Uneasy Hearts Neigh the Most (Closed:SteelEagle)

Hippo

9ZKKXOA.png

Remington continued to read into his books, but kept getting sidetracked by the fact that a cute filly he was smitten by was sleeping in his bed. How was a studious colt supposed to concentrate? But the music, right, that was helping him meditate on other things. Like doing homework, flipping pages of the book, and screaming at the top of his lungs. Although, he wouldn't do that, he knew what would happen if he had.

And that's when it hit him. What if somepony, like the mail carrier from a moment ago, were to help themselves in again? What if that roommate that he is supposed to have comes while Moonlight is passed out in his room. How does he explain it? Would they even believe him? Remington gasped quietly to himself. What if his roommate is another filly! Would they give him a filly roommate? Was that violating any rules? And if it was, then he was in trouble, because there is already a filly in his room.

Remington spiraled his thoughts out of control. He could not keep from panicking over the condition of his fillyfriend, even though he knew she would be fine. The imagination of accusations and consequences of this evening was constantly on his forethought, and he was unable to shake it. He was certainly not able to think about his homework. How does a colt in his situation remember the difference between a friendship agreement and an acquaintance promise when he is distracted with half of his heart beating at twice the rate it normally would.

The music continued to play though another song, and as Remington continued to stress about the situation, he began to exhaust his ability to focus. By the time the current song had ended, he was asleep, his head plastered sideways onto the desk he was sitting at. The turntable, however, continued to play through the album.

Spoiler
Only bangers from now on
Only angry mental moans
You foal, I'm rich
Splattered the bag, emptied the crypt
You foal, I'm rich
Flap like a flag, scripted to flip

How long could you keep up with all of it?
Before you jacked too many licks and caught something you couldn't kick? (Couldn't kick?)
It's no surprise you came and begged me for a second chance
Pathetic hat in hoof, now that I'm bulletproof

Give me substance, give me something

This is the moment you wish you'd woke
Before you proved to the world you're a stupid joke
Before you had your chance and totally choked
Before you tried to do me over
Honestly you've always known I'd prevail
It's biology and you were born to fail

Facts, just say it
No, you don't need to know
Feels, display them
Everyone's the goat

Now I'm around the world
Shredding for a full ovation
And you can trash my reputation
As you enjoy your long vacation

Give me substance, give me something

This is the song you wish you'd wrote
Before you proved to the world you're a silly joke
Before you had your chance and hilariously choked
Before you tried to do me over
Honestly you've always known I'd prevail
It's biology and you were born to fail

Ditch it fist, phony
Cancel all your fans
They're passed out at the pasture
Sucking up lifespan
You look just like a pony
But missing all the mare
When life becomes a burden
Just do something unfair

You were born to fail

• 3 weeks later...

Both of the ponies remained asleep. Occasional tossing and turnings happened inadvertently between both of them. It was unclear whether or not they were dreaming with each other, but they both seemed troubled in their unscheduled slumbers. The music continued to play, several of the lyrics illustrating harsh views by the songwriters about reality and relationships. Though the style of music being played off the vinyl record would be considered edgy, it was still not intense or loud enough to wake the sleeping students.

Spoiler

When your apathy's gone sadistic
And you've discarded truth
All of your work is worthless
Now you're dancing with doom
Your ego runs rampant
And tells you you're screwed
So I tried to watch the witness
And I found out I'm you

We got addicted to the what could go wrong?
I think I'm living right if you just play along
We got addicted to our lonesome theme song
Plans for the planet, we're done, run!

I'm your prison, won't you listen?
Give me back your pride

Don't depend on me, a let-down forever
Stop defending me, we'll go down together
Stop defending me, we'll go down together (Go down together)
We'll go down together (Go down together)

When your apathy's gone sadistic
And you've discarded truth
All of your work is worthless
Now you're dancing with doom
Your ego runs rampant
And tells you you're screwed
So I tried to watch the witness
And I found out I'm you

It won't need us right after we've fed
It enough, let's just hope it's our dad
You think a genius got shit on this lad
Load up the lantern and let there be

Unconditionally dependent
Love is hard to find

Stop defending me, we'll go down together
Stop defending me, we'll go down together (Go down together)
We'll go down together (Go down together)

• 3 months later...

