SteelEagle

[SPONSORED] A Season's Greetings (Open: Ponyville)

Prince Blueblood

The disturbance had left its taste in the air, not to be dispelled by a few mere words from the host.  Fortunately, other ponies were entering in, bringing tastes of their own.  Not least of which was Fire Walker, bringing a special Winter Warming drink, courtesy of ol' Muggo Ale!  Blueblood smiled to see her, inwardly comforted by the fact that if Dunnie could meet both of her exes at the same party, and get along fine with them, that boded well for him keeping all his friendships intact.  *Is it odd that my social circle is so tightly integrated?  I suppose moving from the 'irrelevant socialite' category to the 'functional and aventurous elite' still puts me in pretty rarified circles.*

Nonetheless, he shot Fire a friendly wave and a grin.  "Good to see you!  I won't say I was worried about you, but it's good to see the drink arrive in time enough for everyone to enjoy it!"  He didn't move to intercept her on the way to Swift Squall, though.  Right now, it looked as if he needed her before anypony else, even him.  Though, it seemed the unicorn had words for him later.  Add that to the list of private conversations to be had.  He let the two of them pair off, as some of the other earlier arrivals were doing.  Hopefully, they could all bring the cheer of the room back up.

Oh, and speaking of which, one of the newcomers seemed to be specialized in such matters!  At least in terms of summoning an illusion of winter affection around Icy and Raven.  "A sweet scene,"  He commended, walking up behind Mystic Vision, "Though, if I know the two lovebirds, they hardly need the help.  I don't think I've seen you around before, Miss...?"  He let the question hang, noting her clouded eyes without comment.  If she made it this far without trouble, it wasn't likely she needed assistance, but if she asked, he wanted to be ready.

Spoiled Rich

Ugh, why did Royals have to be so... unprofessional in their conduct and hires? 

Spoiled was by no means impressed with what she'd seen with Blueblood's abilities as a host so far, and Dunnie's demeanor, though outwardly proprietous, belied the casualness she had observed in the pegasus before.  Why, if she wasn't mistaken, there was definite workplace fraternization happening.  "Hmph.  I suppose I can't blame you for wanting to keep your charge on a leash; there are many in society that lack self control, it seems.  It comes to ponies like us to remind them how things are done in these matters."  It was honestly a bit of a relief to leave off the 'common touch' after keeping it up all through the election season.  Perhaps in a week or two, she'd recover a kind of balance.  For now, she held her head high, and back straight, walking sharply over to where Princess Twilight was waiting.  "Your Majesty."  She bowed, the exact angle of difference required for a reigning monarch, no more, no less.  "I am ready to accept my charge."

Star Crusader

At the time when Dunnie had run up to fetch her, Star Crusader, Captain of Prince Blueblood's honor guard, had just gotten up from her nap.  The amazonian pegasus was in the process of tying her scarlet mane into a loose braid, knotted with a jade ring sizeable enough to serve as an improvised weapon if need be.  "I am required?  Very well, I will go."  There wasn't time to dress formally, so she simply donned an armored breastplate with the House Platinum sigil, specially made for her impressive size.  One check for alignment in the mirror, stoic visage noting its reflection, before she trotted downstairs.

When the pale-blue mare emerged to take her place at Blueblood's side, she made her cursory check of the room, noting potential threats, and seeing them mostly confined to ponies who were her own comrades-in-arms at EPIC, she permitted herself one iota of relaxation.  Not that she was officially part of that organization.  She just showed up at some of the missions when they filtered to her through various contacts, and who was going to tell a mare of her size, talent, and dedication to stay away?

That said, after the last set of missions, she was inclined to stay at home now, indefinitely, if her Prince was serious about her plans.  Speaking of which, there he was, eyes lighting up as they usually did in her presence.  "Ah, sorry to disturb your rest, but things... almost got out of hand.  Wanted to make sure I- we could handle things should something come up."

"It's alright, I had just gotten up."  She took up her place beside him, standing a good deal taller than the stallion.  "And it has been some time since I was able to socialize.  I wonder if anypony has missed me?"

• Like 2
  • Aubergine 1

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice Storm didn't see Raven's reaction to Swift and the feelings that he had inflicted into her. She didn't need to. She could feel the crane of Raven's neck as she glared at him and she could feel the heat off of her as the anger filled inside of her. She then heard Raven start speaking, and her words were filled with a venomous tone. One that wasn't directed toward Icy, she knew, but she could hear it nonetheless. She heard Raven tell her that the only ponies that thought that she could even consider betraying Equestria were fools or foes. That she had dealt with many of ponies like that long before STAR was made. Ponies that were willing to say and do whatever they wanted to get their way. The very ponies that she was trying to stop.

