Angels on the Airwaves (Open)

PyroBlaze

AddText_01-24-12_19_44.png.57273ad11fb13

Well, this had been an entirely uneventful day so far. Angel was lounging on a cloud over Ponyville, watching the residents go about their day. Things had been quiet for the mare recently, and while she did enjoy this town, it could get a bit boring at times. Ah well, that was part of reason she loved this town. Nice and peaceful most of the time, gives a good contrast to her adventuring. She was wearing the armor, but the blades were retracted for now and her chain was wrapped around her hoof. 

The pegasus zony rolled over onto her back, watching the sky for a bit and settling in for a bit of a nap unless something happened around here.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloudy_Skies_edit.png            Jasper_by_Rainbowfoxxie.png           iggy_small.png

Cloudy Skies                  Jasper Dragon          Azure "Iggy" Ignine

There was the sound of a powerful blast of magic, followed by a loud clattering sound. If Golddigger looked in the direction it had come from, she would see a peculiar group gathered around a table in the nearby park - a hippogryph, a dragon, and a kirin, the latter having apparently cast the spell.

Suddenly the magic exploded from the mirror, making time seem to completely stand still, then waves of energy came out, first red, then orange, followed by yellow, next was green, afterwards was blue, and finally purple.

After that every pony in town started resonating one color or another

Finally, the glow stopped, and time resumed, the whole thing having only lasted a second or so, and most of ponyville didn't seem to even notice anything had happened...

...well except the three who were involved with the spell

"What in tartarus was that?!" exclaimed the 'griff

"I! I dont know!" exclaimed the kirin "It was supposed to be a divination spell to make the mirror answer questions!"

The dragon sighed "welp, looks like instead you cursed everycreature in town with the Chromatic Plague in stead, nice going iggy"

"WHAT?!" exclaimed iggy "nonononono!"

The dragon blinked "woah, woah, easy I was just joking, you know there's no such thing!"

"Yes there is! Its a horrible usually fatal disease!" she exclaimed

"...oh..." said the dragon

The griff sighed "nice going, jasper, we really needed her to panic more..."

"Panic?! This isn't Panic! I'm not panicking! Who's Panicking?! I only may have just infected the town with an insanely horrible decease! no need to panic!" exclaimed the kirin, hyperventalating loudly

((Just fyi: no, its not the "Chromatic plague" if that even really is a thing here....))

Angel’s eyes shot open at the sound of the magical blast, the mare blinking a bit before tilting her head to look at the source. She watched the strange group for a second before the colors exploded outwards and she fell off the cloud in surprise. 

She flew over to them, tilting her head at the words being spoken, and speaking up once the three had finished. “Chromatic Plague? I know plagues are never good, but never heard of that one. Anything I can do to help?”

The trio all looked a little surprised when this new pony showed up

Jasper broke the silence first, also trying to keep things a little calmer, knowing it wouldn't take much more for iggy to completely freak out and burst into flames "Nice ink, little hard to see but wild design" he said to the pegasus

Iggy just facehoofed "we dont have time for this!"

"Iggy, iggy, calm down" said cloudy, placing a claw on her soldier "we dont know what happened, but I doubt its any kind of plague"

"Yeah" said jasper "Plague spells are probably way too complicated, you'd botch it up a dozen times over"

Cloudy frowned "Not hel-"

But to the griff's suprise, Iggy actually laughed a little "your probably right"

Jasper grinned triumphantly while cloudy looked confused

Iggy shook her head, looking at the pegasus "Sorry you had to see all that" she said "I'm Azure Ignine, 'Iggy' for short, these are my friends Jasper the dragon, and Cloudy Skies the Hippogriff"

both waved as their names were called

"What we need to do is figure out what happened" said iggy "did you see anything up there from the clouds that we didn't see down here?"

“Ink? No, I’m half zebra, those are all natural.” She chuckled slightly at the dragon’s words, listening as they went back to talking amongst themselves. Angel shrugged to herself, looking around while half-listening until the introductions started. 

“Name’s Gold Digger. Or Angel, if you’d rather. Nice to meetcha all.” She smiled, nodding at the three. “Not sure, wasn’t really watching at first. Saw a bunch of colors explode off it, not that much really happened visually, and so far nothing else seems to have really happened.”

All three of them looked at her a little surprised, no doubt both because of her ancestry and also her contradictory names

"Interesting, your the first half-zebra I've met, if you dont mind I'd like to ask you some questions about it" she paused "later I mean" the last part seemed to be added after she realized this was not the time to be getting distracted by shiny new scientific studies. she closed her eyes and took a deep breath to focus "Ok, first we need to figure out what happened, we should casually check around and see if anycreature is acting unusual, both observing them and if we can be casual about it..." she glanced at Jasper "...asking them if they've noticed anything strange this morning"

"Hey, I'm more casual than you were last time! You ran around assuring everycreature that things were 'perfectly fine'... or should I say you ran around screaming it..."

Iggy's eyes narrowed as a few wisps of steam rose from her head...

