it was so rare to see them in Equestria. Maybe the squat gargoyle carvers scared them away?

The dragon shrugged her shoulders. Didn’t they just have a big meal? And would the pretend food from this pretend world actually fill them up? Magic was weird. She wasn’t really a pro when it came to magic. She could barely understand it. She was not really in a old mansion. She wasn’t even wearing these clothes. But she could feel the floor through her shoes and felt the clothing on her scales. If they decided to search through the fridge of this house that probably hadn’t had any living residents in decades and found food, would it be good? Probably not? Unlike jewels which could last forever, pony food had a rather short shelf-life. Still, she would have to avoid gobbling any imaginary gems as that was something her pony character would not do. And if you go against character, you loose points.

What sounded like a stone being kicked awoke the little dragon from her daze. “Ah sure big brudda.” A rather devious idea popped up in the little creature’s little brain. “I’m sure your yecky girl-friend” She was playing a young colt. Young colts usually hate girls. Especially those who wasted time with their dumb hippy pony nonsense and could probably spend more time with their loving daughter who is getting a little tired of being left to fend for herself.  Whoops.

“Should be awake to see this....And since you’re always calling her yer princess, why doncha wake her up like one?” There was something behind the dragon that could be considered funky. Was it an phantom? A funky phantom? Would she see it in time? Who could it be? In moments it got closer to the three......The creature appeared closer with every flash of lightening and sound of thunder until it appeared right behind Bratty.

Spoiler

72KGZs6.png?1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Golly searched around the rather creepy room, right after asking his question. Though the candle lights were present, he still couldn't see very well with his bright golden eyes. Maybe his eyes glowed more than the candles did. He'd never know, he couldn't see his own face. But instead of thinking of that, he looked for some more weirdo clues. He couldn't tell what kind of room this was, but there seemed to be a lot of furniture from all the dark shadows. 

The mare- stallion, perked up when he heard his little brother speak, but instead of smiling, he blushed nervously. More like, Daze blushed nervously. What was this devious little dragon planning? Golly turned around, giving on a fake smile. "If you say so, little bro. Though, maybe it'll be not so.. age appropriate for you to watch." That statement should buy some time for the Pegasus, as he flew closer to his girlfriend. Maybe that would freak his little brother out, since, of course, little boys don't like seeing nasty things like that. Boopsy was still 'passed out', which looked rather dramatic. Golly couldn't help but snicker at this point. He had to hold it in though, or else he would end up breaking character.

He looked up, seeing the little dragon smirking, as the athletic pony hovered over Boopsy. Then, he spotted something rather funky.. 

3jk4gn.gif

A large, black shadow casted over the trio, making Daze's actual eyes grow smaller. Her heart starting racing, and she could feel her face turn a deep red. Just then, the lightening flashed, and the freakiest face lit up. "Holy shi-," the pony muttered, not finishing that last word as her teeth couldn't sound out the last letter. Then her character's brain came back, as she realized she had to stay in character, or else she'd lose. She hated losing. 

She took in a whole bunch of air, calming her intense anxiety and thinking fast. "Bratty! Look out!" The brave brother dove for the dragon, picking the little creature up and tossing him behind his body. Another flash of lightening zapped the room, making the shadow monster to come closer. Golly then lifted his feline friend off from the ground, and placed her next to Bratty. Landing on the ground now, he stretched his wings out bravely and looked right at the monster with no hesitation. 

His eyes were fierce, as he gave a smirk to the monster, who came a step closer. "One more step and I'll show you somethin' you'll regret!" Another flash of lightening gave away the terrifying face that made goosebumps on Golly's body. He was ready to pounce at the thing, giving it a cocky look.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

“Hey!”, Bratty yelped, “Put me down! Put me down! There’s something out there that needs a whooping....And”, The little dragon got a good look at what was coming after them. Since she was a dragon, she did not know who ‘Nightmare Moon’ was and that crazy looking mare looked more like Princess Luna. She would probably realize that this was probably an more recent addition to the ‘book’ by somepony who did not appreciate the youngest of the Alicorn sisters. "Maybe I''ll stay put for a moment."

This Alicorn sister was now standing over Golly. She appeared to be twice as large as the real Luna and far scarier.

goUWO1f.png
                          She hissed as drool fell from her fangs.
IDJxoLR.png

Just as the large creature was about to chow down on some fresh and tasty ‘Golly’, two sets of hands reached over and pulled the Pegasus pony away just in the nick of time!

“Come on Golly!”, for the first time, the feline was actually really scared and not pretending. “We need to find some space between us and that monster...Could have sworn I saw a pair of strong double doors nearby. Those could be the elevator.” The cat might have lost a few points, but she wasn't going to see her pal get munched on by some maniac mare!

WHAT WOULD GOLLY DO?

