Deep Freeze [Attn: Ice Storm and Steel]

Skycoaster

FWWUvyG.jpg

Blizzard could feel something in the room change. Almost like what he felt earlier, though he didn't think anything of it. "Gesundheit." Perhaps it was just summer allergies he was feeling...

He would however look to Ice when she chimed in. "Just one of the many reasons I travel at night," he said with a smirk. "Though you would be surprised how well this snow and ice," as he looked to his own coat, "help to keep me cool in the heat as well as isolates in the bitter cold. It was a rather unseen side effect of a spell, though one I have grown to appreciate."

When Blizzard saw what Twilight was doing, he would smile at her. "Thank..Thank you?" His voice showed a bit of hesitation. He would levitate the book back to him and place it in his left saddlebag. "Now as for getting in contact...Last I checked the Frozen North doesn't exactly have a post office, and I would assume that both of you live active lives. How would you suggest getting in contact?" he would say leaning back before noticing the time. It was now Three a.m. or at least that's what the clock tower chimed nearby. "Well, I've got to get on the trail if I wish to be at my first stopping point on the way home before sunrise."

The unicorn would bow to the Princess and glare once more at Ice when he stood up. "I will be looking forward to our next magic discussion...Oh by the way...Is it true?" He would say with an ominous grin. "The weather control spells that date back to King Bullion and Commander Hurricane. The ones that where 'mysteriously lost' after the formation of Equestria. Do they exist?"

• Like 1

TwiBanner_zpsvi6knv7w.png

It didn't take a genius to see the underlying tension, as well deserved a sit was, between the ice mages. Twilight wanted to chalk it up to competitive spirits and a similar field but she knew it was untrue, if only because she had dealt with Ice enough to know the difference between competitive spirit, worry, panic, and legitimately growing horror. Ice was probably nestled somewhere in the latter categories more than the former. She wasn't there but but she well understood the causes. He was a concern. She had an earnest belief that he would not be somepony they would regret extending hope rather than fear towards but that wasn't guaranteed. 

Twilight was the Princess of Friendship and so she would always look at it that way, but she knew that there were certain creatures you would never be able to reach. She didn;t believe this was the case and it was still unclear just what they were dealing with, but Twilight was at least intrigued by what may happen next. "Well, I'm here many nights. I'm sure you could stop on in next time you make your trek," she said, wondering just when that'd be. Would his schedule change or would he keep to it? A great deal rode on that. He said his goodbyes and went to leave- not before asking about a very specific and very ancient set of spells.

Like many legendary spells, they had grown in the telling of their history. In all truth and honesty the largest reason they had fallen through the mists of time was that, alone, they accomplished very little that other spells or pegasi couldn't do. There was a reason that throughout history, recorded or otherwise, weather control was the purview of the pegasi. Unicorn spells did rather poorly at it for any length of tie or when up against opposition- it took a pegasi's cutie mark or aether connection to do so. Nonetheless, she would answer him honestly, if not entirely at length. "Oh, yes. They do. And they're less...lost than you may think," she said with a wink. "Safe travels!"

• Like 1

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice Storm still didn't trust the pony that was in front of her. However, the simple fact that this pony was snooping around and sneaking into places after hours still didn't sure well with her. He was up to something, and asking about the weather controlling spells all but confirmed it to her. It made what she needed to tell Twilight after the pony left all the more important. When he spoke of making contact, Ice shrugged as he said that the Frozen North didn't have a post office. She rolled her eyes, "Oh no... How ever can an ice pony get to another ice pony in the Frozen North. How ever will we keep in contact?" She asked coating her own armor in ice with a smirk. Just because she didn't trust him didn't mean she couldn't be at least a little bit smug and cheeky. She was still a unicorn after all. 

"I think I might be able to find find some time while I'm in the area of the Frozen North.  Believe it or not, I'm actually up there more often than you think. I pass through it on the way to Whitescar," the finished with a smile as he bid farewell. "Have a safe trip! We'll definitely be seeing each other soon."

• Like 2

—Blizzard

Blizzard’s reaction to his prob into the old spells was probably not what they where expecting. His face and voice showed disappointment. “I see...” The spells that he dreamt about since he was a foal...The way that Twilight said it seemed to imply that there where not all that special and seeming weak.

Ice’s statement on the other hoof caused him to glare at her once more. Shaking his head, a blueish white flash would emit from his horn as he teleported himself out of the School of Magic was to the outskirts of Canterlot to begin his journey back to his frozen solitude.

• Like 1