A Sweet Apple Acre Wedding (AppleDash Wedding: Read Rules)

SteelEagle

“Darn, I bet I’d have liked it.” Tempest says to Berry with a shake of her head. Glancing over her back at others she shifted uneasily, she did not like having to be so… Soft. She saw the looks behind the eyes. The jugements. How she wanted to show them all she was not broken. They’d be. But she can’t. Not here. With A deep breath she looked back to the drinks. “After the ceremony I hope you are well stocked, rum is my favorite poison. For now some nice mixed puch will do.” She says taking one of the bigger cups and filling it with drink, all done with muzzle and hoof. She wished more unicorns had to live like this, it may teach them something about how hard basic day too day things can be without magic. 

With her cup in the muzzle she looked down at Glitters with a pleading look for them to leave the heart of this gathering. But as she did an odd face passed her by. Bluebelle. Or just better known as blue. This was as far as she can think, the first time she saw him… Her? Them as a female. She heard of this, they switched back and forth. She even told her troops to be on the lookout for both when they took the city. Yet they got away with the help of some rather skilled and strong guards. She had respect for that but they were never her prize. “Muffmth.” She mumbles with a tiny nod of her head as Blue spoke to her. Seems they wanted to talk later. She can’t think of why, but she’d not say no to such a thing. May be fun. 

With a shrug she looked back at her haybale as the music changed. Seems the ceremony was getting in to gear. With one last puppy eyed look at Glitter she broke off and rushed away from the heart of the ceremony to reach her safe, far away, spot to watch things. With one hop she was back on the haybale, holding the cup between her legs. Siping on it she watched the events unfold, time to time looking over at glitters. One day maybe she’d have something like this. A pony with that level of loyalty and love. Yet it seems so far fetched. What pony can look at her and ever dream of such a thing? Want too be with her? Love her? Even in ehr own dreams such a thing seems redundantly ridiculous. But she felt heart in one thing. She had a friend and that was all she can ever ask for. And so as the two mares kissed, she just leaned on Glitters and smiled. AJ was a lusky mare. A good one at that. She earned this happy ending.

• Like 4
  • Hearthoof 1

REvxA6F.png

Apple Bloom sighed as the drinkmare of the hour denied her request. Not that she had really asked for something hard, just the hardest she could get from her. And not that she hadn’t had some hard stuff before. She was a young mare on a family farm who knew how to get into the cider cellar. She had certainly not made a habit of it but once or twice she had snuck in and not been worse for the wear. The other Cutie Mark Crusaders too, for that matter. Of course none of it was awfully strong- they made that stuff to sell during cider season, didn’t store it- but that didn’t change the fact that she wasn’t some fair-weather filly. Still, she had a job to do. And today that job was to test out  apple-greenberry punch. “Don’t mind if Ah do,” she said as she took the offered drink and gulped it all down in one violent motion. Say what you want about Berry Punch- it'd probaby be that she was the best at what she did!

She ruminated on it a moment.
“Hmm...it ain’t bad at all! Pretty good, really. But tha apple ain’t right. Ah think this tastes like a Gala an’ that ain’t a bad choice but its awful hard ta work with punch just right. Ah’d either try workin’ it in a bit late in tha process, so tha sugars and flavor of tha Gala don’t start ta die off too quick. Still, it has real promise,” she said as she hooved the cup over. “Can Ah have another one?” She asked as a real shapely unicorn made her way. Apple Bloom had never seen her before, but she was certainly glad to see her now. “Howdy! Ah’m Apple Bloom. Who’re you?” She asked as another unicorn of striking looks approached. This time, it was because she might strike you if you noticed her looks.

“Hey there Tempest! How’re you-” she began before word started to spread that the ceremony was to begin. “Oh, fer land’s sakes. Ah got ta go ta mah,” she said using her hooves as quotation marks, “‘assigned seating’. Stupid Apple family wedding rules…” she muttered as she put her drink down and galloped to her position.

Once she was in her seat she calmed down as she focused on the cute ceremony. Applejack was a mare of tradition and the way she went about the wedding made that clear as day, but it was still emotional to hear what she said. Rainbow Dash was unconventional and emotion and her vows reflected that. They reflected each other in the ways that mattered and Apple Bloom’s tears of joy flowed freely as two became one, and Sweet Apple Acres gained another family member where before there was only a friend.

Glitterbanner.png

Moonlight clapped along with everypony else when the ceremony was done and the two started to walk down the aisle together.  It had been a beautiful ceremony and she got to share it with her very special friend. But her mind was a little preoccupied. As Applejack was getting hugs and congratulations from her side and RD from hers, Moonlight offered one and leaned in. “Honey, you have a cranapple stain on your flank,” she said with a kiss on the cheek before pulling away as a blushing and somewhat embarrassed Applejack continued down the line of congratulations.

Hey, somepony had to tell her.

• Like 4

fpGH5UK.png

Discord would sputter at a certain noblepony's accusations. "I was merely lending a helpful paw. Garlic infused drinks were quite popular in Marecedonia you know!" He would snub his muzzle and land down on all fours, his levitation as erratic as his sense of style. 

Discord would smugly thrust his muzzle into the air. "Besides, they weren't even peeled." So the garlic cloves would hardly infect the punch more so than a fancy decoration would. He was not wont incite the wasting of food, unless it was a food war. Than, of course, that was entirely the point, wasn't it? "I think you've been hanging around the Apples a bit too much." Said the pony who spent every weekend with one.

The draconequus' floppy ears would prick up at the sound of his names on the wind, and a gentle wind it was. Allowing his eyes to roll to the back of his head, in a literal sense, they shifted eyes would blink and look around the pony filled crowd. A large exclamation point appeared in mid air, before falling into the ground like a stone, mostly because it was carved from stone. The thump was so strong it lurched the chimeric demi god into the air, rump first, before he floated over toward the familiar mare. 

