Angels on the Airwaves (Open)

PyroBlaze

Twilight smiled "knowing rainbow, she's probably taking a break or procrastinating, she IS a wonderbolt after all"

Spike rolled his eyes, clearly seeing this as Twilight making excuses...

"I mean the trio you met today, I've heard about them. Azure shows great promise but is a little impulsive with her magic... she reminds me of myself when I was first learning magic, she has a powerful gift if she can simply learn to control it better" explained the alicorn "I hadn't even arrived yet and I felt the shockwave from her spell"

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ah, alright then. Speaking of, any idea what her spell actually did? She's a little worried about causing some kind of chromatic plague." She chuckled, rubbing the back of her neck a bit. "Haven't seen anything yet, but not exactly a magic expert, so I dunno. Also, know anything about them? We didn't talk much before heading off to see what happened."

Twilight smiled, there was a hint of mirth in her eyes "Chromatic plague?" she asked, shaking her head in amusement "Azure will figure out soon enough what happened. Learning from your mistakes is the best way to grow, but I will lay your worries to rest, it is not any sort of magical illness. Had she indeed summoned such a thing, I would not be here speaking to you, I would have taken action immediately to reverse it. Besides, such foul magic is near impossible to cast on accident, even I myself would have to spend considerable time purposefully crafting such a spell" Though the way she spoke, it was clear she was leaving out something in her explanation, though she was speaking of a very powerful and evil magic, so that was to be expected

"Learning about your friends is the best way yo become closer. I would be a poor princess of friendship if I did not encourage you to get to know them" she paused "if you are worried about anything though, you dont need to be, they are all good creatures"

"Fair 'nuff." Angel nodded, humming slightly at the info about the spell. That was good to know, at least, that there was no big threat coming from this spell. She wasn't entirely sure what to do now, or what to really say.

"Guess I'll leave you to it then, unless you wanna talk about anything else." She shrugged, looking between the two for a moment. "Should probably get back to Azure, report the lack of obvious effects."

Twilight smiled "Farewell" she said, as her horn glowed

Angel would likely be surprised that when she blinked she was no longer in the castle at all, but rather standing behind the trio from before, though they seemed to have not seen her or heard the teleport... though she had not heard one herself, perhaps Twilight had used some silent teleport spell, no doubt specifically so none of them would notice the spell had happened at all.

Angel blinked a couple times as she suddenly found herself in a new location, looking around to orient herself before moving towards the trio. That was weird, being on the receiving end of a teleportation spell like that. At least it took her where she wanted to go anyways, saved her some time searching for the trio.

"Hey you three. Couldn't find anything weird caused by whatever magic you did, so looks clear on that front. Found Rainbow Dash going a bit hard on a prank though, fed Scootaloo rainbows." Angel shrugged, waving at the three when they turned towards her.

The trio seemed to jump ever-so-slightly, but turned to listen as angel spoke

Iggy didn't speak at first, but seemed a little relieved

Jasper winced and shook his head "I'm a dragon who literally breathes fire and that stuff is too hot for me... that Rainbow pony is brutal..."

Cloudy nodded

Iggy finally spoke up "ok, so at worst it seems like there's an incubation period before the plague sets in" clearly she was still more than a little scared she had just doomed the town, or atleast made them all intensely sick... she really was hard on herself "I've already been researching how to cure it" she said, nodding to a book that was left open on the table "I just... I dont know if I can handle a spell like this..."

She wasn’t entirely sure Twilight would want her to say anything about their little meeting, but whatever. 

“You know, I also found Twilight skulking around her old castle. She didn’t say much about the spell, but seemed sure it didn’t cause any plagues, so I wouldn’t worry about that part of it.” Angel shrugged, trying to calm the kirin down a bit. 

What would no doubt surprise Angel was that Cloudy and Jasper both grimaced when she spoke about her adventure in the castle

Iggy sighed "Well thats A relief I-" she froze "t-t-twilight? Princess Twilight?!!?" her eyes were absolutely sparkling as she leapt up and ran towards the castle at an incredible speed, leaving burning hoofmarks in her excitement

"I think now would be a good time to inform you... Iggy has a bit of an obsession with the princess" said Cloudy

"We already have several unofficial restraining orders from members of the castle staff..." groaned jasper as he lowered his head in shame

Cloudy sighed "we better go check on her, she's bound to do something stupid"

Jasper nodded

“Yes, she certainly seems to.” Angel responded to news of the obsession, watching the kirin race off. As the suggestion of going after her cake up, the mare nodded too before taking to the air. 

“Yeah, lets go get her then.” She said, following the tracks. 

When they got closer, iggy was already banging on the doors and calling out for Twilight. There was of course no response...

Suddenly iggy's eyes and horn lit up as flames began swirling around her

"Iggy! Dont!" called Cloudy

"You stupid dragon-horse your gonna get yourself killed!" shouted Jasper, perhaps hoping that an insult might penetrate iggy's head better than works of kindness... or perhaps he was just angry... dragons tended to be rather abrasive at the best of times, and Jasper was no exception...

Iggy didn't seem to hear them as the flames completely encircled her and compressed until she vanished.

moments later there was hte sound of an explosion inside the castle and a window shattered outward, releasing a huge gout of fire...

Cloudy sighed, glancing at angel "Iggy's teleportation is... not perfect yet..."

" 'not perfect'? Your giving her way too much credit" said Jasper with a sigh, looking at the shattered window and the smoke coming from it... they were going to be is so much trouble....

Angel was going to say something, but Iggy teleported before she could, so all that came out was a sigh. She immediately flew up to the previously open door to use that, moving on to the broken window if the door didn’t work. Either way, once inside she started searching quickly, starting with the room Iggy teleported into. 

