[Silver Shoals] Peace and Not So Quiet (Attn: Ice Storm)

Skycoaster

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice Storm couldn't help but giggle at Luna's reaction when she realized that she had forgotten to grab a ball. She couldn't help but let her laugh grow a bit when she heard Luna shout when she found the ball that she wanted to use in the Royal Canterlot Voice. The reaction of everypony else on the lanes was more hilarious than the actual event though as everyone who was throwing a ball threw it right in the gutter. Luna quickly apologized before coming back over and asking her what Ponswick Manticore Bruiser meant. "I have no idea honestly, though if I had to wager a guess, that's what kind of ball that is. See, mine says something different. All mine says is Silver Sholes Bowl and 15," she said as Luna instructed her to go first but informed her she had no idea how to score it.

"I'm sure we can figure it out. It looks like most of it is done on the monitor anyway so we shouldn't have to worry too much on that part of it," she said stepping onto the approach. She started lining up her shot before stepping forward before bringing the ball back with her magic and launching it towards the pins. The ball went straight, but was angled to the right, and she managed to get lucky enough to hit the three pins in the back corner. "Hey! I hit something!" Ice said with a smile before coming back and waiting for the ball.

• Like 1

post-1908-0-71650300-1401605331.png

Luna would watch as Ice’s ball made contact with the pins. She would applaud her friend as a 3 would flash on the monitor. A machine would lift the still standing pins and clear the downed ones. “I think you get another throw?” As she looked up. “The scoring contraption says so at least. It’s still on your name.”

Ah she waited for Ice Storm to make a second throw, she noticed some ponies had done food and drink delivered to their lanes. She would wave down the pony who had delivered it. “Two bargain night orders of hayfries and two bottles of cider please. Senior discount as well,” she said with a wink.

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice Storm looked up to the scoring monitor and it did indeed still show her name on the screen. "Hm, it looks like it!" she replied as the ball made its way back up the little chute that was returning it to her. With a smile she grabbed her ball and she stood on the approach once again. This time her magic lauched the ball straight down the middle, causeing the middle pins to split to the side and leave the two on the far left corner remaining. "Hey! I hit more! that's a small miracle!" she giggled as she came back onto the waiting area after hearing Luna order some of the hayfries and two bottles of cider.

She could help but laugh a bit when Luna reminded the server of the senior discount. She herself wasn't sure if a pony that was ageless counted for discounts like that, but hey, she did used to be the law so if she said that she got a discount then she probably got one, and hey, she was definitely over the qualifying age for it. After all, she was at least a thousand years old. That had to count for something right? She couldn't help the smile as she sat down and waited for Luna to take her turn. She wondered how many pins she'd get.

• Like 1

Luna turned back upon hearing the crash of the pins to see that Ice had indeed hit more pins. This time, quite a few more. "Art thou sure this is not thy first time bowling?" the alicorn said jokingly, being sure to emphasis it in olden ponish. She would levitate a few bits to the mare with a smile before taking a few steps to be on the lane. "Hmmm," she said with deep complication in her voice. "Perhaps it is best to go from the left," as she leaned her head to that side, "Or from the right..or perhaps from the middle?"

She levitated the ball and carefully, but with force threw the ball. "Yes Ice it is going towards the lead-NO!" as the ball hooked to the left last moment, missing the lead pin by only a few inches. "SASSAFRAS!" She quickly put a hoof to cover her mouth. "Pardon my language," she said with embarrassment in her voice before stepping back to look at the screen. A large Zero appeared as the pins reset for the next throw.