"I must say you look quite adorable~!" he reached his lion's paw up to pet the mare's pink mane. "Oh, it's' starting! Let's get a good seat!" Of course the draconequues presented himself with the best seat in the house: a raised platform perched on precarious stilts, much like one would find in the opera house. He would sit Fluttershy beside him, were she not to buggered by the height, and rest opera glasses over his muzzle, holding onto the spindly shaft so the mini-binocualrs rest perfectly over his snout.

After watching the proceedings he would take a large napkin, which happened to be Squall's tablecloth, or cape or something, and sneeze into it, dabbing his eyes gently. "Oh how sad -- " Though why had he felt sad. "Can you even imagine being attached to a single pony all your life? They'll argue about what movie to go see, and not decide, or never decide who has to foalsit before it's too late. They'll be stuck with chores for the rest of their lives -- though Applejack has a headstart on that!" He mused before reappearing with the yellow pony on the ground. 

Discord was not quite given to the concept of romance, just yet. He was on the path though as his curiosity did compel him to arrive. "Oh do we open the gifts with the brides yet? I do hope they like mine!" He was tickled but he always was when he got to give his friends gifts, especailyl very Discordian like gifts.

• Like 4

large.pngoGtMsyJ.pnglarge.png

Fluttershy had let Discord lead her into the ceremony proper where they would take their seats. Knowing that this would be a moment where Zap would have to peel away from her, she spoke to Big Mac. "Zap needs to be in the ceremony, so make sure he is up there and looking cute! I'm going to sit with Discord, I'll see if I can't watch Zap again after the ceremony."

Big Mac agreed and made sure Zap was ready to be presented in front of all the ponies at the ceremony. Zap understood the drill, his mother had told him several times already. He was to stand still between his mother and Rarity and not say anything until after the ceremony is done. No flying, no running, no noises. Fearing what would happen had he not complied, he was well in tow with Big Mac's guidance to the wedding party location and where he was to stand. Zap was well-behaved, this time.

o6vToeQ.pngGlitterbanner.png

Remington was startled by Moonlight as she popped out of his peripheral vision. And she looked amazing, and he felt suddenly underdressed. When she said she was happy that he was his plus one, he responded sheepishly, "What are friends for?"

When the two met Apple Bloom, the young pony seemed appreciative of Remington's role in Moonlight's life, whatever the waggling of the eyebrows had meant. She was just a kid, he didn't read in on it too much. He was indeed lucky though, Moonlight was a great friend. "What are friends for?" When she suggest they were a Manehatten power couple, Remington did not get a good understanding of what that meant.

Moonlight had pushed him away from Apple Bloom like she was in a hurry. And of course she would be, the ceremony was about to start. Big Mac and Zap Apple were seen walking away from the crowd towards their roles in the show. Remington figured it was time to take a seat. "I guess we'll have to wait to see the others until after the ceremony, its starting!" Remington found a seat that had a clean open space next to it. He wanted to make sure he didn't have to endure the embarrassment of sitting alone in a wedding of ponies he barely knew. When they sat, Remington started blushing as he got a full look of Moonlight's dress for the occasion. She was very happy. Remington's friends were right, fillies loved weddings. It's a good thing for them, they were not too distracted with the overwhelming feeling of affection and romance. Remington was very happy to help fill the role next to Moonlight in this very important familial celebration. After all, what are friends for?

After the ceremony, Remington gave an awkward hoofshake to his teachers who were now married. He daydreamed about what he would have to call them in class now. Where they Professor Appledash and Rainjack now? Or where they both Mrs. Dash? He had questions he was afraid to ask. After the pleasantries with the brides, there was a clear space between the student buddies and Big Macintosh and his nephew.

Remington had been a very well-behaved colt during the wedding. He had allowed Moonlight to push him and pull him to and fro and position him where they would look the best. Of course he hadn't said much- "what are friends for?" was equal parts damning and lame- but she liked it a lot anyway. She was maybe just searching for excuses but he was probably so overwhelmed by such heavy, strong, big emotions in him that he could only put on a brave, dumb face to not show it. She'd accept her little trophy colt for the time being, and be happy he had agreed to do as much as he had. After she had whispered what she had to Applejack, she continued her hoof stomping in approval and leaned heavily back into Remigton, pelt on pelt. "It almost makes you want to, like, totally cry, right?" She said, fighting back tears of her own.

"No." Remington wasn't crying. Maybe he wanted to make a stance on how tough he was, but he was really just answering based on the hair trigger of which he would normally have to answer that question, which might have been during hazing acts with his old friends from Manehatten. Big colts don't cry. "Oh, but if you want to cry, it's fine." Remington shrugged. He didn't want to look like a cold stallion with no emotion, but he also didn't want to feel vulnerable in what seemed like a test of will power to not saying something stupid. He was doomed to fail eventually.

"Oh, and I dooooo!" She responded, a few tears rolling down her cheeks as the warmth of a filly in distress rose within her. Once you had that little fire burning it was like the waterworks wouldn't stop their vain attempts to tamper it down. She buried her head briefly into his mane, more so to wipe the tears away on something that wasn't an expensive piece of cloth. While there she spoke warmly into his ear before finally hugging him. "Have you ever seen something as, like, so totally beautiful, Remmy?"

As he cradled Moonlight's weeping, he nodded continuously in solidarity until she spoke up. "Yes! I mean, no, I haven't. Actually, this is the first wedding I've ever been to. It was about what I expected. A little less formal though since its on a farm. I kind of like that."

As he finished speaking, the married mares finished their walk together past the assembled ponies and that odd time between the end of the ceremony began where ponies felt the need to start moving but to no place in particular. She let him go with a smile. "It is pretty different I guess," she said as she wiped her eyes, stopping midway into the second when she remembered that she was trying to maintain an appearance and continuing when she realized it was too late. "Still, its totally given me ideas for my own wedding, Like, for real," she winked before she started making her way out of the row they were in.

large.png

Fluttershy rolled her eyes at Discord's inability to see all of the beauty and significance that marriage brought to a couple in love, but she felt that he was close enough to soon be sensitive to those kinds of feelings. Although Fluttershy would be patient for the time it would take for Discord to realize how the chaos of a lifelong relationship is a new kind of chaos he could grow to like. "Um, I don't know. I think we follow the brides to the reception and go from there. Whoever's in charge of the reception will be the one who decides when things happen, and that's probably Pinkie Pie." Fluttershy started walking towards the wedding reception area in the barn.

