Dinner for... Two? [Closed]

Aisede

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe herself knew what Twilight was referring to. Because Ponyville is where the elements of harmony lived, it was the proverbial epicenter of every catastrophe since their discovery, the exception being Tempest's Canterlot invasion. And even then, they were all still in Canterlot for that. The more she thought about it, the more it seemed trouble followed them more than others. She'd had to replace doors more than once because of shenanigans that Twilight and her friends got up to. 

She did notice that Twilight chuckled at her little comment about soap and chocolate before she asked what Rose's plan was. She wasn't entirely sure what kind of a question that was, but she would listen as Rose spoke. Apparently she was working on finding a cure for mortality itself. That was... Interesting to say the least. She wasn't sure if it were possible herself, but she was definitely enthusiastic about possibly being a part of that. She then spoke about the short term and the expedition to the Everfree. "Yeah... I going to test my Hydra wrangling skills. Applejack can wrangle all kinds a different critters so it should be easy right?" She said with a giggle knowing that she would likely be there for pretty much just emotional support. And whatever replacing fragrances she could supply.

At this point the soup was brought it and it tasted as delicious as it smelled. Kale was one of her favorite leafy greens. She would have eaten half the bowl already by the time Rose asked her to help display what she was working on. She looked at hey inquisitively for a moment before her eyes went wide and she remembered the socks. "Oh yes!!! That would be splendid! I'm sure the princess will be more than surprised!!!" She said before turning to Twilight. "May we have an extra glass of water for the demonstration please?" Aloe asked.

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 1

TwiBanner_zpsvi6knv7w.png

Hydra blood could help her research, at least to some degree. As an alchemical compound it was treasured for regenerative properties. Of course, using it straight along activators and triggers could lead to wild deformities, but an alchemist of Rose's degree would certainly be aware of those dangers. It used to be even more highly prized when it was believed that it would lead to an easy path to immortality. The truth was that the regenerative properties of a Hydra were about cellular reconstruction to an accepted biologic base. While a very specific species of hydra near Acroneighos was rumored to be able to split indefinitely, all known species of Hydra had a set number of heads at birth- most commonly three. Their ability to regenerate their heads after losing them did not change the aging properties of the heads in question. A Hydra still grew old and died. It just that meant unless something destroyed all three heads and all three hearts in quick succession, a hydra would not die until old age claimed it in a lifespan that could last multiple pony generations. A path to immortality? She didn't think so. 

But a properly made potion using it could in theory have a tremendous number of applications. Lost limbs and even failing organs, if used properly, could go from a fatal or life altering to treatable to the extent of living a full, happy life again. There had been many similar efforts and they had one fatal flaw or another and even with Rose's skill it wasn't as if Twilight was assured of her success but there was the value in trying in and of itself, and if anycreature could do it then Twilight was staring at her right now. Of course, she was more so worried about Aloe. She was a good mare and Twilight didn't want to doubt her but hydra wrangling was a tough, dangerous business. They were giant, violent creatures with a bite that was venomous as well as capable of cutting a pony in two. Rose had tremendous power- hidden in her own way perhaps but few things could escape Twilight- but enough to ensure Aloe's safety? Twilight thought about it for a moment. Then two. "Hmmm. Just remember, a hydra is particular vicious and dangerous. We don't recommend ponies go near them and would rather it be handled by the REA. But," she said as she tossed a hoof easily towards Rose, "she has this expedition planned well. I am sure you will staff it with those that have experience with hydras, Rose?" She asked, half of it as a suggestion more so than an inquiry. 

Any concern drifted away like a ship in the night when the prospect of an invention was brought up. Her eyes sparkled. "Oh, I would love to see it!" She said, refocusing herself on the wonders of the evening and spending it with the intriguing and the kind alike. A glass of water popped into existence on the table.

• Like 1

Rose stared hard at the lavender alicorn as she thought, watching the gears turn in her head with a small, muted smile. She had so many plans for that hydra blood. So many opportunities to rediscover what was once lost to her... And an opportunity to keep Aloe in her loving embrace just a little longer

She had no doubt she could subdue one of these creatures herself, but where'd the fun in that? Where's the adventure? The intrigue? The satisfaction of sharing such a monumental experience with others of a like mind? She'd done her homework on the beast, and would have to formulate an anti-venom, but all in all she rather liked their chances. "Of course," she nodded, returning to the conversation as she brought herself back to reality. "Although I'm afraid I'm not particularly knowledgeable of this 'REA'."

