[SPONSORED] Winter Winds and Snowy Sailing, A Wonderful Show! (HWE Event, Open!)

Blueblood

(Jumping in to post, just cause I might not get another chance)

Sky took a short break between the past pair of songs to check the audience.  All three fillies, plus more faces behind that Sky couldn't make out, were enraptured with his music and Windy's Dance.  Probably with Windy's Dance, if he was being honest; and these next few songs would do so all the more.  He wrote them for Windy specifically, to sing with her own voice.  He started out with something bright and cheerful, a nice little ditty about winter coming, but being fine with the cold, because you got your boots on!

Spoiler

The next number was a softer number, more in the lower register, about taking those booted hooves and running away with your true love to a magical place far, far away.

Spoiler

All of these had a dance beat to them that would allow her to still show her moves, but the last number of this set was a little different.  He had to pause again, setting down the synths to pick up his guitar.  This was much more melodic, and he suspected that Windy would pour more heart into the words than the music for this one.  For what were the future plans of two ponies in showbiz, if not a million dreams all piled up?

Spoiler

• Like 1

Candy Corn

Candy would give a big sister glare to Caramel and the looked up to the filly. Did they really both come on their own. She knew Caramel started school shortly when the winter term began, but to bring little Kettle. 

The eldest sister however was taken out of overprotective sister mode by Sky’s complement about the popcorn. “Little Kettle here really came into her own with her Popcorn. And don’t forget about your corn Caramel. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and salty, just like our family.” She giggled once more.

As the show would start, Candy would sit mesmerized as she pulled Caramel into her side. Sky Sailing’s singing was quite impressive, though when Windy came on, she really stole the show. “Wow!”