Would He run with his friends or confront the evil Luna?
  • Like 2

3sql7a.gif

Golly felt his little brother wiggle in his hooves as he grabbed him up, not thinking twice of his sudden brave action to save him from the horrible monster in their path. The Pegasus put him down, away from the monster, hopefully creating a safer distance between them. Daze was scared for her life, her anxiety was so high at this moment she felt like she was going to pass out, but that wasn't the character she was playing. Her character was brave and strong and didn't care what was in his path. The only thought in her head was that she was dead yet, and neither was her character. She was doing just fine. 

Golly found himself face to face with the monster, who looked just like Princess Luna. Maybe she was scarier though. Not even a maybe, she was scarier than Luna. This was a nightmare fuel Luna, a Luna Daze never thought she'd ever see. The monster spoke so loudly, the Pegasus's ears fell flat, and his pupils became the size of a pea. He was frozen in place, not being able to move a single inch. This was what true terror felt like, and he was finally facing it. 

As the monster was about to chow down on some Pegasus skin, something came up and scooped the pony right off of his hooves. He turned to see the familiar cat that he needed to see. He became more relaxed. "You have to take Bratty to those doors fast, I'll hold off the monster. I don't think we're fast enough to catch some distance," he said with a shaky voice, looking at her with a serious look. "Go! Go! Go!"

Golly nodded them off, not taking any arguments and turning his back towards them. He was staring directly at the Luna monster. He took a braver stance, trying to gain his confidence back. "If you really think you're going to get to my girlfriend and brother, you're sadly mistaken, you- you- thi-ng!" He opened his wings wide, not letting his fear take ahold of him. This is what Golly would do, right?

Right?

He flew into the air with a strong flap, sweeping himself through the room and around the monster in one fast motion. He grabbed an old certain with his mouth, letting it drag heavily onto the ground. Without one thought, he whipped the certain on top of the monster for a second, letting the certain drape on it's face to cover up it's sight. He let go of it, then let out a laugh, "Ha! Gotcha now!" The tan Pegasus then flew out of the room and tried to catch up with the other two, trying to buy the time to get them into a safe area. 

Hopefully they were okay.

• Like 1

Thankfully the monster was nowhere near as clever the good Princess.  While she had the ability to speak, she was more beast than pony. Her mane did not flow, but instead her head was topped with a bushy nest of blue hair. Her wings also did not appear to work very well. One would assume her abilities were toned down for lesser skilled players. The monster just about threw herself into the curtains as the clever and swift 'Golly' set up his trap.

Once stuck in her trap, the fake Luna gave an rather un-royal roar. This gave the heroic Pegasus time to catch up with his slower companions.

"Golly, that sure was some fast thinking!", his 'brother' responded as they arrived at the foyer. Two sets of double-doors and one single door. These were probably the elevator doors the others had spoken about. Why an ancient old mansion would have such a thing probably was best left unconsidered. They had walked by these doors before when they had first entered the building.

"We better get a moving! That s-s-s-scary monster has us on her dinner menu!", Boopsy Belle quickly made her way towards one of the doors. "Oh No!", she gasped, "There's no buttons to push! How do we get inside?"

Bratty tried his best to find something to push on the other door. No luck. The single door just didn't work. It was just an fake door over a wall. The other noted the torches actually had real fire in then, not like the real ride did.

A second roar could be heard. She was getting closer. What would they do? 'Golly' could see via the corner of his eye. Down the hallway, this 'Luna' was still stuck in her curtain prison but was getting closer..

What would they do?

zg1A50C.png?1
  • Like 1

3tr5hr.gif

The roar of the monster made 'Golly' grimace in fear as he gained enough quick speed to catch the other two, who seemed to be a little lost on where to go. He ended up going to fast, a trail of colors followed behind him, which could lead the monster to where they were at. His hat also ended up flying off too, but he didn't seem to notice.

The monster didn't seem all too smart, as all it did for a few seconds was roar in a frustrated manor. Though the Luna impostor seemed to be farther away, it was a matter of time till it was set free from the Pegasus's trap. Then the trio would be in bigger trouble. They all had to think fast, but it seemed as since Daze was the 'main protagonist', she would have to make the quick-witted decisions. As 'he' arrived at the foyer, his 'little brother' congratulated him. "You kinda have to think of somethin' fast to y'know, not get kill-ed." Another roar rang across the walls. "Like right now!"

Two sets of double doors were presented in front of them, making Golly's brain hurt. Another door was there too, but there was no way in opening it. "How it nothing working? Just our dang luck!" The Luna monster was inching closer, as he could see in the corner of his golden eyes. He watched as Boopsy and Bratty tried their hardest to open the doors. He was thinking so hard, but he had to think faster. 

Then the idea hit him. 

The fire was real. 