A matter for later- near or far future. For now, show and tell ~ "I actually worked on this for the better part of this morning, before Aloe got up." She began to explain, gesturing towards the seemingly innocuous apparel. "If you look closely, upon activation you'll observe an array of fine runes. These allow Aloe to channel her magic with a high degree of accuracy... Well, if she knows what she's doing." She cast the pink pony a pointed- but still humored- look. "The reason she's asking for water is because that's the first thing we tested it on. Theoretically, she should be able to imbue any mundane object with magic, but for now, no higher functions exist. It's still highly expiremental, but I've deemed it safe for use."

"If you have any experience with devices like these, I would appreciate some advice. My affinity for runes is rudimentary compared to alchemy, but a little change to the catalyst always makes things a little easier."

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe herself didn't have much of anything else to add to the discussion on the actual hydra itself. Both of the other ponies in the room had much more knowledge than she did on the subject so she chose to remain silent on the matter. She didn't want to make herself look like a fool in front of the princess and by association making Rose look bad as well by saying something stupid. She also didn't have any idea about the REA either. Military stuff just never was her thing. She would treat a few of the ponies that were in from time to time, but that was the extent of her knowledge as most of them were rather quiet clients.

She would smile though once the glass of water was brought to them, or rather... poofed into existence. It appeared that Twilight was quite excited about what it was that they had to show her. She was half expecting the mare to pull out a quill and notebook but had yet to do so as Rose started to explain the socks. She couldn't help but poke her tongue back out at Rose when she joked about her knowing what she was doing. Hey, it wasn't her fault that she had literally only tried this for the first time earlier today with no warning. She was shocked she did what she had! Still though, she smiled and nodded when she said that she could control some semblance of magic. What she was actually doing, she had no idea, but once the water was populated and Rose finished speaking, Aloe started to concentrate. When she did, a soft blue aura that matched her mane traveled down the socks lightly and slowly until the water in the class had been magicified. "It's something that I wouldn't have thought possible myself... think of the uses something like this could have!" she said excitedly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Twilight would let Rose's lack of knowledge about the REA slide, at least for now. She was highly intelligent but incredibly naïve- she knew so little about the modern world and those who inhabited it. It was the one area that Twilight had an earnest and honest concern growing in her regarding the ability of this wise and powerful sorceress to succeed in her endeavors. Science required research and knowledge, yes. But as she learned as she developed on her own, science required more than that. It required vision, yes, which Rose clearly had. But more than that it required awareness. Not of the exact subject itself, but of the time, of the place, of your surroundings immediate and grander. The greatest scientific discovery of all time would fall to the slightest of breezes if one lacked the context of the times. That- that worried Twilight. Not enough to dissuade her curiosity from being triggered more than it was before as they started going over the nuts and bolts of the device.

"I know my fair share when it comes to runic magic. It is not native to this land- as such,  its archanic structure needs to be efficient in order to work, as it pulls on distant aether."
She watched as Aloe 'channeled' the magic, and the water became magicified. It was impressive. Her own magic investigated it as well. The arcanic construction of it was rather nice, especially for somecreature who claimed to have lesser knowledge of runic magic. Of course, there were complications in its aetheric purity. That left open the question of just how much of this was Aloe's magic being amplified and how much of it was a runic reaction to concentrated magical force, with the unintentional aetheric direction of its creator- in this case, Rose. Still, it was a wonderful device. "How interesting. Tell me, how do you feel when you do that, Aloe?" She asked as she drank her own water.
"It is very intriguing. The interlocking archanic bindings in its base aetheric structure need rebuilding and there is too much ulnarian oscillation to mark it as stable for any greater experiment, but it is a wonderful piece of work. What gave you the idea?"

• Like 1

Perhaps naïve may be too harsh a term. Ignorant is more like it for a pony that's travelled through time. 

"I noticed she had a knack for combining materials to make something new. I was curious what enhancements she could make to her formulas if given the option to utilize magic in the creation process." Taking Twilight's criticism to heart, she scanned over the device as it operated, easily spotting the flaws in her patchwork mechanism. She could probably utilize circuit breakers to prevent a cascade and limit the power the runes draw in, that would solve the major issue with it. She already intended on rebuilding it based off of the results, so creating stronger bindings wouldn't be an issue.

