Hearts and Hooves Day: A Royal Wedding! (Open, Mini-Event)

Blueblood

jq8lnM4e_o.png

Leave it to Discord to never deny himself a party, but this was no ordinary party! It was yet another wedding! He was feeling the same as Fire Walker. Was being single going out of style? Honestly love was one of those things that were way too complicated to be worth unthreading and understanding. It was a pony thing. He knew because his last plunge into romance ended in a crazy, world altering ex. In fact there was good reason to believe that his past problems had made him a bit terse towards romance and love and things, though his recent friendships and allies who would have helped in some of his shortcomings but he was still a bit -- troubled!

You see when you find yourself amidst ponies who revel in Hearts and Hooves it is difficult to place yourself in such a situation after circumstances put Canterlot in danger and you ended up blamed! Can you believe that? But he did bake them an apology cake for the mess she made, which oddly made everypony think you were at fault, but he supposed wiping their memories hadn't helped. But to think his ex came back to make trouble well -- he had to make it up to them again but this time no cake! Well maybe a little one. A three tier banana cake with orange icing and flowers to fulfill a wedding feast! He had invited Fluttershy but he was unsure if she would accept. How silly. Another wedding?

With the box in paw the spirit would appear behind the fire-red pony in question, grinning ear to ear. "Well well it seems I have arrived at the peak of the gathering." The spirit chuckled with jovial glee.

Another wedding indeed. When would they run out of ships, he wondered.

• Like 5
  • Hearthoof 1

~Wordsworth Psmith~

Having guided both Jade and Berry to their seats, the mercurial secretary glided on practically soundless hooves back to the entrance, checking the invitations of three mares in their turn.  "Comrade Presteza!  It is good to see your face again, however little you may recognize mine.  I believe the groom will soon be out to take his place in the ceremony, though the brides as well may be taking visitors.  It would be a good deed to soothe the nerves of all involved.  How embarrassing it would be, were somepony to faint upon their happiest day?"

Similar greetings were extended to Bevel in turn, though Psmith specifically mentioned Dunnie taking visitors before Blueblood.  He also followed up with a whispered, "And yes, Comrade Niilavin is quite impressive in many respects, though more thorough examinations will, I regret to inform you, be contingent upon you providing the worship he believes himself due.  The provision or fish or other similarly fleshy sacrifices are considered holy unto him, and will get you far."

A less familiar guest was not shown any less courtesy, the white-coated mare bowed to with respect.  "Good day, Comrade... Flare, was it?  If you'll pardon me, I'll just take you to your seat."  He politely refrained from mentioning any vision impairment, but he sensed it nonetheless.  Said necessity prevented him from meeting Fire Walker at the door, permitting the mare some time to discuss freely with her fiancée and friend without a loquacious interlocutor.  

Quite a good deal more time than she might have expected, actually, since on the way, Psmith practically stumbled over a tipsy dragon and increasingly high-strung griffon.  "Comrades Gallus and Smolder?  How splendiforous to see you on this momentous occasion!  Have you come to congratulate your beloved teacher, or simply to turn in homework in such a time that they will grade it most generously."  He winked, as if in fellow conspiracy with the students.  "If you do have any such papers, I shall ensure they shall get to Comrade-Chancellor Blueblood in a timely manner."

~Prince Blueblood~

Finally, the Groom was ready to emerge from the dressing room, every slight speck of dust banished from the sable black of his tuxedo.  Tie perfectly symmetrical, top hat perfectly angled, he emerged to greet the well-wishers gathered at his door.  "Swift, Pressy, Fire!  So glad to see you all here!  I know this can't help but be a large event, but its nice to see one's friends return for such an occasion."  His gaze darted over to the rest of the room, in time to see the entrance of a certain Draconeqqus.  Oh.  Well, Discord was on good behavior the last wedding he attended, so in all fairness, this was no real cause for alarm.  

Save for what mayor Rich was likely to harangue him about on the first occasion that permitted, but given that Blueblood planned a lengthy honeymoon very far away, no doubt some other crisis would drive such complaints from her head.  "And good day to you, Sir Discord.  Never one to miss a celebration, eh?"

• Like 3
  • Aubergine 1

~Arctic Blitz~

Arctic Blitz approached the front entrance, his eyes lazily focused on the door as he thought to himself. His friend who had invited him to come along was supposed to meet him at the train station, but there was no sign of her when he arrived, nor was there any after a substantial period of waiting. He was mulling in his head whether she had been delayed somehow, or if she had simply forgot that they were meeting at the station and not at the party himself. Whichever it was, he decided that it was best to show up at the wedding before it really kicked off, even if his friend would be showing up late. Surely, she would understand, if she wasn't just already instead. He was snapped out of his thoughts, when the ground shook, and not far in front of him, landed an honest to Celestia Sphinx, a creature that he had previously believed only existed in myth and legend. He had heard plenty of rumors about the quaint little town of ponyville, but he had not even been here for a few hours and already, something he thought he'd never see simply jumped down in front of him. The creature then discreetly motioned for some uptight looking mare to follow them aside, as if they were just another guard. 