• Like 1

~~~Wind Dancer~~~

As the music for then next song started, the lights around them started to match what would be seen more on a pop scene. When the bass drum kicked in, she began stomping her hoof to the beat as she started to move up into an arched back pose before snapping forwards as the crystal she was wearing lit up and she began to sing.

"You might know if you're from around here

What goes on for half of the year"

She started singing, accenting the beat with her body. Every beat drop was a new pose. There wasn't a lot of wind at moment. That would come later in the song, but right now, the focus was just simple movements.

"Have you seen the queen of the castle?
Paint this city from ear to fear"

She then began to strut forward a bit, but each step also resulting in a different pose.

"If the air was meant to be glitter
It might not take all yours away
When she swings she's a heavy hitter
When she comes you'll ask her to stay
"

When she got to the end of her proverbial runway she began to Lunartrot backwards while still looking like she was walking forward. She gave a two part mane flip in sequence with a smile and then frown before trotting in place during the next lines but gaining altitude with each step that she took.

"Winter left a cover
That I'm gonna end up under
But I've got my hooves

When I'm in the summer
I forget how much I love her
When she's in the groove
"

During that, the pressure and the winds built under her a bit and as she hit the last line she leaned back, and then with the sound explosion from the chorus she burst out over the crowd and began a series of fast paced dances directly above them before dropping down next to the two sisters and bobs lightly with them to the beat before taking off and landing in front of them.

"Oh, it's a love hate romance
'Cause I could watch her dance
If I've got my ho-oo-oo-oves"

She then skipped and jumped forward with the beat before she snapped into four different poses, each snap sending a gust of wind in whatever direction her wings went, which was once in each cardinal direction with the last bit of the chorus.

"Something in the way she comes gliding
Makes me need to fix up the hair
She gets me to come out of hiding
And find something decent to wear
"

The second verse started pretty close to how the first one did, but she moved up into the sky a bit more so she could start getting the clouds more involved. She would trace through them with her wing and then punch through them to make them puff out into glitter, a mane style, and other fashion items before they faded

"Stop and stare"

She then did a snap back to the crowd, a twirl, and then a full spread pose before going backwards into a nosedive while she started the next chorus,

"Winter left a cover
But I've got my hooves
"

At this part of the chorus, she was only a few feet off the ground as she righted herself and began to strut forward then use many of the same poses that she did from the chorus before.

"When I'm in the summer
When she's in the groove

Oh, it's a love hate romance
If I've got my ho-oo-oo-oves"

When she faded out of the chorus into this part of the song she had a lot of stop and sharp poses that looked to be almost like stop-motion break dancing as once again, just about every limb and only that limb seemed to harness and hold the entirety of her weight as her motions snapped cleaning with the beat and the lyrics while she continued to sing.

"A love hate romance
When I see her dance
I got on my hooves
Got my hooves yeah

A love hate romance
I can't help but prance
I got on my hooves
Got my hooves yeah
"

Then the chorus started up once more and she spun out of the stop-motion break dancing into more of a full arching sweep as she let the energy build. 

"Winter left a cover
But I've got my boots
"

As she started to transition into this portion of the chorus, she began to let the winds flow a bit more around her as she started to barrel roll one directing, pushing the winds in one direction...

"When I'm in the summer
When she's in the groove"

and then looping back around and barrel rolling the opposite direction causing the winds to clash and swirl some of the dust and grass it's picked up in the air.

"Winter left a cover
But I've got my hooves"

The changes in her motions wound down a bit as she went into the final bit of the chorus...

"When I'm in the summer
When she's in the groove

Oh, it's a love hate romance
If I've got my boots"

and she finished that song with a snap down with her head letting the bangs of her mane fall down over her eyes.

There was a slight pause between the two songs to allow her to catch her breath. Doing the singing and the dancing for that song, and the one that was coming up for that matter, was intense. It was definitely something that she wasn't completely used to yet, but she was working on it. She hoped that at some point she could be as good at singing as Sky was, and she could make Sky as good at dancing as she was. Her thoughts vanished though as the music for the next song began. There was no rest for her in this song and no slow build up. As soon the music was playing, she was moving. Everything in this song was much faster paced, and like before all of her movements accented both the snare and the bass hits. Moves and dances flowing from hoof to shoulder to wing to flank. This continued behind the lyrics.

"From the busy parks to the icy tides
Some day we'll decide
Where we want to live out our lives
Form out into sparks tumbling along
Keeping the heat on
Even though summer's coming on
"

The chorus she began gliding in the sky, once again blending styles of dance as she looked like she was skating in the air and swept out to the left in a large loop as she sang the chorus out, mirroring some of the moves from the stationary opening sequence

"I would sail across the east sea
Just to see you on the far side
Where the wind is cold and angry
There you'll be to take me inside
We'll find ways to fill the empty
Far from all the hysteria
I don't care if we suddenly
Find ourselves in Equestria, Equestria"

When she finished the chorus, she started doing wing pulses as she sang, a blast of wind with each one that burst on the ground like a strobe light hitting all timed with the beat.

"Inside a street car or on a mountain trail
Details, details, you breathe in when I exhale
No matter where we are
Or which way the wind blows
Or how heavy the snow
Nothing can change where we will go
"

The grass could be seen getting pushed down by the force of the blast. This continued in combination with other various dance moves before she started singing the second chorus. She gave a jump and a twirl as she burst out, sweeping to the right this time reversing the direction of all of the dances and the sweeping look that she did for the first chorus

I would sail across the east sea
I don't care if we suddenly
