The Solution To Stress (Open to all)

Aisede

She smiled as Aloe spoke her mind on pride on your heritage. While her parents' pride had gone far enough for all of them and then some, sir could definitely see where Aloe was coming from. It is important to be able to be proud of who you are and all the things that make you that. She'd lived with such an extreme for so much of her life, that she had kind of forgotten what it meant to have a healthy pride for one's heritage.

She watched as Rose seemed to battle with something internally. Her mind seemed to wander elsewhere before she shook herself back to reality. Compass knew the feeling well. She gave a knowing smile as she replied to Aloe's invitation for friendship. "I like the sound of that." she sighed, laying back in the mud bath "I'm always up for new friends." she gave a little yawn and laughed "If they're ok being up at night, that is."

• Like 2

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe watched Rose's reaction to her words with concern. It appeared that she was either deep in thought or she was remembering something that she probably want wanting to. After s seeing the mare shake her head, she'd concluded the latter. She hadn't meant to stir up old memories and was about to apologize when Rose spoke up saying that she would like to be friends. 

Compass seemed to share her concern for their new friend until she spoke up and then Compass herself said that she was always up for new friends provided they liked to be awake at night. Aloe smiled. "I think I would be able to have a few nights a week for a mares night out. Honestly it's been a while since I've done anything outside the spa. I could use a little bit more fun in my life. Not that running the spa isn't enjoyable," she said with a smile before resting a hoof on one of Rose's. "And you have my apologies if my words earlier awoken something painful within... It was not my intention to do so. I wish only to bring relief and happiness to my customers and to my friends," she finished with a smile. 

Rose, unironically, actually felt worse for making the spa mare feel bad, looking up at her utterly speechless. "... No, no, it is simply a personal matter of no consequence. You do an excellent job, Aloe," she smiled softly. "And I quite like the idea of a 'mare's night out.' Although I must admit, I'm not certain what entertainment facilities we may visit for such an occasion."

She turned her gaze towards Compass, then, head cocked to the side and one ear tilted. "Do you have any reccomendations? I suppose it is always an option to forego travel and simply meet at one of our abodes, but I have so little experience on the subject that my reccomendations are null."

Still, spending some quality time with two nice ponies sounded like a good way to build up reputation, and maybe make some friends. 

Compass laughed a little "Night is certainly easier for me. Though it would be selfish of me to expect my friends to always accommodate my needs. How about nights every third week, and days otherwise. I can always wear my sun hat." she giggled "Besides, there's much more to do in the day, in Ponyville." 

She clapped her hooves when Rose asked for recommendations "I was hoping you'd ask that." she smiled happily "as a matter of fact, I have a list of places I've seen at night that I've always been interested to visit in the day. The spa was just one of them." she drew in the mud with her hoof not really making any visible shapes, but it helped her to visualize what she was thinking about "Around the corner over here, there's a theater. I've never been to one of those before, and although it doesn't have to be daytime, I've just never had an excuse to go before. Over here, there's a bowling alley. Bowling just seems so weird, and I just have to give it a try! Then there's a couple flower shops that seemed like fun. One of them is focused around food flowers, and I know I could just get flowers to eat at home but... I don't know, I just had a feeling about going to visit." she giggled excitedly "Sorry, it's just really exciting to actually talk about this with somepony instead of just writing lists and drawing up directions." she blushed "N-not that that's... all I do in my spare time..." 

// PS: Theater referring to the one the CMC visit in the Babs Seed Episode and then the Bowling Alley from Slice of Life. The flower shop, tho, refers to one that another of my OCs owns. Not as popular as the canon one, but it has my character in it. o3o (also i couldn't think of other places Ponyville has. just imagine she gave a slightly longer list lol)//

• Hearthoof 1

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe nodded in agreement with Compass as she talked about a compromise that they could so. She said that it wouldn't feel fair for all of her friends to only work around her schedule. Besides, that's what she had her sun hat for. She also added that there were more things to do during the day in Ponyville than there was at night. She mentioned the bowling ally, a theater, a few flower shops in town. The list was actually quite long... almost like she'd been waiting for an opportunity to so these events herself at some point. She felt bad for Compass. It sounded like she spent a lot of time alone. Both of these mares... oh who was she fooling, all three of them seem like they had been alone for a while now. She knew that she had. She wasn't sure about Rose, but from what she said about being new here and working with her shop as well, it sounded like she was struggling a bit herself. For a city that had the School of Friendship in it, it seemed like it was really hard to make any lasting friendships here. Hopefully today would change that and would be a start of something special.

