Feliz Navidad ~ [Open]

Aisede

Ah, festivities. While Rose was never one to celebrate many occasions, she did so love the effect it had on the ponies and other creatures around her. Ponyville was alive with cheer and good will, creating an atmosphere that compounded the generally sunny disposition of the town that was already there.

With all the charity and gift giving transpiring, Rose found herself absorbed into the customs and traditions, deciding that it was time for her to give something back to the denizens of Ponyville as well. To this end, she decided setup shop near the fountain, where she'd have easy access to water, and to curious passerbys. 

It's not like she relocated her whole lab, she just brought out some basic equipment- none of which broke health codes- and a few sturdy tables. A large sign printed on a banner above it proclaimed that today she was in the business of making "Proposterous Potions", and welcomed anybody with a thought or idea to come up and pitch it to her. She'll try her best to make what you describe, and without a fee.

Oddly enough, she even dressed up for the occasion, bearing a purple cloak that hid her verdant figure. Snacks were laid out under the sign: cups of cognac, a bowl of satsuma, and another one with walnuts.

Now, all she had to do was wait and see if her plan comes to fruition. She is curious what it is these Ponyvillians want, after all. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

JpMTmq0.png

Hearth's Warming Eve. A night that was often one of various celebrations and traditions from ponies all across the land as the remembered the day that the three pony races set aside their differences and became one. In recent years though, it had included more than just ponies. There were many that had put their differences aside and have joined forces with the ponyfolk. It was a thought that made Aloe smile. Ponyville has definitely seen it's share of exotic creatures ever since the School of friendship opened up, and Aloe couldn't be happier! In the past few years she's gotten to meet so many new ponies, creatures, you name it and most of them have been nice. She did wish her sister would be around a bit more here recently, but there have been things getting in the way of that as of late.

As it was tonight though, she was checking out all of the decorations in the city and she heard about a show that was getting put on later. She would have to go see it at some point. She'd have to remember what time it started though first. She quickly spotted another familiar face though that was at one of the stalls that had been set up for the event. She had become a rather regular customer of hers. She smiled and quickly sauntered her way over towards her. "Oh, Good evening Miss Rose. Are you enjoying your evening so far? This will be your first Hearth's Warming in Ponyville yes?" she asked with a smile. A part fo her wondered also if she had anypony to spend the night with herself. Hearth's warming was not a holiday that one was meant to spend alone after all. IT was another reason why she was out here tonight. Being alone right now was something that she definitely didn't want to be.

• Like 1

Rose was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to stop by her little stall, laying her head down on the counter as the night took its toll on her. She worked very hard to set this all up, and exhuastion was beginning to settle in in the aftermath of so much effort with little recourse.

That is, until a familiar face shower up. A welcome sight, too, as she smiled a tired smile. "Ah, the spa pony. I'm doing quite well, Aloe, thank you. As for your latter query... Also yes," she hesitated a bit, uncertain if this was leading somewhere as she righted herself up, shifting the bowls of snacks her way in a subtle gesture. "Truth be told, this will be my first holiday event in years. You can't really celebrate much on the sea..." She looked up at the stars, murmuring, "if you can even keep track of the days that pass you by."

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe was a bit saddened to know that this was the first holiday that she'd had a chance to celebrate in a while. That when she was in the sea there really wasn't holidays to celebrate. It was hard enough just to keep track of the days. Well, at least she was here now, and the subtle hint about the snacks didn't go unnoticed either. With a smile she took a cup of the cognac and one of the satsumas that were present and began peeling it. 

"Well, at least your getting to celebrate properly now that you're here in Ponyville. Have your found anypony to celebrate it with yet? This isn't a holiday to be spending alone," she said with a smile before taking a sip of the cognac. "Also, this is really good," she said happily.

• Like 1

"Thank you!" She chriped, perking up at the compliment. "They're traditional festive snacks where I come from. I thought I'd bring a little of my culture here for this event. And no," her ears pinned back, and her smile gained a sad undertone. "I'm afraid I have yet to make any lasting connections here, although my tendency to work excessively probably doesn't help."

"Oh, speaking of," she gestured towards her sign, "is there anything you've ever wanted in a potion that you can't find at a regular vendor? Since everybody is exchanging gifts, I thought I'd offer my unique talents to create one such thing as well." 

• Like 1

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe felt saddened to hear that Rose hadn't been able to make more friends here in Ponyville. Usually it was quite and accepting place. As long as you treated others with dignity and respect, then things usually worked out. Of course... with the new mayor being Spoiled Rich, that could change at any point. She knew that Spoiled was a bit grabber and would do anything she could to weasel things. She could only hope that she could actually put Ponyville's best interests forward and not her own. If she was being honest though, she had no idea what that mare even actually wanted. So... she supposed that was a positive at least? She shook her head though. Tonight was not the night for such thoughts, and she didn't have much right to complain anyway. As busy as the spa has been as of late, she didn't get a chance to make a contribution anyway so she wasn't going to be one of those ponies that complained in the background.