No words came from Ice Storm though in response. Instead when she felt Raven's hooves clasp around her, she clenched her own hug even tighter as they sat together. Just having her there to hold onto and comfort her was already going a long way to helping her calm down, even if the tears that stained her cheeks were showing otherwise. When Raven said that they had each other she nodded. "I know we do... and you're my everything... I love you more than anything else in Equestria, and I'm glad that you were here with me tonight," she said with a sniff as she opened her eyes back to look into hers again. When she did, what she saw shocked her. It was.... snowing? Inside? At first this alarmed her and she instantly looked down to her amulet to make sure the orbs hadn't gotten loose again. She never felt them detach, but that didn't mean anything at the moment.

"What's all of this... I'm not doing this am I?" she asked Raven confused. She didn't feel like she was using magic, but this was definitely snow falling. Wait a second... did that snowflake just go through Raven? That was weird... she was definitely going to have to see a doc... wait... was that mistletoe above them? Why did it look somewhat like a hologram that she would see from her crystal communicators? "Are you doing this?" she asked Raven. At this point most of the negative thoughts that she had were no longer present. All that she felt right now was a bit of confusion until she heard a mare speak up. She was a young mare not... too different from the two of them themselves in regards to color. At least on her coat. She was a very light blue, but her mane and tail were a combination of light green and grey. She said that she thought that they could use a helping hoof and asked if they were okay. At this point she noticed the mare's eyes. Her pupils were clouded over. The poor mare was blind! Yet she knew where they were. She was a unicorn though, so perhaps she had a spell that would allow her to see. At the very least, she was able to determine that the mare in front of them was the source of the fading snow.

She was going to say something then until she noticed that the mistletoe was starting to fade. Even if it was illusionary mistletoe... it was still mistletoe! Holiday traditions must be upheld! Before it faded away completely Icy leaned in and gave Raven a big, loving, and tender kiss before pulling back now once again wearing a smile for the night. "I think we are both okay now... Thank you," she said with genuine comfort nuzzling into Raven still holding on to her only slightly less tight than a vice. "We just... had a rather rough start to the night, but it is still young... so..." she said nuzzling Raven. "There's still plenty of time to make it a great night again," she said.

At this point Blueblood had approached from behind the mare and talked about the sweet scene. It might have been a sweet scene for the onlookers, but it's not exactly the phrasing she would have used right this moment, considering the reasons that the scene had occurred to begin with were very much not sweet. Still, she could not deny his point either. Were she anypony else watching something like this, she probably would have done the same thing, or at least something similar to what this mare had just done for them. Especially on a night like tonight where it's supposed to be festive and fun, not downtrodden and sad. It was also at this point that another one of Twilight's guards came out of the castle. She had seen the mare before, but only in passing during some of her own rounds. She'd never really interacted with her before, nor did she know what her name was. She was a whitish blue color and had a very militaristic mane and tail. She was a guard though, so it was only natural.

She was apparently relieving Dunnie of whom she didn't see at the party anymore. She did however spot that Fire Walker had arrived. The thoughts of the conversation came back to her upon seeing her as she began to wonder just how many of the lies that Swift had spouted off to her face, she couldn't imagine what he had told Fire behind her back. She shook her head though. She'd just gotten rid of those thoughs and she didn't want to revisit them again. She just simply clutched Raven a little harder as she watched the mare carrel a barrel of what she presumed was supposed to be the alcoholic beverage for the night. One thing was certain... after the way things had started tonight... she definitely needed a stein of those.

• Like 3

“Huh? Oh, that’s just something my engineer came up with to communicate when we weren’t together. Most of my crew can’t use magic like a unicorn, so we needed some other way to talk at a distance. It only reaches so far, but hey, it’s better than nothing.” Scarlett shrugged, looking over at Rose as the talk turned to her homeland. Well, that was interesting, and kind of avoiding the question. The talk of adventure and treasure just made her more interested, but the look on Rose’s face said she should drop the subject for now. 

“Well, it’s not quite on the sea, but it’s still a ship. A ship with rum on it!” She chuckled, spreading her wings and waving down the airship coming into view. It wasn’t exactly extravagant, but the Crimson Mercy was a sturdy ship. Scarlett simply flew onboard, but a platform was lowered to haul Rose up. 

