[Appleloosa] A blazeing autumn day out west. (open)

Dusty

You know what is awesome? The world. What is more awesome? Seeing how big it is after knowing only your home! At least that is Autumn Blaze believed and nothing was going to change that, so far she has had a blast! Her first stop off the train was a town out west and in the first 24hrs she managed to do so much. Meet outlaws, party with outlaws, end up in jail for a night and get a free bed. It was awesome! Done hanging with them she was back out on the streets exploring Appleloosa. Fun as they were she still had a lot to do in town before she had to jump onto a new train and head east! 

“What do you think Gloom?” Blaze asked looking at the map, than down at the shadow casted next to her. “Ohh ya the farms… You think appels live there? Well ya it's an appel farm…. Oh! Apples as in like applejack? Be funny if one of them lived in a town named after apples! And having appel farms. She was an apple farmer wasn't she?” She jerks a hoof up, holding a stick with her cloven hoof, shaking it at herself with a shocked face. “Twiggy! Shhh! Don’t use such language, there are foals about! But yes, it is pretty hot out here… must be the lack of trees. Well sounds like we got a plan. To the appel farms!” Jumping up and shoving the map in her big saddle bags she raced down the dirt roads, a smile big and strong as can be on her muzzle as she looked at the passing town in wonderment. So much to see, so much to do. How will she ever see the world in a lifetime? She only just started!

• Like 1

2fRHCs2.jpg

This land is so hot!  Rin knew from the stories she read about how hard the sun could beat down on a pony,  but now she could feel it first-hoof. In all the comics about outlaws and marshalls, Rin imagined of one day trotting down these paths. Having finally made it to the west she had to admit she needed time to get used to this. She could feel sweat in so many places.  Her persistence in her long walk did eventually pay off. 

The gray ryuma wiped the sweat from her brow and turned around to retrieve a canteen from her wagon. "Maybe I can get a hat while I'm here... That'd be so useful." She took a heavy gulp of water, "So much to see... I actually made it to the west." Just being able to hear herself say those words filled Rin's body with  renewed vigor as her excitement grew. No need to worry about all that mess back home. She could make a new living for herself out here! All she really had to do was make sure she got the parts for her wing's maintenance now and then. She could meet real settler ponies, Live off the land, get all tough and have singalongs at the saloon. Maybe she could make some ramen for some of the ponies here.

Maybe if she brought along her water bottle she'd be good on energy for the rest of the day. She'd only just made it to Appleloosa: Seeing the sights was an absolute must. One sight in the immediate area caught her attention. Was that a kirin? One of group of the past who migrated to the west to isolate themselves? That needed some investigation. Experimentally, Rin called out the kirin bolting down the path. She called out in Neighponese to try and get her attention, "[Hello! Are you visiting too?]"

• Like 2

Blaze ran slash hoped her way down the town road, head swinging about as she looked at everything in wonderment well she made her way to the farmland outside of town. But that stopped as she heard somepony calling out to her in a language she did not understand. Digging her hooves in to the dirt she slides to a stop and spins about to face the mare. 

The mare looked so much… like her self! But different! Wasting no time she bolted up to the other mare. “HI! HELLO!” She yells in greeting running about the mare before lifting not so fleshy wing up. “Ohhh, wings! Why is one like this? Why do you have two horns? They look nothing like mine! Where is your mane? You look so much like me! But not at all!” She talked in flood as darted about, leaving no part of the poor mare un-looked at or poked. “I’m Autumn Blaze, nice to meet you, I'm a kirin what are you? Are you some odd kiri? Do you speak like me? I did not understand you, I hope you can understand me!” she stopped darting about to stand in front of the mare with a big grin and cloven hoof out in greeting.

• Like 1

Tiger Blood was enjoying this little trip so far. There hadn't been too much going on that he'd consider exciting, but this area kinda reminded him of home, in a way. Minus the arena, of course. Too bad though, he could use a place to get into a fight. Oh well though, it was fine either way. In any case, the earth pony was wandering the streets, his spear leaning against his shoulder as he walked with the other three legs. He whistled to himself, stopping in his tracks as he spotted the two foreign mares. What were they called again? Kirin? Something like that, anyways. Shrugging to himself, he sauntered over, giving the two mares a wink as he came into view of them.

"Well well well, what's two pretty mares like yourselves doing on this fine day? Any room for a lonely stallion like myself?" He smiled at them, looking them over. Seemed the unwinged one was quite curious about the other, and to be frank so was he. Were they not the same species? What was the other one called then?

• Like 2

2fRHCs2.jpg

So she didn't speak Neighponese? Did she speak the Long sun's tongue? It was a shame Rin didn't know any of that... but fortunately the strange kirin spoke Equestrian! She sure had a lot of questions. Nothing that Rin couldn't handle, but she must not have seen or heard anything about the eastern regions at all. 

