Gally Day Care (Closed: SteelEagle, Foxxy)

Hippo

large.png

Silverstream stared at Gallus for a few seconds as he adjusted his goggles. With a burst of excitement, she suggested a new full time activity. "Oooo! We should play made up characters! I'll be Streamsilver, a new Wonderbolt recruit—the first hippogriff ever to do so! And Zap, you should be the drill instructor teaching me how to do flips and spins." Silverstream dug out of the box a coach's whistle, blew it once very loudly to test it, and the tossed it around Zap's neck. The lanyard was for adult ponies, so the whistle dragged on the floor a little when it was left dangling. "And Gallus, you should be uhh..." Silverstream dug deeper into the box and started throwing out different items, some as plain as sweatbands, and some as obscure as clown noses. "Ah ha! You should wear this!" Silverstream pulled out and threw a leather flight jacket at Gallus. "And you can play a retired captain." Silverstream jumped in place a few times playfully and then darted to the center of the room to give herself space to move. "What exercise should I do first, Zap?"

vn2c7wp.png

Zap was confused, but with an item that makes noise around his neck and a new friend who was excited to play games, Zap felt like this might an opportunity to expel some of his extra energy he had stored up since his last cry in front of Gallus. He stepped forward towards Silverstream slowly, and looked perplexed in thought. "Um. I don't know. Um, jump up and down fifty times." Silverstream began jumping in place, the spring in her legs never showing wear. Zap liked giving orders. This was a newfound experience for him, and he wondered what limitations it might have. He decided to test it right away. He looked at Gallus. "And you! A thousand wing push-ups!" Zap then blew the whistle hard and long.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

81KtqmA.png

Streamsilver, it was? Well, Gallus wasn't going to harsh her mellow right then and there but he was sure that Streamsilver would go better than Sullag. Uggh, that sounded rough in his head.  It wasn't long before the first ever Hippogriff recruit threw the first ever retired Griffon Wonderbolt- wow, his career must have been cut way short- a leather jacket. It stunk a bit, like somecreature hadn't been washing everything after a good run. Did it belong to somecreature important or was it the one piece of kit that Rainbow kept on forgetting about? In any case, he started to put it on. Rainbow Dash was a larger, more athletically defined mare so it wasn't a hard fit at all. He felt something in a pocket and reached in, finding a pair of black aviators. He had to complete the look, right? He snapped them open and put them on, keeping an even, steely expression on as he put a deeper affection on his voice. "That's Captain Beakbreaker to you, Recruit," he said with a wink, though he realized all too late that she couldn't see it.

That left Zap Apple, who had the role of Drill Instructor Apple today. Yeah, they could roll with that. "I don't know if Recruit Streamsilver has what it takes, Drill Instructor Apple!" He said after Zap gave Silver her marching orders. Or jumping orders. Gallus looked at her move up and down a bit with as much of an even expression he could, playing up the expected sternness of his position. he would be the first to admit that it was rough. Even rougher was the expectation of a thousand wing push ups. He closed his eyes in a vain attempt to make the whistling stop. Again, these glasses. They were a lifesaver. Should he follow the orders? He was a retired captain. Not here to train. But why not play along? He wasn't sure if Zap Apple understood ranking structure yet. Plus, he had a whistle. That gave him more than enough immediate authority. "I'll do it, Instructor Apple, but only because you asked so nicely," he said confidently as he fell backwards, catching himself with the back of his wings and starting to do the reverse pushup, being able to look at Silverstream and Zap Apple while he did so. Because, you see, he was cool.

So very cool it hurt.
Oh that wasn't his ego, that was just the screaming from his wings that this was a bad idea.
Gulp.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

vn2c7wp.pngZap began prancing in place with a wide smile. He was having fun ordering others around. It was as much fun as it had always imagined it would be. No wonder Mom likes being Mom. While the two were finishing their orders, Zap started chasing his tail to add to his own entertainment. Anyone getting a view of the three through the window would be completely confused as to what was going on. Before long, Zap started getting dizzy, slowed his spin, and stumbled to a fall.

large.png

Silverstream finished her jumps fairly quickly. They were short bounds after all, not aggressive high jumps. She could feel a little burn in her ankles, but she was ready for the next phase of the workout. But as soon as Zap fell from his dizziness, Gallus seemed to be struggling with his wing-ups. "Gallus are you alright?"

