Hippo

The Seabourne Identity (Open: PM for invite)

Smolder kept close to the soggy griffon, but not too close. She knew he would be very uncomfortable if she was right on top of him while they were in the water.  She had remembered their first visit in the underground, where they faced their fears. Compared to the others, her challenge was very tame. Silverstream had to face a version of the Storm Lord. Gallus' challenge was so severe, it slightly disturbed the dragon, and she normally didn't have any issues with tight spaces. Tight spaces that wanted to crush you. Ouch. There were the others, but having tea with fancy mares in fancy dress was kind of lame. It was more the idea of her being caught. Still, nowhere near as bad as spiders or being stuck as Queen Chrysalis. Smolder also rocked that blue dress.

She kept an eye on her friend, making sure he did not have any panic attacks. Although she was not sure what she could down if this happened.  Thankfully she did not have to do anything as they were soon out of the water and in a cave.

"Eh.", she shrugged. "I lived in one during the majority of my life.", she made sure to ask Gallus, "Hey, when we're in the water and you have a freak out, is there anything I can do to not make you freak out..I had a few ideas, but those might freak you out even more...So.." She glanced about and checked for hoof-prints.
  • Like 2

large.png

Silverstream started humming to herself a song her mother sang to her when she was really little. Whenever Silverstream got sick or had a sore gill, she was comforted by the presence of her mother and the song that always came with her care and attention. Whenever she heard the song, it reminded her of home. Today she recited the melody as the bubbles continued to fill the artificial cavern, thinking to herself about how she might decorate it, where she would put her belongings, and what colors she would paint it, if any.

When she started humming the second verse of the song, she heard an avian gasp for air, followed by the sound of Gallus comically making his reaction known. She spun around as a seapony and faced him, holding her tail up to her chest like she was covering something up. "Gallus! Wha- what are you doing here!? Were you following me!?"

Behind him came Smolder, who popped out of the water and started looking around in the very dimly lit dome. "Smolder!? You, too?" How long have you been following me?"

81KtqmA.png

What to do when he was in the middle of an existential crisis, transfixed by his phobia? Ha! Well, first things first. "Well, one, don't remind me about it," he replied tersely, though it was crackling with nervous energy, clearly as a result of frayed nerves. "Sorry, sorry. I mean, I don't want to think about it. Once I get too deep in the water and start to feel that pressure it just reminds me of..." he shivered. "If you see me freeze up or start to panic, just keep me in the moment. As long as I can focus on how to get out of the situation, I should be okay," he said with a sigh as he continued walking forward. "Thanks for asking, by the-" he began before the object of their search was no longer the object of their search, but rather a very loudly responding Silverstream.

"Yes!" He responded quickly out of panic before chuckling, brushing back a wet forefeather as best he could. "Well, I mean, it'd be hard not to. You made a racket leaving the student quarters. We've been following ever since. Group used to be larger, but Smolder got hungry and wanted some snacks so," he snapped his claw, "no more Sandbar. Tragic, really," he said with a laugh before he continued his walkabout, looking around before giving voice to his thoughts. "So, are you building a pirate cover here? If you are, count me in. I saw this cool looking saber, think it'd look better strapped to me than some statue in a museum," he said before finishing his walkabout in front of Silverstream. "But I'm guessing this isn't a pirate cove. What are you doing down here, exactly?"

• Like 2

BhJBpyW.png?2

"Don't worry. While I normally find you hilarious when you safely freak out. Like when your beak curls up and you star to flailing your front legs about, but not when you're actually gonna get hurt...We can't have that..", she whispered for no reason. "And oh....there she is...", Smolder and Gallus finished their quest! Huzzah! Next mission, RETURN TO BED-MOUNTAIN.

When asked how long she was following the salty sea-pony, Smolder glanced down to pull up her long sleeve, so she may look at her watch. But what was this? She didn't own a watch and she was not wearing a shirt. She was naked. Wandering around in the school grounds with nothing but a frown on. "Um. Not a clue.", she shrugged, "Like Snuggles McCutebooty said, I was looking for snacks and I had to make sure our favorite blue bird of sappiness was safe..After the others decided it would be better for sleeps..So..."

She glanced around the cavern, "Pirate Cover?", she replied back with a smirk, "Please. This is gonna be the secret spot we take boys to for some secret smooches and even smoke a few cigarettes while we wear our black jackets, cause we're bad girls.", she added with a wink until...The dreaded...non-dragon emotions started to fill the orange beastie. Was this going to be a special, secret place just for Silverstream? One she could just relax and get away from it all for just a bit? Did Gallus just ruin this for her? Was Smolder completely not-guilty of this? They never arrest creatures who were accomplice to a crime! Or do they?
  • Like 2

large.png

Silverstream was stunned for lots of reasons, not the least of which was that a friend of hers not known for swimming found himself bubbling up and into her newly acquired underwater sphere. It would kind of perturb her that she couldn't necessarily get away from her friends because she was leaving such a mess in her wake, but the jokes from them disarmed any ability for her to be angry. She rolled her eyes at the idea that Sandbar was currently being digested in Smolder's belly. "Really!? No, you're joking! Um, yeah. This is a place I found under the school about a week ago."