Find ourselves in Equestria,
We'll leave Aquillia, Equestria

When the second chorus faded into the repeating lyric, all forward motion of Wind Dancer stopped, but the winds that followed her continued to blow. She spread her wings as she repeated the name of her homeland each time, letting the wind sweep her mane and tail around as she slowly turned.

"Equestria
Equestria
Equestria
Equestria"

On the final repeat as the music faded out, the swell of sound came back for one final push of the chorus. Instead of doing the sweeps like she did for the first two, it was filled with snap and pop movements, using the way her suit captured the lights for the effects.

"I would sail across the east sea
Find ourselves in Equestria,
We'll leave Aquillia, Equestria"

• Like 1

AS the music faded out from this tune she descended from the air to the ground in the center of the square. Sky was taking the time to prepare for this one was he sat the synths down and pulled out his guitar for this one. This next song didn't have any more choreography to it than some simple sweeps, sways, and swells, but it was the meaning behind the song that held so much more for her. Plus it was a good recovery song from two very fast paced songs.

Wind dancer simply swayed back and forth as she heard sky play the opening. She spread her wings just enough to let the winds swell up as she came in.

"I close my eyes and I can see
A world that's waiting up for me
That I call my own
Through the dark, through the door
Through where no one's been before
But it feels like home"

Wind Dancer would start sweeping her hooves in an arching motion as she sang into the beginning of the chorus

"They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy
They can say, they can say I've lost my mind
I don't care, I don't care, if they call me crazy
We can live in a world that we design"

AS she started to get into the chorus proper she begin to walk on her wind pushing herself up into the sky once more as her heart started to almost pour out of her chest as the heart of the chorus began with a hoof on said chest.

"'Cause every night, I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
Oh, a million dreams for the world we're gonna make"

The biggest difference between this song and the other two, was that every move had meaning. It told a story, and the feeling that was in the lyrics hit home to her. To finally get to perform this song in front of a crowd, no matter how big it was. It was beyond special for her, especially considering whom was the pony that inspired this song, was the one that was playing the guitar for it. She wore a smile the entire time, but if a pony looked close, they could see small tears falling as she continued to sing as the chorus died into the second verse.

"There's a house we can build
Every room inside is filled with things from far away
Special things I compile
Each one there to make you smile on a rainy day"

The second verse soon gave way to the intro of the second coming of the chorus, and the emotion in the song only grew and swelled as she looked to the crowd and then she turned back to Sky as the chorus got to full swell once again.

"They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy
They can say, they can say we've lost our minds
See, I don't care, I don't care if they call us crazy
Run away to a world that we design

'Cause every night, I lie in bed
Oh, a million dreams for the world we're gonna make

At this point, she started using her hooves and wings to continue to illustrate the story behind the lyrics that she wrote, going from as small as she could to full spread before locking into a self hug, and then she pointed back to the crowd as the song built back up and the song began to climax and she put just about everything that she had into the final chorus. She couldn't go all out though, there was still one song left, and that bit of choreography was the most important piece of the routine of the entire night.

"However big, however small
Let me be part of it all
Share your dreams with me
We may be right, we may be wrong
But I wanna bring you along to the world I see
To the world we close our eyes to see
We close our eyes to see

Every night, I lie in bed
A million dreams for the world we're gonna make

For the world we're gonna make,"

As the outro continued to fade she descended until she was now standing next to Sky Sailing so that they could head into the next piece when he was ready. So far, this night had been the most fun performance that she'd put on in a while, and the cherry was still to come. She looked over to one of the stagemares that she'd talked to before the event and nodded for her to get the final scene set up and ready. This... would be the most perfect ending ever, and she would, hopefully never have another show like it. She could feel her heart thumping inside of her from nervousness. Not from the dance, but the hopeful response of the stallion that was next to her. The time of complete love and unity was upon them.

((OOC: Sorry for the double post, but... I found the maximum character limit for a post on Canterlot so..... yay?

• Like 1

Caramel was, to say the least, speechless as she watched the show. It was amazing, really, watching those two work together like that to produce something likely better than either could do apart. She watched the performance in silence, totally enraptured by the music and dancing. It seemed they were getting ready for another song as the last one faded out, so she kept watching intently, not really paying attention to what was happening with her sisters. 

• Like 1

It was Sky Sailing's firm belief that Wind Dancer underrated her singing skill. If this performance was any indication, her star would rise ever higher on the tail of her new talent. It was enough for him to be a planet in orbit around her, if not a twin star in the system. But gravity had pulled them too close for them to be anything but a pair, and tonight would be the public testimony to that! As she wound down the last of the trio of songs, coming in to land beside him, he lifted his wings to be carried on her breeze, bringing the guitar with him. They'd discovered this to be the best way for him to play and move on the stage at once, and it was part of his particular talent and flying style that he could be born on the slightest breeze, and yet keep a beat as steady as if he were on a gyroscope. He plucked the first few notes of the song, a planned duet with a sweet climax, quite appropriate to its bee-like theme:

Don't remind me

That some days I'm the windshield,

And other days, I'm just a lucky bug.

As cold iron rails leave old mossy trails

Through the countryside.

The crow and the beanfield

Are my best friends, but boy I need a hug.

(Boy I need a hug)

Because my heart stops without you,

There's something about you

That makes me feel alive