The two ponies continued sleeping for several minutes. Remington tossed his head around occasionally with discomfort from unknown reasons. The record continued spinning, playing song after song.

Spoiler

You're just in denial and with the wrong one
Love don't make you crippled or enslaved
You're just in denial and with the wrong one
Job description ain't the one who saves

I can still see my former reflection
Behind my new complexion
I just need to be alone

Why do people stare? Are they noticing you're there?
Swap me for my clone, and don't touch me when I'm stoned

I’ll be my old self again soon
I just need time to unwind
Smash my demons with cold fiction
Until they’re all catechized

I need reminded
Recognize it
Thinking doesn't know
Another night, another night, another night alone
Minimize or dramatize, it stops, it starts, it goes
Another night, another night, and no one even knows

Did you notice I’m normal?
Take a look, babe, I’m normal

Uh uh hi
How do I say hi to another guy when I wanna die
Why?
Uh hi
Why don't you say hi, we’re all alive, I guess that's nice, don't wanna die
Hi
It's nice to be alive, don't wanna die, you should say hi, I won't lie
Hi
But first I'm saying hi to say I tried to stay alive

Who the heck's recording this
I never gave my full consent
There's sounds I make I can’t defend
Or show them to my mom

I grapple, I paddle, I clutch
More thinking, more sinking, more mud
How many holes have I dug?
More thinking, more sinking, more mud

Spoiler

All you do is take
You can have it all
Caught
In your web, I’m caught
Catch me when I fall
Stare
Kill me with your stare
All I do is follow
Care
Do you even care
If I’ll be there tomorrow?

A medical dependency to you
There’s nothing shameful that I wouldn’t do
A medical dependency to you
There’s nothing shameful that I wouldn’t do

I must have killed that bit

we should have stayed in Equestria

Too much I spent, my shape got bent

I'm just a silly stallion

I spilled my beans

'cause I'm a fiend

and I can't fly this galleon

Undertow

All those thoughts you think don't even matter
Punch yourself, punch you in the face
All those thoughts you think don't even matter

If you don't care, you don't have to say

So take me for granted
I know I never really meant that much to you
All our memories will be erased
The only way, out is forward
As far away as I can get

Where to now?
What happened to my bucking purpose?
I am just a stone sinking
Broken and numb
Where to now?
The way you made me, made me worthless
Truth is in the end we all end up alone

Can you feel me?
Calling your name from the balcony seats
You left empty
Can you feel me?
Tearing apart everything we use to be

Don't forget to clap for plants
A napkin allergy
A skin graft treatment
Tried out comedy
Got ants in my pants

The night had matured and the dormitories had fallen silent with sleeping students and empty hallways. Though music was playing in Remington's room, it was not too loud to disturb neighboring dormmates. Eventually, the record began playing the final song on the album.

Spoiler

Surrender
Surrender
My walls melt in your gaze
Your sunshine clears the haze
Surrender

Am I good enough?
For your love
Make me believe that everything is good
Don't shoot a hole up in the sun
Turn it to gold and make it happy again
I feel it cut on my teeth
Don't let it shatter all around me

Do you really want to stay?
Do you even know you’ve lost yourself?
Walking cliche
Do you even know you’ve lost yourself?
Are you okay?

Ohh awesome
They're pimpin out the poorest
Forget about some forest
Ignore it
We're either getting saved or getting screwed
The quantum shit they're building, mare
You can't even understand
The possibilities are dropping in

Stick around get stuck
Stick around get stuck
You're a clown now
You're a clown now
Stick around get stuck

Climb that ladder
Sass don’t matter
Drip mad hatter
Watch it burn
Brew the earth up and put it in an urn
Light that thing up
Spin it watch it turn
Feels good to be the last generation
Cuttin xans in a space station
I'm not really cryin while I’m waitin
Let world end, pony I'm patient

The future no one's famous
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Version stupid crap
Hive named D.Y.L.A.N.
Don't you love a nap
Leaving the world behind
Happiness undefined
Leaving the world behind

After some time, the sleep aid accidently given to Moonlight would wear off and she would be allowed to wake. Whether or not Remington would be able to wake before that would happen remained to be seen...