Suddenly, the Pegasus whistled for the monster, making it perk up a little. Though it couldn't see them from the certain, Golly was sure the sound would make it easier for it to come to them. This was part of the plan, though. Was it incredibly reckless? Of course it was, but this had to work. So, after he went and picked up Bratty and whispered, "Hold the torch, make sure the monster can see the light. I'm gonna try and make the monster bust open the doors. And Boopsy, you stay to the side." Golly set down the little dragon then whistled to the monster again. "Over here, stupid! Catch us if you can!" 

The monster followed his voice, roaring in anger. Hopefully spotting the light from the fire, the Pegasus bravely flew ahead of it, high enough for the fire to still be seen. "C'mon slow poke! Try and catch us!" Then something unexpected happened. The hat that Golly lost ended up getting in the monsters way, as the blind Luna couldn't see it. It ended up slipping on it, diving forward and at one of the double doors. 

Golly dove out of the way, realizing the fire was still being held. "Bratty look out!"

What would happen next?

• Like 1

Poor Bratty and  Boopsy, were confined to their rolls as the comedy relief and the 'girl'.  While neither rolls were prone to having smarts or talent, there was one these sorts of characters usually had, and that was dumb luck. Normally this would be useful, but for the most part these little events were ill timed and did more harm than good. Thankfully this was not always the case.

"Oh no.", Boopsy let out an yelp as she saw the monster-Luna come closer. So scared she was, the poor little kitty bonked her head on a panel and tumbled over. Her forehead managed to find just the right button to touch as something was starting to happen! With a rumbling noise, the large, wooden doors quickly opened up, knocking both of them aside. The blinded and now very clumsy monster-Luna who had been rushing towards all the noise the three made,  quickly made its way into the room, but instead of any sort of loud crashing noise, something interesting happened.

"Hokey smokes!", Bratty was pretty sure he said his catch-phrase. Or was it  Dy-No-Mite!? Shazbot? Whatever it was, the dragon turned pony poked his head into the room. He was followed by Boopsy, who slowly rubbed her head. "Ouch. Did someone get the number of that...oh.", she gasped. They were now staring at some sort of private study. Large bookshelves filled the room, along with a long wooden dusk. There was even a large mounted and preserved dragon head that hung over a old brick fireplace. This caused Bratty to grumble something in an language the others probably did not know (It was dragon.) Even the mounted dragon was not as impressive as what laid on the center of the farthest wall. It was the 'Luna' but now she was all stain glass.

mt5Ptff.png

"Shaz-Bot..", the little pony muttered to himself as he quickly scrambled into the room. With the danger out of the way, it was his turn to do some things that he shouldn't. Such as pressing buttons, reading foreign, spooky languages out-loud from ancient tomes, 'accidentally' knocking over sacred caribou relics and behaving like an general nuisance. "Ooooh!",he uttered as he scrambled towards an cabinet that held more than a few interesting items. Interesting items such as: A ancient golden cup. A preserved money's paw. A small, golden ring with writing on the inside. An old, bloody red stone. And finally a collection of large, crystalline spheres marked with a five-pointed stars, each one had a different number, from one to seven. "Woob, woob, woob!", the tiny pain in the flank shouted as he got closer to the very dangerous looking cabinet.  Would he get his dirty little hooves on something EVIL? Would he unleash ancient and forbidden magics?
  • Like 1

3uoj5x.gif

The monster Luna seemed to be heading closer to them, and as it tripped on the hat, something.. interesting happened. Out of pure luck, the kitty bumped her head right onto a button that made the large wooden doors open. They made a very large screeching noise, making Golly turn his head immediately and watch from the back as the monster-Luna made it's way into the room. Golly couldn't help but land on the ground and take a deep breath, kind of relieved from all the action. The Pegasus trotted to the other two, forgetting about the Luna for a quick second. "Every creature okay?"

The cat and dragon poked their heads into the room, and Golly couldn't help but follow along. The room was unexpectedly large, covered in shelves of books and other relics. Even a dragon head was hanging from the wall, which made the golden Pegasus giggle a little, just from Bratty's reaction. He didn't understand the dragon language at all, but just from the tone he could tell it was something bad. What surprised Golly the most was the Luna, which wasn't an entity anymore, but a stain glass wall. With the sudden realization that the monster was gone, Golly flew into the room. "That's how we get rid of monsters, huh? Tossing them into a room where they can transform into stain glass?" The Pegasus was amused by solution.

Suddenly there was a sharp sound of something shattering behind him. Golly turned to see Bratty heading towards a very dangerous looking cabinet, making the mare/stallion look around at what the baby dragon did. "What the-" The room seemed to be a tossed up mess, from where everything was organized, now it seemed to be chaos. Relics of all types were laying around their unoriginal spots, making the Pegasus role his eyes. "Bratty, what are you doing?" The golden eyed pony flew to the dragon, as Bratty was about to get his filthy little claws on something that didn't look too promising.

