(COMPLETED) No good deed goes unpunished... (Manehattan outskirts)

Ashton

Spoiler

Spoiler

The tavern was quiet... well as quiet as a tavern ever got - there was still the sound of ponies talking, laughing, threatening each other, not to mention the radio playing quietly... but nothing too extreme was happening. The lights were fairly low to aid those who had already drank too much and the scent of tobacco perfumed the air, mixing with the scent of alchol to give the place a very... specific... smell.

The door opened and three ponies entered, a pink mare, a blue stallion, and a white colt.

The bartender looked up and frowned "Yer not welcome here, Shock..."

"Oh is that any way to treat your best customer?" asked Shock

"Not this time. Get you. After what happened before I dont ever want to see you here again"

"Well that seems rather rude" said the mare

"Your not flirting your way out of this, Rose, I want you three out. Now."

At this point, another fibure rose rfom her seat nearby "ah think 'e said f' ya ta leave" said the blue grtiffen in the red captains coat

"I advise you to not get involved, Pirate" commented the colt "This does not involve you, nor me, and I am staying out of it"

"Logic dont phase me, kid" commented Harle "ah rather like this 'ere bar" she drew her trademark weapon and pointed it right at the colt's nose

the colt did not blink

Harle pulled the trigger and a red dot appeared on the colt's nose for a split-second

He blinked a moment "was that supposed to do something?"

She did it again. Now the turbines on the sides of the weapon were whirring

"are you quite done?" he asked

A third time

The colt still did not react "if you wish to fight..."

Harle flicked a switch and this time a bolt of lightning leapt forth from the weapon

The colt did not flinch, instead Shock leapt forward and caught the lightning in one hoof and it traveled through his body and out the other one, right back at harle!

The griffon was thrown across the bar, smashing into the shelves behind it, several large bottles falling and hitting her int he head, knocking her out cold.

"That was unfortunate... it seems we're going to have to make an example of this place" commented the colt uncaringly.

Shock grinned psychotically as his hooves sparked and Rose mirrored the grin as she pulled out a hoof-full of sand... though Star did not show any emotion at all..

----------

Dawn was crawling over the horizon, as it slowly cast its light across the remains of the tavern - little more than chard remains and broken boards, though it seemed all the other customers and staff had escaped... Harle groaned... she wasn't dead, but she wished she was... her head was pounding and before she even knew where she was, she knew that was a bad sign and no doubt the guards would be after her at any minute... but before she could process that her head went limp again as she slipped back into unconsciousness...

• Like 1

Magnus had been drawn to the former bar by the destruction, seemed like someone really didn’t like the place. The unicorn stood next to the remains of the building, looking down at the familiar griffon that had just passed out again. Time to rack up more favors from her, he supposed. 

Lifting her with his magic, and extending his invisibility to her, he simply walked off with her in tow. Once they reached a safe place away from prying eyes, he dropped her onto the ground and sat nearby to await her waking up. 

((eh... technically they shouldn't know each other since the thread where they met was aborted by BJ, but I'm not going to argue since it gives me something to respond to 😜 ))

It took some time for the griffon to regain her senses and when she did she woke up groggy, rubbing her head and muttering something about 'singlestone, did you mess around inside my skull again?' which would no doubt raise a lot of questions about the meaning of that comment. Though she managed to lean against a wall... or was it a rock? or maybe a tree? right now all she knew was her vision was still blurry and her head was pounding. she reached into her coat and pulled out her decanter, cracked, but still holding itself together, she took a hard pull and started to put it up, then changed her mind and took a second, though after the second she did put it up "Where's here?" she asked, slightly less than coherently "'s not th' ship" whether she was trying to fake her British accent or was just slurring her words from the concussion wasn't too clear at the moment...

(I assumed it was just on pause and that we’d probably come back to it eventually. We can just ignore that part and move on if we need to.)

Magnus walked back towards the griff as he heard her start to wake up and speak. He had taken her to a place outside town that wasn’t really visible from the main roads, so he figured it would serve their purpose well enough. 