Cloudy's claw went to his face "Focus... focus..." he said

Iggy once again took a deep breath to help calm down "Right... Angel, if you'd like to help, then do a fly-over of ponyville and look for anything suspicious... well... more suspicious than normal..." feeling the need to clarify since there was ALWAYS something weird happening in ponyville... "And despite the chances... keep an eye open for anypony who's bleeding or vomiting rainbows... I dont want to overlook the chance this really is chromatic plague"

"Sure thing, I guess. Dunno how much I could answer about it, but feel free later." She nodded to Iggy's words before they got back on the track of figuring out if anything happened to the residents. When it came to something she could do to help out, she nodded and raised off the ground to go on her flight.

"Right, I'll go do some recon then. And keep an eye out for those symptoms, I guess." Angel nodded to the group before taking off fully to look for things that could be related to whatever magic they were trying to do.

Unsurprisingly, as the Zebasus flew around the town, she wouldn't notice anything unusual, everypony seemed to be going about their usual day, nothing seemed out of the ordinary... until she got to the schoolyard...

A few minutes after she came in sight of it, she'd see the fillies and colts having lunch, then all of a sudden a certain magenta-maned orange filly ran for the trashcan and proceeded to heave. After a few of these, she looked up and there were rainbows dribbling down her chin and out her nostrils, and she looked quite ill as tears ran from her eyes...

Angel hummed to herself as everything seemed normal at first, though of course that was not meant to last. She frowned at the sight of the filly, but given the context she was skeptical as to it's source. This called for a closer look... To that end, she swooped down, landing a little far from the filly just in case.

"Hey, kid, what's the matter? Trying to eat rainbows or something?" She asked, looking the small pegasus over just in case. Seemed familiar, maybe she'd seen them around town before... "You Scootaloo? Seem to meet the descriptions I've heard."

Scootloo coughed several times, before panting "r...rainbow..." she murmured, then she threw her head back and yelled "RAINBOW DASH!!!"

And as one would expect a nearby cloud exploded as Dash laughed so hard

"NOT FUNNY!" yelled scootaloo, coughing again from the spicy residue, and in fact burying her head in the trash again for another round

Dash though was laughing so hard she probably didn't see or hear the reaction

“Well, everything seems fine here then... I guess. Hang in there, kid.” Angel shrugged, moving over to pat Scootaloo on the back a couple times before taking to the air again. She could appreciate a good prank, but this was not the time for that for her, she had to figure out what was going on. 

“Yo, Rainbow. See anything weird lately? Like past hour? Seems there was a magical mishap over there, so trying to see what it actually did.” Angel asked as she hovered near Rainbow’s cloud, gesturing towards the park the trio had been in. 

Dash was still laughing but managed to calm down a little "I.. I've been here all... morning" she said between her laughs "I switched squirt's... juicebox... with one I... filled with... liquid rainbows!" she laughed again, though this time when scootaloo vomited, dash's ear twitched and her laughter slowed down and stopped quickly "...I... er... I might have over done it, huh..." she said, her ears falling back as she realized she'd made a big mistake with her prank

She sighed, her spirit broken for now "if there was something magical that happened, it was probably discord or sompony at the friendship school... starlight or maybe trixie... probably trixie, she keeps biting off more than she can chew with her spells" clearly dash completely missed the point and thought that angel was looking for the source of a magical mishap instead of the effects of one

“Yeah, probably. I’d apologize if I were you.” Angel said, glancing back towards the filly momentarily. “Anyways, I already know who did it, I’m trying to figure out what they did. Seems you don’t know anything about it anyways, so guess I’ll see you around.”

With that, unless someone said something to keep her there, she’d move on and canvas the rest of town before trying to find the trio again. 

((eh... that's kinda the only bit I came up with... I mean you can go talk to trixie about it if you want or something, but honestly, its not going to take iggy much thinking to puzzle out what happened... >.< like I said I'm kinda running on empty plot-wise right now... T_T))

Dash sighed "yeah..." she said " 'later" and hopped down off the cloud gliding down to scootaloo and putting her hoof on the filly's sholdier. whatever she said was too quiet for angel to hear but it seemed to be calming down the filly, even if she was still coughing a bit and looked a bit ill... at least dash learned her lesson... maybe... at least for a day or two...

Angel smiled slightly as she watched Dash apologize. She didn’t stick around too long though, soon enough flying off and eventually returning to Iggy, touching down nearby. 

“Well, everything looks fine. Only thing I found was a prank going a little too far.” Angel reported, stretching a bit. 

As she was flying past she might notice something unusual... one of the doors on an upper tower of the old castle was open... and if she glanced inside she would see hoofprints in the dust that covered the floor, not to mention hear a quiet voice from somewhere deeper inside....

Angel slowed to a stop near the window, moving closer to investigate. She hummed slightly at the sight of the hoofprints, her ear twitching at the faint voice. Curious, she moved in quietly, staying in the air to make less noise as she moved towards the voice. Who could be skulking around in here now? And why go through the window?

((er... it was a door, not a window...))