“Iggy! Calm down! Twilight probably left already! I doubt her schedule left all that much time for this little visit.” Angel called out as she searched. 

When she got into the room, it was not a pleasant sight...

The banners on the walls were still burning, along with quite a few pieces of furniture, though some stronger magic seemed to keep the castle itself from collapsing, though given the fact it was built almost entirely out of crystal, it was probably impervious to fire...

The floor held a massive circular scorch-mark that went up as high as several feet up the walls, and sitting int he center, head hung low, was Iggy, looking miserable... though whether she had realized how much damage she had caused or was simply upset at not seeing Twilight was up for debate...

Angel gave a low whistle at the sight of the destruction, slowing to a stop as she saw Iggy sitting there. After a moment of silence, she made her way over to the kirin and wrapped a hoof around her. 

“Hey Iggy, you ok? Need anything?” She asked as she sat next to her friend, pulling her close. 

Iggy was silent for several more seconds before speaking stiltedly "is... is this... why?" she asked, quietly "Is why the Princess wont speak to me... because every time I get excited... I destroy everything around me...?"

clearly iggy had realized his how much damage she had caused and while her current state did still tie into twilight, it at least wasn't front and center... though if Angel didn't approach this situation carefully, iggy's reaction could be devastating in any number of ways including but not limited to violent magical outburst or crippling emotional scars...

"Well, when I talked to her earlier, she seemed to have nothing but positive things to say about you. Something about seeing herself in you, I think." Angel said gently, still holding the kirin in the little sideways hug thing she had started. Hopefully she could pull Iggy out of this little funk, maybe keep the lesson about using fiery teleports, especially into flammable areas.

Iggy sighed "I dont think she ever burned down a castle just be teleporting in..." she said, watching one of the burning banners fall to the ground as its support rope succumb to the flames, but she seemed a little less depressed. No doubt the fact Twilight had spoken kindly of the kirin helped. Iggy finally returned the hug "I'm sorry... I got carried away..." Angel would feel warm tears falling onto her shoulder, iggy likely fully realizing how much trouble she'd caused with just this one careless use of her magic.

((the sad irony is that this is the only way iggy can teleport... granted she can refine it so she doesn't burn down any building she's teleporting into, but at the least she'll always leave a scorch-mark... it's just part of her being a kirin))

Angel fell silent, transitioning to a full hug when she felt the tears. She patted the kirin on the back a couple times to try and comfort her. 

“Hey, it’s fine, everyone makes mistakes. All this is just stuff, no pony got hurt. Just learn from the mistake and do better next time, that’s all anyone can ask for.” She said softly, holding the hug longer. 

Iggy smiled "Thank you" she said "Yeah, I guess your right, nothing really bad happened"

"-WHY ARE WE UNDER ARREST?! WE DIDN'T DO THIS!!!"

Iggy sighed "I had to tempt fate by saying that didn't I?" she asked, holding tight to angel again, trying to gather up the mental strength to go face the trouble she caused

Angel chuckled slightly at the timing, holding Iggy until the kirin felt good enough to break it herself. She kinda wanted to go save the others, but she was already here saving Iggy, so one thing at a time. She wasn't really looking forwards to facing those guards or whatever, but she did want to help out Cloudy and Jasper.

Iggy held on a few more seconds before she let go and stood up "I suppose we should go out there" she paused "You'll probably want to either stand really close or really far away for this..." the flames began to materialize again... Iggy seemed to think the best way to head outside, near several living creatures she (hopefully) wanted unharmed... was to use the same magic that just all-but destroyed the room she was standing in... Wisdom and Knowledge clearly were at a bit of a disconnect right now... though given what iggy just went through it was more understandable... at least a little... maybe...

Twilight did warn angel about iggy's overzealous use of magic...

“Ah, maybe we should just use the door.” Angel said as she saw the magic charging up. Flying over towards the door, she began pushing it open, leading Iggy out towards the others. She really didn’t want them in more trouble than they were already in, and a fiery explosion near other ponies would likely do that. 

The flames instantly vanished and iggy blinked "how did you get it open? when I tried before it was locked..."

Meanwhile, outside the guards were trying to arrest cloudy and Jasper, both of which were putting up quite a fight, or, well, were being an annoyance... cloudy was flying circles around the guard trying to apprehend him, while jasper without fail kept sending the guard who was after him, onto the ground with a series of throws and sweeps. Never actually hurting the guard, but no doubt bruising the guards ego quite a lot...

“I... unlocked it? I’ve seen doors like this before, it’s easy from the inside.” Angel said, tilting her head at Iggy. Lots of doors had ways to lock or unlock without a key from inside the room. 

In any case, she turned her attention to the scene before them and chuckled slightly, shaking her head. “You guys having fun?”

Jasper and Cloudy grinned and quickly returned to iggy's side

"There are more of you? What kind of twisted plan is this??" asked one of the guards

"You think you can take all four of us on?" asked Jasper with a grin only befitting a savage carnivore such as a dragon, though considering how the fight before involved him taking care not to harm the guard, this was clearly just intimidation... hopefully...

The guard frowned "The princess will hear of this! She wont take kindly to a group of thugs destroying her old home!"

"Thugs? us?" asked cloudy "Were I less forgiving I'd rip out your tongue for that"

Iggy frowned, this was not going to end well if she let her male friends continue this overly macho act, on the other hoof, if she just gave herself up, they'd all probably end up in prison... this was a very bad situation... the kirin glanced over at the zebasus, letting angel be the deciding factor in how they handled this...