Rose did tell her that she was okay though and that what she had said hadn't awakened anything inside of her. That itself was a relief to Aloe, and she also seemed to like the the idea for a mares night out, or just a mare's time in general. She nodded although Rose reminded them that she was new to the area so she wasn't really sure on what there was to do. "I wouldn't be opposed to anything that Compass has on her list to do. Honestly despite living here in Ponyville... I've actually never been to the bowling alley.... or the theater..." she said rubbing the back of her head as the timer went off... "Alright! The mineral baths should be ready for you. We'll be fifteen minutes in those and then it will be time for the massages... I will be able to bring you both into the room, but unfortunately... I am but one mare so I will have to alternate massage treatments," she said with a small blush feeling slightly like she was letting her patrons down. This is where she wished that her sister was here so she could help...

• Like 1

"What's bowling?" Rose tilted her head, groaning as she rose from her ironically murky bath, viscous semi-fluid trailing down her body to meet at the surface of the greater mass like malassis. She felt pretty good, all things considered. The mud bath was a unique experience, and she wouldn't mind trying it again. "And I don't recall ever seeing any stages around Ponyville, except for the one near town hall."

There was no such thing as bowling where she came from. The very notion was alien to them, especially considering there weren't any creatures that lived down there with dexterous digits. 

Compass started getting up from her own bath, but laughed and almost lost her balance "Honestly, I'm not entirely sure, myself! From what I have seen, it seems to involve a heavy ball and wooden clubs of some kind. From the number of ponies with cutie marks that have these things in them coming out of the building, I thought it was popular in Ponyville. I might have been wrong, but in any case, it's really caught my interest." she climbed out and hung her wings over the bath to let the mud slide off them before she folded them up beside her "Sometimes, I feel like I'm missing out on so much that ponies get to do and what they know about. This 'Bowling' is one of them." she frowned "It can feel like my race is a huge hurdle to getting to know ponies." she mused then she smiled "But with Princess Twilight's new school, and the non-pony creatures that have been coming and going, I have been feeling more and more comfortable with showing my face more often. Honestly, the work that she's done to spread the joy of friendship is nothing short of a miracle. She's really a blessing to Equestria." she smiled wide and scratched the back of her neck "Sorry, I tend to get a little bit carried away talking about the princess. I've never felt somepony deserved to rule as much as I do for her." she laughed "Which sounds funny coming from an Aerion when it's not about Princess Luna, but that's me. I've never really fit in all that well with the rest of my kind." 

• Like 1

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

"I've had a few of their customers come through here after their... 'league nights' to help relax. They tall about pins and scores all the time. I'm not entires sure what any of the rules are myself, but I'm sure it's not too hard to figure out," Aloe said in response to the other two. "I think considering none of us have ever been bowling before, that is where we should have our first mare's night out," she said with a smile. That smile faded when she heard Compass say that she felt like her race was a huge hurdle when it came to trying to get to know ponies. She always hated when ponies judged others on how they looked before they took a chance to get to know them. She said that the school of friendship and seeing all the new creatures around has made her more comfortable in showing herself a bit more. Of course she'd already spoken her mind on that so saying it again would be redundant.