• Like 3

What a facinating but conventional concept, a ship that travels through waves of clouds instead of water. Somewhat familiar with these kinds of boarding procedures, she stepped up onto the lowered platform, allowing herself to be lifted up to the ship proper.

She'd have liked to fly up herself, but this was just as well. The sight from up high- even if not so up high- was a pleasant experience. Novel, even, considering her typically ground bound nature. She noted the negligible difference in temperature as the atmosphere became just a shade lighter, then turned to face Scarlett wherever she may be, smiling ear to ear. "Quite the novel experience, I must say. Neither did we have such ships in my homeland, although I do believe some ambitious minds attempted large balloons once." She tapped her chin, thinking on it for a moment.

"In any case, I suspect you keep the rum in the hold. Let us away to the flowing drinks and conversation! And, perhaps, I may meet this engineer of yours?" She turned her face to the side, a coy glint in her eye. 

• Like 3

Raven blinked as Icy asked if she was causing the snow, before noticing what she was talking about. Small snowflakes that surrounded them, and passed through them. She shook her head, feeling the magic. "No... It's..." Her sentence was cut off as Icy gave her a kiss, the usual effects of a spark of magic flowing up her horn. However, she was getting better at shaking the mental effects, and after Icy pulled back from the kiss, she was quickly back to her normal self. She smiled softly and looked at the newcomer. When she did, she quickly realized that the pony had to be using something other than their eyes to see. "Thanks for that. We needed something to break us out of the funk we were getting into. I'm Raven, and this is Ice Storm." She had a hunch, but didn't want to ask right away. Her own sensitivity to magic though made her quite aware of the different fields around them.

• Like 3

The door greeter had come up to her and spoken in a voice that Mythic was, unfortunately, familiar with. It was the voice that the 'high-society' ponies used to talk to each other. Although, she noted, not usually to commoners. She decided, especially with the fact this was supposed to be a festive gathering, she would give this stallion the befit of the doubt. Besides, his aura didn't contain any of the disdain she'd grown accustomed to in the high-society types, so there must be something going on there. All of this thought taking place in the blink of an eye probably only noticed by those trained to see such things. Myth decided she conduct herself to him the way she figured he might expect, she kind of wished she could see what he looked like exactly so she could guage better what kind of socialite he was. She bowed ever so slightly to him and said "Greetings. I am Mythic Vision. I saw their sadness and anger, and thought they could use a hoof." she turned back to the couple who had begun to calm down by this point and smiled. The sad mare had thanked her and her love for her friend and vice verse was now greater than her sadness. Exactly her intention. She gave her the heartiest of smiles and bowed low in a more joking manner, kind of poking fun at formality "It is my pleasure, madames." she giggled "My name is Mythic Vision, but you can call me Myth." she finished with her normal cheerful voice, directing her salutation at not only the two lovebirds, but the door greeter stallion as well who still hadn't given her a name. "I hope we can all have a Happy Hearth's Warming, today?" she smiled wide. She kind of hoped to get to know the two at least, but she decided to give them an out if they preferred to be alone.

• Like 3

Dunnie was following along after spoiled rich. Staying close, but behind the mare at a professional distance and position. Her mind was elsewhere, though, wishing she was back with the others. At this point, arguments seemed better than just getting talked down to. And so, she completely tuned out Spoiled Rich talking about taking charge of her dog on a leash, and how she needed to them to know how things are done. "Sorry, I do not have a dog so I would not know, Mayor Rich." Dunnie said, without a trace of dishonesty or snarkiness.

When they approached Twilight, Dunnie went back to standing up straight, head up and hooves firmly on the ground. Professional as can be.

• Like 3

“Meet him? Well, he’s probably down there getting things ready, so sure.” Scarlett shrugged, glad Rose seemed to enjoy the ship. She waved her guest onwards as they descended further into the ship past various creatures that were part of the crew. Scarlett greeted them as they passed, and eventually the two mares emerged into a room with various tables and a couple barrels set up. Another creature entered the room carrying another barrel, a large griffin with a mechanical wing on one side. 

“Take a seat, Rose. I’ll go get those drinks.” Scarlett said, gesturing to the tables as she walked towards the barrels. “Sup, birdie? My new friend over there wanted a drink, wanna join us?” The griffin paused, nodding after a second. He went to set the barrel he was carrying next to the others before taking a seat at the table as well. Soon enough, Scarlett came back with three tankards and passed them out. 