With that, the pre-recorded tones would bring in a richer tune from the chorus along with his guitar, as Windy joined in the chorus while they both circled around each other in the sky,

If the green left the grass on the other side;

I would make like a tree and leave.

But if I reached for your hoof would your eyes get wide?

Who knew the other side could be so green?

Spoiler

When Sky began to play the intro to The Honey and the Bee, Wind Dancer extended a hoof to him they would do a few side steps to both sides before she would pirouette into Sky's wing as he started singing and then back out giving them a small burst of wind that would push them up into the sky when the percussion came in. She then used gentle sweeping movements that both of them were easily able to do to, and with practice they could perfect. Fittingly for the song, the dance routine that she came up with for the two of them in this piece was a simple replication of two honey bees doing their attraction dance. She would easily hit her lines on the bits that she came in behind Sky on the first verse and the chorus before they twirled back together, joining hooves as they spun in the air similar to what a pony would see in a waltz as Wind began singing her part.

"Don't remind me

I'm a chickadee in love with the sky

But that's clearly not a lot to crow about

'Cause when the stars silhouette me

I'm scared they'll forget me and flicker out

I taste honey but I haven't seen the hive

Yeah, I didn't look, I didn't even try

But still my heart stops without you

'Cause there's something about you

That makes me feel alive

If the green left the grass on the other side

I would make like a tree and leave

But if I reached for your hoof, would your eyes get wide

Who knew the other side could be so green"

Catching the winds from Windy's wings with the effortless natural billow of a sail in his own, Sky played the part of the bee and ballroom dancer, all the while one hoof strummed the chords. The other was caught by Windy, keeping them together as they swept through the air, before the brief rest in the song where they spun away for the bridge.

Backyard of butterflies surrounded me

Here a cloud burst behind Sky into the shape of those aforementioned insects.

I fell in love with you, like bees to honey

As they progressed passed the second course, Wind Dancer watched as Sky used the cloud as planned to burst into an array of butterflies before Wind looped through her cloud to make the one that she had take the form of bees, using her winds to make them dance with the butterflies that Sky had made before he rod them up with her. She moved up to him as she sang her part.

So let's up and leave the weeping to the willow trees.

He slid down the row of cloud butterflies, leaving the trail bent in the shape of a weeping willow branch as he was now level with Windy.

"And pour our tears in the sea",

Wind sang as her bees started shifting to waves. During the silence, but right before Sky started the last part of the bridge, she gave another simple twirl and made sure that the burst of wind that came with it was perfectly times with "I Swear" sending them both into double figure-eights.

I swear, there's a lot of vegetables out there, that crop up for air....

This part was the hardest for Sky, keeping his balance through the double figure eight. At this point, he was just singing to the backing track, it was just a bit too much at this point for him to keep strumming in tune. Besides, he needed his hooves free for the next bit...

But I never thought, we were two peas in a pod,

His wings leveled out, bringing them next to each other in a cloudburst that left a floral pattern in the sky.

Until you suddenly bloomed and I knew-

With a quick motion, and a preplanned pause in the music, he brought out what would be a familiar-looking box. Windy would have seen it in any number of romantic ads aimed at pegasi.

That I'd always love you

(Oh I'll always love you too.)

He slipped it open, for the wing rings inside to catch the light of the winter sunset behind him.

And if I could take your hoof for the rest of my life?

IT was at this point in the bridge that Wind Dancer herself did something a little bit different than what they had planned as the last part of her second skate-style figure-eight took a much wider turn than the last one as she snatched a box of her own from one of the stage pegasi on one of the nearby roofs. Slowly with precise twirls to coincide with the timing of they lyrics she closed the distance on Sky. Each twirl more meaningful than the last before 'dropping' to a knee on the final twirl in the sky to sing the final part of the song.

"We knew the other side could be this green"

She said before her opening her own box showing a pair of wing-rings in it as well with their cutie marks intertwined. When she saw Sky's box though her eyes went wide as they had apparently been planning the exact same thing! She waited for the music to fade and for the response of the crown before she would do anymore as the rest of Ponyville's lights would start coming back on around them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Candy Corn

The eldest Corn sibling watched the show with foallike wonder, only every so often glancing away to check on Kettle and Caramel. Every so often, she would sneak some of Caramel’s popcorn with a levitation spell. 

The show was quite entertaining and had a way of bringing eveypony in attendance closer together. She would pull Caramel into her side with her hoof, squeezing her as older siblings often do. A tear of joy would run down hear cheek. She would look up to little Kettle sitting on her head.

As Candy noticed what was going on on stage at the end, her eyes went wide. Her friend was getting engaged...and both parties where proposing to each other in their own way. “Wooohoo!,” Candy said in excitement. “Say Yes!”

Kettle had never seen a show quite like this, it has so many shapes in it! They all danced and twirled, and some of them even became bees and trees! She kinda wished she could do that, but all she had was a little horn... Oh well! 

Most of the lyrics flew right over her head, but she sure understood the last part. She was cheering right along with everybody else, 'esctatic' failing to do justice to the enthusiasm she put into her wild waving. "Do it, do it!" 

There wasn’t much to say, really. Amazing about summed it up, she thought, and she found herself wanting more as it seemed to get close to the end. She was enjoying the music, and the dances that went with them, watching the show as she idly munched on the popcorn. The proposal was unexpected, but it seemed a fitting way to do it for the two show-ponies. Plus, they seemed to have the same idea! 

Caramel remained more restrained than her sisters, but she still gave a wide smile and nod to the two adults on stage. They seemed good for each other. 

• Like 1