Silverstream realized there was no easy way to explain this. Fortunately for her, she loved explaining things, and would proceed to go on a long tangent while in a dark underwater cave with only small glow stones lighting the room. In time, everyone's eyes would adjust. "So, for about a month I've been having a problem. I love being at the school and I love making new friends and learning about new things. But I realized that some day it'll all end, and we'll all be on our own, maybe even without each other. And it scared me. So I went to Councilor's Starlight's office to talk to her about it, and she recommended to me that I should make the most of it by trying to make as many connections as possible to improve the lives of the students that are here, and students that will come in the future." Starlight had actually suggested that times would change and thought Silverstream could use her energetic energy for the school, since she loved being apart of it. "She also told me I should live here!" She did not, however, tell her she could live here indefinitely. She implied that some student aides may become full time faculty even after they graduate, and Silverstream interpreted it as she could live here if she started helping others. "So I found this underwater area and decided to pull out some of the water with the bubble hose we used in Professor Pinkie Pie's workshop last Tuesday. And well...   here I am!" Silverstream said sheepishly. She knew her idea was awesome, but having to audibly explain it to her friends made her self-conscious of the reality of the project. She curled her ears back threw her fins up in an attempt to gain sympathy for her ambition.

• Like 2

81KtqmA.png

He rubbed the back of his neck, trying to keep the compliment from going to his head. She was being oddly affectionate for a dragon. Was this how dragons toyed with their [rey before killing them? A real shame if that was that. "Yeah, you know me. Reaaaal softie," he said with a quick shake of his head. "And if you're going to smoke cigarettes, don't wear leather. That smell sticks in really quickly  then you'll never get it out. Couldn't hang out with you then. You'd stink more than you do now. Somehow," he joked, making sure he had enough distance before he finished that part. He enjoyed Smolder's company and honestly she didn't smell that bad. Huge improvement! 

Speaking of improvements, Gallus couldn't help but copy Silverstream's eye-rolling, adding his own panache to it for effect. "Of course I'm joking," he looked over at Smolder as if it was a discussion they had before, "there isn't enough meat on his bones to satisfy a griffon, let alone a dragon," he said with a disappointed sigh. The trials of predators, right? he hoped it was easing any tension. She just wanted this to go smoothly, and how smooth it was about to go!

The fact she just found this sparked so many questions in his mind. How many other secrets could one school ground possibly contain? A path to the tree of harmony- a tree that was, by the way, miles away in a forest- was already crazy. How could he have guessed that? Impossible. And now there was a secret cove-cave and it was a place that Silverstream had only recently discovered. Next Yona would find a forest full of things to Smash, Smolder would find free-range lava, Ocellus a lake for her to have her ongoing identity crisis in, and then Sandbar could accidentally find himself a winning personality. This was truly a magical school. One that he knew he didn't want to leave either, not really, a sentiment he knew now was very well shared.

He didn't want to return to Griffonstone, and his life had been Griffonstone and the school. Everything positive that had occurred in his life had been as a result of this school. Friends, a real education, self-confidence, possibilities- maybe even more. Griffonstone? That place represented stagnation and general awfulness. Every part of him well understood his classmate's and fellow avian's desire to remain here. He didn't have the heart to correct her as to the meaning of Starlight's statement, because he wanted to believe in the fantasy too. "Well, sounds like a fun enough plan. Why didn't you tell us, though?" he asked, eyebrow arched. "I mean, you know we'd help you, right?"

• Like 1

As Silverstream spoke, the young dragon glanced around the area. She removed some of the water? Wouldn't that cause a horrible sinkhole? Wait! How did she know this? Why did she know this?

It took her a second to realize this was from her last class with Professor Applejack. She said, "Sinkholes are formed when the land surface above collapses or sinks into the cavities or when surface material is carried downward into the voids. Sinkholes can be triggered by pony activities such as overwithdrawal of groundwater." Oh no. She said it more like "Sinkholes ahr formed whe-yn thuh land surface above collapses or sinks into thuh cavities or whe-yn surface material is carried downward into thuh voids! Howdy! Sinkholes kay-yun be triggered by pony activities such as: overwithdrawal awf guh-roundwater. There's a snake in mah boots!"  Much better!

"Well.", Smolder spoke up. "I've said it before. Pony-life has spoiled me rotten. I can't go back to living in a cave after sleeping on a bed. Or being able to bathe in privacy and not hearing comments from other dragons just begging to get their butts kicked. Or going to book store and just chilling with a glass of chocolate milk while reading a book I didn't pay for or has that library-funk smell." Should she be drinking milk? She's not a mammal! Is that weird?

"As long as I don't do something stupid...er..", she eyeballed Gallus, "Fatally stupid, I mean." She did at least five stupid things a day at the least! "I'm gonna live a really really long time. So I can always hang around here for a hundred or so years...Maybe more if I don't get bored."

She smiled as the blue bird spoke. "Eh, I was just kidding. I wouldn't touch that stuff. Now drinking. I intend to do a lot of that. Especially after what I heard that this drake claimed he could make booze out of gems. Magic or something.", she huffed. "Supposed to taste like liquid rumppy-doodle. He said that, not me!", Smolder corrected, "And then he wiggled his claws together, tugged on his tie and rode away on his zeppelin. Actually, that might have been a fever dream I had last week." Or maybe after she ate that old potato salad on Sunday? She had some messed up dreams after that!

There would be three of them at least hanging around Ponyville. What about Fuzzy-Smash, Cute-Shifty, and that pony...What was his name? Hufflepuff? Ziggy? Duke Snooty the Fancypants? Harmonica Rachel, Mistress of the Iron Rail?

02dxjhJ.png?1
  • Like 1