Glitterbanner.png

Moonlight couldn't help but give out a small titter of concern, a chattering of her teeth, as she awoke. She was on her stomach, with her head at the bottom of the bed. Her right leg hind leg stuck out from the bed and hovered over the bedroom floor, next to a stain where some cherry soda once lived. Her mane was a mess and she had a headache- "Uggh, so grody. What happened?" She said as she looked around. Quickly she spotted Remington who was also asleep, his head on the desk, another can of soda nearby. She was not a genius nor was she a detective, but you didn't need to be a genius detective to solve this mystery: Clearly he was an evil colt who had drugged her but had fallen victim to the drugs himself. Evil Remington, very bad, hit with a stick.

Moonlight giggled. 
She knew better. A note from his mom told the tale and it made her roll her eyes at her own foolishness. Well duh, of course this would happen, right? She didn't remember if his mom had done this before but it was totally something she would do. Remmy's mother loved him oh so very much and she would never let her baby boy go without some sleep aids. Thank you for all the ammunition, Missus Remmy! "Oh, you will come to reeegreeeeet thiiiissss," she whispered playfully into his ear, giggling as she looked around his room. She'd just poke around. It was the least he could do after drugging her!

• Hearthoof 1

• 1 month later...

9ZKKXOA.png

Remington had few recollections of dreams. He vaguely remembers dreaming as a young colt, but sometimes wondered if he had just convinced himself that he dreamt or made up a crazy dream in order to impress others instead of receiving that strange look after he reveals he doesn't think he's ever dreamed. It was always contrary to his understanding of them though, as he always loved the idea of the dreamscape, his admiring of Princess Luna, and the magic involved in unconscious thought. It was his gift, and one he never asked for.

Remington mumbled slowly awake. After one second, he remembered where he was. After another, he looked to see Moonlight's spot on the bed was empty. He quickly stood up, and turned around, seeing Moonlight awake and inspecting his room. "You're awake? I mean. You're awake! Oh, stratus, I'm sorry about that! I didn't realize that some of those sodas would have sleep aid in them. Are you alright?"

• Like 1

Glitterbanner.png

Moonlight nodded emphatically and with no small amount of faux anger. "Yeah, right! I bet you couldn't wait to lure me into your room and then, like, TOTALLY drug me. Oh my Celestia, this is so grody. What are you, some sort of weirdo?" She said as she took some steps back until she was against the door. It was fun to mess with ponies. She didn't know why it was so much fun to play around with ponies but she knew she liked being histrionic. She then sat down on her haunches and crossed her front legs over her chest, which was puffed out by the way, and looked away. "I think you need to take a friendship lesson on how to show a filly a good time without trying to drug them with, like, your mommy's super secret drug potion!" She ended in 'fury', putting a hoof in front of her forehead and falling  onto the floor dramatically.

After a few moments she started to giggle, then laugh, and she rolled onto her back. "You're gonna have to get me totes and totes of chocolate to make up for this, you know? Then I'm gonna get all, like, gross and fat and you're still gonna have to take me out on dates," she nodded with great fervor. "Or I dunno, something like that. But seriously, your mom puts drugs in your soda? Does that stuff really taste that bad to take on its own that she has to drug it for you? You need to tell her that your fillyfriend drinks it too."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

9ZKKXOA.png

Remington turn white. Eventually, he would see that Moonlight was exercising her sense of humor by antagonizing his motives in this situation, and even when he felt she was being hyperbolic, he continued to stress on what this would sound like to somepony else outside of this room. Or worse, what if one of the faculty members found out. His expression relaxed to a perplexed look as she advertised having to make up for it, including going on more dates. He raised his eyebrow until he felt like he had to defend himself from the trolling fillyfriend. "Oh no, I always knew that the soda had something in it that made me sleep. I guess my mom just got tired of giving it to me in a pill form, almost like she hated giving it to me more than I hated taking it. It's kind of like a soda with caffeine in it. You know, except opposite."