• Like 3

TwiBanner_zpsvi6knv7w.png

Twilight was happy to be away from the dramatics, her mind swimming with equal parts fury and disappointment, but no small part of her felt awful for the both of them. Through their own desires as well as the cruelties of fate they had been involved with so much for so long. Both had suffered through their own legion of mental setbacks as a result. Ice Storm and Swift Squall were the pictures of patriotic Equestrians doing all they could, but inside, they were both breaking in ways Twilight wasn't sure even they fully realized. She wanted to set their minds at ease- EPIC was very much active, if more compartmentalized- but that would have to wait for later. Much of what needed to be said would need to wait for later.

As she contemplated this and started making her way to a backroom, she was approached by Spoiled. Mayor Spoiled Rich, to be certain. She had voted for Strong Copper- she knew enough about Spoiled Rich to believe she was the lesser of the two- but she had won. And while she had her red flags, she hadn't done anything to disqualify her. Twilight would be watching her but the Princess wasn't about to step in just yet. After all, Spoiled deserved every bit the chance to prove Twilight wrong and make Ponyville proud to have her. Twilight hoped that would be the case. "Good to see you here. If you're ready, feel free to follow me, Mayor Rich," Twilight said as she made her way to the back.

There was a large open banquet hall- smaller for sure than the others, but sizeable enough- and it was filled with creatures of all sizes and ages who had, like Spoiled, been elected and found acceptable. Multiple court reporters and officials were here, and the room was large enough for the guests of the party to come in and view the ceremony.

Twilight smiled and waved as the assembled cheered, but she wasted little time in socializing before she got to work. She walked up to a dais and cleared her throat.

"Thank you, everypony in attendance as well as those who are here to take a solemn oath. You who have won and earned your positions deserve your joy, but you also have a great responsibility. You will have to do your jobs to the best of your ability so that the ponies who put you in here will benefit from your wise rule. You have run and won elections across this great land of ours, from Mustangia to Seaddle and everywhere in between. Some of you have been elected to unique positions in unique places to serve unique needs. Others are Mayors or members of councils. All of you, however, are special.
Equestria is not a democracy and elections are rare. Even though you won your races you still needed my approval to take your positions, for you all serve at the behest of Her Majesty's Government. And as you can see by the empty seats around you, not all those won were found suitable. You, however, have not been found wanting. If you sit here today, then you are ready,"
she started before she raised one of her hooves and waited for the assembled to do the same.  

"Repeat after me: I serve Equestria in three forms. I serve the ponies who put me here as well as the ponies who voted against me, so as to bring to all of them a better life. I serve the Princess of Equestria, whose allowance gives me the right to take this position, and whose edicts and commands I will faithfully execute in Her name. I serve the ideals of Equestria and all she holds dear and will strive to honor them in all actions great and small.
I recognize that my position is not permanent. The same process that put me here may remove me, an election may be called against me, and the Princess of Equestria remove me from power or change my role in her Royal Government at her whim and for her own reasons. I recognize and accept this, because I am here not for my own power, but to help make Equestria a better place for all creatures great and small.
I pledge myself to faithful service. I will use the powers granted to me by the vote and the Princess to further the agenda of good progress and companionship. My role is to facilitate the spready of Harmony. I will work against corrupting influences: Those of power, or bits, or ideals gone astray. I will work against all those who would see Harmony harmed, and work with all those who would spread it.
And with this oath taken in front of all Equestria, I accept the judgment of the Princess."

She waited for them to finish before she lowered her hoof. After a moment her wings shot out as she bellowed in the Royal Canterlot Voice.

"I, Princess of Friendship Twilight Sparkle, Sovereign of all Equestria and her domains, executive of Her Majesty's Government, do give the assembled duly elected functionaries my authorization and support, and with these words do accept them fully into their positions. May they bless Equestria forever," she said, ending the ceremony as trumpets blared to signal the end of the ceremony and ascension of the assembled. 

• Apple 3

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Raven's reaction to Ice's question wasn't a surprise, nor was the reaction she had when Ice Storm moved in for a kiss. The soft spark of magic being normal at this point as she pulled away with a smile. She then heard the newcomer mare begin speaking to Blueblood and explained that her name was Mythic Vision and that she could see the sadness and the anger that was coming from them and thought that they could use a hoof. She ended up being a lot more right than she might have initially thought. When she turned back to them, she introduced herself again but told both her and Raven that they could call her Myth. She could see the mare bow before them, and the posture that she held she could see that it was more of a faux pea than anything else. Her voice was rather cheerful and such a cheer was contagious. Raven had already done the honors of introducing the both of them so she simply smiled and nodded when she asked if they all could have a Happy Hearth's Warming today. Ice nodded knowing that she probably meant tonight before remembering the eyes. Nodding wouldn't do much in this instance. Instead she decided to speak up.