Taking a few deep breaths and tilting her head to the right, she noticed small arrows on the lane. With how much her ball curved last time, perhaps if she aimed there, she might hit something. She would levitate the ball once more, throwing it at the arrow second closest to the edge before turning around not wanting to see if the ball would hit this time. There was a loud crash, almost as if the ball found its mark. She would look of to the scoring screen only to see a slash through the second throw throw box. "Ice, how many points is that?" she asked, honestly not knowing. Turing around she would see the pins had already reset. "How many did I know down?"

~~~Ice Storm~~~

"I am quite sure. I guess maybe being a unicorn does give us an unfair advantage anyway despite all the precautions in place to try to level the field for others. It's a lot easier to get a good throw off because we don't have to worry about hitting ourselves with the ball," she commented in response to Luna's question about this being her first time. She sat down and then watched as Luna moved up to throw.

Luna threw her first shot and it made it all the way to the pins but then took a hard left and went completely off the lane with a zero for the score. She couldn't help but let out a small giggle when she heard Luna swear and then apologize for it. A gesture that Ice simply batted a hoof at. Being on front lines, she'd heard, and shoot probably said worse. She wasn't planning on letting any of that language out here though. This was a family establishment after all. It would look bad if she were to start searing like the sailor she was. "Hey! you got close at least!" Ice giggled as Luna threw her second shot.

The ball went out past the second arrow, and Luna almost immediately turned around, presuming that the ball was likely heading for the gutter. Ice thought that as well, but then she watched the ball begin to turn back and found it's mark on just the right side of the front pin. From there a loud crash and nothing was left standing and a slash was displaying on the screen. As it stood right now the score would read...

_________________ 1 __ 2 __ 3 __ 4

Ice Storm______| 3|5|
____________   .. |    8|
Luna__________.| 0|/|
_______________|      |

When Luna asked how many she hit Ice looked up again. "Well, you hit all of them, but it didn't give you a score. I think maybe you get bonus points on your next shot?" she replied as the lane waitress brought out their hayfries and a few dishes of ketchup as well as their drinks. Ice wasted little time munching on the fries. "Hey, these are pretty good!" she said levitating a hoofful into her mouth before moving to the approach for her next shot.

• Like 1

"I...what?" Luna was flabbergasted. Slowly she would walk down from the lane and sat down. Her face still showing the shock of hitting them all. Her eyes would look up to the scoring machine once more as it once again showed it was Ice's turn. She would levitate a few fries put them in her mouth one at a time. "You are right Ice Storm. These hay fries are delectable." There would be a slight hiss as Luna opened her bottle of cider and took a small sip. "Not bad, though not sweet as the Apple's brew."

"I believe the arrows are the key," Luna said as ice stepped up. Taking a few more sips of cider and a few more fries, this time dipping them in catatchup, the alicorn would wait for Ice's throw. "Hm, made in Appleloosa," as she read the label.

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice nodded as Luna came back from the lane and sat down. As she did, ice speed a few lanes over another a pony making the ball curve. She wondered if she could do that. She watched how he stood and she mimicked it, standing in the far left side of the lane before dining the ball with her magic and then throwing it out to the right. However, unknown to icy, most house balls didn't have a counter weight in them for hook, so while it did turn a little bit, she had too much angle and fell off the lane into the gutter.

"Well, that didn't work like I thought it would. I thought I could make the ball curve. Apparently there's more to it than just spinning the ball. With that or different ones have different levels of curve," she said as the ball came back and she tired the same thing, but noting that the ball went mostly straight before she stood on the right side. The ball move a small amount to the left before hitting just in the right of the front pin and all the one exploded. "Hey!!! I did it!!!" She says smugly with pride before giving Luna a high hoof and returning to her seat. 

• 2 weeks later...

Luna had found herself enjoying her hay fries as she looked up to see Ice's first ball miss. She knew the feeling all too well having done it her first throw. As her friend waited for the ball to return, the alicorn would grab another hooffull of hayfries looking up just in time to see the pins seemingly explode. The sound of the ball hitting the pins in the way they did made the retired princess shoot up from her seat. As Ice returned, she returned the high hoof before looking back at the scoring screen.

"Huzzah! That was a wonderful throw...or roll." she would chuckle. "I heard somepony talking about rolling it. I guess it's my roll now." Luna would step up to the lane, carefully looking at the arrows to line up her throw. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before throwing the ball the same as before. She would close her eyes once more as she heard the ball hit. It sounded just like before, however with one small difference. "Yes...No-" Two pins remained There was a poster on the wall that gave each pin a number. "Ice, what dose it mean when the Seven Pin and the Ten Pin remain?"

• 3 weeks later...

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice returned the high hoof that Luna extended to her after the shot. "Thanks! I saw the pony a few lanes down do that and it got more reaction it off the pins. I missed where I wanted to throw it on the first shot, but the second one was great," she said smiling as Luna took the approach.

Her first shot looked a lot like her second shot, and it smashed into the pins. Unlike her shoot though, Luna's ended up leaving the two corner pins. When Luna asked about what a seven pin and a ten pin meant. "Well, I'm not entirely sure, but those are the two pins that are furthest from each other. I can't imagine it's easy."

"Ha! Easy!?" Came a response from a one of the staff. "Been working here for years and only ever seen it picked up once," the staff pony said with a smile.