Remington remembered a time when a friend accidentally drank a sleeping soda when he was a young colt during a sleepover. His friend woke up and explained the craziest dreams he had. It prompted Remington to point it out to Moonlight. "Did you have any dreams? Not for me, but I know that others who drank it said they had nutty dreams with vivid memories after drinking one."

• Like 1

Glitterbanner.png

She toyed around with her empty can. Yeah, she should have known. Remington's mother was a worry wart that always looked out for her son. It made a lot of sense: His condition, while not dangerous on its own, could conditionally be so. So she had put a lot of effort into knowing when and how to medicate her son appropriately and lo and behold she had managed to sneak it into the most unusual place ever for a medication devoted to putting a pony to sleep: A drink better known for its ability to keep a pony up! "Pretty ingenious, gotta say. Is your mom, like, a super genius or something? Or does she know that you guzzle them down all grody like?" She asked as she started cleaning the room up, her magic lazing about as she found herself doing so absent-mindedly. She liked things clean, what could she say?

She was cleaning when he asked about dreams. Did she have any dreams? She felt like she had something. Certainly something. But, like most dreams, they were already started to filter out of her headspace and into the immaterial world in which all dreams would eventually lay, forgotten if not dead. It was different when she had been younger. Her mind seemed to hold onto dreams a lot easier. "Umm...I think so? Like, I remember playing, like, some sport thing. And I think I danced? With you?" She shrugged. "Something weird, I think."

• Like 1

9ZKKXOA.png

"Yeah, she knows I like soda. She is pretty smart." Remington's expression changed a little when Moonlight expressed her dreams in fragments. He quickly gave her a notepad and pen. "Don't worry about the mess right now. Try to remember and write it down if it helps to remember." Remington owed her an explanation. He had never gone too deep with her about his talents, or how his cutie mark came to be, but now would be as good of a time as any. "See I think, well, I'm pretty sure, I have a knack for interpreting dreams." He breathed deep and calmly in order to help Moonlight meditate herself. "Try to remember your dream. And most importantly, try to remember strange things that appeared more often. The details of the dream aren't really all that important, but what is important is reoccurring themes, images that repeat, and the general mood you had during the whole dream cycle." Remington pulled out a pen and paper for himself as well.

Glitterbanner.png

How dare he tell her not to worry about the mess. She was very worried about the mess. What type of colt wanted to live in smelly, icky squalor? Mind you nothing was smelly or icky just yet but it was the thought that counts. Allow just a few cans of this or that to lay about like they paid tuition and you were bound to grow up a slob. And she did not want to be dating a slob! Or maybe she just did all that because she wasn't much fancying the idea of some dream psychoanalyzing. Emphasis on the psycho. She didn't buy into that stuff all that much. Sure, sometimes you remembered dreams well enough to make the effort worthwhile but wasn't it otherwise just some vain project at trying to find meaning from as little as possible?

Luckily for him, she liked horoscopes.
"Okay, I'll try," she said as she took the offered utensils in her magic and trotted over to the guest bed, laying down on it and closing her eyes. As she did so, she pulled him closer and into position. If he wanted to be a psychoanalyzer doctor pony, he would have to assume the position. "We need to get you different glasses though. Ones that are only half covering the eyes, or round," she said as she snuggled her way into position fully.

She took a deep breath and tried to match it with his. Okay, time to try to remember the fading parts of her dream.
"Hmm...I remember trying to find you. I think you had tried to leave me at a waterfall. I was looking around, and, like, a lot of ponies just yelling a lot. And...I think we danced and ponies were angry, and then there was angry models, and I think angry stickballs. I also think you were trying to kill me? Or...maybe you were just singing a lot. Lots of angry yelling. Oh! Masks! There were masks, I think at a ball?"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Remington allowed Moonlight to reposition herself and control where he would have to sit next to her. It was comical that he would play the role of some kind of therapist, but he was geeking out on the idea of picking her brain by way of dream interpretation to notice the funny. He held a pen and clipboard and started writing plain notes. "Okay. A waterfall. Okay. Lots of yelling. Oh, angry? Interesting. Singing, but maybe angry, okay. And masks." Remington scribbled. "Okay. So the masks. There was like one or two? Like masks at a masquerade ball? Was everypony in the dream wearing one?"