He stared, and watched them walk off, as he continued to approach front door, albeit, at slower pace. When he finally reached it, he fumbled for his invitation, one that was more so a formality, addressed to a "plus one" of a guest, rather than a guest themselves. He quickly presented it to the guard, who seemed to be the one checking invitations.  Arctic shifted uncomfortably as the guard scrutinized both the invitation and Arctic Blitz himself. For a moment, the thought crossed his mind that maybe the guard somehow recognized him. He may not be world famous, but he was certainly among one of the more notable pirates, despite his relative young age as compared to others with his notoriety, and there was also a risk of being recognized when around the guards. Eventually, the guard spoke up. "Where is the guest you are supposed to be coming with?" Arctic Blitz bite his tongue, hiding any concern as best he could. "Well...about that...I don't know. See, she was supposed to meet me at the train station, and we were supposed to go together, but she was no show there. I don't know where she is, whether her train got delayed or if she forgot we weren't meeting at the castle itself. Her na-" Arctic Blitz was cut off by the guard, who seemed less than amused. "If you aren't with your guest, I can't let you in. Invitation or not." Arctic Blitz's lips curled into a frown, as he stared at the guard, nearly dumbfounded. "You can't be serious! What if she is already instead! Look, I even brought a present for the co-...er, Herd!" He said, presenting the small gift he had brought, wrapped up for the groom and his wives. As he did this, he leaned to the side, looking inside the castle, hoping to catch a glimpse of either his friend, or something else that would give him an idea on how to get around this guard.

• Like 4
  • Hearthoof 1

large.png

Fluttershy loved weddings. Everypony was dressed in their best outfit, bachelors and bachelorettes were on their most inspirational moods, and the little ones were super cute and didn't necessarily know why. It was always a good time, celebrating the love two share for each other. However, Fluttershy's eagerness to join such gatherings were typically limited to the connections she feels familiar with. Twilight's coronation after-party? She is one of the Princess's best friends, of course she would be there. Applejack and Rainbow Dash getting married? She saw them almost every day between adventures in friendship and animal-related visits for Winona and Tank, so she would be there at the wedding. When Dr. Fauna host her niece's birthday at her animal clinic, Fluttershy was asked to attend so that she could help entertain the foal guests with fun animal friends. And why wouldn't she agree to that? Dr. Fauna had been a friend and partner in helping her achieve her dreams. Fluttershy loved attending gatherings involving her most important ponies in her life.

It's not to say the ponies of the day at this new particular wedding weren't special. Of course they were--special to somepony, that is. But Fluttershy barely knew them. Her interactions with Blueblood were formal, but never delved deeper than the typical delegations and impressive charisma he and she is known for. As for the other side, Fluttershy didn't even know who they were. Were they from Ponyville? How long have they been around? How long had they been with Blueblood? Fluttershy had no idea. And because she had no idea about this relationship, she felt odd being apart of the gig.

Discord had invited her to be his plus one. She couldn't say no, she knows how much Discord loves going to a crowd and attempting to steal the center of attention away from the bride and groom. But as she arrived, in her typical wedding guest gown, she nudged Discord as he was mingling with some of the usual wedding gang. "Um, Discord, are you sure it's okay for me to be here? I don't know the couple very well." To this point, the details of the wedding had not been described much to her, only that Discord wanted to go to another event, and maybe Fluttershy could be with him in order to keep him from getting too Discord-y. She hoped he would be on his best behavior and that a small, awkward chit chat by the punch bowl with a stranger would be the worst thing she would have to endure today.