Now, where to go from here... The goal, of course, is to allow Aloe to imbue her shampoos and various chemical concotions with beneficial effects without outside assistance from a unicorn or other magical creature. Watching Aloe, with that look of wonder on her face... Perhaps it's less than objective, but she'd push this project just to see that every day. It really isn't fair to ponykind to be limited to one form of magic or another, not in the slightest.

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

And just like that they had gotten Twilight's attention and she was asking about how she felt when she was using it. "Well, for right now it does take a lot of energy for me to use, but I also have no idea what I'm actually doing with it. I imagine once I figure out how magic works and a more efficient way of utilizing the energy rather than brute force, that my endurance with it will get better. That was literally only my second time using the socks," she said with a smile. She herself wasn't entirely sure how it worked or what she was doing. It was runic magic and the runes were responding to her magic. That still felt really weird to think about. Her magic. Once she figured out how to use this gift, the possibilities were endless.

As it was, she simple waited for the responses of the other two. She was a bit worried about the silence from Rose though making hey slightly worried that she has done something won't without meaning to. She was expecting Rose to be more excited. Although she also knew that Rose was really good at hiding her emotions as well. It was possible she was just waiting for more reaction from Twilight before she would play her cards.

• Like 1

Twilight nodded. It was good that the boundaries of magic were being pushed, though such runic magic would not prove as destabilizing in the field as one might hope. It was too...particular and demanding in craftsmareship to be a large-scale answer, but in the smaller affairs of personal magic accomplishment it would certainly stand as an intriguing triumph of creativity. She took another sip of water as she smiled at her Ponyville friend. "I see. Well then, you're certainly part of something special! Can't wait to see how this works out for you," she said, leaving it up to Aloe whether she meant the magical artifact, her burgeoning relationship, or both. She was referencing both. In any case however it was time for the rest of the meal to arrive.

The servers walked in, three plates on two stallions and three bowls for the last. The first serving was of roasted zucchini lasagna, the second of paneer butter masala, and the bowls contained classic minestrone soup. Twilight had to stop herself from drooling. She could eat all this and much more- the diet of an Alicorn, especially a growing one, was the stuff of sordid legend and she was not all that shy about it anymore. Her primary concern remained her delightful guests, however. "Ahh, thank you sirs. These look excellent. Feel free to eat as much as you wish, gentlemares. Or as little, as your appetite may take you," she said with a wry smile as she started cutting her masala. "So Aloe, how is Mayor Rich doing so far? I hope she hasn't sold the town to a cabal of real estate developers just yet," she asked as she took a big bite.

What are your plans beyond your 'quest', Rose?

• Like 1

Oh my, was that a Itailian dish? She wasn't expecting to see any familiar cuisine this far away from home, but as usual these Equestrians have surprised her. 

With noticeably more zeal than the previous courses, the green mare dug into her meal, savoring the spice and broth, and the creamy soup. She really needed this.

My... Plans? She hadn't really thought about what she might be doing if not pushing her own agenda. Asides from pursuing her research into a solution for mortality she supposed she planned on... Mmmhh... Raising a family.

She'd have said 'raising her brood' but she wasn't quite ready to come out of the closet yet. I couldn't ask for a better mate ~ she continues, nuzzling her love with palpable affection. Our foals will carry on my legacy, and together we will achieve everything we set out to do.

"If I may interject," she said, this time aloud, "from my observations, she actually approaches her duties with a very professional attitude. She's hosting a meeting with the Wildlife Control Committee soon to address the issue of the Everfree. I proposed we set up a fence around the perimeter of the forest and cover it with repellent, but I'm certain others may have their own ideas."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe couldn't help the growl that can getting her stomach when the rest of the food came out of the kitchen. She hadn't expected this to be a multi course meal, but she wasn't complaining. Especially since zucchini lasagna was another among her favorite dishes. The minestrone was a close second. She began eating with the lasagna first as soon as the plate was placed in front of her. Rose still hadn't commented on anything that she had said in regards to the device. It was starting to worry her a bit, but they were relaxed a tiny bit when she heard Rose answer Twilight's question about Mayor Rich. 