• Like 2

The fact that Tempest Shadow took her drink like an earth pony would did not go unnoticed by Berry Punch.  She didn't want to show that she noticed; she'd been the recipient of unwanted pity herself one too many times to wish to show it to others, but... well, even in a town like this, one could often get a little frustrated at not having wings or horn to help with all the little tasks of daily life.  Shows of solidarity from the other tribes meant a lot to earth ponies; hence traditions like Ponyville's Winter Wrap Up.  Her smile might have given her mood away, but she only replied, "Oh, I don't know if I have anything that hard, but I think you'll like the Sangria that I'll bring out for the reception.  I'll even put a little clove in yours, just for that extra kick!"

She gave a wink to the mare, before the crowd around her booth began to depart for the ceremony.  As much as she wanted to watch the wedding with undivided attention, she had to make sure that her booth was properly ready for the influx of guests that would come afterwards.  Punchbowls were shifted to the side, making room for more 'grown-up' beverages for the inevitable round of toasts to the brides.  All the while, she kept one eye and ear out for the vows and the cheers that followed, though both of hers began to fill with tears.  Mostly happy ones for her friends, but... she couldn't deny, some regretful ones for herself as well.  It was no secret that she was a single mother to Ruby Pinch, and had to move to Ponyville from Canterlot to give her little daughter the best chance of growing up happy among understanding ponies.  And while those in Ponyville were very understanding... she wished many times that she could have provided a second parent to little Ruby when she came into this world, and would still like to.

Berry had mostly cleared out those tears by the time of the reception, and managed to smile warmly to all the guests coming to her for a drink.  But the smile wouldn't quite reach her eyes...

• Like 4
  • Hearthoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Thanks." Fire Walker smiled back at the mare and soon she had a glass of 'Magic Apple'.*

It was good, but it was still not the same. This was going to be a very long ten and a half months.

The Pegasus had just enough time to finish her drink when the magic happened. She was a little bummed as Swift was still not around. Where did he go? It was time for the wedding proper!  She quickly made her way to seats, where, when it was her turn to be seated, she followed her usher to her assigned place to sit. Right next to an empty seat where Swift was supposed to be. Hmmmph. Fire had recognized some of the ponies and of course cute little Spike. And the always gorgeous Fluttershy. Everypony was just so utterly beautiful or handsome. Or both.  They were beautsome. Is that a word? More ponies entered the room. Princess Twilight was also there and it was she who going to solemnize the marriage. The purple mare gave a lovely speech. Everything was perfect and lovely and while she hated to do it, there was already a good deal of tears that started to flow. Oh woe.

BBEfdjP.png

Spoiler

Magic Apple
ritual apple cocktail

Ingredients

2 oz Ritual whiskey alternative
2 oz apple cider or apple juice
2 dashes bitters
Cinnamon stick
Apple slice

Instructions

Combine first three ingredients in a tall glass with ice. Stir until cold. Pour over fresh ice, garnish with cinnamon stick and apple slice, and serve.

• Like 3
  • Apple 1

2VHTitC.pngimage.jpegImage result for pinkie pie banner

Rainbow let out a sigh of relief. 
"Well," she winked at her wife. "That's finally over with!" The pegasus spoke once they had wound their way through some guests, offering polite gestures along the way. 
Rainbow wished they could just ditch the rest of this thing and spend some time together at the farm house. There was something so comforting and restful about AJ's room there. It was one of her favorite places. All she wanted to do was snuggle up next to her mare. 
RD glanced at the oh so preggers earth pony walking beside her. She was pretty sure AJ would be into some rest time. Buyout, there was the reception and the guests and the rest of the night to go.
She walked on, towards the barn. Bluebells engaged them and Rainbow smiled. 
"I usually do move faster, I must admit!" RD laughed. "But even a commoner marriage takes some time," She smirked, going along with the royal words spoken by the mare.
She was going to say more but a rumble had started in her tummy. "So uh, you remember what we got for refreshments?" She glanced at AJ. "I haven't eaten since like yesterday I think!"

Applejack remained silent for a brief moment, allowing herself to lean into her wife. Her wife, her spouse, her legally binding love of her life and all that entailed. She shared some hugs and some words and allowed herself to be the co-center of attention, if only this once, and if only for the most special of occasions for a family mare. As they pulled away from the crowd and the music and the hoopla around the ceremony itself, she breathed a sigh of relief. All of her weight seemed to come back to her, but she was still flying close to the sun on this day. "Ah reckon we should have everything prepared. We have what, three different entrees? How many drinks?" She laughed, nuzzling Dash as she walked hoof in hoof with her. They were heading to the reception area, a different part of the farm, closer to the barn and stretched out with tables and all manner of food, plus a stage for musical performances and a nice open space ahead for dancing. And you best believe there'd be dancing.

Rainbow walked on with her hoof around that of her love. She smiled as AJ leaned into her, happy to be able to be there for her for the rest of their lives. She was sure gonna do all she could with Ambrosia's birth! RD had been working hard to show her love by being there when she was wanted or needed or both!
Her stomach rumbled as they approached the reception area. The smells of the food were oh so tempting! There was special table set up for herself, AJ and the mares of honor. 
"Look at that dancing area!" RD smiled. It was done up pretty much how one would imagine for some line dancing! That was fine with the pegasus though she doubted AJ would be up for any dancing. She was pretty darn pregnant after all. 
RD snatched a daisy sandwich as soon as she sat down and took a few bites. Now that she's said heroes and finished the proceedings without too much trouble she could relax a little. 

"PAAAAARTY!"
Pinkie bounced onto the scene and came to take her seat next to the other side of Rainbow!
"I'm so excited for you guys!" The Ponk squealed out with glee!

OOC- Post written with Foxxy. THE RECEPTION IS NOW! PARTY HARD!