As she entered the voice would slowly become more clear "...really let this place go to waste now... its so sad..." 

if angel ventured further she would eventually come to the throne room with the seven thrones - each displaying the mark of the elements of harmony plus the small unmarked throne sitting adjacent to the larger one reserved for the Element of Magic, a cloaked figure was standing there in the shadows, since the lights were not lit, a hoof gently caressing the table in the center, causing it to spart a few times with magic before it properly activated, showing the world as they knew it, though the images was fuzzy and seemed to flicker now and then. Clearly whatever spells were woven into the table had not been used in a long time and were, at best, taking some time and effort to return to their full power, or, at worst, the time it had spent inactive had damaged the spells and it was not functioning fully.

The cloaked figure was staring at the table, seemingly not noticing the zebasus.

(Sorry, must’ve misread it, my bad.)

Angel continued following the voice, her brow furrowing as she caught some of the words. Eventually reaching the room in question, she watched the cloaked figure seem to investigate the magic table thing. This was weird. The hooved creature, presumably a pony, and likely a pegasus or unicorn judging by the entry point, broke in here to look at a magic table? Nothing against the table, but there were easier ways to find a map of the known world. 

After a little bit, she landed and cleared her throat to get the figure’s attention. “Care to explain?”

The figure chuckled "Gold digger.. oh, I'm sorry, you prefer Angel, don't you?" said the figure as a bright glow was seen from within the hood

The table began to glow brightly and magical holograms appeared, showing all six elements of harmony in their respective thrones, along with Spike the dragon int he smaller one, Though silent, a scene began to play out, though at an extremely fast speed

"This table has a great power, connected to all of our world, it can sense disharmony, and it once sent champions to counter it, to bring the land together"  she paused "But that is not what you were asking, was it?" 

The figure's hood glowed and was pulled back to reveal a likely familiar purple mane with a magenta stripe, along with a crown atop the figure's head, as she turned, the full visage of Princess Twilight came into view, an unseen wind blew the cape back to reveal the princess in her full glory, who merely smiled at the zebasis for several moments untill the wind faded and the cape fell back onto Twilight's back, she glanced at the table and the magical holograms of her friends "I have fond memories of this castle, of ponyville, of all its residents. I enjoy coming back here on occasion to reminisce and reflect on those simpler, yet happier times"

Angel raised an eyebrow as the figure said her name. How did they, likely a mare based on voice, know her name? She tensed up a bit as she watched the table start to do its little show. The figure’s reveal certainly explained some things, and Angel relaxed again. 

“How do you even know me though? I don’t think we ever met, and I don’t think I’m famous like you are. Also, why not go in the front door? This place still belongs to you, right?” Angel asked, tilting her head curiously at Twilight. 

Twilight smiled "Ponyville holds a special place in my heart. I may have been whelped and raised in canterlot, but it is here that I met all my friends, and we went through so many adventures... you might say that I was born in canterlot but I was reborn in ponyville" she explained, but at the second question she sighed and shook her head "That would be too... distracting... for the town" she paused "everypony here has their own life and responsibilities, but almost all of them would drop those things in an instant if I were to return... partly from worry that the world was in danger yet again" she smiled a little at the thought "I care for my subjects, I do not want to cause them trouble, and my sudden reapearance here would do just that"

"...and despite being princess of equestria, she's still a huge ball of nerves and has enough butterflies in her stomach to fill the everfree..." came another voice from behind angel

"Spike!" chastised the alicorn, though Twilight actually blushed at his comment, making it clear that even if she had taken over the mantle of "wise unfallable god-queen" from celestia and luna, deep down Twilight was still that socially awkward unicorn that was drug to this town all those years ago... well slightly better...

The familiar dragon was leaning on the door, wearing his own cloak that matched Twilight's - no doubt he had been walking through the castle reminiscing himself

Well, at least the answer to the second question made some sense to her. She still wasn’t sure how Twilight knew her, but it didn’t matter too much really. Probably had heard something about her from another resident or something like that. 

Angel smirked at Spike’s words, chuckling as she looked over at him. She nodded a greeting to him before turning back towards Twilight. 

“Still, wouldn’t reminiscing about good times with friends be better with those friends there with you? You’re lucky your friends stayed mostly around here, mine kinda scattered. Guess that’s bound to happen when you all go on a journey together to see the world. Can’t really blame them either, I didn’t exactly stay near my hometown either.” She shrugged to herself as she finished talking. 

Twilight sighed "My friends all have their own lives. Part of what I remember so fondly was none of us having much responsibility so we could just all get together anytime we wanted... now, outside of our annual meetings, we cant really carve any time out that we're all free. It would be wrong of me to ask them to take away from what they're doing anyway. So I come here myself, remember the good times, sometimes I fly over the town or walk through it invisible, just to see how things have changed or stayed the same..." she smiled "I daresay, history it seems is setting up to repeat itself with your new friends"

"I doubt Rainbow has anything going on, I saw her pranking Scootaloo at the school earlier." Angel shrugged again, letting Twilight continue. It seemed odd to walk around invisible like that, but oh well. When Twilight turned the conversation to Angel's friends, she tilted her head confused.

"Whaddya mean?" She asked, watching the alicorn curiously.