The Pegasus got in front of Bratty, raising an eyebrow. "So, we just go through all this danger and now you're aimlessly getting into trouble with these.. things that we have no idea about? What if we unleash some like, crazy killing animal?" Golly thought for a second, as Daze's actual curiosity started to poor out into her head. Would Golly say what she was about to say? "But, maybe it'll be cool that we mess with this stuff. We don't know what it is, how bad can it be?" 

How bad can it be?..

• Like 1

pJ6ZcTd.jpg?1

"I doubt it.", Boopsy warned, "I have a feeling each monster has a different way to defeat it.", she glanced around the small, but impressively themed room. "There's so much cool stuff here.", being the curious sort, she tried to take out an book she found interesting. Unfortunately just like the ride itself, the books were just molded into the bookshelf and painted to look like a book. "Ah table-scraps.", she properly cursed. Still, she was bound to find something interesting. So she continued to search the bookcase as Golly went to comport his 'little brother'.

"What am I doing?", Bratty was enjoying himself just a little bit. "I'm being a lovable scamp....Whoops!", he said as he 'accidentally' knocked over a small mason jar while placing what would be his front right hoof on his cheek. The jar promptly hit the floor, causing a small green mist to pour out. "Hope that wasn't evil!" As he reached into the very interesting display, he was stopped by his 'brother'.  The little pony not too keen to be blocked from the incredible 'Cabinet of Dr. Ponigari' as it was marked on the side.

"Yeah, come on! I wanna play with the monkey paw!", he shouted. As he did, another scream could be heard. "Oh-Oh, looks like your girl-friend got into some trouble!", he shrugged his shoulders and quickly scooted underneath the colt.

The last time Golly saw his 'gal-pal', she was standing near the book-shelf. Now she was gone! What would he do?
  • Like 1

3hmxwe.gif

Golly could hear Boopsy talking from behind him, making him turn behind for a split second. "Yeah- that probably makes more sense. I guess." The Pegasus shrugged, heading over to Bratty, who couldn't care less about making a huge mess with all the old looking artifacts. The little dragon's mess is what made him occupied, as he watched the dragon toss around whatever he could get his little claws on.

Of course, Golly jumped in, and Bratty's attitude is kind of what he predicted. "Okay, dude, but you don't even know if this stuff will unleash some crazy monster!" He watched as the small mason jar fell to the ground, releasing a deep green mist to fly out of it. "It looked pretty evil to me," he responded, quickly flying to the jar and playing with the broken pieces. He quickly lifted up his gaze as he watched his little 'brother' head to the monkey claw. 

He said something quite sassy, which made Golly turn around to see that Boopsy was gone. "Girl-friend?" Daze tilted her head, then remembered the characters. "Oh, Celestia. Where did Boopsy go?" The pony flew higher, quickly glancing around the room. Right when he looked at the door they came through, he could see her tail and something else darker making their way out of the room. The Pegasus quickly grabbed Bratty, "C'mon dumby, I mean.. Bratty, we gotta save her!"

He flew after them, noticing that they weren't anywhere to be seen. "Boopsy? Creepy monster thing? Where are you?" he shouted, creating a loud echo to fly throughout the hallway. "Lil' bro, you see anything?" he asked, setting the little dragon down. "I have no idea where they went. There's a million doors!" Suddenly he heard another scream, making him follow the sound. "Tell me if you spot anything, and no messing around! This isn't a joke!"

• Like 1

“Eh.”, the little pony shrugged his shoulders, “Maybe evil. Probably a little evil. But not super evil. It’s just a creepy little mist.”, he moved onto the next horrible, eldritch evil. Taking a good look at a book with a cover that appeared to be made out of rather thick, dark leather.  "Oh. Says it's the Necrponomicon. I'll take this as a bit of light reading.."  Thankfully, before he could snag it, he was distracted by his 'brother' and his missing girlfriend.

"I dunno.", he added with a shrug, "Thought she was going through the books. Which aren't really books.", he poked at the shelves. "Yep. Painted plastic. Cheap. And also....Wagh!", he let out a shout as he was snatched up and flown somewhere else.

Once placed on the ground the little 'colt' grumbled and glanced over at a wall with a torch that was not lit.  The creepy scream caused the heroic 'Golly' to turn away. Where did the scream come from? And when he called for the little pony's help to follow the scream, there was no response. He was gone. Poor Golly was all alone in a dark and creepy house. Would he go and try to find Bratty, or would he run towards the scream?