• Like 4
  • Hearthoof 1

“I shall keep this swift as it seems you are already aware of the problem plaguing this town.” Nilaavin says back as he leads her away from the rest of the gusts too the trees. He was impressed by his first meeting with her. A strong force of will but respectful when speaking to him… And the look in her eyes! They had a spark that made him remember his mother in a way. “I fear much the shame and even with my eyes on them I have had one mare completely disregard the ‘No gusts past this point’ posting, a drunk griffon and my fellow guard flirting more than doing his blasted job. Oh, and some pony skydived on to the roof and then talked to me in a language he admitted to not really knowing how too speak in. Then consider me disrespectful for asking him to not speak in it when talking to me, I speak this just fine.” He sits down by the tree and rolls his eyes before looking down at Spoiled Rich. “All of this before the wedding has even started. I just can’t wrap my paws around this town and it's complete disregard of order of even the smallest amount.” He waved a paw in the air, shaking his head. “I was going to fuss at you but I can see that it is unnecessary. You have a look in your eyes, it's much like mine. We are both unhappy with the state of things.” He added with a frown, even if he did feel a small hit of hope in this pony. 

~~~~~~~~~~

[Tempest has been skipped for this post!]

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

Swift Squall:

Noblepony didn't even managed to warm his spot on the wall, before being greeted by all-too-familiar voice.

"Pretzy?" Squall said as he strengthened up into 'proper' posture. He noticed that her voice was starting to get that classical Trottingham flair back.

"Vous êtes à la maison depuis un moment." Swift stated. But when the painter asked how Fire's have been he raised an eyebrow. Moto was writing to her, has she not?

"...Well about that..." he started but a quick 'Hey Swifty!' of most wonderful voice in the world made him stop. "Hey Beautiful." Squall said as he returned a much more fiery-smooch.

"Well why don't you ask them?" he said to painter as he gestured to his love and her growing belly.

They didn't managed to exchange more then few words when Discord showed up! At this point Swift started to wonder if he became some kind of gathering magnet? Or perhaps it was karma for getting late at the last wedding ceremony he want either way, but if it wa sthe case, Discord presence put him at ease.

"Hey Gramps." he said cheerfully. Discord was a prankster, but also ultimate security, and a spotlight hog. Anything that would disturb his socializing will be dealt with in ten seconds flat, and with draconequus mocking and taunting potential troublemaker. After all the ONLY troublemaker allowed on such occasions was Discord itself. This in fact gave Squall an idea.

"Have you met that sphinx at top of the castle? He was so stiff that I feel as if I was gazed upon by cockatrice. A real stick in the rump. Seems he has no idea how things work around here." he said to draconequus with a wink. "Also two new O&O playerbooks came last week! Got your copies already?" unicorn asked. Swift wasn't much of a player, but he knew O&O rule like back of his hoof. Now that he will be staying at home for a time being....perhaps he will be able to DM a dew sessions?

He didn't managed to get Discord's response, when another pony shown up - one that made him straighten his posture once more. Applejack and Sparkle always had the best things to say about her, although while emphasizing what kind of mare she was. Such gentle pony wasn't one that shared his views and interests, so he never imposed himself on the rare occasion they were at the same event....but now....

"Lady Fluttershy." he greeted the yellow pegasus while making a very respectful bow. That doesn't prevented him from correcting her. "Emmm..I would say 'triangle' would be more fitting to describe this relationship and ceremony, Lady Flutteryshy."

Of course this was also the moment when Blue chose to show himself. Squall first though was 'What's with the top hat?'. It stroke hims him as odd to wear this headgear - and headgear in fact - as a groom. But he wasn't Blue and it wasn't his wedding.

The second though Squall had was...well realization that gifting Blue this present became much, MUCH more public then Swift wished to be! Well...beings buddies with Discord made Swift si much better at improvising.

"Well how could we not?" he mused when Prince greet them. "Especially since some of us are more then friends...." Swift reminded while using his magic to push Pretzy closer to himself and Blueblood, emphasized their common ancestry. It wasn't everyday three scions of Platinas gathered in one place..."Which brings us to this..." noblepony said, his gaze much more serious, as he started unpacking the package he was carrying....Revealing lacquered mahogany box and sigil of...well....Platinas. Swift and Presteza were descendants of that royal blood, and could prove this, but Blueblood was the only one who could sign himself using this sigil. Which meant....

"...Yes...it's Auntie's...." Squall confirmed, 'Auntie' in question being Blueblood's mom. During noble gatherings, she always insisted to Lil'Swifty to refer to her as such, despite their relation being much farther then that. Still looking straight at Prince, swordpony opened the box, revealing pair of matching blue-pearl necklaces....

"......I spent over a year looking for anything. I am sorry I couldn't find anything more Blue..." Squall finally turned his head aside to not look at Prince, as if in shame, that he wasn't able to provide his friend with more definitive answer.

'Jade Beaker':

The audacity! If this was more private place and occasion, 'Jade' would make sure to 'repay' such behavior. But of course due to circumstances she was forced to let this slide. Oh well, not that it mattered in the long run. Ever-prepared mare, 'Beaker' was sure to cast her disguise enchantment on everything she wore - separately. This however reminded her.... - if she was to further interact with Berry in the future, she will need to find more durable way to disguise herself. Something that will hold up to even most powerful dispel, or work in anti-magic zone. Perhaps Dox would help her with solution for that? Well for now she will focus on not drawing any attention to herself.

"We have those of his kind in Wingapore too. They even managed to make themselves a political party. I find it...curious that somepony like him, works for a royal." she mused to her companion in the same, conspiratorial whisper Berry did, before adding aloud. "I wish Oil would be here. He's so fun to be around."

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 2

The air inside the brides' room was thick with nervousness. Mostly from Dunnie. She sat at the vanity mirror hanging on the pale purple of the crystal wall behind it. She was usually an easy going mare, taking like as it came. But now life was here looking the pegasus in the face and Dunnie was sitting in a room, mulling over all the things that could go wrong. With a heavy sigh, she turned to Star, "I'm heading out to the wedding." She slipped up out of her seat and got to her hooves. With her wings, she smoothed out her dress. "I'm sure it's not as bad as my nerves think, right? Even in this crazy town?" She trotted over to the door, the sunlight outside peeking in. "And it's not just because you ate half my chocolates." She clarified with a grin to her fiance and then slipped outside, closing the door behind her. "But there's more food out here, including chocolates." She adjusted her flower crown and took off into the air, circumventing the castle to fly to the front door.