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 2

glitter banner.png

Glitter took her drink in her magic and headed off after her mare. She was impressed that Temmy had ventured down to the main gathering of ponies at all and now she' d be happy to enjoy her drink with Temy away from the others. She didn't mind. There was really only one pony Glitter had interest in spending quality time with right now. That was a certain pony who had perched once again on the bales of hay set up far in the distance. 

As she trotted towards their seating, Glitter thought back on all that had happened. She'd never felt so connected to somepony else. She hoped it would last. Temy seemed happy enough to stay in the cabin in the Frozen North with her...but for how long? Would she want to leave? Even the thought put a knot in Glitter's tummy. She wasn't sure how she would deal with being all alone again. For a while it had been fine. When her heart was broken and the only medicine was to gather pets and care for them. To range far and wide and put herself in the way of danger often. 

She wasn't broken anymore. Well, not really. Even the little time they had spend together had did a world of good. The pony that had caused her so much hurt, that Glitter had put on herself by her actions, was with her now. They had worked on some of the past, enough for Glitter to finally see a future. That future entailed Tempest. She wanted to be as close to the unicorn with the shattered horn as she possibly could. 

Glitter took a seat on the bales, watching the ceremony play out. When the two mares kissed and Tempest leaned on her, she felt her heart about to burst! Glitter leaned back, pressing herself as close as she could. She looked over and saw Tempest smiling. Smiling!

"Oh!" The word escaped her muzzle before she could stop it. She blushed and smiled back. Then without think, she leaned in and kissed the mare at her side.

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

As the ceremony happened Tempest found herself thinking more and more about life and where it's going. Where she is going to go with it. She needed change. She knew that for a long time yet she didn't act on it. She told herself over and over she was nothing but a killer. A solder. A tool. Useless. Worthless. Yet that was changing with every passing year and this year more so than all others. Winter was coming again, has it already been one year with glitter? It did not feel like it in truth. Time slipped past her hooves in a blur of moments and all of them were… Good. The truth of the matter was easy to see. She was happy with what was going on and this change in the pace of her life was deeply good for her. Needed even. For so long she felt like she was sliding deeper and deeper in to some gaping maw of despair with no way to stop it. And maybe she can’t. Not alone. 

For so long she was unwilling to open up and speak about her demons, fears and why she can’t sleep worth a buck most of the time. Yet glitter was different. Maybe it was the fact she knew her as a filly. Maybe it was some part of her desperately reaching out for the ‘better’ times long ago when she was one. She Can't say. But she knew living with Glitters was good for her. Good for her body and soul. She was the friend she needed back in her life. That silly filly she crushed on so dang hard back in the day when life was so much more carefree. It made her giggle softly just thinking of it. How silly it all was. How she day dreamed of being some heroic colt saving the day and kissing the princess. She never saw herself as being some lame cute filly, she was going to be the hero and get the filly! And well she may have fallen short of… Well, all of it. She did have one thing back. And Glitters was worth so much.

Just thinking of it made her lean more in to Glitter, gently nuzzling the mare well idly daydreaming as she shut her eyes and just enjoyed the moment. The exclamation from Glitter did make her ears perk, wondering what she was about to say as she tried to shake off her daydreaming only to open her eyes in time too see the mare plant a kiss on her muzzle…

Tempest squeaked. She really didn't even know she could make the sound she just did. Or think. What? Tempest.exc has stopped working. Have you tried turning it off and on again? 

Her horn sparked, eyes looking more like Derpy Hooves them Tempest. “Whawhatuhwhyah” She mutters blinking a few times before she can focuses back on Glitter. One part of her brain was having a party, the other half screaming. How long has she wanted that? So many times as a filly she day dreamed about being some handsome colt getting to kiss her. But Glitter… Glitter kissed first! Why? What was happening.  ‘KISS HER BACK’ The small voice of Fizzlepop yelled from deep in the back of Tempest's mind. After a few more confused seconds she did just that, pushing her nose against the other mares and took in a deep breath of Glitters sent before kissing her. Why did she do that? Why did she feel so weird? What in the name of the gods just happened? Why did it feel so good? She wanted to jump up and down and she felt so happy and alive in this one moment!

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

Berry Punch

The first pony that Berry Punch expected to see belly up to the drinks table was Tempest Shadow; she even had a cup her spiced Sangria ready and waiting for the mare.  When she wasn't as prompt to show up as expected, the earth pony's eye went roving for the unicorn and found her... kissing her plus one.  Oh come on, it just wasn't fair!  First the fact that they were at a Celestia-darned wedding, and now the guests were pairing off!  Was the whole thing a conspiracy to make Berry feel alone?

She didn't say anything.  Her smile didn't even slip.  But jade-green envy was in her eyes, and the perceptive would be able to see it, as they took their drinks.

Princess Bluebelle

Once the ceremony had ended, the lines of bridlemaids had broken up, each filtering into the sea of guests, after congratulating the happy couple, of course!  As for the unicorn princess, there were two guests in particular she wanted to catch up with.  The first being her friend, Fire Walker, the second being a mare of interest to the Crown, Tempest Shadow.  A quick glance towards the latter showed her to be very busy and not to be interrupted.  Smiling knowingly to herself, and wishing the burgundy mare luck, she sought out the flame red pegasus, a little before Fire had managed to dry her eyes.  Bluebelle made no comment.

"There you are!  Swift not with you?  My plus one seems to have made herself scarce as well."  She took a seat, carefully moving her dress so as not to get it mussed.  "It's been a while since we had a chance to talk, isn't it?  So much has happened that I'm not sure how much I was able to catch you up on.  Er, I did let you know about," She gestured down at her female form, "This, right?"

• Like 3

2VHTitC.pngREvxA6F.png

Applejack's first task was cake. And her first task was sharing the cake with Rainbow Dash, and likely making a mess. She puled her wife- that felt good to say- over to the large chocolate cake that was waiting for her. "Open up yer big mouth, flight girl. Yer stuck with me now," she said as Twilight cut the cake with her magic. The piece was given to her- same with Rainbow. Applejack grew a predator smirk with an arched eyebrow as she went in for the delicious kill.