• Like 1

Glitterbanner.png

She thought about it, shuffling in place as she tried to run it through her mind some more. She leaned on her forehooves as pillows, getting closer to him. "Hmm..I think maybe, like, a masquerade ball 'cause, like, everypony had masks on. Even you! Your mask was pretty cute, though," she giggled. "Oh, and I think we were in, like, a ship and it had a totally groddy crash. Oh, and there was a sport with...I think, like, sticks and balls? You swung the stick at the balls? Ball?" She furrowed her brow, then stood up. "Hey, I said you were trying to kill me and, wow, you totally didn't even care!" She looked horrified and shocked. Especially horrified! "Like, uggh. As if I could like like like somepony who wants to kill me! Gross!"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

9ZKKXOA.png

Remington was writing down frantically the dream as Moonlight expressed it. As she continued he raised his eyebrow higher and higher and the insanity of what she was explaining. Dreams are always a little wonky, but either Moonlight always has crazy dreams, or that soda sedative had an affect on her perceptions in R.E.M.

As he scribbled, he had some follow-up ideas that he stashed while she exclaimed about how he wasn't phased at the idea of her him killing her. He took it in stride. "So I wanted to kill you? What kind of weapon was I using. How did it make you feel? Did you continue to try to find me when it was happening? What kind of song was a singing?"

• Like 1

Glitterbanner.png

Moonlight didn't know how to respond to that for a few reasons. The first, she didn't really remember. Even now a lot of the memory that remained of the dream was fading into nothingness with only the starkest details remaining. even in the best case scenario it wasn't like she kept dream journals and worked hard to analyze her dreams, as stupid as they often were. She was a mare of the moment and right now her moment was not one built for contemplation, but growing frustration. First with his inability to flirt but most importantly now with his complete lack of attention given to anything but his little dream fetishism. What a Luna fancolt!

"Seriously, Remington?" She said as she tilted her head, "like, what are you- I don't remember any of that! And even if I did remember it, I would probably remember it all wrong 'cause, like, it was a dream and I never remember them! Never ever," she said as she put a hoof on the bed. "I mean, do you ever even like go, 'wow I remember everything' because that'd be pretty cool, but, like, also kinda weird and grody not gonna lie. Are you being weird right now?" She said tilted her head back on straight. "I don't know if I can kiss weirdos. Bad for my reputation."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Remington continued to zone out of Moonlight's annoyed signals and opted to focus on her recollection of the dream. It was a losing move, he knew, but he couldn't help himself. He knew that she would probably forgive him later, but the memories and ability to interpret a dream fade with time. He didn't want to give up just yet. "Ok, I understand, it's hard to remember. Let's get back to the masks. So you were wearing a mask at a party of some sort on a boat that crashed? Was I wearing a mask? Stick and balls, sports?" He talked out loud as he scribbled words down. "Models. Angry yelling. Waterfall, okay." Remington knew not to draw too much attention to detail, and instead of waiting for Moonlight to shed any light on her emotion in the dream, because it typically told more of the story. The objects in the dream were usually ancillary to the dream's purpose. The fact she was agitated made this harder for him to discern. Or maybe that was part of the dream, too? "How many masks were there?"