“Welcome back.” He said simply, walking into her view and looking over her injuries. “So, what happened to the place? The bar. I assume you didn’t do it, you look experienced enough to not get caught in your own destruction work.” The unicorn watched her, trying to figure out what he could get from her in return. 

((personally I would have loved to, but I doubt BJ is going to RP much if at all anymore - I watched the same thing happen to a friend of mine on another site, ultimately he stopped RPing forever, much to the disappointment of many T_T ))

Harle rubbed her eyes, trying to focus and managing to get a clearer image though she was still not at her best thanks to the concussion "Yer not Singlestone" she said, though whether she was trying to focus on the fact by stating it, or was deadpanning a joke wasn't clear "ar' y' a bounty hunter?" she asked with a growl, reaching into her coat to make sure he sword and gun were still there, and finding herself still properly armed she relaxed a tiny bit - if he was there to kill her or turn her in, he would have stripper her of her weapons... or else he was completely incompetent, in either way he was only a low-level threat at worst it seemed...

"Bloody right ah wouldn" said harle "ah was tryin' t' save th' place. Jus' sittin' there minding m' own business when these three blokes enter and th' barkeep tells 'em ta leave. they start causin' trouble so ah try t' get 'em t' leave... next think ah known one o' 'em throws a lightnin' at me and knocks m' out cold. ah wake up in that rubble" she explained as she tried to stand and just sat back down again, her headache deciding that walking was not in her immediate future...

“No and no.” He responded simply to her first words to him. At least, he wasn’t hunting anyone currently, he might later. For now though, he listened to her talk about what happened, humming slightly as she finished. Well, that was interesting, they sounded like they might make good allies. 

“You probably shouldn’t move for a while, but I’m not going to stop you. Any idea where they may have gone? Or anything more than there being three of them?” Magnus said, looking around the area briefly to see if there were any eavesdroppers. They seemed alright for now, from what he could tell from here. 

She rolled her eyes at the fact he actually responded to her comment about him not being singlestone. But she wasn't going to be rude since he did save her "Ah don' need t' move much. Ah jus' need t' signal m' ship an they'll come puck m' up" she commented, though she seemed to be more than aware that trying to do much of anything right now outside of sitting up (and maybe even that) was a bad idea...

When the unicorn asked about the group that destroyed the bar, harle just shook her head "only that they did s'mthin' t' piss off th' barkeep s' much ta get banned from th' place. ah'm sure y' know how hard that use'ly is"

"Well, this has been entirely unhelpful. Did you not even see what they were? Ponies, dragons, griffons, what?" He sighed, getting tired of these mostly uninformative answers. "Or colors for that matter. Feel free to call your friends, just don't forget who helped you out." 

Magnus watched her as he awaited her response, wondering if it would be worth the trouble of seeking this trio out. Especially with how little information he had to work with.

Harle frowned as her vision cleared "y' seem quite int'rested in them, gov... a might too interested" she commented, clearly suspicious "ah don' think ya should tangle with them, they seem t' be dangerous, pr'fession'l an' dishonest... don' e'pect none of that 'honor mong thieves' from them ah say" she commented as she tried again to stand, but was forced to sit back down, though it wasn't nearly as bad this time

Magnus sighed again as the griffon spoke, bringing up a good point. While they were assumedly strong, they may be more trouble than their worth to initiate or maintain positive relations with. What now though? He wasn’t in the mood to be babysitting her, but he didn’t exactly have any other plans today...

”Do you know any other good bars around? Might as well get some drinks.” He sighed again, looking back towards the city. 

Harle sighed "you think many bars 'd let in a want'd pirate?" she asked, though the way she said it, it was clear something about the phrase haunted her and upset her "f' the res' of ya, there used t' be a good one down a' 434 East next to th' toy shop" she forced herself to her feet and rummaged around in her bag for her flare gun, she could tell the unicorn had no interest in dealing with her now that she showed she couldn't -or rather wouldn't- tell him about the group that destroyed the bar.