"I don't think she's doing to bad either, but I am most definitely not a pony that gets mingled with discussions on politics. Shampoos, yes. Moisturizing balms, yes. Exotic coat and soon care lotions, yes... Politics? I'm not really entirely sure what a Mayor does other than give speeches occasionally..." she commented before a surprise burp loudly escaped from her. She moved her hooves to her mouth instantly, and turned brought red and let out a very muffled "s'cuse me..."

• Like 2

Twilight was interested in how Rose chose to phrase her wish. Family instead of a brood? Twilight pondered this. Did Rose earnestly and honestly look at Aloe like that, as an Equestrian almost? It would be hard to say that holding such a secret and holding Aloe like that came hoof in hoof with an honesty in the heart. Was she lying to herself? Was she having difficulty coming to terms with her own sense of self? She would have expected Rose to say she was looking forward to raising a brood. After all, she had to guess from Twilight's word choices and questioning that Twilight knew more than she was letting on. Either she didn't know that Twilight knew or she found value in maintaining the lie. Twilight would allow her to maintain it as long as she needed. Revelations offered were worth so much more than forced truth. 

"She is a very professional mare. Of course, there is more to a leader than professionalism. I worry she may not inspire as much as a Mayor of a town should, or show the character of the town clearly through her actions. Time will tell. Some ponies grow into their roles and others grow away from them. We all know a little something about that, don't we?" She said as she leaned forward and flapped her wings once. And also so she could eat even faster. It was only due to an abnormally dexterous mouth that she refrained from causing a mess, though her attention never wavered as it centered itself back to Aloe. "Well, somepony there is enjoying her food! If you want, I can have them bring some more for you in Ponyville. Maybe even some for Lotus."

• Like 1

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe's embarrassment from hey burp quickly turned into sadness. She heard Twilight mention the attitude of Spoiled. She couldn't say if she inspired much to her to be honest, but more importantly... Twilight mentioned Lotus. It would be normally for hey you assume that they were still running the spa together. It's also possible she forgot that she mentioned earlier that Lotus was in fact not in the spa. "I'm sure that Lotus would enjoy it, if she were every home anymore. I definitely wouldn't mind bringing some home for Rose and I to share though," she said a tad bit shakily to Twilight. If they weren't in a formal setting she wind have secluded herself into Rose, but she knew that would not be appropriate right now.

Still, she was in a very delicate emotional state at the moment. She still wasn't sure if Rose was upset with her or not cause she still hadn't commented since she spoke about the socks, and now she couldn't stop thinking about Lotus and why she was always gone now. She could help but wonder now if it was something she had done to push her away... Why do I always have to mess things up... She thought to herself, the heir of professionalism beginning to crack just a bit.

• Like 2

A firm but gentle hoof wrapped itself around Aloe's shoulder, pulling her closer to the green mare. She didn't need to be able to sense emotions to tell that this topic deeply upset the pink pony, and something about that... Pain of separation deeply resonated with her. She didn't have any siblings- not by technicality, at least- but she could still sympathize.

"I would appreciate that." She said with a small smile, patting her shoulder with a nuzzle. Then she looked back to Twilight. "Any dish that reminds me of home is definitely something I'll savor. Maybe I'll even prepare some Andalusian cuisine for my little pony here, too! Would you like that, Aloe?"

She beamed at her friend, attempting to lighten up the mood. Perhaps we should realign our focus. 'Do you have any recommendations for Aloe? Any special techniques for wielding magic in this fashion? I must admit, I'm curious myself how far we can take this.'

• Like 1

Twilight started gathering food to take home. Regardless of who it was going to she had plenty to share. "I'm sure she's home more than you may think. I remember when I first started Celestia's school it felt like I never saw my parents ever again. Looking back, I saw them every day. I had just gotten so used to their presence in my life in one aspect of it that losing that felt like I had lost them. Perhaps your sister has events that are driving her in new directions, and the lose of that same connection amplifies itself with time. You will reconnect. Perhaps not the same way as before, but a new way. Building new bridges across the same river can be as thrilling as the first bridge, and now you will know what it means to have that connection in the first place," she said with great verve. Her horn was still lit, so the spell she cast then went unnoticed. yes, everything would be just fine. 