Off to the horizon, she could see the silhouette of a Sphinx. Was that Nil? Talking to Spoiled Rich? She must have run her mouth, Dunnie thought, got upset and now Nil is setting her straight. Away from the crowd to not embarrass her. Dunnie grinned at the thought and landed heavily on the dirt in front of the golden steps. She brushed herself off again and made her way up the steps, like any other guest. But there seemed to be an issue.

She saw the guard accosting some unicorn. Actually, was that Shining Armor? No, this stallion was too skinny. Dunnie hurried up the stairs and having caught some of the conversation she interjected. "Come, now." She said as she slid up, side by side with the guard, "The invitations are just a formality, they aren't actually needed for entry." She explained. True or not, she gave no room for the guard to interject as she beckoned the stallion inside. "Get some food and drinks, and have fun!" She instructed the stallion.

Even before turning to face the room, she could feel the energy in the air as ponies were about chatting, socializing. She grinned wide as she soaked in the scene though her eyes set on the group just ahead of her. "Fire! Bevel!" Two mares she could recognize easily, "Swift, Presy, Bluey!" Who were huddled up together. She trotted up to the group up behind the other two who caught her eye instantly, "Fluttershy and Noodle, too!" She smiled at them both and gave Discord a hoof-bump on his single cloven hoof.

"I'm glad to see all of you here, it means a lot to me!" She trotted over to to her stallion, giving him a kiss on the cheek and then gave him a loving look, "Means a lot to us both." She was sure when she said it.

But now looking off to the side, she could see another pony she hadn't seen for a long while. Magenta coat, and clad in that distinct garb. But she was talking to another pony, and wouldn't want to interrupt, lest she get punished to do pushups!

• Like 4

jq8lnM4e_o.png

Discord was what one could call a master of ceremonies! He knew every party needed a player. Every shindig needed a charlatan! And every hootenanny needed a horse! Well ponies would work he supposed! This time the affair seemed a bit more complicated as it was a groom to two brides. But the most daunting task of all was to delegate the delivery of his decedent cake to the damsels! Such distress!

But alas Fluttershy has a driver with not a moment to spare! His long, grey ear swiveled back, the jubilant, mismatched monstrosity would mingle as if he had not been out of practice for a century over, and turned to Blueblood, his box floating before the claret case popped apart to reveal the three tiered orange iced cake. 

"But of course Bluey! And I brought a gift for the brides! I heard that it's quite a custom in colder climes to smear the cake k to the muzzle of the groom after the toast. Something about keeping them warm." He could never quite understand these pony antics but he very well tried to understand the more fantastical soirees and rituals ponies and other creatures put such efforts into. 

Far be it for him to really get it right either, but A for effort. He looked to Fluttershy before landing on the ground, hoof and talon, before looming over the yellow and pink mare. "Oh you see I'm with the bride this time. She fell through one of my storybooks that connects to Chaosville so I owed them a favour."

It wasn't every day that a chimeric demi god granted favors, except in Discord's case it was because he couldn't go a day without interfering in the affairs of mortals. Or what was it he had to remember to call or? Helping. He was helping them and making lasting friendships. As Squall nickered out his contemptuous nickname, after all Discord was quite young for a timeless entity of chaos, he gave the fellow his ear, the appendage popping off as the chaos entity stretched and widened it to foolishly display his age was somehow affecting his hearing. With a pop the ear seemed to melt like a clock from one of those famous Salvahorse Dali paintings before he reformed, upside down, before the chatterbox.

Discord stole a glance to the top of the castle, a paw coming to his chest as a memory collected from his ever flowing fountain of fame and infamy. "The last Sphinx I met was going on about riddles. How was I supposed to know you aren't supposed to tell them impossibly paradoxical riddles that would have them reciting it for life? It really wasn't all that hard." He snapped his paws to visually manifest the image in front of Squall as he spoke. "It walked on four legs at night, two in the afternoon and three in the evening." The shape transformed from a Pony, to a Minotuar before becoming a Hippogriff: with two hooves and a fishtail. 

Discord would squint at Squall, utterly offended by the question. "I'll have you know I've not only the new versions of the second edition books, but first edition!" Was there ever any doubt?

He looked to Fluttershy, motioning his paw to Squall as the stallion went on. It was quite easy to keep Squallars entertained but even easier to distract. Pursing his lips the draconequus gave a few snaps: a white top hat appearing on Squall's head before it started to grow and extend: so high that the tip would match the height with the top of the castle. 

It was Squall Swift Esquire owner of the Canterlot Squallardome, the one they were hosting two crashed nebulas. Which Discord would pick up later! He was wondering where he dropped the pair of universes. Honestly he needed to start using stronger stuff to keep those stars in place! He would turn to Dunnie and give the mare a hoof bump and clap his paw and claw together as he moved to float off the ground. "Now, now you can't expect me to miss a party! Besides I sort of owe you for dropping you in Chaosville without a map. Honestly it was my fault. How was I supposed to know Pegasus turned that color in the foothills?!"

• Like 5
  • Hearthoof 1

E742PkX.png

Presteza was beaming when Fire Walker entered her line of sight. With a surprising bout of speed, Presteza brought fire into a hug. "Fire! It's been so long... where are all those letters you said you'd write?" Before Presteza decided to settle herself down in Ponyville, she had been doing a bit more traveling to see the world. She made sure to keep up with the post office where she could but perhaps all her moving around had resulted in something of a mounting delay between deliveries. Whatever she'd missed in her friend's life she was more than eager to catch up.

In her excitement, the painter had barely noticed the presence of the personification of chaos having sauntered his way into the scene. In the moments after she had hugged Fire she paused and looked up and down the long figure of Discord: as if checking to see if he was really there. She had seen him in Ponyville now and again on her walks trhough town, but he was almost always busy with something or somepony and nowadays she wasn't as likely to try and push her way into circumstances just to slake her thirst for novel experiences so she left him to his own devices. At some point in the night she'd need to introduce herself and ask if he would like a portrait done.