"Indeed! I would very much like for all of us to have a very Happy Hearth's Warming Eve. I'm pretty sure that we all could use a little bit more happiness considering what most of use just had to either go through or witness. Hopefully you'll be staying for the festivities tonight? We'd feel bad if you only came to fix the night and leave. Perhaps have a drink or two with us? I wouldn't mind getting to know a new friend a bit more," Ice Storm said with a smile before looking over to Raven and giving her a gentle nuzzle. It was about that time she heard the Royal Canterlot Voice coming from deeper within the castle. Whatever Twilight was doing now, it was probably important, but honestly... that didn't really matter right now. She'd had enough stress for tonight already and she just wanted to relax with the pony that she loved, and her new friend that just helped the both of them calm down before they possible did something stupid.

• Like 3

Rose never lagged far behind as they made their way down to the humble room, plainly in awe of the technological feat she was privy to as the griffon arrived. The urge to reach out with her magic just to touch it strained against her will, and as they took a seat, that will quickly eroded away.

Her horn ignited, even as she asked for permission to touch it, an aquamarine aura bathing the artificial appendage in blue-green light as she scanned the wing over, curious of its make and mechanisms. "May I? I've never seen such craftsmareship before. The skill required to replicate a flight capable appendage must be astounding. The only griffon I ever met was hunting me, so I never really got a chance to study their anatomy." If she could, she'd attempt to unfurl the appendage. "Can you still feel anything through it?" She'd ask, right before Scarlett came back.

"Graci ~" she'd nod, taking the cup and downing half of it in one swig... Which may have been a good idea or may have been a bad one. It was hard to tell after just one go, but she didn't care too much. 

• Like 2

Prince Blueblood

"Oh, do pardon my lack of manners!"  Blueblood replied, as soon as he realized that he had forgotten to make introductions to Mythic.  "I am Prince Blueblood, and with me right now is Star Crusader, Captain of my honor guard."  Among other things, but it was perhaps best not to get into that now.  "I can't argue with the effectiveness of your intervention; you certainly make a good addition to the overall spirit of this party!"

Like a good host, he broke off his attention to peruse the other guests.  Swift and Fire still looked as if they were in a private conversation, and Rose and Scarlett seemed to have gone off to catch drinks together, which was good.  The beginnings of a new friendship, it was to be hoped.  

With his friends now safely piloted out of their respective funks, the Prince knew that he had other obligations to be at.  Not that he wouldn't have preferred to leave Spoiled to her own devices, but... well, it was really a little cruel to leave Dunnie in the mare's company.  "I wish I could stay for longer, but I'm expected at the swearing-in ceremony.  Don't want to get any working relationship on a rougher start than I have to.  Besides, I can't leave my poor guard in the lurch like that!"  He chuckled.

Star, for her part, seemed a little disappointed, but not very surprised, at not being recognized.  That is, anyone familiar with her normally inexpressive expression would have recognized those slight movements in the eyes, though Blueblood might have been the only one present who did so.  "I'd hoped you would remember me, Icy; we did serve together, up north.  That was some time ago, however, and much has happened since."  She wasn't able to say more before the pair had to leave, but Blueblood bade her stay outside the ceremony hall while he entered in.  She had to keep an eye on everypony while he could not.

Spoiled Rich

The mayor-to-be gave Dunnie a sideways look, as if evaluating the value of time that would likely be spent arguing with a mentally dense guard.  Ultimately, whatever calculus she ran came up with the answer that it would not be worth it.  Probably correct; both real and fake stupidity were infuriating and unproductive to engage with, and if nothing else, she wanted her term to be efficient and professional.  Taking her seat right at the point where Prince Blueblood entered to stand on the stage beside Twilight, she stood proud beside the few who had been deemed worthy to be sworn in.  The exclusivity of the club did little to deflate her ego, that was for sure.

"I serve Equestria in three forms..."  She began to repeat the oath as Twilight recited it.  Did she mean it?  Hard to say.  There was no small amount of self-serving in her ambitions, but no small amount of public spirit either.  Perhaps one needed a somewhat inflated sense of self to dare present oneself as a leader.  

"And with this oath taken in front of all Equestria, I submit myself to the judgment of the Princess."