• Like 1

QjcDwOq.png?1

"They aren't really books?" the 'stallion' asked, looking through all the fake literature, but not actually touching it. The plastic was clearly coated, bright and shiny from whatever light was coming in to reflect on the covers. Golly tilted his head, thinking about it for a second. "Why the hay would there be fake books, but not fake artifacts?" He bit his lip, looking around the books for a second time. "This place is so weird. Like I for real don't understand this damn-" he paused, his pupils shrinking as he watched his 'little brother' get picked up and thrown somewhere else. 

The Pegasus immediately flew into the air, staring at Bratty with concern. "Uh- you okay, little dude?" 

Then the scream made him turn away, and when he went for it, he realized Bratty wasn't responding. "Bratty? Helloooooo?" His voice shot out at the end, getting kind of scared. Rather, Golden Daze was getting scared. The realization hit her like a flying bullet, the poor Pegasus's anxiety rose like the sun, which she hasn't seen in a while. This day was literally crazy for her. A race, meeting the sweet cat, chasing a thief, becoming friends with the thief.. was she even friends with the little dragon? Whatever the case, Daze was scared. Alone in the dark, in an amazingly creepy old huge mansion, and she didn't know what to do.

She could try and find the missing Bratty, or go after the scream to try and find Boopsy. She knew she'd have to make the decision as Golly, the hero, the pony who always knew what to do. She was just having trouble with her mindset. The mare had to be brave, had to be confident. Normally she was those things, but she's never been in this situation.. who has?

Finally she shook off her fear, rubbing her head with her hooves. "You got this Daze- or- Golly. You're good. You're a beast. You're a hero." He then knew what he had to do... follow the scream. It was way more dangerous, and though he had no idea where Bratty went, he could find his 'girl' and then have extra help finding the little dragon. 

So, the Pegasus flew off after the scream, living the library/artifact room, and following the sound down the hallway. Another scream was heard, and the brave pony followed quickly behind, spotting a shadow turning the corner and towards a smaller door. The door was rather thin, which made Golly confused on how a huge monster could get past it. Maybe it was a ghost?

Golly tried opening the door, which surprisingly seemed to be unlocked, and he slowly let it creek loudly as he peeked his head through the crack. "He-llo?"

What would he find?

• Like 1

Golly entered a long hallway, which was illuminated by more of the same wall sconces. If he looked closely, he would be able to tell they just repeated the same textures for all of the spooky lights. Copy and paste. How lazy.

As the very brave pony thought of what to do next, he could hear a unfamiliar voice call out. “Hare dare you!”. Golly might not be able to determine the species of the speaker, but it sounded like an older male.

“You dare break into the lab of the great.” There was a pause for effect. “Professor Whineas P. Hoofnmorder! The Great Professor Whineas P. Hoofnmorder!", he growled, "And then you touch all of my stuff with your filthy hoofs! You will suffer the worst kind of torture!"

A familiar voice responded back in full snark. "What? You'll talk to use even more! Ha! My brudder is gonna  hit you so hard, you're gonna come back to life and then die again! Just you wait!", he said with no fear whatsoever in his voice.

"Bah!" Now that was a well, done 'BAH' if you would say so yourself.

This 'BAH' was followed by. "Your feeble-minded pudding-headed older brother is no match for the great “Professor Whineas P. Hoofnmorder!", this was also followed by a "BWAH-HA-HA-HA!!". Thunder could be heard in the background. "Also." the older voice continued, "What's with the girl? She's out cold. I didn't tie the ropes that tight.."

"Eh, she's a fainter.". Bratty's voice answered in reply.

WHAT WILL GOLLY DO?

• Like 1

QjcDwOq.png?1

Golly entered the hallway, not really impressed from the lack of creativity on the walls. It was this instance where he strictly remembered this was just a fake story in a comic book. He was living in fiction. No matter what, he would be safe. Kind of. But the walls were all the same, pretty much a copy and paste from whoever the artist was in this story. Lame.

Then, the tan Pegasus heard a strong, fearful, deep voice coming from the room he stumbled upon. The voice didn't sound familiar at all, as he peaked his head through the door quietly, just to be unheard of.

Then, he heard a familiar voice. Finally. And it was Bratty, being a little snarky butthole, totally confident in his brother to kick the Professor's flank. The Pegasus only learned his name from his cliché villain antics, announcing his name for all to hear, pouring his overly confident ego all over every creature's presence. Golly couldn't help but roll his eyes at the not so threatening professor, as compared to the last monster, this seemed like a breeze.

Golly was looking for the cat first, but with his luck, he found both, his 'brother' and his 'girlfriend'. Hearing the conversation Bratty and the Professor were having made the Pegasus laugh a little. The little snarky dragon played that little brother role so perfectly. Golly's laugh was cut short when the professor's head turned towards him, making him hide behind the door.

"Okay, Gol- Gotta think of somethin' quick." The pony pondered, hitting his head gently on the wall, as the evil creature yelled, "Who goes there!??"