The words of Wordsworth brought her back to the more pressing matters at hoof. She remembered the friendly stallion from one of the past galas she attended, "It's good to see you as well, Wordsworth. I hope you've been keeping well!"

7X1uTfL.jpg

Meanwhile, back by Nilaavin Bevel was getting a few magical readings off the mysterious sphinx. She'd heard so many stories of these beings and to think the prince had managed to get in the good graces of one. It was utterly fascinating! But soon her aetheric resonance detected caught the signal of a massive signature of magic... a very familiar one. Those golen eyes narrowed as it donned on her who it was. Nonchalantly she got back up from her seat and made her way off to the nook where quite a few ponies seemed to be congregating. Her readings were spiking massively with each step until she finally saw the noodly presence among the crowd.

A devious smile spread across her muzzle. 

The inventor braced herself, took a deep breath, and charged into a gallop that transitioned into a running leap. A blur of earthy tones collided with the spirit of Chaos and soon the inventor was clinging onto the spirit and had him in a big hug, "Monsieur Discord!" She chirped with glee as she clung to the noodly spirit, "It's been far too long! Why haven't you come to visit in Talonopolis lately? You didn't forget about the world's greatest inventor did you?!" The elated mechanist only paused in her sudden shower of affection to look down to the familiar face of Squall, "Oh! Bonjour to you as well, Monsieur Squall. I'd hoped to run into you and tell you that the latest blueprints are already finished and production is set to begin as soon as you are ready." She wouldn't bother with context since she was sure that the stallion knew what she meant. 

With Dunnie's entrance, Bevel calmed down a little and simply held onto Discord's side as if she were a sapient backpack. "I wouldn't miss it for all the Coffee in Coltlumbia, Mon amie!" She offered her hoof to bump against Dunnie's own and then grinned to behold the ceremony on her chosen perch: Discord.

• Like 6
  • Hearthoof 2

As Rose waited on an answer from Tiger Blood, she detected a conspicuous anomaly in the vicinity that made the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end. Its readings were... Disconcerting for one as cautious as her. 

Curiously, she shifted her attention away from the rude sphinx- she'd gotten most of what she needed from him- and directed her attention and enhanced senses towards the direction of the anomaly, quickly discerning it to be an anomalous organism of chimeric design.

One Discord.

Some dark, inner part of her was repulsed by the name, summoning stories of ill-tidings and anarchy to the surface of her mind, but she forced that voice down with one that stood with far more authority: scientific curiosity.

Clearly, this world's Discord was not nearly as calamitous as her own, hence the remarkably tame reactions of the locals, and the actions of one miss 'Bevel.' Hm, so it would seem Fluttershy isn't the only mare with an attraction to the strange and unusual.

After a moment of eavesdropping on the two, a small smile cut its way across her muzzle, thin and inscrutable. She knew it was rather rude of her, but... Who could call her out on this anyway? 

"World's greatest inventor you say?" The voice, to bevel, would sound as if the speaker were right next to her, engaging with a conversational tone. "Why, do I have a proposition for you, Miss Bevel ~" a short giggle rang out following this proclamation. 

Theatrics were always so amusing when she could afford them. 

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

~Arctic Blitz~

Arctic was finding himself rapidly getting fed up with the guard, not that he would make an ordeal of it out front or try to fight the guard, but his mind was already running towards ways he could possibly sneak in or get around this guard, now being encouraged equally by spitefulness towards the guard as he was by obligation to show up to something he had promised his friend he'd go to. He was about to back away and do just that, when quite possibly the best thing could have happened, when a mare, who he quickly identified as one of the brides, intervened, in his favor. He followed the mare in when she beckoned him in, shooting the guard a cocky smirk as he did so. 

Once he was inside, he eyes scanned around the room quickly, hunting for his friend, who, as he had feared, hadn't even showed up herself yet. Any bitterness on his, admittedly, rather flakey friend, simply forgetting to show up was dashed away rapidly, replaced by sheer fascination. He had that the quiet little town of Ponyville was perhaps the strangest in Equestria, but even still, seeing Discord, a literal god, was something of a shock. Odds were that the most interesting ponies would also be hanging around him. Without hesitation, he made his way to where the god was hanging out. Among the crowd, he picked out one of the elements of harmony herself, Fluttershy, along with the bride who had helped him in and the groom himself, Prince Blueblood. 

Arctic glanced down at the gift he brought for the groom and his brides. Anything that he could have bought with money would have been meaningless, a drop in the sea, and Arctic felt it almost shallow to give something without meaning. His gift was, instead of something traditional, more of a peculiarity. Perhaps a year or two ago, he wasn't quite sure on how long exactly now, he had a run in with one of his longtime rivals, and in the ensuing battle, managed to tear a strange amulet from the claws of the griffon, who had sworn vengeance on the unicorn. Normally, he might have pawned it off, and used the money to pay for ship repairs, rum, or had given the money away, but something made him keep it, though he could hardly explain what. It didn't take him long to realize that he didn't recognize the designs or symbols on it, an oddity to be sure, though Arctic was not an expert on ancient jewelry. Things didn't really get strange until all the experts he knew told them that they weren't quite sure what it was he had gotten his hooves on, and try as he might, he couldn't find a pony or griffon or any other being that could tell him where this thing came from, nor could he even get it appraised. Clearly, it was a mystery he couldn't solve, and so, he figured that perhaps it was best to pass it on to somepony who might better know what to do with it, even if it did just turn out to be some worthless trinket in the end, albeit an odd one. 

Now that he saw the Prince though, he found himself filled with doubt, about whether or not he should really give it up, despite not even knowing what it was. He held the small box, containing the amulet and a note of warning, close to his side, as he hesitated. Letting out a deep breath, he shook his head, as if he was breaking himself out of trance, and made his way to the prince, taking note of the conversations around him. Particularly, the words "World's greatest inventor" caught his ear. He would have to talk to this pony himself soon, he had quite a few questions to ask them, if they were truly that. 