As she finished preparing the food (and the spell), she continued her discussion with Rose. 'It depends on what you see in your mind's eye. There are very clear and stark limitations as to what can be done but there are certainly interesting angles to be taken. I wouldn't get too adventerous beyond what you are attempting now. For her own good, as well as your own.' Twilight offered as she finished up. "Hmmm. NOW WHO WANTS SOME DESSERT?" She said as she flared her wings out and stomped her front two hooves on the table with extreme prejudice and sublime joy.

• Like 1

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

The familiar should of a unicorn casting a spell did not go unnoticed by Aloe, but sure did simple assume that it was Twilight getting things together for their to-go bags. She heard Twilight talk about how Lotus is probably home more often than she thinks. That perhaps they had spent so much time together before that now that things have taken them in slightly different directions it just feels like they never saw each other anymore. Aloe wasn't entirely sure about all that herself. She was quite certain that she'd had many lonely nights alone. Still, there was that hope that maybe she was right, out at least the hope that if she is coming home they can actually be home together for once instead of being exactly the opposite of each other. 

She felt the tug of a hoof against her and Aloe didn't hesitate to lean into Rose like an upset filly would into her mother. When Rose said that she would most definitely enjoy the food and could even make some of the dishes definitely her homeland. Aloe nodded with a smile and a nuzzle. "I think I would like that," she said before turning back to Twilight. "And I hope you're right Twilight. I just know until a few nights ago, nights at home had been very lonely," she replied before jumping back as thought cent enthusiastically put her front hooves on the table and asked about dessert. Aloe couldn't hello but giggle a bit at Twilight's excitement. She's forgotten how excitable she was over little things. "Sure! What are we having?"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that turned around rather quickly. Not that she was complaining, of course, she was just a little surprised that the mention of desert was all it took to shake her love out of her meloncholy stupor.

Politely crossing her hooves over the table now that they were once again available, she offered their patron a genial smile. "I second that. This meal has been a lovely experience thus-far, I'm eager to see what you have in store for us."

As much as she'd have liked to, she couldn't relate very much to what all Twilight had to say to Aloe; she didn't even know her own mother, and her original's significant other  has completely and utterly failed to reconnect. Not that her progenitor had made the required efforts to maintain that relationship, despite her insane ideologies. 

She could still remember... When she found him. When her original found them, on that dainty little vessel bobbing in the waves. She'd been apart from him for so long that he found another to be with... Another mare... With whom he'd started a family with.

Perhaps subconsciously, she found one of her hooves drifting a little closer to Aloe, and her tail brushing against her own. Neigh, fortune would favor her in this life. That particular scene will never be one she experiences herself.

Two plates of delicious Tahini Almond Cookies were the first to arrive. Twilight had just discovered them and they were a recent obsession of hers. They're lightly sweet, chewy, and filled with spiced, nutty flavor. There were three bowls of ice cream laid out, with different flavors mixed in so there was something for everycreature. She was partial to chocolate herself, but there was no such thing as bad ice cream as far as her endless Alicorn hunger was concerned. Finally, there was something from outside Equestria. She had a palate well versed in foreign dishes by this stage of her life and every night she tried to get something from a foreign land. Tonight it was chebakia from Unyasi and it is a chewy, crunchy, and fragrant pastry made by arranging strips of dough into a flower shape. It is then fried, coated in honey, and sprinkled with sesame seeds. 

"Thanks to the chef. And you have the rest of the evening off," she said to her wait staff, who bowed in good order and trotted off. Her horn lit up as she took free plates and put them in front of her guests, finishing with herself at the end. "Feel free to take what you want. I hope you like the chebakia. When I took a state trip there not long ago I was showed so many different foods," she laughed, shaking her head. "Almost as bad as Saddle Arabia. I swear, they're just trying to fatten me up," she said as she levitated one of chebakia and devoured it, "and its working!"

A dinner with friends, what a fantastic evening together. She could hold off on the deeper subjects another day- and indeed, they'd be broached. But for now, she was willing to just enjoy their company.

Rose didn't have much of a sweet tooth herself, but the presented ensemble had her mouthwatering within moments.

"This looks delicious, Twilight." Taking her mind off darker tidings, she enveloped one of the cookies in her aura. Floating it up to her muzzle, she rotated it this way and that, admiring the hoofwork that must have went into making such a treat. "And you said this is a 'Tahini' Almond Cookie?" She really needed to better familiarize herself with the local geography. It's still almost completely alien to her- but that wasn't a concern of hers right that very moment.