Apple Bloom moved in a little slower, her emotions heavily mixed. Her eyes were wet with tears of joy. Her sister had found her perfect pony forever and the APple family was growing. That was easily one of the best things to have ever happened in Apple Bloom's young life, and she didn't want to think anything else. But she couldn't help herself. She hadn't a role to play in this entire affair. She felt old now. Was she old? Well, she wasn't old enough to experience life just yet. She was happy, she was over the hills with joy, but frustrated. It was weird and selfish and it made her feel all the worse for it as smiled her way into the reception.

Glitterbanner.png

Moonlight trotted excitedly into the reception, eyes and ear and heart on point. It had been soooooo romantic but this was just the start of it! "Oooh, that was sooooo romantic like oh my Celestia. Makes you think, right? Like, wow I hope my wedding is just as radical! Go get us something to drink, sweetie," she said to her little Remington, happy to have him around.

octavia_post_banner_by_jaelachan-d5h4hogzh0HVKH.jpg

Octavia took her position, having moved quickly from the ceremony staging area to the reception area. She, her quartet, and many of the other musicians were working dual roles today, even though the first part was far less exciting than the second. She set herself up on stage, taking her bow out and giving it a few quick cuts before she nodded to the first entertainer of the evening: Coloratura.

Rara herself was dressed down rather than up, knowing that Applejack didn't really appreciate the glitz and glam that came with the Countess. Her playlist was one of a few as other entertainers were bound to perform, but had been carefully chosen for this night. She would ignore the sting in her heart for tonight and perform as best she could. It was the least she could do for the married couple. She returned the nod to one of the musicians who was going to provide the backing instrumentation for her. They had a minute or so before the signal for the first song was due to come in, so she ran over the list in her head and took some deep breaths, prepared as best she could be for the night.

• Like 5

"Oh, crabapples!" Dunder crested over the hill to the venue: Sweet Apple Acres. The venue hosting the wedding, which the sudden cheering let him know he was woefully late. "Darnit! I guess Bluey was right." There simply wasn't enough time to get his red suit dry cleaned. And stopping for an appetizer of a double-hayburger combo didn't help his punctuality either.  Fortunately for him, the crowd was breaking from their seats and forming an amorphous crowd, providing the perfect opportunity to slip in. He descended low and landed, transitioning his flight momentum to a casual trot and whistled innocently while joining the crowd.

"Seamless." He complimented himself while running a wing through his fluffy, fuzzy mane to flatten and straighten it out from the frazzling done by flight. He scanned the crowd for red, red of the dress that matched his suit. A dress worm by a white unicorn mare. At least, she should be a mare. His almond-shaped eyes opened as much as they could and his muzzle cracked into a grin as he spotted not only the red dress, but a red mare. He quickly trotted up.

"Fire! Bluey!" He approached from behind the crimson mare, then pulled her into a tight hug with a wing and foreleg both. He pulled her head in close and nuzzled her neck as hard as his embrace was tight. "It's great to see you here! Unexpected, but welcome. Well..." He trailed off, still hugging her, getting lost in all the words he had to say, "I guess it makes sense, with you being Twilight's new guard and all. And with her officiating the wedding. At least, that's what Bluebelle told me." He explained, his foreleg moving down and off of her, and his wing letting her go as he looked to Bluebelle, "And I guess you were right!" He grinned apologetically to the mare, "No need to remind me. Now or later. Oh!" His ears perked up and he lifted himself, rearing up to peek before slamming back down. "They're cutting the cake! We should go before everypony else steals all the good slices." He rubbed his hooves together excited, "And we can get carbed up for the 'good stuff.'" The good stuff. The bubbly cider, and other fun drinks made with or without apples.

Of course, he didn't notice the stained cheeks of Fire, or any concern on Bluebelle's face. As they would both know, something that he'd miss anyway even without all the extra stimulation grabbing his attention.

• Like 4

USG3AI7.png?1

Ho-Boy. Now the reception had begun.

Fire Walker gently wiped away her tears and hoped nopony saw her take place in one of the oldest wedding clichés ever. Now they just needed the over-drunk uncle or somepony to storm in and declare that –they- were truly in love with one of the now married ponies. The officer’s ears perked up as she heard a very familiar voice.

“Oh Dunders.”, she quickly scooted over to her special friend and gave him a proper hug. She had not seen her former adventuring partner since a rather odd mishap with a magic mirror in her former place of employment. So much had changed since then. “The Twilight Guard has mostly been dissolved as the good Princess now has an whole country to rule. I’m back with the R.E.A proper.”, her voice dropped down to a whisper, “I also have an upcoming change of my own.”, she patted her stomach. “There’s nothing really there that can be seen, but I’ll be bringing a foal of my own into the world in a little over ten months.  And don’t worry.”, she smiled at the stallion, “About the cake. I’m pretty sure I heard there’s a few back-ups in the kitchen in case the usual shenanigans break out. And if a larger crowd turned up.”

The good Princess Bluebelle made her way over to the pair. Could she imagine as a child that she would know more than one princess personally? Being the proper sort, she gave the royal pony a proper Canterlot curtsy. "He was supposed to be here already.", she whispered with more than a hint of stress in her tone , "And yes, I believe I was with you shortly after that happened. Was it last year's Hearth's Warming Eve?" Or maybe even the previous? Time was going by so quickly.

Ooh! They had that one mare..The cellist that was at every  Grand Galloping Gala. She is very good! And along with Countess Coloratura. Fire's little sister Wind was a big fan.
  • Like 5

Princess Bluebelle

While Fire's green-coated Beau was still scarce, at least the Princess' accompaniment had decided that it was better late than never.  "So it seems that I was, Dunder.  Is this normal when one is the mare in a relationship?"  She asked, sea-blue eyes dancing with humor.  Dunder didn't switch as often as Bluebelle did, partly because of the use of a different and rather less hair-trigger transformation mechanism, and partly because the tan pegasus tended to prefer their mare form much more strongly these days.  Still, bless him, Dunder seemed to want to wear a suit and tie today and make a traditional couple out of them.