Once he reached Blueblood, he cleared his throat, and spoke up. "Excuse me, your majesty. I wanted to extend my congratulations to you, as well as humbly present you with this gift." He presented the small box to the Prince, a part of him already telling him that he had made a mistake on giving away the gift, even though he had no clue what it was, if it even was anything. He did his best to ignore the feeling, as he smiled at the groom.  

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

81KtqmA.png

Gallus entered the wedding proper and was pleased that the wonderful chaos that preceded the ceremony allowed him to more easily get closer and closer to his target. The small desperation that had taken root at the core of his self was ebbing now if only because his target was clear. One dressing room. One would-be married former bachelor. That didn't make Gallus wonder though. Blueblood was getting married. Was Bluebelle still a bachelorette? Could she still get married separately? If she could and the Chancellor decided to stay as one or the other did the one the Chancellor stayed as have to take up the new marriages? Everything was confusing, and he hadn't even managed to get drunk yet. Speaking of, he could see Smolder starting to get a little bubbly herself. Were dragons as lightweight as griffons? He'd have to-

"Comrades Gallus and Smolder?......"

- Gallus barely understood what was being said.
Okay, yes. So it made sense there'd be somecreature taking care of Blueblood's affairs. Well, he couldn't help Gallus with his problem. But he could probably take him to the stallion who could help him with his problem, so maybe in a way this attendant could help Gallus help himself. And that was all Gallus needed, a helping hoof to help Gallus help himself by helping him out of this jam. "Oh, uhh. Hey there," Gallus said to Psmith as he shot him talon-guns, trying to search for the fella's name and coming up blank. That would be fine. "Hey, uhh, hey there. Sport. Uhh, I do need to see the Chancellor. Isn't school related, very personal. And urgent. So I need to see him if you'd just let me...?" he said, adding the pregnant pause at the end to allow Psmith to finish that sentence himself.

Sky Crack's disappointment was immeasurable and her day was ruined. But she hid it well, because a true warrior mare didn't let on when she felt a huge let down coming on. "I see," she responded passively. "Weddings are events of some excitement in Acroneighos, and we celebrate accordingly. The habits of these lands it would stand to reason would be different, but I would be lying if I said I was not disappointed," she said with no less a sullen expression than was possible while remaining expressionless.  She did enjoy the compliment. Acroneighos raised many healthy mares of proper athletic and militant upbringing and cut an impressive athletic figure, fit for soldierly duties across the world. "Thank you for the compliment. Acroneighos takes pride in the physical fitness of her people and her healthy bearing and soldierly conduct shine through her citizens as the sun. You would not look out of place yourself in the armor of an Accompli, Tempest."

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 2

~~Wordsworth Psmith~~

It was quite clear to see that Gallus was not in any mood to trust his fate to the tender mercies of Psmith’s whimsy.  In this, he was likely wise; the secretary took his duties seriously, but he had inherited his father’s puckish sense of fun.  There was no real telling what would happen were the unicorn to be left to his own devices with the news that Gallus wished to convey personally to Blueblood, but it would likely have driven the poor bird to drink.  Back to drink, at any rate.

“A personal meeting, comrade?  Well, I cannot say his calendar is currently unoccupied, but never let it be said the Archancellor could not spare a moment for his prized and precious students!  But haste, I fear, must be made!  His time is already nibbled at, like a cow swimming with the piranha.  Come, come!”  And with a bid of magical prodding at the back of Gallus and Smolder’s heads, Psmith personally escorted the pair to where Blueblood was engaging with the guests.  Hopefully, Gallus wasn’t hoping for a private conversation…

~~Star Crusader~~

Dunnie’s nervousness was hitting Star like oil on a rock, just running off without any visible sign of erosion.  Of course, behind that implacable edifice, the mare’s heart was beating slightly faster than usual, but only just.  To her, this was but the public formalization of what already existed between all three of them.  Her only worry was concerning what disruptive elements might take this opportunity to wreak havoc upon their beloved Prince.  And even then, she was fairly confident of being able to back-kick them clear into next week.

“It is considered bad luck for the brides to venture out and be seen by the groom before the wedding.”  She replied, betraying neither superstition nor the lack thereof.  “But I hardly suppose it will make a difference, considering our present circumstances.”  She gave a slight smile at Dunnie’s complaints about the chocolates.  Our chocolates, they were given to us to share.”  She wondered, briefly, if her fellow pegasus was beginning to use food as a coping mechanism, or if this was due to a… different reason to eat more these days.

“Probably best to burn off that nervous energy now.  I’ll cover the place with a patrol, sweep by where you’re not.  If anything’s going to happen, best know about it before hoof.”  Taking flight with heavy beatings of her wings, the amazon of a pegasus finally achieved liftoff, banking to follow Dunnie through the front door.  There seemed to be some kind of altercation by the door, a guest without an invitation?  Arctic would find himself scrutinized much more carefully by the much larger mare.  Star didn’t say anything, but her expression conveyed the sort of dire fate he could expect were any “funny business” to come from his gift. 

But once Dunnie began to escort him to where the Prince was receiving guests, she took a walk down the other side of the room.

This side path brought her close to the secluded spot where Tempest Shadow and Sky Crack were conversing privately.  It is possible that the Acroneighos mare would recognize her figure, if not her face, from the Morningstar-wielding armored hulk that was once seen battling in the Arena at Saarvergerg.  Duties had later put an end to such entertainments, but the memories, for her, were happy ones, bruises and all.

“Honored Strategikos.”  She bowed her head in greeting, “Or has your rank changed since last we met?”  She couldn’t help but overhear the subject of their talk, and her somewhat unsettlingly unfamiliar smile appeared.  “There was, in fact, a party of your fellow-countrymares hired for the occasion, but that was for the Prince’s bachelor party.  As you can probably tell, His Highness has a… particular taste in mares.”  A slight lift of the wing showed off her well-muscled figure and impressive span.

