Secrets of Black Sands - OOC Sign Up

Ciraxis

• 3 weeks later...

Well I will be first to admit, that I took way to long to post, and should be way more communicative.

However that doesn't mean that it makes it okay to take over the thread like that. Double, triple, quadruple-posting is generally considered a bad manners.

As such I unfortunately must consider the thread as defunct.

Golly !  What a charming Christmas gift - a kick to the teeth !

All those multiple posts you're sneering at were my attempts to keep the thread active - three decades of RP experience have shown me that if a thread loses too much momentum, it dies.

This was an interesting thread, and I did not want to see it die.  So I ATTEMPTED to keep it running until someone else could add to the story (being that stories are supposed to be COLLABORATIVE efforts here).  But apparently no one wants to.  Not even you !

And how was my initiative and dedication rewarded ? 

'Master' spits in my face and informs me that my 'bad manners' defiled the thread soooo badly that he had no choice but to kill it ! 

Multiple posts are 'bad manners' because they crowd out other posters.

Question : HOW CAN I CROWD OUT OTHER POSTERS IF I'M THE ONLY POSTER ?!

And you're an odd one to be complaining about bad manners.

Is willfully ignoring someone for months without even a single word 'good manners' ?

Is pressuring a fellow player to do something they've REPEATEDLY stated they are not comfortable doing 'good manners' ?

I get it - you had a GREAT story lined up, but in order for it to work, it required everyone to act EXACTLY as you wanted them to.  To follow the script that you wrote (and they had - and will NEVER have - any input into or any real say in).

That - is a rather tall order.  Not many people enjoy being slaves or railroaded.

But honestly - it makes no difference now.

You win !

I QUIT !

The next time I see a thread that looks like fun, I won't join.  I'll just send the OP a message that they can use Tongue Twister IN ANY MANNER THEY SEE FIT if they want to.

If they want her to be a gibbering, brainless fool that mutters every thought that crosses her mind out loud, they can.

If they want her to be a sycophant that goes along with EVERYTHING anyone suggests without thought or question, they can.

It's not like I have the competence or right to play my character my way.  And I certainly don't want to ruin another thread by posting in it or anything.

Any further 'discussion' on this subject would be best done by messaging - don't want to clutter up this OOC board with lots of back of forth scowling that is of no relevance to anyone else.

For that would just be 'bad manners' ... ! 😆