And just like that, she had done it.  It was official, and now what remained was the long years of work, that would truly bring Ponyville from the rank of village to foremost city in Equestria!

For his part, Blueblood was content to leave Spoiled to her hobnobbing, only signaling Dunnie to follow him back to the party.  "Sorry to leave you in her tender company like that, but we had to make sure a crisis was defused."  He gave her a nuzzle in the private hallway between the two chambers, before taking place beside Star once more, who was nuzzled in turn.  "I think that's all the official business taken care of.  I've half a mind to relieve you both for the night to party, would you like?"

• Like 3
  • Aubergine 1
  • Hearthoof 1

The griffin didn’t say much, watching as the aura enveloped the wing. It seemed like he was worried about Rose accidentally breaking something on it, though that was probably unlikely with how sturdy the outside had to be. 

“No, there are no nerves to feel through.” He responded to her question, taking his drink and sipping at it for now. He had some projects he wanted to work on later, and getting drunk on rum certainly wouldn’t help him complete them. Scarlett, on the other hand, followed Rose’s lead and took a big swig, giving a sigh of contentment. 

“Ah, that hits the spot. I take it you know some stuff about all that?” She said, gesturing to the wing. “I’m more concerned with if they work than how they work. Figuring out the how is his job, anyways.”

• Like 3

"Another product of your on-board engineer, I take it?" Rose asked, registering the griffon's discomfort and letting go of his wing. "You could say I have some experience in the field, although my studies were never into wings. I'm no engineer, though, so I couldn't provide much valuable inputs either way." Scarlett may have been overestimating her abilities. 

Taking another swig, she hummed, "Still, a strong body overall. Larger wings than a pegasus, that's for sure. The metal may counterbalance the flesh wing when in flight, but that's something you'd have to acclimate to like any prosthetic. He'd make a good barrelstallion with those aquillan eyes of his, or a decent gunner." She focused on him, or tried to at least. "What is your station, good sir? If you don't mind my asking."

• Like 2

Raven smiled as she she nuzzled Icy back. "Same here, especially some pony as interesting as you. You must be skilled in spell craft to be able to make such convincing illusions. The researcher in me can't help but get excited at the prospect of new knowledge." She said, giggling slightly into her hoof. "Why don't we go find a table, see about getting some punch... or other drinks. Ooh. I think I see some Ice cream on the desert table... Did your shop supply it Icy?" She asked, standing and offering Icy a hoof to help her up. She spotted a table that it seemed no one had a claim to, and pointed it out to the other two. "What do you guys think of that one?"

• Like 3

The griffin relaxed as the wing was released, folding it back up as he took another sip. Scarlett nodded to Rose’s explanation, glancing over at the griffin when she asked after the engineer again. 

“I am the engineer. And smith.” He said, nodding to Rose. Scarlett nodded too, taking another swig herself. “Yup. That’s why this stuff doesn’t use unicorn magic, he couldn’t use it if it did, which means he couldn’t test to make sure it worked at all.” She added, finishing off the cup and slamming it down on the table. 

• Like 3

"Oh, there are ways for non-magical creatures to utilize magic ~" her tone came with a mysterious lilt, hiding a grin behind her tankard as she took a much more tame drink. "It's just... Challenging, and requires some very exotic materials to function properly. Materials I'm fairly certain Equestrians would not approve of, if I'm being honest."

Once again, she was brought back to her past life. The things that mare did... While she shivers to think of some of them- and of being the same in many ways- she can still draw on those experiences and utilize them for the betterment of ponykind. It just takes a certain mindset to use that knowledge the right way, which she still wasn't sure she was. 

• Like 3

Myth had seen Ice's head move, but couldn't quite make out if she'd nodded or shook her head, she was just starting to try to guage what her intention was based on her emotions when Ice cleared that up for her. "Yes, about that, I thought I saw Princess Twilight's spell, earlier. Looked like some kind of shielding magic. I figured she had it taken care of, but I did wonder what it might be for. Then again, I was outside at the time, it might not have even been Twilight." she giggled, smiling at Ice's invitation "I would be more than happy to share the holiday with you! Making friends is what Hearth's Warming is all about, afterall, isn't it?" she gave one of her most infectious smiles, accompanied by a wink.

Just then, Twilight's Royal Canterlot Voice echoed down the hall, and Myth could easily tell it was an official declaration of some kind. She visibly turned her attention to it, for a moment, listening carefully. Then, almost absently, lightly tapped her hooves on the floor in applause for the new "functionaries" she'd appointed. "So she was here, afterall." she said more to herself than anything. She had wondered if she'd correctly identified her magic, earlier, since she had limited experience with it.