“Mmm. I’ve got my own past too, you know, doesn’t mean everyone is going to recognize you. Better safe than sorry, I suppose. You got any drinks on that ship of yours? I wouldn’t mind getting a drink in a place I don’t have to worry about that.” Magnus said as he looked back towards her and saw her flare gun. Interesting, though that could draw unwanted attention too. 

Harle raised a brow but smirked as she fired the flare "Bourbon, whiskey, rum, vodka, beer, wine, ms' anythin' ye can ask fer" she chuckled "maybe ah should jus' start m'self a flying tavern!" she laughed at the lunacy of the idea

((oh if only harle's other thread hadn't been abandoned (not one with you) things would have been so very different in this thread... and so much more dramatic! --- not to mention hilarious ;) )) 

“A mobile tavern could be an effective business.” He nodded slightly. “Only problem could be getting non-flying creatures in it.” 

It seemed they were simply waiting for now, so he sat down, remaining on high alert for any approaching threats. 

Harle nodded "ah would need a syst'm ta call fer a flight up if'n ya were below" she said, seeming to begin pondering it slightly more seriously

"It seems the pirate did not learn her lesson"

"we tried to teach you to stop drawing attention to yourself... oh well..."

Harle groaned as she drew her gun in one claw and her sword in her other "Git ready fer a fight, horny"

"Team E.V.I.L. you will now Face" 
"Allow us here to make our case" 
"To plunge Equestria into devistation!" 
"To reunite the ponies in our own nation!" 
"To show them all the truth of love!" 
"To shake down the stars above!" 
"Rose!" 
"Shock!" 
"Team E.V.I.L Will surely win this fight!" 
"Even if it lasts throughout the night!" 

"*sigh* you guys will never get it right..."

From the nearby buildings leapt the twp pegasai as the gound as the unicorn casually walked in from behind a large plant

"we went easy on you last time" said Rose, clouds of sand whipping around her violently

"This time they will need to search for the pieces" said shock as electricity sparked over his body

Star simply kept his distance, not really caring about the little spat and not wanting to get his hooves dirty.

Magnus looked towards the voices, rolling his eyes at their little theatrics before walking off under the protection of invisibility, leaving an illusion of himself behind. The unicorn in the back seemed to be staying out of it for now... the question would be wether to take him out now or not. If he messed up, it would turn into a 3v2 battle, and he did not want those kind of odds against mostly unknown enemies. For now, he’d leave the unicorn be. 

Making his way behind the one displaying wind abilities, he slammed the hilt of his sword into the back of her head in order to knock her out. 

The blow connected and the mare shouted a string of obscenities as her wings began whipping even more violently in magnus' presumed position "This ain't no movie, hero" she said

Harle grinned as she gripped the ground with her claws and started flapping her wings, causing the storm to start ti disperse "'ey, you take care o' spahky, ah'll handle this 'ere one" grinned harle as she began flapping her wings much harder to keep the sand flying away from her and start moving towards rose

"Dont call me sparky!" exclaimed Shock as he turned and sent a lightning bolt flying at magus' face

Well, that was unfortunate. He had hoped that had been enough to take her down, but some damage was better than none at all. Harle then claimed the female opponent, and she seemed better equipped to handle the storm anyways, so he moved his focus to the male. Holding his blade in his magic, he blocked the lightning before going back into stealth mode. He went one way while a copy went another, and another charged straight at him. 

Shock just grinned as the sparks arching across his body increased, planning that even if he couldn't dodge in time, he would electrocute magus... which wasn't a bad plan since if the charge was strong enough the sword would just act as a spark gap and despite not being help physically, the electricity would still ark right into the unicorn's body thanks to the lower resistance (though it did mean that shock was being forced to greatly increase the voltage to overcome the high ohm range)

meanwhile Harle squared off against rose, her wings causing the sand storm to quickly become ineffective... but rose didn't seem too upset... in fact it wasn't long before harle was the one getting thrown around by a small tornado... this pegasus knew her weather magic!!