"Oh?  I hadn't heard the Twilight Guard dissolved; my Aunties kept both their personal retinues under a separate chain of command.  It often helped them in situations where they'd otherwise have to send protocol or regulation breaking orders through the REA.  We've found that approach to be wise ourselves, haven't we, Dunder?"  She gave him a smile and a wink.  The curtsy was appreciated, though she wouldn't have called out the lack thereof here of all place.  Why, they'd be stuck admonishing commoners all day, which would be awful when there were much more appropriate uses for one's time, like cake!
"Oh, yes, I was.  That was back when I was still in the middle of moving in for the Spring Semester; goodness, that was so busy, no wonder it slipped my mind."  She started moving towards the refreshment table, lining for cake behind the brides.  "I don't think you met my new kitty, though?  I'll confess, a great deal of effort was put into making the castle ready for him; Twilight hadn't made any sort of preparations for having a feline guest about the place."  She tried as hard as she could to keep a straight face throughout, just in case Fire hadn't heard about Niilavin...

• Like 5
  • Hearthoof 1

• 1 month later...

o6vToeQ.png

Remington was a fish out of water. He had no idea how to mingle in most social events, particularly the ones where he did not know most of the guests, and his role was more or less 'colt who gets things for his fillyfriend.' It was a relief though. Moonlight could have humiliated Remington by asking him a straight-faced question about his feelings on the ceremony, requesting details and bullet points that adhere to the filly's feelings. He was not prepared for that. Luckily, she just asked him to fetch a couple drinks instead. Maybe they nightmare would shift into one of figuring out which drinks to get, but at least he wasn't risking his relationship with the only close fillyfriend he had ever had in his life.

He walked up to the Punch's table. "Two drinks please. Um, apple juices I guess?" Was that too foaly? Did Moonlight want more grown up drinks? Surely she didn't intend on a drink that would loosen her up, although to be fair, it might be something he could use. Then again, was that even legal in Ponyville for a colt his age to be drinking harder varieties of beverages? He decided to do the bravest thing he knew possible, push the risk onto the server. "Or, whatever drinks would be good for me and my friend Moonlight over there, the bride's cousin."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

fpGH5UK.png

Discord was a blubbering mess, crying into a yellow, green polka dotted hoofkerchief. He was such a softy. Honking blaringly into his snout napkin the draconequus would dab his eyes with the end of his tail, the napkin vanishing into a colorful cacophony of confetti to celebrate the vows. 

"Oh those poor ponies, you know marriage is a lifelong commitment full of cooperation, compromises and children!" He dare suggest that there may even be cooking involved!

While he did dabble in the odd pastry, and odder teas the chimeric demi god was one to sate his sweet tooth on pony pounded confections and tenderly tasty toffees tossed by tactful hooves. Heavens forbid one dared ask the question of the draconequus' actual need to eat. he would run you around a block dictating the tale of having found the fluffiest meringue atop a mountain. Detracting from his antics.

"Oh come, come Fluttershy let's find the bride and bride! I've my gift to gift them. I want to be first to present." As he was still quite the egotist at least it was in the spirit of giving.

A strangely shaped package would manifest in his mismatched paws. It was a star-shaped box with a frilly ribbon of pink and white. The box itself was striped with green and orange, a tag sticking out from it where "Discord" was haphazardly scrawled in a multicolored scribble that befitted the hold of his large, more awkward paw. 

That in mind the bumbling spirit would putter over Berry Punch, a queer object manifesting beside her. Though in the past one would submit themselves to terror as the objects of Discord's giving were often hazardous to ponies in their nature, but with his newly reformed and far lesser known heroic reasons for his ferocious fiendishness: the juice squeezing proprietress would find herself gifted with a oddly shaped bottle of spiced juice from the distant shores of the tropical pony islands that were known to be the ports of paradise! Well Discord wandered often in his free time, of which he had plenty. There were no hard feelings, garlic, after all makes a lovely tea!

He landed on the ground, standing perched on his toes beside Fire Walker and Dunder. "You know you should really visit during the next season Fire, I bet Squall would love it!" No Squall would hate it and Discord counted on it, preferring on teasing the precocious pony provider. The devious demiurge was always delighted to deny Squall the pleasure of rebuffing his company. Besides he had plans to help the business pony with his little trouble with a certainly Oligarchy! 

• Like 5
  • Hearthoof 1

large.png

"Oh yes, Lets!" Fluttershy responded to Discord. She hadn't brought anything to the wedding to give to the newlyweds, but it was only because she was relived of that expectations when she bargained with the couple before the wedding as to what she would bring. She let them know that as part of as wedding gift, she would find a farm-appropriate pet animal in the near future, probably a puppy, that would help bring joy and togetherness in the newly formed family. She suspected that Zap Apple might be the main recipient of such an addition to the family.

Fluttershy looked to Zap Apple who was now at her side. She had the responsibility of watching him for the remainder of the post-ceremony celebrations. "Stay with me, little Zap. Are you hungry? I think we're about to go into the reception area where all the food is. I can help you get something to eat."

oGtMsyJ.png

Zap was confused as to why all of this commotion was happening, but he liked the excitement of it regardless. For the time being, he would stay with Fluttershy who properly herded him like a sheep.

"So, Discord. What did you get for them again?" Fluttershy asked. She knew Disord was always fond of giving magical gifts to ponies, but it was never completely clear if the gift was something useful for the ones receiving the gift, or if it was just another way Discord could amuse himself while perhaps entertaining others around him that enjoyed his level of chaos. "You always give the most interesting things to ponies," she said intending positivity.

• Like 2

Dunder was more than glad to give Fire a hug, and he even nuzzled against her cheek. The hug broke some and he looked down into her eyes.

"Oh..." He said in response to Fire explaining that the Twilight Guard dissolved. His eyes drifted off to the side, away from the bad news.

"Oh?" Dunder smiled, wings fluffing up at that. He looked back into her red pupils. The brown pegasus was gonna guess that she was going to get her appendix removed so she could take on more extreme missions in the REA. But then she went on to explain what she really meant, something much more serious!