When the stallion introduced himself, she bowed slightly deeper than last time "I'm sorry, Prince Blueblood. I didn't quite know what your aura looked like. I've only heard of you, afterall." she succesfully suppressed a laugh. It was kind of funny that she'd called him a simple door greeter to herself. She didn't really care for nobility. She had some habits that her family instilled in her, but she never felt any reason to be in any special awe of them. In fact, all she'd heard about the Prince was that he was.... kind of a spoiled brat. Not that that's all that different from other high-society types. Although, none of that was apparent here, and she did see a kind of genuineness that she didn't expect from nobility. Besides, she'd already decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, in spirit of the holiday. "It's alright. Duty calls, right? It was nice to meet you, Blueblood. Perhaps we'll see each other around in Canterlot once or twice." she was genuinely interested to get to know what made him seem so different from what she'd heard. However that would have to wait for another time.

As Raven spoke about Myth's apparent skill in magic, Myth kind of made a little face and said "Well, not magic, no. Other than illusions, I can barely do a simple levitation spell." she remembered her embarrassing experience failing her practical entrance exam for Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, but then she shook that away, not wanting to dwell on negative memories, and smiled "My talent, tho, is illusions." she pointed at her flank, where sat eight long triangles pointing away from an empty center. "I use a different technique than most probably do, because I don't know what light looks like. Although, if you're into new knowledge, then I think you and I might get along swimmingly." she winked. When Raven suggested they find a seat, she giggled happily "Yes, let's! My dogs sure are tired." she lifted a hoof and the end of it had, apparently, turned into a dog's head, which barked twice before she put her hoof down and the dog illusion shattered like glass, disappearing.

It was at this moment that Myth realised she was still casting the illusory snow, absently, and giggled, blowing her horn out like a candle, dissipating her illusion, and giving a friendly smile."Now, did somepony say eggnog, or was that in my head?" she asked jokingly, following the others to the table.

• Like 5

“That may be so, but that does not mean we wish to pursue them.” The griffin responded, sighing slightly. “Besides, if I wished to make something to use magic, I would ask for input from the unicorns onboard.” 

He was not all that interested in stuff like that, he wanted to make himself better at what he already knew, not spread himself too thin trying to get into a field he was not supposed to be in. 

“You know what they say about jacks of all trades. The two of us prefer to be master of a few.” Scarlett shrugged as she gave her own input. “We’ve only got so long in this world, no point focusing on something we don’t care about.”

• Like 4

"I suppose I can agree with that sentiment, considering my profession in alchemy," she nodded, although her lips curl at the latter statement. Or, rather, assumption. "As for the matter of time, however... What if you didn't only have 'so long' in this world?"

"What if you chose when you went instead of leaving it up to the fates to decide?" Gradually, she rose from her seat, her voice rising in both volume and conviction. "Mortality Is a plague we have grown far too complacent with, especially with the tools the divines have left for us in this world. There are creatures out there living out there nigh eternal, with nothing to show for it but the blood in their veins. And what of us? We grow old, ail, then bury ourselves under dust and dunes in a frantic bid to squeeze every last second out of our mortal frames.

This is NOT how things have to be, and I can and will prove it." Rose was practically radiating an aura of confidence now. Of determination. That engineer's comment sparked a flame in her heart that had been burning low, but now it roared within her soul, demanding to be set free. "I have devoted my life to the pursuit of methods to extend the and enhance the lives of those around me, and my endevours have not been fruitless. Cut me now-" she raised a hoof "-and witness for yourself the power of rapid restoration. Imagine a world where everyone could heal from any wound, both major and minor? Where they never ail for their bodies have become fortresses against the unseen forces that would wish to assault them. 

I have a mission, and you two may help me usher in a new age of medical science." Her heart beat within her breast like war drums, rendering her deaf to anything beyond her words. "I am setting out for an expedition into the Everfree to locate a hydra and extract its blood. Even if it is not the key, I know it will be a vital component in my research." She thrust a hoof forward. "So join me, and you will never have to worry about having only 'so long' again."

• Like 2

To say the two pirates were speechless would be a bit of an understatement. Neither had any idea of how to respond, so they stayed silent while Rose went off on her speech. Even as she finished and gave her offer to join her on the expedition, the two of them remained silent for a bit and shared a glance before Scarlett spoke up again.