• Like 1

81KtqmA.png

Gallus was not all right. Zap Apple had a lot of energy so his tail chasing, tail twirling activity had taken a little bit more than forever to tucker him out and sending him away. Gallus' pride stopped him from not doing the job as best he could...for a little while. His pride was overcome by the senselessness of the task and the fact his wings weren't his finest feature at the best of times, let alone when he was anything but stretched. He slowed down when he could and when Zap Apple collapsed, so did he. His wings, mostly the tips, were throbbing with pain. But when Silverstream asked him if he was alright, he decided to just roll over on his back and settle his paws behind his head, smiling while breathing heavily through gritted teeth, trying his best to smile. "Me? Oh, uhh, could have been better," he said, unable to lie again. "I didn't expect near infinite wing pushups today," he said while slowly getting up and flapping his wings once or twice. He took a gander over at Zap Apple, who had stumbled and fallen after his twirling dervish of an activity. 
"How're you feeling there, Zap?" He asked between breaths as he wandered on over to the (momentarily, he assumed) downed pegasi colt.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Being the boss was fun. It was also extremely exhausting. Considering Zap had had a lot of fun overall today, after his excited little spin and tumble, his mood kicked in to remind him of how much energy he might actually have in store, and while his happiness didn't suffer, his ability to zip around like he had was beginning to wane. He slowly got up from his dizziness and responded to Gallus. "I'm okay. I think I want to take a break." He took off his whistle and started making his way down stairs, leaving the mess around the room behind for the adults to clean up, if they so chose. Zap's deflated energy seemed like a problem, although it wasn't obvious if he felt bad about something and wanted to leave the situation to avoid embarrassment.

Silverstream stopped when Zap got up and headed downstairs. She shrugged and looked at Gallus. She reached out a claw to help him up. "Is he alright?" Silverstream asked herself out loud.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

81KtqmA.png

Gallus was helped up by Silverstream. He made a point of trying to blow a displaced feather on his forehead back in place but it was a failed effort, much like his attempt at impressing her. No shock there. "I'm sure he's fine. Just tired I bet. Kid sure does have a lot of energy," he said as he gave the colt a look as he walked away. "Need to put a bell on him or something...no, that'd be too loud," he said as he rubbed the back of his head, following the colt as he tried to make sure his lack of concern was more or less well justified. 

Gallus' eyebrows arched up. Was he okay? He didn't know kids very well. They were confusing to him, as confusing as anything else. One moment they could be flying high with all the energy of the sun and the next they would collapse like the darkened horizon. He knew however that it had to just be exhaustion. had to be. he had done nothing but fly and run and cause trouble and he wasn't about to look a gift colt in the mouth. "Okay buddy, we'll get you to bed," he said as Gallus offered Zap Apple his wing to clamber on.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

vn2c7wp.pnglarge.png

Zap's mood reflected his drop in energy. He tried to compose himself with a neutral attitude, and held back what would probably be a more cranky attitude. All the crying he had done earlier in the day kept him from being able to express that. At Gallus' offer, Zap climbed up his wing and held onto his furry back. Though his actions suggested an agreement for a nap, he voiced his displeasure. "I don't want to go to sleep."

Silverstream took off the Wonderbolts uniform she was wearing and followed quietly behind the griffon, exposing a small smile at the appearance of Gallus doing something resembling fatherhood.

• Like 1

81KtqmA.png

Gallus rolled his eyes with a smile as Zap vainly fought his increasingly tired body. The griffon walked gently enough to lull Zap Apple into a more solid state of sleepiness, like a nice cloud of tattered feathers. "Yeah? Well, I guess no one ever really does want to sleep. Except old ponies," he responded with a laugh before launching into an impression of what he assumed Granny Smith sounded like, with an old, scratchy voice. "Gotta get me a nap for these ollll' hips!" He said while kicking the air spastically. 

"But we all have to. Heck, I feel like I could take a nap. Helps me grow my strong bones and wings. What about you?" He asked Silverstream softly. It would be nice to curl up and cuddl- he meant, curl up and wait for Zap Apple tp fall asleep so they could...clean.
He opened the door and poked his head in- okay, yeah. A foal's room for sure. he hovered over to the bed and offered a wing down. "Ooooh, got yourself a cool bed there."

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

While hanging onto Gallus' back, Zap chuckled softly at his joke, before yawning with a wide open mouth. "Oh yes, I would love a good nap," Silverstream emoted a fake scratching of her sides.

Zap's bedroom was small, but had very fine furniture. His bed was branded with wonderbolts blankets and pillows. He nodded at Gallus' compliment of his bedding, but felt he had to qualify his minor insecurities as a young pegasus who dreams big. "Dashie says she's gonna get me a bigger bed. She says I'm gonna be too big for it one day." Zap fell off Gallus' back onto his bed that he was less than half the size of. Without much effort or repositioning, Zap started to relax his muscles and his eyes fell closed. Silverstream clasped her talons together in amazement at how adorable it all was.