Tempest appeared to share the taste, though her aversion to crowds was well-known and respected.  Knowing that her looming presence was crowding in and of itself, Star determined to keep this meeting brief, if the unicorn mare so wished.  In truth, the honor guard’s hackles were beginning to rise on the back of her neck, and she unconsciously stood up straighter, giving a side-eye to a couple of the other guests.  She couldn’t place a feather on why, just that honed instincts of years were telling her *something* about the stranger seated with… Berry Punch, it seemed?

~~Berry Punch~~

Meanwhile, Berry was under no such apprehensions.  Whether it was general naivite or simply having one’s intuition dulled by the fruits of her trade, she sensed nothing but good vibes coming from ‘Jade Beaker.’  “Oh, yes, with Tiger on patrol, we could have made this a regular reunion tour with that cute bat!”  She giggled, though the unicorn’s mention of her assumed homeland had triggered another thought.

“You know, I don’t think you’ve ever told me much about where you come from.  Is this sort of wedding normal in Wingapore?  You certainly aren’t averse to taking on multiple ponies at once, from what I can tell.  It’s honestly a little unusual around here, though I think ponies are understanding about this sort of thing for the most part.”  Her gaze roamed to where she could just see the mayor talking with the sphinx, though it didn’t seem like either were dressing down each other, which surprised her.

“If I’m being perfectly honest,” She spoke in a lowered voice, “There are some mares in this town that may well make a stallion look for another option.  Not that I’ve heard Filthy do any such thing, though.  He’s better than Spoiled deserves, I don’t mind telling you that!”  It was a mark of how comfortable Berry was with her plus one, to be so sharing in small town gossip with her.

~~Spoiled Rich~~

If the Mayor’s ears were burning, it didn’t show.  Spoiled Rich was much more interested in the sphinx in front of her and what he had to say.  The more Niil spoke, the more she realized just how much she liked the cut of this kitty’s jib.  He understood.

“You see it too, then.  Frankly, it’s been hard enough maintaining my own standards in this town, let alone bringing the rest of it up to my level.  Would you believe we do not even have a token police force?  It is ridiculous.  Thankfully, your…”  She wasn’t quite sure what to say, ‘Master’ was probably the correct title, but hardly a flattering one.  “Well, His Royal Highness was able to pull a few strings with the guard to get a regular posting here.  Not that we got many applicants, I believe the only one so far is a Thestral by the name of Midnight Oil.  Once I have proper enforcement to hoof, I can really start to put things in order.”

She nodded, quite satisfied with herself.  “Right now, though, my priority has been the Everfree.  The worst events have always involved some beast or swarm or other sweeping through town from the wilds.  Thankfully, we have an expert in wildlife control now attached to City Hall, who is currently overseeing a fencing operation.”  She omitted the fact that he had also been her opponent in the Mayoral race, running on that exact platform.  After all, a good ruler recuperated, rather than crushing, reasonable opposition.  A lesson Niilavin would be well-suited to learn, were Spoiled Rich the sort of pony who would actually teach.

~~Prince Blueblood~~

Even when nearly swamped by guests, Blueblood’s famous charm never faltered.  He’d held to it in crowds of greater size and lesser friendliness, what was a little extra chaos?

“Oh, thank you, Discord.  One can never have too much confectionery at a Royal Wedding, after all.”  He was quite proud of how minimal his cringe was at the mention of getting it smeared across his face was.  Star wouldn’t do that, he was certain, but Dunnie… Dunnie wasn’t the sort to let him get too pompous, and would take corrective measures wherever and whenever she thought them justified.  “Oh, and would you kindly let Fluttershy know that I would like to discuss some things with her soon?  As you can tell, I recently came into possession of a sphinx, a magnificent creature, but I fear, an endangered one.  I’d like to ask if she’s aware of any females of his kind?”

Swift’s reminder of their common ancestry struck him as a little out of the blue, but it struck hard.  He was quieted by the reflection upon it, and the sight of his friend, or truer to say, cousin’s gift, even moved a tear to his eye.  “You… you found what we could not… even after I found my father’s journal…”  There was something truly symbolic in the gift, as the expedition where he’d gone looking for the remains of his parent’s crashed airship was where he’d first met Dunnie, back when she was Dunder Blust.  In a way, that trip had been the first step to finally reaching today.  “Th-thank you.  Heh, to think, I thought myself alone and without family for so long…”  He looked at Swift and Pressy both, smiling.  “More fool I for not actually looking, eh?”

The somber moment did not last; no such moment could last, in the presence of the brightening happiness that Dunnie brought to the group.  “Dunnie, my dear!  I didn’t think- well, I suppose it was too much of an ask to keep you in one room when Princess Twilight was running late.”  He gave a short little laugh, returning his wife-to-be’s kiss before turning to the stranger presenting his gift.

“Thank you, mister…?”  He asked, brow raised, waiting for the stallion to introduce himself.  “I know this wedding is hardly typical, but I have set aside a place to deposit gifts.  I’m not sure I would have the time to receive all of them personally, you understand.”  He did not wish to offend, but having his wedding dissolve into a chaotic mess was not his idea of a good time.  With Discord present… well, that might be tempting fate.  

And the fates, so tempted, presented him with a secretary trailed by two students.  “Comrades all!  I do regret to inform you that His Archancellorship’s presence and attention are required.  His student body requires caretaking.  A teacher’s work is truly never done, but care for the younger ones is never a bad sign in a future mate, as all experts agree.”  Psmith winked through his monocle at Dunnie, grinning at Pressy.  “We are well, Comrade Presteza!  The papers, so flighty in their nature, arrange themselves now in ordered ranks, triple file, to the fray!  At the desk, we assume command, and the bureaus obey!  Truly, Our fair Princess Sparkle shall be pleased in the state with which we have continued her noble institution!”

Blueblood looked a little sideways at Wordsworth, but then shrugged.  “Alright Gallus, what is it?”  The look in the griffon’s eye… it was not encouraging.  The tipsy expression of the accompanying dragon was downright discouraging.  “You haven’t been raiding the refreshment table before the reception, have you?”

• Like 1
  • Apple 1
  • Hearthoof 3

~Arctic Blitz~

Arctic Blitz paused, dumbfounded in himself. Of course there was somewhere where you were supposed to drop off presents, yet for some reason, that had just slipped his mind. He quickly recovered, putting on a somewhat embarrassed smile. "Oh right, my bad. A lot on my mind lately...." He stopped again. Normally, he would have just given a fake name, and a fake profession, and rolled with it from there. It worked on ponies who had much more reason to ask more than the Prince, but this was a wedding. He wasn't here to steal or do harm, and nopony else was looking for a trouble, unless there was another army of changelings hiding amongst the crowd, which Arctic doubted. "My name is Arctic Blitz. Though you can just call me Arctic....I'm an Airship Captain." 