The Pegasus then smirked, flying into the air, entering the room ever-so bravely with his arms behind his back. "It's just me, man. A poor, poor, feeble minded little pony, who was just checkin' in. Chillin' out, actually. Just wanted to see what you were up to." He shrugged, giving a famous smirk, fluttering in the air right in front of him.

He was playing it cool, as he looked around to see Boopsy passed out. That poor cat has gone through so much. 

Clearing his throat, he spoke again, "So how's your day been, huh? Mine's been prett-y crazy, if I do say so myself." The Pegasus was planning on being a distraction. He remembered Bratty was a dragon, so maybe he could use his fire breath to do something crazy. He didn't know if the little dragon got the point of his distraction, though. As he talked, he started to do motions to signal Bratty to blow fire on the professor or something, so as he was burning up Golly could rescue the cat.

Would it work though?

• Like 1

There was something different about ‘Boopsy’ and ‘Bratty’. They no longer appeared to be their respective forms. Boopsy no longer looked like a humanoid cat, but a  cute and very unconscious young filly who was very close to becoming a mare. Bratty was now a Pegasus colt, resembling what ‘Golly’ know looked like, but younger. Thanks to a nearby mirror, 'Golly' could see that she was also an older colt. Not yet an stallion. Thankfully they were all  Pegasus ponies, so they could at least fly. Both of Golly’s sidekicks were tied to chairs. These chairs were near two very large and scary gorillas. Next to the gorillas was a chalk board which outlined the removal of a pony brain, which would then be inserted into a gorilla body and then vice versa!

gXWVKW5.jpg?1

A bespectacled and well dressed ghost floated into view. “Well, at least you’re honest.”, he chuckled as he eyed the hero. “Your little friends are perfect for the gorillas. But you, my young and sturdy friend. I have other plans for you.”, he quickly made his way over to his chalkboard and turned it so that every-pony could see the other side. This board showed an picture of the ghost doctor, which had a great big "plus" sign to a drawing of some odd machine that looked like a vacuum. This was also  "plus" a healthy living pony, which equaled a living professor who was shown cantering about town with two mares at his side. This living professor was smoking a big cigar and was also pulling a wagon filled with bits. Nearby on the board was also an crudely drawn image of a gorilla enjoying a lollipop. This caused the ghostly doctor to howl at one of the large creatures.

“No! Bad monkey! Bad! Only I get to draw on the chalk-board!”. This caused one of the gorillas to break out into tears. “Bad! No banana lollipops for you today!” He turned to Golly as he pulled out what was probably that vacuum machine thing from the chalkboard. “Of course you’ll be favoring hay and oats very soon....”, he let out another “BWAH-HA-HA-HA!” as he slowly made his way, ever so menacingly towards the heroic colt.

Golly noticed the very sad gorilla was staring at a old desk that was within the young pony's reach.

FruY7vp.png

• Like 1

Daze noticed something.. different. When he first looked at Boopsy and Bratty, she didn't bat an eye. But then she did a double take, and his golden eyes shrunk down to the size of peas. They didn't look like their original species anymore, they were full on ponies. Pegasus ponies. Just like herself. Just like Golly. The Pegasus then looked down to see a mirror, and she almost screamed when she saw herself. 

PrJmeby.png?1

Daze didn't look like a mare anymore, she was a younger colt. She was completely Golly now, not an adult mare. His anxiety was through the roof, seeing the complete change scared him. But he had to remember that this was all fake. He looked back, seeing the rest of the group tied up in chairs, next to two huge gorillas. He then led his golden eyes to the chalkboard, that resembled a brain going into their heads. "What the-" his voice was deeper yet squeakier. 

This day was getting worse and worse. 

The ghost professor started to speak again, which made Golly flap his wings harder with anxiety. He had to be tough, or he wouldn't be in character. He was getting a little freaked out again, though. "Yeah? What's the plan for me, compadre?" Golly asked, trying to sound more brave. As he asked that, he spotted another board that clearly showed the plan for him. Golly furrowed his eyebrows, realizing what the plan was. He kept his mouth shut though, trying to think of a plan.

As he was yelling at the gorillas, Golly took the time to quickly fly around, then spotting the sad gorilla after the ghost yelled at him. Golly's ears twitched when he heard the professor talking to him again, sighing very obnoxiously. "Ha! Think you can catch me? I'm kinda fast, dude, you might get whiplash." As he said this, he quickly flew to the sad gorilla, who was in tears. "Hey, man. Wanna help me destroy this guy? He hurt your feelings, yeah? You don't deserve that. We can get payback," the tan Pegasus said with a smirk, then looking back at the professor. "I'm gonna launch ya', and you do your damage. I'm gonna untie my bro and girl. Deal?"

