Official Discussion Thread - S09E06 - Common Ground

Spoiler

640?cb=20190506192841

In this episode, Quibble Pants asks Rainbow Dash for help to bond with the daughter of his new special somepony because, like Dash, she's a real sports pony.

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk

Wait a minute, I'm not tacobob...

• szalhi changed the title to Official Discussion Thread - S09E06 - Common Ground

Man, I loved the dynamics in this episode. I didn't even need to know about Alice Oswalt to notice that it was a straight up child voice acting. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The voices and characterizations for Clear Sky and Wind Sprint were spot-on. The dynamic felt as real as it could (which it was, considering some slight changes) and the lesson was sweet. The designs were super cute as well.

I have a feeling they asked Alice what her pony should look like and she was like TWILIGHT!  They did switch the dead parent. in RL Patton's first wife (and Alice's mother) died, while it was the other way around in this. Makes sense.