• Like 1

Glitterbanner.png

She gave a big huff. His complete non-engagement in anything she was saying was the least romantic, even just friendly, behavior ever experienced in the history of forever. He needed to really learn his friendship lessons because dear Twilight was he scoring negative points. But she'd play along because she was a good friend! "Hmph. I think a lot? Many masks? I don't really remember much about them. I just remember a lot of ponies wearing them, and I wore one, and like sometimes they would break. And there was singing, and no I don't remember what they were singing. I remember it all being totally super dramatic, and everypony was super tense. And angry, a lot of yelling and drama. It felt like one of those drama serials with the bad acting and everypony was talking like total dorks," she replied, squinting her eyes to try and focus her mind on the dream, but it was fading and fading fast. "That's pretty much it, professor dreamcolt. I can't really remember much else. Am I free to go?" She asked, rolling her eyes with a half-smirk.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Remington continued jotted down the memory of the dream Moonlight was trying to recollect. He was grateful for her patience, but he knew this would probably be as far as she would go. But as she kept explaining the details about the masks in her dream, Remington stopped writing notes and started staring to the side in thought. His intuitions were leading him in a very obvious path, despite the fading memory of his subject. However, his heart was very much still liking the proximity she was to him, in his room, with the door closed, late at night. Studying.

In all of the convictions Remington had, there was really only one thing he felt he could do, and it was to be honest about his analysis. The only trouble was in knowing how to deliver such a message to the filly of your dreams who gave you your first kiss less than an hour ago.

In the room, Remington's record of Prance Gavin Prance was still rotating, playing the last song on the album as indicated by the needle's approach to the end of the disc. The lyrics of the song had a repeating phrases that kept urging Remington to do what he felt was right. Stick around, get stuck. Though the lyrics of songs from this band were always up for interpretation, Remington's current interpretation was clear. Clear enough to put his notebook down, and explain to Moonlight something he hoped he wont regret. "You, uh. You kissed me before. I liked that." He paused, knowing she would given back a smile and cute comment he promised himself to resist. "I thought we could be something more than just friends. But, I feel like that might not be possible for us." What Remington wouldn't tell her is why. Which certain feels like an important detail in explaining his reasoning. Remington's conviction in his dream interpretation gave him a huge red flag, one that he knew most ponies wouldn't understand. Maybe he was a fool. Probably was. But he couldn't go against what he knew to be true. Moonlight was a cute filly. But he could not spend time with a filly who contained the context the dream she shared.

He would pause for her healthy reaction, but added, "If you want to go to your room now, that's fine. I would understand."

Spoiler

Surrender
Surrender
My walls melt in your gaze
Your sunshine clears the haze
Surrender

Am I good enough for your love?
Make me believe that everything is good
Don't shoot a hole up in the sun
Turn it to gold and make it happy again
I feel it cut on my teeth
Don't let it shatter all around me

Do you really wanna stay? Do you really wanna stay?
Do you even know you've lost yourself, walking cliché?
Do you even know you've lost yourself? Are you okay?

Oh, awesome
They're pimping out the poorest
Forget about some forest, ignore it
We're either getting saved or getting screwed
The quantum stuff they're building, man
You can't even understand
The possibilities are dropping in

Stick around, get stuck
Stick around, get stuck
You're a clown now, you're a clown now
Stick around, get stuck
Stick around, get stuck
Stick around, get stuck
Stick around, get stuck

Climb that ladder, bum don't matter
Drip Mad Hatter, watch it burn
Brew the earth up and put it in an urn
Light that thing up, spin it, watch it turn
Feels good to be the last generation
Cutting Xans in a space station
I'm not gonna cry while I'm waiting
Let world end, pony, I'm patient

Do you even know you've lost yourself, walking cliché?
Do you even know you've lost yourself? Are you okay?

The future, no one's famous. we're just a giant ass
haunches are made of foals, old was just a fad
Forget all the billions, version stupid crap
Hive named D.Y.L.A.N., don't you love a nap?

Stick around, get stuck
Stick around, get stuck
Stick around, get stuck
Stick around, get stuck
Stick around, get stuck
Stick around, get stuck

Leaving the world behind
Happiness undefined
Leaving the world behind
Stick around, get stuck

• 2 weeks later...

Glitterbanner.png

Of course he liked it when she kissed him. Who wouldn't? She may have been the best kisser of all time. Not that she had much experience with it but she felt pretty comfortable that anypony who was ever kissed her would go ahead and agree with that assessment. Especially dorks from Manehattan. "Well, I can't blame you. Too bad for you that, like, you won't get another mare to compare with," she winked and giggled, ready to start some more when he ABSOLUTELY WHAT

Was he breaking up a relationship that had kinda begun about an hour ago? Under what star was that legit?! Not any she was aware of! Total hookey! What had happened?
"But- wha- what did I-?" She blubbered in shock, her eyes watering because BETRAYAL HURT.