~~~Wind Dancer~~~

Amidst all the panting from the performance and the lights coming on, and the posting that they were in, Wind Dancer could hear the cheering from the crowd. It made her happy that they had been able to make them as happy. Then she noted something else though. It seemed that the crowd caught on to what was going on as well and she started to hear the excitement from the crowd and a chant of 'Do it!' coming from them. 

At that point, she felt like she had waited long enough and the shock of the moment had faded from both of them proposing to each other as well... She smiled with tears in her eyes as she closed the gap between her and Sky and locked him in a kiss as they descended down back to the ground making it quite apparent to everyone around that she had in fact, accepted the proposal. 

• Like 3

The initial shock faded into a warm, fuzzy clarity that wrapped Sky Sailing up so tightly he could have sworn it wasn't winter anymore.  He received the onrushing Windy's embrace, kissing her passionately as his outspread wings formed their air catcher, slowing the descent into a finale cheered by the crowds.  After an eternity that lasted a minute, he felt his hooves touch the ground, and he stepped back to breathe, attention still captured by his marefrie- no, his fiancée and her shining, joyful eyes.  "Uh, the answer is yes, by the way.  Just in case that wasn't clear."  He said, no doubt to the delight of the crowd.

Yes, it may have been one of their smallest shows, but it would be one they would remember forever.  A very Happy Heartswarming indeed.

• Like 2

Candy Corn

As both Sky and Windy said yes, Candy began to cry tears of joy. The perfect ending to a perfect preference. As the crowd thinned, the unicorn and her sisters stayed behind to wait for the couple. Though she tried to hold back, the young unicorn’s excitement would get the better of her and she soon found herself hugging Windy and Sky in a group hug. “I’m so excited for yin’s.” She would say, still crying happy tears. “You two are perfect for each other. Having the same plan and everything. Some day I hope I get as lucky as you two to find a sweat match as well.”

She would release her grip and step aside. “I don’t want to keep ya if you have other Heartswarming plans, but if you want to, we’re going to make popcorn strings and put them on a tree indoors. That’s our family tradition...your more then welcome to come to my apartment if you want though. It’s not the biggest, or a 5 horseshoe resort, but it’s my home away from home...”

• Like 2