The Pegasus quickly grabbed the gorilla, lifting up the heavy animal and throwing him at the ghost. The gorilla ended up landing on the large machine, and Golly flew around and got behind the other gorilla to the chairs. He tried to search for something sharp, "You know where a knife is?" he asked Bratty, then looking at the other gorilla. "Do you?"

• Like 1

gXWVKW5.jpg?1

The ghost doctor looked rather confused. “I just.....Pointed it out to you on the board, you meddling milquetoast! Your friends will get gorilla brains, while the gorillas will get pony brains. You on the other hoof, will get the best of the best.”, he grinned rather evilly. “My perfect brain, which is stored away for safety.”,he huffed, “It’s a good thing your brain will be tossed in the nearest bin as it's obviously defective!", he let out another well timed 'BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HAAA!' that was perfectly synchronized with the outside thunder.

"Ha! I don't need to catch you when I have my trusty gorillas at my side, you blunderous buffoon!", he let out a yelp as the flying gorilla came crashing towards and then through him. "Bah!", he bah'ed, "Your foolish plan was doomed at the start! Soon I will be in control of your youthful body and um. What's that sound?", he noticed the other gorilla had rushed over to catch the thrown beast. Doing so, the large primate crashed into the doctor's machines.

"What are you doing, Gertrude?", the ghost groaned. Apparently Gertrude was a female gorilla and she turned her attention to the male and fluttered her eyelashes at him. Very large red and pink hearts floated from the pair. "This is not the time for wedding bells! Seize him!", he pointed to Golly. But the pair had other plans as they waddled out of the door, arm in arm. Ignoring both the pony and sinister spirit.

"Hmmph.", the ghost turned his attention to Golly. "As they say, if you want something done correctly, you'll have to do it yourself!" With that said, he slowly made his way towards the hero with what appeared to be a giant saw. Perfect for brain surgery!

WHAT WILL GOLLY DO?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PrJmeby.png?1

The Pegasus smirked and rolled his eyes at the ghost ranted on about his brain and Golly's. The colt couldn't help but chuckle. "C'mon, man! My brain isn't that useless! At least give it a kiss on the cheek before you throw it away!" Lightening showered the background as the professor laughed, making Golly cover his ears. "Celestia, this comic couldn't get anymore stereotypical. Dumb villain telling everypony their plan, classic villain laugh, and the lightening. So original."

When Golly through the gorilla, he went right through him and landed right on the machines. The colt let out a, "Woopsie," as he watched the gorillas... fall in love? Well that was something the Pegasus wasn't expecting.

He tilted his head, already over to the chairs his friends were tied up in. He needed something sharp to cut the rope, as his measly hooves were no match for the thick knots. His golden eyes looked up to see the spirit holding a very large saw, which sparked a new and better idea. "Hey ghost!" he shouted, flying like a bolt into the air. "Wanna play a game of tag?" The pony then flew towards the professor, touching him, which technically wasn't a 'touch' as his hoof went right through him, but it worked. 

"Tag! You're it!"

The pony then flew behind him, and then around the room extremely fast, making anypony looking at him incredibly dizzy. Since he was such a cheesy stereotypically ghost, he probably followed the Pegasus with a close eye. When he was off guard, she took the saw right out of his ghostly hooves and flew right down to the chairs. "Okay guys, we gotta be quick." He took the sharp saw and started to saw the rope, which quickly broke off. It was Bratty who got out first. Then Golly focused on Boopsy's chair, trying to saw open the rope as fast as he could. 

Would he get it off in time?

• Like 1

gXWVKW5.jpg?1

"Bah!" the ghost bah'ed. "Your brain is as useless as a Simulacron-3 sub-space motivator without it's prime-motivator, or as worthless as my mentor, Sigfrid Von Shrink's hunchback assistant! Guy had no......hey!", the ghostly spirit had become so distracted by his minor ranting that he lost track of the brave pony. "Huh?", he did not like the amount of guff the hero was giving him. "I am not just a 'ghost', I am the late, great Professor Whineas P. Hoofnmorder! And I'm also not a 'it'. I am a stallion. Geez." In life, the brilliant pony had no time for games or what he would consider 'foolish games' so he was not sure what Golly meant.

This gave him the golden opportunity to snatch his saw on a stick. "Hey!", the ghost growled, "You clearly lack both the brain power and the license to operate an Illudium Q-36 Brain Discharger! I don't think you'd be allowed to work a toaster!", he chuckled at his own joke, which gave the pony even more time!

Considering the machine was meant to saw through a pony's skull, it took only a few seconds to cut the ropes. "Thanks Big Brudda!", Bratty shouted as he was freed from the chair. The mare was happy to be free, but instead of thanking her hero, she let out a gasp. "G-G-Golly!", she gasped, "Look at that tool you have!"