Rin cleared her throat and accepting the offered cloven hoof, shaking it with her own. "Hello there. I'm Shiori Rin... and, well, I'm from Neighpon! A country all the way to the east. I'm a Ryuma, but those further east call my kind Longma. Others back in my homeland look like me, but some don't have wings and they're called.... well, the Kirin! But they look  a little different then you... can you do breath magic?" Hoping to Demonstrate for this new friend, Rin took a deep breath through her nose and soon exhaled a faint glowing smoke that scooped up her canteen, making it levitate like a unicorn might with their magic. Once she set it back down she picked it back up with one of her wings (the natural one) and set it back beside her cart. 

"As for my appearance, well... I lost one of my wings in an accident a long while ago." She opened and closed her prosthetic wing a few times for her friend, "Back home everypony has two horns too... well unless they file one of them down. I've seen some do that! I love your mane and scales though!"

Rin's ears perked as someone whistled. When she turned around she was expecting some rugged looking ranchpony. It was a bit surprising when she looked to see somepony with a spear... though he was still clearly some sort of rugged. "Um... I suppose there is, Stranger." She dipped her head towards Tiger, "Both of us Just arrived here I think... do you know much about this town?"

• Like 2

Blaze was pretty happy the mare did understand her and even better, speak to her! She watched with wide eyes at this ‘breath magic’ Shiori Rin can do… her name was a real muzzle full. Than the lost wing! It did not look that lost to her… like she can see it. There it was. “It’s there!” She barked with a big grin, aiming a cloven hoof at the prosthetic wing. “Don’t seem that lost to me! And I can’t blow fire like some dragen… let alone magic fire. Buuut I can do thiiiis!” She hops back a few paces, shuts her eyes and thinks… of the worst things she can. Getting hurt, used, lied to and  the works. Everything that can make her mad.

It took some work in truth, she was having to much fun to be mad. But after thinking about some pony shaving her mane off that did the trick as black and blue flames combusted over her body engulfing it fully with unnatural flames that made made the dirt underneath her hooves sizzle and pop. But it did not last long as she spotted some stranger… and all the town looking at her. Woops. The flames flickered and passed as she shook off the last dark whispers of fire. “That’s my fire! It doesn't hurt! At least on the outside!” She says smiling before turning to face the stranger.

He looked a lot like the group of ponies she hung out with last day! The sheriff told her they are bad, no good outlaws and best a mare like her don’t hang with them… But they seemed so nice! And so did he! He called her pretty after all! So she raced up to him. “Hi! I’m Autumn Blaze, nice to meet you! I’m just exploring this town! You live here?” She asked looking him over. He must have seen a lot of hard times with all them marks.

• Like 2

Tiger smiled at the winged one as she welcomed him into the group, looking over as the other one went right up to him and started looking him over. He smirked a bit as he watched, waiting for her to finish before answering the questions.

"Name's Tiger Blood, nice to meet you two too. No, I don't live here, just visiting myself. Those are some cool little tricks you two got, don't think I've ever seen your kind before." He chuckled a bit, watching the two mares. Seemed like this would be quite the interesting time in this town. More so than he had expected, definitely. "So, you two have any plans besides just walking around and seeing where that takes you? That's basically my whole plan here right now."

• Like 2

Z3niV70.png

Yep. She was one of the old kirin from the stories all right. That fiery transmutation of her body into an avatar of her own anger fit in well with the stories grandpa told her.  Rin coudl even feel the air getting toasty. Thank goodness Autumn shifted back before a big scene could be caused. "That's pretty neat! I used to hear stories about kirin who looked like you from my grandfather." She looked around Autumn once again before stretching out the prosthetic wing again, "... and I meant that this is a replacement wing. The old one had real feathers and everything,  but this one is pretty cool. I was thinking about painting it up to give a cooler look." 

The spear carrying stallion seemed pretty curious about her an autumn. Rin was more subtle about inspecting him than autumn was, anypony with the bearing of a mercenary made her nervous given her past. Now her past was behind her, she could just enjoy the day!

"I know I've wanted to see the farms and saloons... I've only seen them in movies."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

“Cool! We can like, totally just see everything together! All visitors in all!” Blaze shouted as she leapes away from both of them. “And others that looked like me? From a grandfather? Like some long lost sister? Sounds odd. Only one like me is me! Unless you mean what I am than yes, lots of us.” She added with a hoof too her chin, but such thinking did not last long as she looked down at her shadow. “Hrm? Ah ya. Come on, let's go!” With that she darts down the road to the farms. She had so much to see and too fit it all in before her next train ride! 

So the first thing… Farms! That was her plan at first after all! Maybe get some snacks. Oh, and see if some pony knew were applejack lived! Pony something… Vall? Vill? Some pony may know! Than what? The saloons? She was not one to drink but come on, she was out west! Had too see at least one saloon. Maybe try her hooves at danc- With a thump she crashed in to some fencing. “Found the apple orchard!”

• Like 1