Star yawned, floating a pocket watch from his pocket, opening it, and checking the time, before returning it. If any emotion showed on his face it was pure boredom. he really didn't care either way how the fight turned out...

Well, things seemed to be going well enough. Magnus kept the illusions charging as he kept his distance, watching as the pegasus seemed to charge up. He knew he didn’t want to be anywhere near the electricity when it went off, so it was time to fight from a distance. 

As the illusions got to the pegasus, they all stabbed out towards him, mostly aiming for non-lethal wounds. They may be bad ponies, but he did not need the kind of attention that would bring. At the same time, another illusion appeared behind him and slashed towards his legs to hobble him. The swords may have been mostly illusory, but there were daggers hidden in them to make them seem real. 

Shock's charge seemed to only intensify as he stomped his hoof and mists began to swirl, it wasn't long before a large thunderhead had formed and was blasting lighting everywhere, clearly going for a more shotgun approach to trying to hit the target... unfortunately that meant it also hit Rose, Harle, and worst of all, Star...

the sandstorm pegasus was thrown back, slamming into a wall, coughing as she stood "Watch it shock!"

Harle was also thrown back, though she managed to catch herself, her talons leaving deep scratches in the ground

Star at first did not seem phased, but then exclaimed "THATS ENOUGH!" 

the other two ponies and griffon turned to the small unicorn

Star cleared his throat and without warning began singing.

Everyone present was suddenly enthralled, the foal's voice was so perfect, it was beyond perfect even, it was supernatural. Everyone nearby got completely lost in it, disconnecting from reality while they heard the voice, though it soon faded away...

once they could not hear it, Harle and magus would find the trio gone, presumably Star drug them away while he was singing...

"Well... ah guess th't solv's th't" commented harle as int he distance an airship was seen approaching, presumably Harle's ship. "Still up f' that drink?" she asked, sheathing her sword and holstering her gun

Magnus threw up a shield as the storm started, managing to protect himself from the brunt of it. Unfortunately, the singing started while he was recovering, and the next thing he knew he was alone with Harle again. He blinked a bit as he came to, growling slightly at being caught in something like that. 

“Yes, yes I am.” He responded simply to her question as his weapons flew back into their sheathes and he walked back over towards her. He could use a drink after that. 

It wasn't long before the airship was overhead, throwing down a rope ladder. Though why harle bothered to climb it when she had wings was up for debate... probably out of habit since she would no doubt often be carrying treasure on her back, or perhaps her wings were often injured... or bound... none the less she made ehr way up, motioning for magus to do the same 

When they reached the top, harley hopped over, speaking to an older grey unicorn "'ay 'ay, Single, we 'ave a guest, inforn th' crew"

Without a word, singlestone nodded and went about letting the crew know

It was only a few minutes later that the ship's engines roared and they began heading out over the ocean

"Now, matey, what would y' like t' drink" asked harle once magus was on board, heading towards the stairs to go below deck

Magnus raised an eyebrow as Harle climbed the ladder, but simply followed her up onto the ship. Climbing up onto the deck, the unicorn surveyed his surroundings as he followed the griffon below deck. 

"I'll take some rum right now." He responded, keeping his eye on his surroundings as he surveyed the room.

She gave him a side-glance, unsure whether to yell at him for making a stereotype joke or if he was serious...

They walked down the stairs through an area that had numerous hammocks, some with ponies or other creatures sleeping in them, and entered another door past it into a kitchen area marked GALLEY "Welcome t' me second treasure room" smirked Harle as she pulled a curtain back to reveal a re-purposed wine rack that must have had at last three dozen kinds of liquor on it she pulled out a glass and a bottle from the rack, pouring the unicorn a drink and setting it down on the table, while she went for a bottle of bourbon, taking out her decanter and refilling it before pouring herself a glass, she raised the glass "a toast, may both o' our futures be as bright as sun-butt's sun"