[Open Ask] To Market, to market, to buy...Uh... (@KaityKat117)(@Aisede)

TessQ85

Nodding, Zecora, accepts the day and time, chuckling at yet another attempt at rhyming. It seemed as if this unicorn was trying this in playful mimicry to her own way of speaking. As flattering as it was, she knew she enjoy tea later on with them. She offered back the empty basket, having put the purchased flowers into her satchel, both to dry and to keep them from those hungry enough to attempt to take them. At this, she leaves, wordlessly, knowing that everything is arranged, as she had hoped.

Edited by TessQ85
Grammar, flow and such.
  • Like 1

Screenshot-20201213-103458-Gallery.jpg

1.png

In an unassuming corner of Ponyville, surrounded by shops of various kinds, sat a quaint little flower shop. The sign read "Love and Lillies" with a stylized lily superimposed as a logo of sorts. Its red Dutch door closed with a note that said "Closed for Lunch. Knock if urgent."

Flower Love opened the top half of her double-hinged shop door outward, and removed the note with her magic, teleporting it to someplace inside. On the inside of the door, she hung a sign that said "Yes, we're open! Ring bell for service." and she placed a bell on the counter atop the bottom half of the door.

It had been about a year since she'd moved to Ponyville. She knew, when she got here, that her shop she wanted to open would be unlikely to do all that well, since Ponyville already seemed to have a well established flower shop, and although her shop's focus was different, being the flowers' culinary values, it was still an already saturated market. She was content having slow business with just a few friendly ponies as her return customers. She had thought about trying to move to her hometown of Manehattan, where her shop's predecessor had been, but she'd grown to really like Ponyville. And although business wasn't booming, it was enough to get by.

She turned around inside and began tending to her chrysanthemums, gently humming a familiar tune to herself. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Present Day

Ponyville Outskirts: 10:12 am

What an absolutely beautiful day ~ The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and none of her darn Leap Frogs escaped to another timeline yet! yet. She had setup a monitoring system in her lab to make sure they stayed as she analyzed their genes. Hopefully she can make a... regression agent soon, but in the meantime, she had to open up shop!

Aloe was probably already at her spa, so it was just her for the time being. Flipping over the CLOSED (Intruders will be turned into frogs) sign to OPEN (Guests MAY be turned into frogs), she thrust open the lacquered hybrid oaken doors to greet a new day with a smile on her face. "Today is going to be a good day!" she said to herself, inhaling the fresh air. 

She'd attempted marketing as of late, setting up flyers and ads wherever was convenient and relevant, hawking her exotic wares for anyone curious enough to come see. And exotic they were! She had rearranged her shelves so that only her best and freshest bottles, flasks, and colorful vials were on display. Of course, the front counter held her best (One may even say vintage), such as her latest (Safe) regen and physique enhancing potions. Not many ponies really got seriously injured around here, but who knew when you'd need a quick fix after running for your life from Ponyville's latest monster attack?

The shop itself, while not necessarily hard to miss, didn't stand out any more than any other shop did, with a great big xenon sign proclaiming this to be Rose Compass' Cure-All's & Curios! , a relatively small but cozy building, with a real roof and even a chimney spouting mysterious colorful vapors into the air that were completely safe and wouldn't cause spontaneous bubble sneezing that makes your coat change color.

Out back, her garden was flourishing, out front, her fresh herbs were basking in the sun- but protected from harmful rays as well- and she had even begun the construction of a small pool to the far left of the building, more for her and Aloe's enjoyment than anything, although a picket sign informed the curious that they MAY be able to become a seapony for a rented allotment of time if they wanted to. Some shiny enchanted pearls sat next to the black rocky bowl, waiting for somepony to come along and decide they want to grow a fish tail. 

Out front, there was one more sign, the same thing printed on all her ads around town:

Potions for ails, potions for sore nails
Potions that cure, potions for perfect tenure.
Need a hoof? How about two more? We have a potion for that!
Have bad teeth? Crooked chompers or lame stompers?
We have a potion for that!
Want your coat to shift through the visible spectrum?
We have a potion for that too!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The first to approach Rose’s store was an earth pony stallion, one who had met Rose in the past but had never seen her shop before. Tiger looked over the outside of the building, taking it all in before he decided to approach fully and greet the mare. 

“Yo, Rose! Nice place you got here, really interesting. What kinda stuff you sell here?” He asked, smiling over at her. “Or, I guess, what kind of stuff can I not get here? I’ve got a bit of an idea of something I’d like to try out.”

Instantly spotting the stallion, Rose's smile could not possibly get any wider. "Hey, Tiger!" She waved him over, trotting halfway to meet him with an energetic spring in her step. "It's so good to see you here! What did you have in mind?"

Quirking her head to the left, she brought a hoof up to her chin, her smile turning coy. "I don't just sell potions here, by the way. I've a rather developed affinity for runes and enchantments as well, although potioncraft is what I excel at, as you can well see." She gestured into her store, and at the various array of bottled (and some burbling) fluids on display.

“Well, somepony’s happy, huh? I take it you’re having a good day.” Tiger chuckled, pausing after she finished speaking to try to find the right words. 

“Well, as you know, I work for Blueblood now. Ever since I found out about his ability to switch genders, I’ve wondered what being a mare would be like. The more I think about it, the more I want to try it.” He said, nodding a bit. “Preferably with the ability to switch back and forth.”

Alright... Neither of you are following the rules. Pyro, you never messaged me to join my post. Aisede, your arc was done and you didn't wait your turn. KaityKat was next to be interacted with in this post. Both of you need to follow the rules set out by this site and by this post, by me. The title of the post says, (OPEN ASK)... NOT (Open just message anyone but the Original Poster). Not only that, you aren't even responding to me in your reply on my post, you are trying to RP with someone that also broke the rules. Both of you, GTFO. I'm still not feeling well, and can't return and dedicated myself to proper cannon Zecora RP. You both have been reported to @Admin