Pink Lady's Everfree Adventure: Sign-up and Rules

8a18684782dbfe6352f7e33f8f4b5f51bd337d06.png

Hello Everyone! Quicklime here with a new and fun idea for an open thread! I really want to make the best of this rp thread, and to see if I've still got it to play the lovely lady here~ And what better way to do that than with a semi-open, fun adventure thread?!

First things first, I shall start with:

The Plot

The time has come once again, for Pink Lady to make the long trek back home, so she can enter the Everfee Forest in order to get the special ingredient to her secret recipe for Apple Jubilee,  a very special berry called the "WinterGreen' berry, that seems to trap the winter's coolness in every soft, blue, glowing orb of fruit! It adds a pop of coolness to a dish that's set on fire, and it's ABSOLUTELY essential.

Pink Lady however does NOT wish to take this rather dangerous trek alone, and is currently recruiting ponies to aid her, she needs a small, but vigilant group of adventurers, to protect her and each other as she goes on this quest for these mysterious berries, that only grow in the very heart of the Everfree!

The reward is both Bits, and the first slices of her excellent Apple Jubilee, are you up for the adventure!?

Rules for the Thread:
Now I'm an old foagy when it comes to Rping, so there's going to be a few rules for the thread, specifically for my own comfort and enjoyment, if these are not for you then I understand, and thank you very much for your time <3

1: WOE Only
This means no Alicorns (save for Canons), no non site approved species, no over powered ponies/other creatures, I'd like this to have the same flavor and feel to the show, with a slight edge to it if possible, and with the structure to back it up.

2: Limit of 2 characters PER user
Please limit yourself to playing 2 characters, ain't nobody got time to read a wall of text because you wanted to play every character in your roster :P

3: Don't derail the plot
If you have an idea for the plot that can enhance it, post here, and see if others are interested/if I'm up for it, if so I'll pm you and we can hammer out the details! I want this to be fun, not ridged and strict, but I also don't want the party finding a creepy murder house in the middle of the Everfree where they get transported to another dimension ya feel me?

4: Don't threadHog
To clarify, please don't just post in rapid succession to reply to a post aimed at you, there will be a cool down  of "Post after everyone has had a turn" If the other people in the thread haven't had a chance to reply yet, then wait. The EXCEPTION is if we've been told by the poster  that something's come up and that they'll be "ghosting" in this thread till they can resume posting, then it's okay to skip them 

5: Be considerate of others in posts.

If someone is engaged in a conversation with your character and you want to move on to the next scene/bit of action... properly end the conversation, don't just ignore them and move on to the next  point of interest, that's rude and makes people feel ignored, if people are feeling ignored, let me know and I'll try to include them more~

That's all the rules! I'm going to cap this at like what 5 people joining? I doubt I'll get that many people interested but LET'S GO ADVENTURE THE EVER-FREE FOREST!

Team spots Open:1

Team :

Gold Digger/Angel

Loose Cannon

Reckless

Hawthorn

• Hearthoof 1

Angel here is always up for some adventure. 

She’s been on plenty, so she knows what she’s doing, plus she’s got combat skills to top it off. 

As for history with Lady, it’s fine if they meet for the first time during recruitment, or maybe a brief one during one of Angel’s adventures/during the time before she settled in Ponyville. 

• Hearthoof 1

My Reckless is always up for some adventure!

Shes a guard pone but often takes leave for her own pursuits be they fun and/or flirting ;)

She can fight with her wing blades and is a pretty strong pegabat. 

As for prior meeting, she frequents ponyville and may have eyed Pink Lady from afar in the past. 

• Hearthoof 1

Man, Now Loose Cannon might have something Non classified to do. Loose goes into the Everfree (outskirts) all the time. She actually enjoys it sometimes. No forest darkness can impede her when that's all she has. May or may not have disassembled a certain moving tree thing. 

Loose may or may not have met her before, but because of ages and stuff, the answer is probably no. 

• Like 1

Hawthorn would be happy to join!

He knows a lot about plants and medicine, so could not only help find the berry in question but also be a critical asset if anypony happens to get hurt! He's spent a lot of time in the Everfree Forest but typically relies on his pet chipmunk (who you can count as my second character I guess) to keep him on safe routes. I think he'd be curious to explore deeper into the forest and would jump at the opportunity to join a group that makes it (relatively) safe!

I doubt he would have had any prior interaction with Lady.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Flooberoid said:

Hawthorn would be happy to join!

He knows a lot about plants and medicine, so could not only help find the berry in question but also be a critical asset if anypony happens to get hurt! He's spent a lot of time in the Everfree Forest but typically relies on his pet chipmunk (who you can count as my second character I guess) to keep him on safe routes. I think he'd be curious to explore deeper into the forest and would jump at the opportunity to join a group that makes it (relatively) safe!

I doubt he would have had any prior interaction with Lady.

Totally accepted, too good for the job to not have

• 3 weeks later...

After some consideration I decided to bring Swift Squall into this. Squall is financing the construction of Fillydelphia Botanical Gardens - the first in the world to be completely enclosed and in controlled space. Despite his finances however, getting some exotic, oveseas plants roves to be a problem. Some seeds and saplings are not fit for long overseas journey. But Everfree is known for plants that shouldn't be in Equestria at all.....

- He's the unicorn, which group don't have. Telekinesis for the win. Also in in excellent physical shape. Possibly Equestria's best swordpony (although that claim is up to debate).

- Swift's been in Everfree more times then he cares to remember. Noblepony had displeasure of encountering majority of the dangers the lurk in the forest, and learned how to handle them too.

- Being trained commando, Swift has survival skillet. Squall knows first aid, camouflage, shelter building, how to find food and water, and most important - navigation.

- Extremely well equipped, to the point of being walking armory. Having his own company with R&D, he's known to sport gadgets that wouldn't be out of place on Batman's utility belt. That and very well supplied first aid kit.

- He's rich. He doesn't need to be paid.:roll:

I'd only be comfortable with that premis if an Applejack rper signed off on it, I don't just want assumed motives here, Not to mention Pink Lady is hiring people, and she's not about to just hire someone because AJ asked them to  keep an eye on her.

PL is a grown adult with her own business, so I can't see her willingly being babysat like a child.

12 hours ago, QuickLime said:

I'd only be comfortable with that premis if an Applejack rper signed off on it, I don't just want assumed motives here, Not to mention Pink Lady is hiring people, and she's not about to just hire someone because AJ asked them to  keep an eye on her.

PL is a grown adult with her own business, so I can't see her willingly being babysat like a child.

Well,l that's the thing - Lady wouldn't get the true motive for Squall's joining. After all, Apple ponies are stubborn.

That said I understand your reasoning, you thread and your rules. If it rubs you wrong way, I can just as easily change Swift's motivation to fit in.

8 minutes ago, Ciraxis said:

Well,l that's the thing - Lady wouldn't get the true motive for Squall's joining. After all, Apple ponies are stubborn.

That said I understand your reasoning, you thread and your rules. If it rubs you wrong way, I can just as easily change Swift's motivation to fit in.

If a rich pony showed up and said he'd work for free, that's a lil sus, because she's not a charity case and already has a relativity strong team, so yeah if you want to tweak the motivation to something more fitting,  I'll consider  your joining again :)