Secrets of Black Sands - OOC Sign Up

Ciraxis

In search of Hut-waret

Following her successful acquisition of Remembrance Stone, Hou Shuren, Sorceress Eternal seeks to unlock the secrets behind her new possession. Her studies led her to one of most ancient pharaohs of ancient Saddle Arbia, Teti-Ra - a legendary - if infamous-  sorcerer king, whose iron hoof united the until then divided nation. Now Shuren seeks to uncover the history behind the mythical king and his forgotten capital city, Hut-waret - all to unleash full potential of the Stone, and to acquire other relics that may still lie in lost city. And nothing, and no-pony will stand in her way!

This thread will split players into two groups - one allied with the evil sorceress, and the other, dedicated to be a thorn at her side. Please link you character, and and tell which side you chose to join. This is potentially long running, however chronologically it happens just after inauguration of new Ponyvil mayor. Posting order will be maintained.

Dramatis personae:

Seekers of Hut-waret:

Ciraxis - Hou Shuren - Ancient sorceress/alchemist from Long Guo, and perpetrator of the whole mess. To meet her goal she allied/hired a few less and more shady characters....

PyroBlaze - Dox/Hei Xue - Another sorcerer from ancient times, occasional mentor in magic and former hero. Dox  - just like Hou - is member of Seven Shadows, a secret cabal dedicated to preserve existence of many forms of dark sorcery, with Codex enforcing the members to not betray the cause or turn on the other. Not without risking the wrath of other members that is. Due to this, him and Shuren go way way back, and are one of the few creatures of existence that can trust each other. Dox joins Hou on her quest partially to improve his own knowledge of magic arts, and partially for his own amusement.

The Opposition:

dragonofruin - King Sombra - Former Tyrant of Crystal Empire and Hou old acquaintance. After a meeting and short 'scuffle' in Whitetail Woods, grudge bearing ubrum resolved to be a thorn in sorceress side.

NiktoBarada - Tongue Twister - Translator of ancient languages and equinologist. Tongue Twister found herself in wrong place at the wrong time, and in spur of the moment on sorceress part, ended up corrupted by Shuren's dark magic. Now apparently robbed of her species gift of flight, Tongue seeks to stop Hou, while struggling with new, malicious personality in her head.

• Like 1

Tongue Twister

An adventure in a land where her linguistic Talent could be of actual use ? 

Where her personal hero Champonyonne first deciphered hieroglyphics ?

Roaming around in tombs with new hieroglyphics to read ?  New things to find and learn ?

She'd be there even if Hou wasn't !

She'd oppose anyone trying to harm Equestria; that it's Hou is just a bonus.

So for the opposition.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The first part - and the prologue of the adventure - is up!

However that doesn't mean that signings are closed! All those dedicated and interested are still welcome, until end of the first thread!

And it's here! Took me long enough, but be free to go ham! Other potential players are still free to join, as long as the post in this thread here, according to the rules set in the original post.

I'm working up a post (should be up tonight).  Tongue Twister is currently in Saddle Arabia - she needed a break from all the craziness in her life so far, so she went to one of her favorite places to chill for a bit.  Probably get 'lucky' enough to notice Hou disembarking, then send a note to STAR (she did work for them).  Checking a newspaper may lead to questions - given that fires are a real threat, most places have protocols to minimize loss of life.  So it would be rare that everyone perishes.

Unless, of course, foul play is involved ... !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Oh I was hoping for Hou and Dox to have conversation. And since Dox know her better then anyone lese, feel free to PM me if you need posting material. Right now she's reminiscing about Sombra.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Going to be honest, I expected Team Twist-Sombra to be in Saddlon already, seeing that first thread is going to wrap soon. I assume Bellissima is performing there, and lack of viewers is due to cultural differences.

Its kind of hard to figure out exactly how far behind they're meant to be, but if you want to go ahead and say they're in Saddlon already or whatever that's fine lmao. I haven't exactly been given any exact structure or passage of time to work with and no one's told me this so. I've also not been pm'd or had the last one I sent to you answered anyway.

Sorry for that, I will be more communicative in the future!

Regarding quest itself, we closing to it's climax. HOWEVER, it's only first thread of this three-parter! After final post in Saddlon, it will be followed up immediately by opening post in Part Two!