The saw on a stick, or as the mad professor called it, the 'Illudium Q-36 Brain Discharger' now appeared to have a pair of very evil ghostly eyes and was now floating like a ghost! The professor had taken over it. "Bah! Looks like my experiments were ruined by you meddling ponies! I'll have to get my revenge by showing you all what a real cut-up I am! Ha Ha!", he laughed as he turned on his blade. "RRRRRRRRRR!" the saw sounded off as it slowly made its way towards our heroes.

"Oh heyburgers!", the colt yelped, "The sun is coming! We need to get out of here before its day and we'll be stuck here forever!"

What would Golly do?

• Like 1

PrJmeby.png?1

"Yeah- a stallion that's also a ghost. So, technically, you're an 'it', because you're not alive, dude," the young colt responded, as he quite easily sawed through the ropes to free his companions. Golly was ignoring whatever the ghost said, as he nodded at his little brother. "No problem, little bro. We just gotta get out of he-"

He was cut off by his mare-friend yelling at him to look out, which made him jump back a little. Soon, the saw on a stick was floating in the air like a sickly ghost. The Pegasus gulped, trying to think of a solution. His little brother then yelled about the sun coming up, which made him panic more. He had to stay brave for these last few seconds, their time in the comic was almost shut out. Hopefully they could get out in time and return to their original bodies. Daze was tired of being a young colt. 

Quickly, the golden eye'd Pegasus flew in the air with the blade, watching it turn on aggressively. "You don't scare me, man. Haven't hurt me yet, have ya'?" The colt smirked, then flew behind the saw and grabbed the stick from down below so he wouldn't get cut. He swiftly flung the saw across the room, making it smash into the wall. Golly then followed behind, looking down at the ghost-saw. "I think it's time to go lights out." He saw the power button and turned it off, as the whole machine turned off. Then he picked it up and through it out the window, and into the rising sun. Ghosts can't be in sunlight, right?

The brave pony made it back to Boopsy and Bratty, smiling at them. "Hey-hey! We did it! Now we gotta get out of here!" Soon they found there way out the building as the sun began to rise faster. Thankfully, they made it outside, and soon vanished from the comic and into the real world. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally, Daze felt like herself again. "Goll-y! That was probably the most terrifying thing I've ever come across in my life. Don't think I'd do that again." She sighed, kinda exhausted. Though, she was more relieved than anything.

Z5r8Jr3.png?1

• Like 1

• GoldenDaze changed the title to The Unlikely Cirmumstances (Closed: tacobob) Completed!

As the strange and scary dark world shifted away into the bright and colorful real world, Thrilly pointed to a sign. The cat, who was back to being a proper cat smiled, “Looks like you got the high total score. And look, Knife, you got the award for ‘cutest baby dragon’.”

DohAiNS.gif

The dragon rolled up her eyes, “Ha Ha.”, she was not laughing, “You are so full of it your...oh..”, she was utterly amazed when there was an sign underneath Daze’s that proclaimed the little creature for being the ‘cutest baby dragon’  complete with a adorable image of Knife. “For the love of.”

The threesome walked by an rather annoyed brown colt as they left the building. He knew they had been up to no good! Using the wrong comic! He said nothing to the group, but his cute little frowny face said it all.

After noticing how late it was, the dragon waved a taxi and the pony, cat and dragon soon found themselves entering Thrilly and Knife’s hotel, where a friendly looking male dragon waited in the lobby.  “Imagine..”, he muttered before he got up from his chair and made his way over to the group. “They told us you made two new friends, so we made sure to reserve a few extra seats.”, he smiled at Thrilly and Daze, “Thank you for looking over my little whelp.", he gave the dragon formally known as Knife a hug. "Dad....Not in front..", the reptile groaned as she tried to keep away a blush.

DgUlkgr.jpg?1

"If you want to come with us...Follow me..", the large creature said with a grin before turning back to his child, "Mom is holding our seats..Let's go.."

Being the types not to turn down a free meal, the brave group of 'heroes' made their way into the fanciest restaurant they had ever seen and ran into who was Imagine's mother who was covered in impressive white scales. "You'll have to tell us about your little adventure.", the male said with a wink.

And that they did. And they made sure not to mention Imagine's short career as a thief.

The three also made sure to exchange addresses and promised to write each other when they could.  The cat had a P.O. box that would deliver the mail to the current location of her circus.

Thrilly would contact them when her circus would be in their town.

Imagine really wanted to find the right date so the pair could visit her home and meet her siblings.

And Daze would need to inform the of her next show. She would have the most interesting cheering squad. Dragons and cats.

Once their meal was finished, they retired to Thrilly's hotel room and planed their next visit to Canterlot..

CyfQPcQ.jpg
  • Like 1