He had asked her up her, they kissed, then he DRUGGED HER, verbally BERATED HER to get her DREAM INFO, then dumped her! Was this a game? Did he totally invite her just to screw with her dreams and use them for his own evil gain!?
"Was it something I said? Totally unfair!"
Probably not. But she felt like it was possible. More importantly she felt embarrassed and angry. He was her first! She was his first! She didn't understand what the Tartarus was with him. She got up in a huff, magically grabbing anything she had brought and stuffing it into her mane with fury born of sadness and embarrassment.
"F-fine, if that's, like, what you want. Yeah, I think I'll go. " she said before wheeling around angrily, pointing a hoof at him. 

"But you started it! You said you, like, like like'd me, and I said so too, and all of this is on you. All I wanted to do was help you, and now look! Totally grody, dude. You're totally grody," she shook her head, then turned around and started stomping her way to the door.
"But before I do..." She said as she reached for the door, taking a big sniff and turning her head halfway to him.
"...Professor Rarity, right, when she says the customer is right, she isn't literally saying you do what they say like some punk pushover. Generosity, real generosity, is about seeing what the pony, like, needs and working to give it to them out of the goodness of your heart," she said, her head bent only enough so he knew she was talking to him. "And how you do that totally reveals you for who you are. A diamond in the rough and all that. When the world wants to make you coarse, you can remain smooth. Like a diamond, or like the moon. See you later, Remington," she snapped her hooves in a sassy fashion, opened the door, and walked into the roommate. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

785DNI3.png

Zareb found the room he was assigned to, it seemed like a charming space. He just hoped his roommate was okay with having a foreign exchange student, despite his own confidence in his ability to make friends. When he found the door, he wanted to knock on it, but before he could it was slammed open with an angry pink unicorn filly running into him. "Je! Nisamehe! I'm sorry." Zareb was under the impression that he would have a male roommate, not that he would mind. If Zareb was honest, he was shocked by her immediate beauty despite the alarming introduction. He would keep it to himself to prevent a faux pas with his first fellow student interaction.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Glitterbanner.png

Moonlight just about ran through the handsome zebra roommate. Her mind was on issues infinite and deplorably quaint, as she tried to get her betrayed heart to feel something other than its rueful mix of sorrow and anger. Still, that was no reason to be particularly unkind to the strapping fellow from Unyasi, even if some level of pettiness couldn't help but sneak in. "It's, it's okay, like, don't worry about it," a silent second followed. "You're *much* cuter than he is, anyway!" She said, her tail upturned at Remington as she stormed off- but only after kissing the Zebra on his cheek as totally awesome revenge.

After all, unlike Remington the zebra hadn't just drugged a young, vulnerable filly with soda and then emotionally devastated her for no good reason!

It was *emotional* hotness she was after!
Once she was far enough away, she allowed her lip to quiver, a tear to start rolling, and her pace to to turn into a gallop towards her room with a full, ugly cry as her little pony mind couldn't take it and could only respond with the utmost dramatics.

• Like 1

Zareb wasn't going to assume anything, other than the fact that a warm kiss from a filly was just tradition. He wasn't complaining about it either. But it was unexpected. After the filly left, Zareb walked into the room with a huge smile. He didn't concern himself with the interaction that seemed to have just ended before he arrived, as he wasn't confident it was his business to begin with. Regardless, he wanted to make the best first impression with his roommate as possible. "Hii ni nzuri! Hello! I'm your roommate. I name is Zareb."

Remington had turned away from the door when he saw Moonlight illustrate her frustration with a kiss to a total stranger. To him, it felt as if she just freely gave them away. So was the kiss he got even all that special? When his roommate entered, he could tell immediately from the accent he was not from Equestria. When the zebra shouted his greeting, Remington could only turn to him in silence, showing him the streaks of tears that had fallen from his eyes.

• Like 1