"Sure, helping you get a hydra sounds like a good time to me, I'm in for that. As for removing mortality... That sounds really weird. I'm all for having more freedom, but it's hard to wrap my head around what you're saying there. Oh well, I don't need to fully understand the inner workings of it I suppose." She shrugged, getting up to refill her cup. "We can talk about it some other time though, it's Hearthswarming after all, today's for celebrating. You want more rum?"

• Like 3

BvPhcWP.jpg?2

"Yeah, I'm alright.", the pony added with a grin, "Well, I have a few new bruises and I'm going to need to get my punch daggers fixed. Griffon nearly took my right hoof off when I tried to deflect a very powerful blow from a very big sword", she wiggled her hoof. "I'll see you when you're done with your shift..", she waved at the pony with her last good hood before turning her attention to the hubby-horse-to-be.

"Pulling this has been rather easy, but lifting..eh..", she watched as the stallion's magic lifted the barrels and placed them over in the kitchen area, where two ponies started to work on one. Soon the festive beverage would flow into the empty mugs and there would be no chance any hatred or discord could be created for the windigos to feed upon. They would instead have to dine on  Fruitcake and Hearth's Warming Eve pudding! Yum!

"I was able to get help whenever I needed to actually lift these things..", she made sure to give the good Prince a proper bow and then a wave. Maybe she should have waved and bowed? "oh thank you.", she whispered to the attendant who helped remove her backband and push her cart back to its proper place. She could now enter the party properly.  Knowing how absentminded she could get, the mare probably would have wandered the castle-grounds with her cart still attached! Whoops!

"Don't forget to get a glass once it's ready!" Jubel was great both chilled, mulled and even in a shake!

The officer made sure to give Ice Storm a proper wave. They weren't the bestest friends in the world, but the red mare could never be rude. She was still an officer of Twilight's, who was the princess of friendship and they were in the Castle of friendship in the village of friendship. Still, a few words floated by her ears. Words that made her rather annoyed. Was the new mayor speaking ill of her Dunders? Did she refer to him as a dog? Er, She was Blueblood's charge and...Her eyes turned a slightly darker shade of red before she shook the anger from her mind. Nope! She could take care of herself! Dunnie was a pro! She didn't need her ex stomping on an elected figure. Would not be helpful for both of their careers! Their new mayor couldn't be a villain. No pony named Spoiled Rich could be...oh dear. Maybe she should have voted for the other guy. What was his name? Goody Von Nice Guy? Oh boy.

She turned back to her very special stallion. "Once we're done here, we'll need to stop at the folk's house....", she whispered.
  • Like 3

Well that made Rose happy. Coming down from her high, she went back to calmly drinking, offering her cup up at the offer of more. "Much appreciated. You two will get a sample from the first successful batch I make from the blood. Who knows, maybe you'll regenerate your lost limb," she pointed towards the griffon's mechanic wing, then shrugged. "But I ascede your point. Let us return to our merry making!

So, and I am only assuming this is customary here, but a mare, Aloe, came to me just a night ago to inquire if I had anybody to spend Hearth's Warming with. Of course, I accepted her company as friends do. Now I wish to inquire if any of you have significant others you intend on spending this holiday with."

She looked to the griffon, "any mares?" Then to Scarlett. "Any stallions?" Then... "Both?"

• Like 2

Scarlett nodded, taking Rose’s cup as well and going to refill them. The griffin shrugged at the possibility of regrowing his wing, having gotten used to it’s absence long ago. Still, perhaps it would be nice to have a flesh and blood wing instead of a metal one. 

By the time Scarlett returned, Rose had started talking about how she met some pony named Aloe. Scarlett shrugged at the question of if she had anyone to spend the holiday with. 

“This crew is pretty much my family, so I’ll probably be with them. As for lovers, I can go both ways, but the slot is empty right now.” She said, giving Rose a smirk at that. She would wink, but with only one eye it was kind of difficult to tell it from just blinking. The griffin nodded at the sentiment of the crew being family, but gave no response past that for now. 

• Like 2

If there was one thing Rose was not, it was a romantic. While the wink went completely unnoticed, her subtle shift in demeanor did not. Her tail flicked, and a light blush came over her face as she reevaluated the uses of the word 'slot' in this context. Perhaps she just misread this mare's intentions, or it was the alcohol talking.

Either way, she'd prefer to get to know this mare a little better before she got to filling any of those slots, as proper mares do. "Uhm," she cleared her throat, looking down at the table. "Yes... A lovely sentiment. So Scarlett, how many years have you been hightailing the seas? Or, rather, skies in this case." 

• Like 1