As the mud started to drain off of them Aloe would direct both of the other mares to step through a small arching pipe that had warm but not hot water flowing through it with just a bit of pressure.
"If you would like to step through these, this will help get the mud off before you get into the mineral baths. Those will be much hotter, almost like a jacuzzi," she smiled as she heard Rose comment about not seeing many stages. "If I recall correctly... it seems that Pony tends to build a new stage every single time there's a show coming to town and then instantly tear it down, but if we want to do a theater, we could make it a weekend thing and go to one of the theaters in Canterlot, or back home in Trottingham! They had some brilliant performers back home," she said with a smile before turning back to Compass. "Believe it or not, when the Princess lived in Ponyville, before she because the princess, and shoot, even before she became an Alicorn she was a regular customer that would come through every day with the rest of the elements of harmony. Unfortunately the only one I see on a regular basis anymore of them is Rarity since everypony else left to pursue their own goals. I'm happy for them, but it gets sad after a while watching ponies leave and never come back..." she said with a not so small amount of sadness in her voice.

Rose took a modicum of interest in the arched contraption as she passed under it, allowing it to spray her coat clean before shaking herself like a dog. "I can believe that. For minor drama, at least."

"Travelling entertainment has been a gimmick for centuries, although if we do choose to indulge in some theatre, I'd reccomend pursuing that endevour in the capital. It's clear that it's the real heart of Equestrian art and culture here, and I have business to attend to there anyways. I met a curious purple mare that took an interest in me." She smirked at this, rolling her eyes. "I guess even 'boring' things like looking at plants can be interesting to some ponies."

She turned her attention to Compass, then, giving her a look over. "How do you feel about flora, by chance? Ever take the chance to collect samples while you're out mapping geography?"

Compass followed suit after Rose, stretching her wings backward to allow the spray nozzles to get all around them without spreading them up or out so as to take up too much space so she wouldn't fit after making it through, she flicked the water of her wings and folded them back down, wringing her mane with her hooves, surprised at how well it removed the mud from between her hairs. As she did these things, she spoke happily in response to the others "Hey! If we go to Canterlot, I could invite my old friend to come join us!" she scratched the back of her head "I mean, if it's okay with you two. He's not a mare, so idk if that's out of the question for a 'mare's night' activity.... also, he's not really an avid theatre goer that I know of. But I just love to see him whenever I visit Canterlot." she smiled

She put her hoof down and thought for a second about her response to Rose's question "Well... I've never really been all too interested in plants as a subject to research. I do see a lot of them, and could probably tell you where I'd seen any of them before, and even produce a technical drawing of any of them, but.... then again, I could also walk you down my childhood street and show you the exact cobblestone that I named Gerald once because I was bored." she shrugged, blushing slightly at the actually pretty embarrassing story that she didn't even realize she was just telling near complete strangers about, that she never told anypony else about before, until she'd already said it. "S-so yeah, I can remember your flowers and your vines and things, but It's not really my cup of tea." she tried futily to make the slip seem natural and uninteresting, hoping they wouldn't ask her to tell the whole story.

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe nodded to Compass when she asked if she could invite another friend of hers if they did the Canterlot venue. That she loved to visit him any time she was in Canterlot. "Sure, I don't have a problem with it," she says with a smile leading them into a room that had one large bath with steam rolling off of it and the jets inside roaring away. It didn't seem like either pony had much to say on ponies leaving Ponyville and not coming back. Though depending on how new they were to this little village they probably haven't experienced that yet. She also wasn't s sure what they felt about the bowling as the subject had appeared to have been dropped. 

She listened as Rose asked about the flora that she might have found during some of her trips. The answer was one that... Didn't really surprise her honestly. Unless you were a pony like herself or Rose and actually had a reason to use plants, to most that's all they see are plants. Sometimes they might have pretty flowers that smell nice that, but that's about it. However, if she remembered where some of those were, that could help things a bit. "Well then, when we go to the Everfree, we might be able to use some of those. Especially ones that might have some healing properties," she said. "With that in mind, the baths are ready," she smiled. 

• Like 1

Ah, this brings back memories. Unpleasant memories, but still memories. She stifled a chuckle as she dipped her hoof daintily into the boiling water, looking not too unlike a lobster testing the pot he'd be boiled in. A dish best served hot for sure, and that's just how she liked her water.