"Well, your traditional snacks are very tasty, and are much healthier for you than the traditional snacks found on the holiday, like hot chocolate, or chocolate in general, or peppermint candies... while delicious, not very nutritious. These, I believe here we call them Mandorins, however, boost plenty of nutrients and can power a long night of celebration better," she said with a smile as the mare asked about a potion that she desired that might not be able to find at a normal vendor. That since it was a night of gift trading, she would use her talent to offer such a thing. Aloe didn't want to let the offer go to waste, but she still didn't say no. Instead she got an idea. "Would it be okay if I kept you some company while I thought about it? I never really gave anything like that much thought before, but I would love to accept your offer. I just need to try to think of something first. I know I want it to benefit the spa in some way, but not sure. What do you think I would like or need?" she asked with a smile. IF anything she'd like to know what kind of impression she'd left on the pony after their first couple meetings.

• Like 1

Oh, she'd left an impression alright, and a rather positive one all things considered. For a mare that hated taking breaks and relaxing, this Aloe was a master at coaxing her into just such a thing through her masterfully constructed facility. She thought about the mineral baths and steam room, how the point of it all was to ease tension in the customer and lull them into a state of security and calm.

"Calm," she murmured, tapping her chin with a thoughtful expression. "Calm calm calm... Something with a calming effect, I know this for sure." She looked over at the pony, scanning her up and down with nigh palpable curiosity. "Tell me, why did you open a spa in the first place? What compelled you to offer such a unique service to the denizens of Ponyville?"

• Like 1

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

The word calm was the first word that Rose spoke when Aloe what she thought she'd like or need. That whatever it was, it was something that would require a calming effect for sure. Aloe nodded. She definitely enjoyed a calm and relaxing atmosphere. It was one of her favorite things about the spa that she ran. She remained still though as the pony in front of her looked over her, seemingly doing a take of the mare. Then Rose asked her why she opened the spa in the first place and why she opened the spa here of all places. Those were two very simple questions to answer.

"Oh! My sister and I opened the spa here in Ponyville because the spa market in Trottingham was already flooded, and most of them were owned by Mama and Papa. My sister and I come from a very long lineage of masseurs and estheticians, and my sister and I both inherited different aspects of the business. I make shampoo, oils, and conditioners, and Lotus is good at those to, but she is simply the queen of the massage table. If you thought my hooves felt good, you really need to feel her work. She makes me look like novice. Together we came here to Ponyville to start the spa because at the time, Ponyville was still growing and there was no other place like it. Over time, we expanded to be able to cater to the needs of others, but our base principals remain the same. At the very core of our business and our hearts, we just want to be a place that ponies know they can come to to forget about their troubles for however long they wish to stay," she finished with a smile.

• Like 1

Rose listened closely, blushing just a bit at the mention of 'hooves' and 'feeling good', but didn't comment on it. "I look forward to one day meeting her, then. It's always refreshing to be reminded that some ponies just want to help their fellow equines, without a desire for compensation." Or, at least, without a burning desire for it. "You've given me a good idea on what to make," she said, turning around to gesture towards her little alchemical setup.

While basic, it was still fully functional, vials full of water and cold burners awaiting their mistress's command. "How would you like a potion that enhances your tactile and olfactory senses? Basically, you will be able to feel and smell things to a higher degree. Smell for determining the quality of herbs and plants- this can help in making your oils and lotions, as well as locating the best resources out in the field, if you do that.

Touch is... Well... Your forte. You will be able to determine pressure points and muscles with more accuracy. I can probably throw something in that gives you more motor control to utilize that to the greatest effect..." she mused, pulling out jars of plants and... Other less conventional materials, popping off lids and letting strange and exotic scents tinge the air. 

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe nodded when she heard Rose say that she would love to meet her sister. That it was refreshing that there were ponies out there that wanted to help their fellow equines without desire for compensation. Aloe wasn't entirely sure about that last part, since she did charge for their services most of the time. She did on multiple occasions though help out ones that needed it by giving them a full service treatment and not charge them a bit. 

When she heard Rose talk about making someone that would increase her olfactory and tactile senses. That it would increase her touch and her sense if smell. That she'd be able to smell the quality of herbs that she was making hey botanical products with and a sense of touch so precise that she could determine pressure points with unimaginable accuracy. "Oh, that sounds absolutely perfect! I would love that!" Aloe said watching the mare work in front of her with interest. She had been wondering how close Rose's potion making would resemble her making shampoos and lotions. She couldn't help but wrinkle her nose though when the smell of some of the ingredients were opened. She had a feeling that she was happy it wasn't enhancing taste.

• Like 1

Activating the heating charm, the alchemist seamlessly got to work floating out fools fruit slices and lotus vera leaves, placing both of them in seperate vials that began to churn with heat.

Next, she withdrew two smaller bottles of what appeared to be oil of some sort, bright yellow and securely contained. Lotus vera was a magical counterpart to aloe vera, and while it did make one slightly more succeptible to sunburn, it most definitely made one overall more sensitive, especially in the hooves. Fools fruit was created on a sage plant, acting as a sort of ingested aromatic that... Well, it does some weird stuff inside the body, but it enhances smell a fair degree. 

When the fruit and leaves began to boil, a distinctly sweet scent entered the air, the fluids they were boiling in ringing orange and green respectively. 

"Fools fruit and lotus vera, both magically mutated by yours truly. Lotus vera is like aloe vera, but I've managed to reverse its properties for the purposes of potioncraft," she explained as the orange fluid was slowly funneled into a second chamber, where it's vapors slowly collected into a third chamber and settled into what could only be called an extract. The same was being done for the other set, the orange and green fluids funneling into one chamber into the next.

In these chambers, Rose periodically dropped the oil inside, the fluid mixing surprisingly well with the liquids.