"OH?!" Dunder's right wing flared out in surprise when she said she was going to have a foal. His face flushed red at the news, what were you supposed to say when you got told that news? So many things were happening nonstop!

When Fire told Dunder not to worry, his other wing shot up "Huh? Wha?!" Until he was told it was about the cake, "Oh, heh, yeah...." He scratched the back of his head, "Cake! Still, that means we can just get more than one piece, right?" He looked down to his crimson friend and smiled, "You should get double every time, since you're eating for two!" He said with a hint of awkwardness and chuckled softly.

"Oh, yes!" She looked to Blueblood, "We are more than happy to help Princess Celestia with extra tricky situations." Nothing like a little espionage and unorthodox tactics! And with the perfect cover, a pompous diplomat and her casual guard.

When Discord dropped in next to the trio, she looked up to him, "Oh, noodle!" She smiled, "It's good to see you, too!" She nudged her elbow against the draconeqqus' bird arm. "Not causing too much trouble, are you?"

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

fpGH5UK.pngThe draconequus giggled at the yellow mare, moving his paw to ruffle Zap's mane. "Oh something quite fantabulous just for his mothers. You see I have already given little Zap something here to celebrate his birth and quite a gift for the apple pony, but with Rainbow Dash becoming a newly parented wife well -- it's something for the whole family to enjoy!" He looked left than right, opening the corner of the box after it manifested in front of Zap and her, to give the pair a peek of the most primordially prodigious present placed in Ponyville!

If the two would peek in they would be gifted with the sight of a tiny Broonie! A little bat-eared Faerie often found in Everfree Forest that was quite studious and helped clean hearth and home, when given milk and sweets, but if ever offended the bat-eared hedgehogs-bodied fae can cause mischief so malicious it would make a chimera seem tame!

He would snap the box closed and it would poof back into the gift pile for the couple and he perked his ears, a weight on his wing. Looking over he would see the energetic fencer, his ears twitching up. "Well well if it isn't the little cook!" He chirped.  "And how rude -- I have been a perfect gentlepony this entire party!" He glanced to the side, muzzle puckering up as he thought about the garlic incident. "For the second half of this entire party!" He assured. "You look like a party crasher, I thought only Ponyville residents were allowed at this venue?" He would reach his tail's puffy end up to ruffle their mane, making sure to disrupt the line of fur by brushing it backwards.

• Like 4
  • Hearthoof 1

Dunder's reaction made Bluebelle realize that she had missed something important.  "Wait, a foal?  How wonderful!"  The Princess delightedly clopped her hooves together.  "Congratulations, you two!  Oh, I can just imagine it now, you and Swift's little one, roaming around the house...."  She gave a wistful smile, which drooped a bit as she considered what both her friends were actually like in their younger days.  "... Good luck."

On that sobering reflection, they were then joined by... well, Discord was probably always technically sober by being always somewhat tipsy.  It was as if his natural chaos inoculated him from any artificial inducers thereof.  Perhaps he thought them contemptible imitations to his presence.  Not something she was inclined to ask, as some instinct told her that conversation might end in somepony getting sprayed with seltzer.  Very possibly her.  Nonetheless, the draconeqqus seemed on his best behavior.  "Oh, we're locals for as long as I'm teaching at Twilight's School.  I needed some time out of Canterlot, as did many members of my household, actually.  Cramped streets and stuffed do not always a congenial environment make, as I'm sure you'll both agree."  She giggled at Dunder and Dissy.

Berry, meanwhile, stared a little puzzledly at the suddenly manifested bottle.  *That... couldn't possibly be... The fabled Dragonsteen Punch?*  The fruit from which it was made was so rare, mostly because it only grew in one place and was subject to damage when shipped.  Such drinks could only be made by local artisans, and then only in small batches.  To get a bottle meant shelling out, and then waiting, possibly for years.  If Discord wanted to bury the hatched, he'd done so.  That sucker was now underneath a heap of earth so high as to be a miniature alp!

• Like 3
  • Apple 1
  • Hearthoof 1

2VHTitC.png

Rainbow Dash was tongue tied or somesuch, and that suited Applejack just fine. Anything that could shut her up for a day, the pegasus talking as fast as she flew sometimes when she was nervous. This meant she was currently as calm as the western waters or as jittery as the eastern flow. Applejack wouldn't know for now, because she stuffed her wife's gaping wide mouth with a hoof full of cake and followed it up with a big smooch. After the crowd reacted, she pulled Dash in close as she could and whispered. "Wanna take this dance, sugarcube?" She asked as the band started to play their song.

Glitterbanner.png

Moonlight held back her tears as best she could, which wasn't all that well, and she allowed herself some fanciful daydreaming. Her, in a beautiful dress, with a handsome groom, surrounded by royals. Canterlot Castle. Being crowned a Princess? She sighed. Such a fantasy was hers to light in the dark of the dreamworld but never to see the sunlight, a flight of fancy true to its tale. But she had a good backup plan and she leaned into him during the ceremony. She lingered a little longer after the crowd started to follow, making sure to be by Remington's side. The stallion had so little wherewithal during a wedding that he would probably end up walking into a Great Seedling trap if he wasn't tied to her hip. They sat down for drinks, him first- she had to admire somepony's form, so 'in' right now!- and she made sure she was comfortable when she returned. "One dark cider with, umm, maybe a cherry on it. And he'll take..." she paused and giggled as she looked him over, "one orange crush cocktail, por favor?" She asked sweetly. She was gonna have fun with Remmy tonight, Celestia help them both.

