Official Discussion Thread - S09E11 - Student Counsel

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Starlight Glimmer relishes her role as school counselor and encourages the students to come to her anytime about anything, but when always being available becomes too much, she learns it doesn't have to be all or nothing

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk

I really loved this episode. There were so many good parts about it.  I was actually surprised by this episode, because I misinterpreted the synopsis as the complete opposite, not sure how. Who would have guessed that SilverStream would be the first to tame a cockatrice. Gee, Trixie really grows on you more over time. Even though I never hated mudbriar in the first place, It's like I'm unhating him somehow. He's getting more character. And he's not even supposed to be a focus. And we got to see Maud's totally not mineral-philia.

• Like 1

One of the funnier episodes...It was nice to see Maud without Pinkie for a change.  And Cockatrices were one of the nastier creatures that have popped up in FIM. Nice to see them again....And now Silverstream has a really powerful pet at her side.

And I just love the expressions in this episode...

a1G082Y.png

ZBMxhHs.png

• Like 2

It was really funny. Maud and Trixie in particular were great. I loved Smolder's 'not at flirting' with Gallus little tiff, and the facial expressions were fantastic. Silverstream is best Fluttershy.

• Like 1