• Like 1

81KtqmA.png

"Oh yeah?" He asked rhetorically as he made sure Zap Apple got in his bed. He wanted to make sure that when Zap Apple went down for the count he was down for that count. Boreas knew Gallus already had quite the mess to clean up, best to make sure he was asleep. When Zap Apple was clearly in bed and settling in, Gallus gently pulled the blanket over him. "Alright, well, you rest up and dream about that bigger bed. I'll be downstairs if you need anything, trying to take a nap," Gallus said as he started to hover away, waving as he did so until he was out of sight. Once there he took a deep breath, sighed, and turned to Silverstream. "Well, that was exhausting," he said with a smile. "Thanks for being here. Wanna help me clean up that mess down there?"

• Like 1

large.png

Silverstream whispered loudly. "Yeah. Sure. I can help clean up!" Her chipper demeanor unescapable, she hovered down the stairs into the common area. She started picking up things in the living room like small bits of trash, equipment from the projector set, and stray crayons that fell from the table. As she straightened the room up, she conversed with Gallus who was busy scrubbing down his efforts in the kitchen. "Gallus. You're going to be a really good father some day." Silverstream mentioned it plainly, not giving foresight or any extra context that could have been provided. Had their been extra context, she would have likely blurted it out with her compliment, anyway. "I don't think the others back as school will believe me when I tell them how well you handled it. Well, except for the whole 'we thought he fell to his death' situation. Maybe we just leave that part out."

• Like 1

81KtqmA.png

If he had known that cooking created such a hard to cleanup mess, he wouldn't have done it. He'd have found a flower and shoved that down Zap's throat, would have been more successful than his cooking attempt. And probably would taste the same. How could you have lasagna without some salmon? High crimes were committed in the clouds above Ponyville. At least he got to shoot the billowing breeze with Silverstream while he continued to clean. Something she said make him stick his head into the living room. "You think so?" He asked incredulously. "How do you figure? Tonight was nearly a disaster. Multiple times. But I guess maybe that's how it always is. Almost a disaster all the time and then they're old enough tp fly away. I wouldn't know how that works," he said as continued to work on the kitchen. "Though if you do tell them and you do decide to let them know about the time he went missing, add in some foalnappers we had to beat up. A  lot more interesting than just us panicking!"

• Like 1

2235283.png

Silverstream joined Gallus in the kitchen to help clean but mostly to continue the conversation closer together. "Yeah! I mean we all were, probably. I bet little baby Gallus hatchling got into all kinds of trouble." She leaned towards him to antagonize him a little. "He probably got into the trash a few times, drew pictures on the walls. Yeah, little Gally was a dirty birdy." Silverstream had an evil expression that was odd even for her, but then pulled back and laughed it off.

And then out of no where, she blushed. She attempted to hide her blush as it didn't seem to make sense for the moment. Silverstream was fairly good at suppressing her emotions though. All she had to do was blurt out the next thing that would come to her mind. "Oh my gosh! We should volunteer to watch Zap again!" It was at this moment the cogs in the hippogriff's mind began turning and she realized that she was never invited to be here today in the first place. She hovered a landing. "Oh gosh. Are they going to be mad that I'm here?" Silverstream began considering the possibility of the professor flying through the front door at any minute.

• Like 1

81KtqmA.png

Yeah, little kitten Gallus was such a troublemaker. Not even a lie there, he was. They all were. You had to be, even if it hurt. "Yeah, kitten Gallus was a troublemaker. Replace the pictures with graffiti and the walls with...well, walls outside are still walls I guess. So scratch that, don't replace that," he said with a laugh. "But don't knock dumpster diving. When you're starving and the street-mice aren't plentiful, you'll be surprised how delicious a rich griff's toss-aways look," he said as he returned her tone with a smile. After all, what came from her in a mocking, playful tone was less abjectly annoying than his life had actually been. "I was always pretty handsome regardless, though. How cute was hatchy Silverstream? I bet I could ask your mom for pictures. I bet she has thousands of them," he said with just as much evil as Silverstream had once summoned.

While she blushed and he thought to himself through a slowly beating heart Boreas she is cute, she managed to ask a question. It sent him backwards and knocked him out of his momentary stupor. Yeah, that would be easier than trying to do it alone, wouldn't? of course, she just as quickly came down to Earth in more than one way. Yeah, she was right. They would never have actually said yes to a twofer, would they? And not with her. Not here. Still, he would have fun with it. "Are you worried about something, Streamy?" He asked as he landed next to her and leaned. "It isn't like Professor Dash is gonna bust down that door any moment from now."

• Like 1