REvxA6F.png

Apple Bloom wandered on over to the reception, her brain afire. For all of the worries and petty complaints she harbored about things lately, she was still overwhelmed by the prospect of her family getting even larger. The Apples were the greatest family on the planet and adding the fastest pony on the planet only added to the endless roster of great abilities they had and the ponies who came with them. Now you could ask the Apples to do anything and they could do it. Well, except whatever it was that Discord did, since he was a barrel and a half of unpredictable consequences. As she made her way in she couldn't help but see him floating closer and closer towards the newlyweds, his gift in hoof. With Fluttershy though he was currently occupied with Zap Apple, and as Apple Bloom approached she saw him snap his gift shut and send it into the gift pile. Well, she assumed as such. "Aww, Ah knew you were secretly a softy. Between a gift an' yer cryin', Ah'd a thunk it was you gettin' married," she said with a wink as she elbowed the elder deity. "Fluttershy, yer lookin' good. How's tha sanctuary holdin' up?" She asked as she bent down to un-mess her cousin's mane. "Auntie Bloom is just so excited taday Zappy. Wanna get some cake?"

• Like 2
  • Apple 2

• 2 weeks later...

o6vToeQ.png

Remington had thought his task was his alone to bear when alongside him arrived his friend the pink unicorn, who confidently overrode Remington's drink order in place of more appropriate beverages for the two to enjoy. She was a smart one. Remington didn't know how to operate in these kinds of functions, but it seemed he was about to be taught how. He looked at her affably. "They have orange here? Reminds me of my ol' foalfriend Valen. He knew all about oranges." Remington threw his hooves up sarcastically. "Where they grow, how sweet each one tastes. He wasn't too fond of them though. It was a family thing. I wonder if the apples ever have ponies that get tired of apples." At some point today, Remington was going to learn how to not say everything that was on his mind, or if he doesn't a hoofslap in the muzzle might be waiting for him.

large.png

Fluttershy and Zap had both peeked into Discord's giftbox and saw the creature he teased before he quickly snapped it shut and returned the gift to the pile. "W-wha-what was that?" Fluttershy was not scared nearly as much as she was confused. Discord had always done silly things and she grew top accept him for his peculiar style. But she wasn't even sure she could discern what it was the gift was supposed to be.

"Is that a amminal?" Zap correctly enunciated.

Apple Bloom approached them and complimented Fluttershy's dress. "Oh thank you, Apple Bloom. Sanctuary is good, assuming Angel and Dr. Fauna have everything under control while I'm away."

Zap lit up at the sound of the word cake. "Oooooo! Yes! Yes! Yes!" He began jumping with his wings up, and did not stop. "Cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake."

2G9UBpl.png

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

RD had been a little tongue tied for a bit! There was just so much going on and she kinda wished it could be just her and AJ right then. She knew everpony here loved and supported them and she very much appreciated it but having alone time with her wife would be great too! That time would come, just their little family, but she needed to enjoy the moment!

SPLAT! 

Next thing she knew there was cake in her face which she grinned and shook off and then a kiss from AJ!

"Yeah, let's dance!" Their song was playing and RD gracefully swept her wife onto the dance floor. As she lead the dance she whispered in AJ's ear. "I love you AJ, can't wait for us to relax together after this." She nuzzle her, keeping the dance slow to help AJ be comfortable.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

2VHTitC.png

Her mare was finally snapped out of the lovely trance she was in by the cake. Which was all well and good since her hooves hurt and she needed somepony to lead the dance and a tired Rainbow wasn't one primed to lead anything but the path to bed. Which didn't sound too bad to Applejack in any case but it was too early to conk out. Even if Ambrosia was kicking up a storm. Yep, your mother was having fun without you. "Oh, we'll relax later, all right. You better think good on yer hooves, sugarcube. Yer leadin' this dance," she said as she leaned into her wife, happy enough to have the support in every meaning of the word.

Glitterbanner.png

Her face nearly turned beat red, or orange, when Remington mentioned Valen. Talk about a blast from the past, well buried but always relevant. It was all true though. She had once known everything there was to know about oranges even if she didn't care a bit for them. Was there an Apple who didn't care for apples? She didn't know. She didn't care to know. She just wanted to stop choking on her drink, which she had been doing since the name Valen was mentioned. "Oh-HACK-oh, I don't, think, like-HACK- I don't think there are any Apples like that, not like, uhh, like that...what was his name? Varen?" She fake pondered, then shrugged her shoulders. "Enjoying the drink, cutie?"

REvxA6F.png

Zap Apple was more excited than a fox in a hen house when it came to cake and who could blame him? Cake was one of the few unequivocally great things about life and today they were gonna have one heck of a cake to boot. She led him to the cake in between his bopping and her weaving. They were the only ones making their way there but she worked her way around an increasingly busy family dinner table every night, so this was nothing to her! She got there and started going to work, cutting out three pieces before ponies could crowd her out. She handed a plate to her nephew. "Here ya go, Zap Apple! Eat up. Then party!" She said with a smile as she handed a piece to Fluttershy. "Here ya go too. How are tha gators comin' in from tha Everfree on 'count of tha swamp nearby having' them hydras pop up?"

• Like 1
  • Aubergine 1

• 4 weeks later...

2G9UBpl.png

Zap Apple gave a wing-aided jump up to the plate of cake his aunt was giving him. He eagerly grabbed it and continued to flutter a glide down and away to begin his execution of devouring his slice of the wedding dessert. As if he was hiding something, he kept his wings up to guard off any intruders on his piece of pie.

large.png

"Why, thank you Apple Bloom!" Fluttershy said softly. "Oh, Allie, Crocky, and their little one Tator joined the sanctuary last Friday. They were a little scared but they are fine now." Fluttershy giggled in between her explanation at the thought of the behavior of the younger animals that find their way to her temporary custody. "Little Tater started making friends with baby elephant Ellie when Ellie was trying to bathe in the water. Hehe. Tator spit water at her to try and help." Fluttershy stopped breathing normally and chuckled as her sense of humor overtook her story.

o6vToeQ.png

Remington thought it strange that Moonlight was having trouble breathing while trying to respond to what he had said. The drink was probably the cause. Or maybe it just traveled down the wrong tube. When she reacted to what he had said about his old friend, it was obvious to him she didn't hear his name correctly. So Remington decided to make sure she understood. "Valen. It's Valen." He looked into her eyes and lifted his chin so that she could see the enunciations. "Val. Lin. Valin." He removed his stern corrective expression and took a casual sip of his drink, smacked his lips a little and said, "Mmm, it is good."

• Like 1