Taking a bite out of the cookie, and savoring the tough texture, she hummed in delight, taking another, less conservative bite after she had swallowed the first one. "Almonds were an excellent choice. Pass my compliments to the chef."

This would go well with an horchata ~

Next came the 'chebakia.' It was of a more brittle consistency, and as she peeled off a 'petal' between her teeth, she could feel the caramelized honey stick between her teeth. 

"It is no wonder a pony of your stature is accustomed to travel," she said after finishing her bite, picking seeds and honey out from between her teeth with her tongue, and this consternated expression. "They are of a diplomatic nature, I would assume."

She should really develop a spell for dislodging some troublesome debris, but such was not the time for experimenting with magic. Turing to eye her marefriend, she hummed in thought. "Any locales of especial interest that Aloe and I may escape to, should the interest arise?"

In Andalusia, there was the great port of Málaga, where the Royal Navy rested their mighty Mares-Of-War. They were spectacles to behold, as were the monuments of the city proper. It would please me to share such experiences as those, and others, with my Aloe here ~

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe's eyes widened even more when she watched all the desserts getting brought out. Cookies, ice cream, and a weird dessert thingy from another land that looked delicious? She instantly took the bowl of strawberry vanilla swirl and dipped one of the cookies into it before smashing another cookie on top and then bit into it. "Oh, these are great! You've got to try them like this, and those checabalalokias or whatever they are called look yummy to." she said after Twilight explained what they were. At the base level of the weird flower shaped dessert, it was just a honey bun with sesame seeds. She wasted no time biting into it and the honey instantly sticking to her teeth. 

She also listened to Twilight as she spoke of her travels. It wasn't surprising at all. Both that she was traveling a lot and that the other nations would strive to try to impress her. She is the sole ruler of Equestria now, so her decisions on matters were final. Plus she would be the main diplomate at most of her meetings. She knew that her friends probably went with hey as well for the ones that were considered of the highest importance, and would bounce things off of them before making a decision, or at least Spike. She heard Rose ask about possible places that maybe they could visit just the two of them. Or anything that might interest them into talking peak. She looked to twilight with great interest. It had been a while since she'd taken a break for herself and doing things with Rose had made her happy. The more they could do together, the happier sure would be. She would simple wait for a response as she didn't have much else to add to the conversation other than the food tasting good.

• Hearthoof 1

Ah yes, where could a couple elope to? Numberless locations, but Twilight would pick a few. "There are a great many places that I would personally think anypony could enjoy, but some of them are...difficult to come by. But there are plenty more I would say are certainly up your alley. The Amani Coast is beautiful and has many small coves and beaches that are perfect for a getaway. The best location is a retreat at the start of the river in the west. One of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. Saddle Arabia has a lot of amazing natural features, but try the city of Coltstantinople, near Manephis. The sweet air of the seas mix with the mountains and the deserts to create one of the most intriguingly relaxing environments possible. Neighpon has any of a number of well known locations, but I prefer their mountain retreats. Hot springs are wonderful, especially when you can share it with somepony special. I'd avoid Maretonia and Hesperia in their entirety. And Long Guo? Too many to count, but seek something deeper inland. Less touristy and more authentic," she said with a far off sigh. She'd have to meet the serpents again soon- they were an interesting bunch.

The food was taken away when it was finished, leaving them with only drinks. Twilight would continue talking until the clock tolled and the hour rolled forward. With a deep sigh she stood up. "Well, it has been wonderful having you, but I'm afraid the hour grows late and I have work to attend to. Still, it was nice seeing you again, Aloe. Give my regards to the ponies of Ponyville when your return," she said, bending down ever slightly to give Aloe a hug. "And Rose, I hope you can find time for a private scientific expedition soon. I have something that may intrigue you," she said as she gave Rose a professional handshake, though a hug would be more than welcome. And I hope you take the time to consider what we have been discussing, Rose.

• Like 1

Rose frowned at the mention of hot springs, unpleasant memories surfacing in her mind, but the idea of visiting a coastline definitely appealed to her. "I'm not so sure about hotsprings... But Amani Coast definitely sounds like a pleasant getaway."

Rising from her own seat when the food was taken away, she smiled and returned the gesture, offering a hoof to help Aloe up. "I look forward to it, Twilight." 

I will most certainly keep it in mind, Princess.