So in she went!

Like before, her fluid movements barely disturb the flow of water, as if she weren't even a physical presense registered by the aquatic mass. She bobbed at the surface, eyes wide and smile wider as she addressed the two ponies. If she didn't turn into a seapony in that moment, it'd be a surprise. "an unusual proposal, but not one I object to, so long as he's well behaved around us mares ~"

She giggled, swaying in the bubbling tides she caused in the bath. "Ah, I love the water, so refreshing! Compass, dear, how do aerions fair in water?" She politely waved off Aloe's comment. "I already have healing covered. I'm a certified apothecary, after all."

// I'm sorry about the delay. i had a whole thing typed up, then my stupidity made it disappear and I didn't feel like retyping it for a while //

Compass watched as Rose entered the bath as gracefully as she'd seen anypony do. She stood at the side of the bath while Rose talked, listening to her response to her question. She stifled a laugh when Rose implied Stellar 'trying something' with the mares, as she imagined the stuttering mess he'd become if somepony suggested that kind of thing. "I assure you, there would be no problems there. Stellar is far too nervous around new ponies to even think about 'trying anything'." she giggled quietly "Besides. He's also gay." compass laughed, but then she made a face "Oh, uh..... can we uh.... not tell him I told you that?" she looked around sheepishly "He made me promise not to tell anypony...." Compass frowned as she began to realise just how bad at keeping secrets she was.

When Rose asked her question, Compass gave a half smile "Well... I've never really done this before, so... I suppose we'll find out together, eh?" She nervously dipped a hoof in the water to test. It was hot but not more than she felt she could handle. She took a deep breath and muttered "Here goes..." before she sat on her haunches and scooted to lower her hind hooves in first, holding herself with her fore hooves as she submerged her body slowly the water temperature felt good but she was a little nervous about the depth of the water until her hind hooves touched the floor. Where she relaxed and breathed a sigh of relief. she lowered her body into the water until it covered up to her neck, and sat on her haunches under the water. Maybe she'd try floating or swimming some other time, but right now she was content just sitting. "This water smells very nice. What minerals do you have in it? Perhaps herbs as well? I'm sure Rose would know a thing or two about those." she winked

• Like 1

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe couldn't help but giggle a bit when Rose added the caveat that he had well behaved around mares like them. Aloe herself didn't mind too much of a flirt. She was after all, a spa pony. Sometimes this profession lead down different avenues than most ponies would expect them to. That, however, would be for another time. Right now was not a place for those kind of thoughts. At  least, not this time. Perhaps on another visit. When Compass brought up that he would be fine, and that he was gay anyway so that wouldn't really be an issue to him Aloe smirked. "I never heard a thing," she said when Compass asked for them to not repeat what she had said. Apparenlty she wasn't supposed to tell anypony that.

When she asked about the minerals that were in the bath, and what herbs, mention that Rose would probably know a thing or two about those. "Well, this particular bath is actually more herbal than mineral at the moment. It does have a small amount of zinc and an even smaller amount of copper to help with shimmer but this is mostly a relaxation blend with lavender, chamomile, willow, and rose oils and fragrances. The willow and will actually help sooth any aches and pains that you might have as well, and the chamomile is the primary relaxant that is in the water," she replied.

• Like 1

Well, she knows who she's not trusting any secrets with. Without even keeping count, she knew this was the second time in under an hour that the bat-pony had revealed something about her distant friend that she had sworn to safeguard. "Curious... It never occurred to me that any creature had never gotten their hooves wet. We learn something new every day..."

Her ears perked up as Compass stated her question, looking to Aloe as she answered. "Chamomile?" Now that she really thought about it, it was doing wonders for her nerves. Asides from making splendid tea, its aroma did a fair amount of work as well. "You really do know your way around plants, Aloe. What did your sister specialize in, if I may ask... If that is not a sore subject, of course." She only realized she may have hit a sore spot after the damage had been done.