His attention was immediately drawn by what was nearly a speech from an overly eloquent pony, who was followed by both a young dragon and a young griffon. His eyebrow arched, as he watched the trio. In his experience, ponies that took the time to turn every sentence into a script from a Manehatten play tended to be con-artists, through and through, and the more likable they seemed, the more of a con they were. With how smooth this stallion seemed, Arctic was certain he could rob a captain of his entire ship, or even an admiral of their fleet, and better yet, he was here, among the nobility. Arctic's lips curled in smile. If even an inkling of his suspicion was true, this was a pony he could get along famously with. As the Prince shifted to address the two students, Arctic shifted entirely towards the eloquently spoken stallion. "So...You must be a teacher or administrator at the Princess's school here, right?....or do you work for the Prince directly, as a secretary or assistant?" Arctic asked, pausing for but a moment. "Arctic Blitz, by the way." He added quickly. 

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

USG3AI7.png?1

Fire Walker glanced back at the odd Draconequus and smiled. It was so strange seeing the powerful and former Mad King Of Equestria so relaxed and reserved. She could only blame Lady Fluttershy for such a thing. Her kindness and beauty could turn the sour into sweet and war into peace.

"I would not miss this for the world, Your Highness.", the Royal Captain said with a proper bow. So many weddings, but not a single bachelorette party. She wanted to see Princess Twilight dance like she did a few years ago. While rushing to get over to her brother's Canterlot office, the red Pegasus pony took a shortcut through one of the gardens, and noticed the purple pony was dancing rather drunkenly while wearing what appeared to be an potato sack with a pink ribbon tied around it. She wanted to see -that- dance. Although she wondered if Alicorns could get drunk.

These images quickly fled once she received a kiss from her favorite stallion. There was a sphinx? How in the world did she miss such a large creature? She always felt sorry for the sphinx in a story she had read. Was it a Daring Do book? She felt sorry for the beautiful creature. She probably was lonely and wanted a friend.

And there was Dunder, or Dunnie. She could never get used to that.  The red mare waved to her old friend. She really hoped Muggo' would be here, but she had a feeling he would not be able to attend.  Their previous adventure with the good Prince, while it happened years ago, she still remembered every bit of it.  There was that talk of O&O. She tried to read the 'Players Handbook' during her high school day, but she got as far as the 'Haldo!' old timey greeting on the 1st page. That was far too nerdy for her.

One thing shocked her. "I did write...A few...", did she use an old address?  "Well, to make things quick. Was hired by Princess Twilight to form her new guard. Then all the crazy stuff happened. Fought the Changeling Queen, an Centaur and what I believe was a preteen filly, and also I have a kid on the way.", she whispered, "Also faced an evil pig with Lady Applejack. This little piggy wanted to take over the world and turn everyone else into piggies. We managed to make her go 'wee wee wee all the way home'.", she added with a wink, "We'll have to find time to talk after this. We have a good deal to catch up with."

X6ELvBR.png?1

Smolder's right eye cranked up a little higher as Wordsworth Psmith said the word 'comrade' for a hundred or so times. Was he paid a bit every time he said that word? She had no idea what he was talking about. She glanced over at her bestest bluest birdy buddy who did a better job at talking than she could at the moment. This was his gift. The gift of the gab. The jib of the jab. The bad and the rad.  The toad and the tad. The scantily clad and newspaper ad. "I'm just watching him and using the 'buddy system'.", she managed to grunt and walk at the same time.  One thing struck her as odd. Was Prince Blueblood talking to her? A real prince! She would let the griffon respond to him. Gift of the gab and all.
  • Like 3
  • Hearthoof 2

Nilaavin’s eyes were almost a glitter with joy as the mare spoke. She reminded him of his mother, of a sphinxess! The fire and focus of her eyes and the strength of her words. If only she was born with paws and wings. Regardless of her lesser birth she had more than the spark, she had the fire most ponies did not. And that did put a smile on his lips. 

“Oh do not start me on that dreadful plot of land. To be so close to this land's capital, to have it in view!” He waved a paw up in the air, aimed at the far off Canterlot resting far up on mountain peaks. “Four packs of… ‘timber wolves’ I believe is the word. Two manticores. One hydra. That is what I have battled in my time here.” He moved his paw to his chest. “I feel as if a spoon has been given to me and my liege requested I stop the flooding of the rivers with it. And the locals of this town? They scoff at me. My wishes for order and safety are greeted with rolling eyes and remakes on how things are just this way. But they are not ‘just this way’ and never can be. When we first took seeds to the earth, plowed the fields and cut the channels for water we took this land from chaos to order. Yet they all seem overjoyed to give it back! They even let that… Sky worm make home here. I know he’s here at this event, things are already chaotic… And I can feel it. Anathema.” He lowered his paw down and looked over at the castle.

“We must speak more, I feel we shall get along very well. But we both have matters to see too. After this do you have pressing matters? I’d enjoy it if we had a few moments to rest to speak without rush or worry.” He asked looking down at her. “You are the most charming mare Ms' Spoiled Rich.”

~~~~~~~~~~

“Being disappointed at the customs of this land is pretty normal.” Tempest says rolling her eyes. “Why I live the way I do. Far north, mostly alone save for the one mare that understands me. Yet I shall be traveling soon. I have come in to ownership of an airship and will see much with it. Almost all my life was spent moving… Staying put is just not in my blood it feels like. I will see to it I visit Acroneighos. When I do you best be ready to meet me hoof to hoof, loser pays the bar tab.” She says with a smug grin before she looked over at the approaching giant of a mare. She arched an eyebrow, thinking. Where has she…

“Oh. You were the one that beat my honor guard. The Yetis with manes dyed like my fur, each one was hoof picked. Yet you managed to get past them. Hard much about you from the reports they gave me. Did not think you were really so large.” With that she stands up, meeting Star Crusader eye to eye. Tempest was no small mare. Yet she still felt small looking at this mare even if did meet her eye to eye. She then holds a hoof out in greeting. “They nicknamed you Shildbraker. Nice too meet this Shieldbreaker.”

• Like 3
  • Hearthoof 1

“No, I think I would remember fighting a hydra. I have fought dragons before though, and other less conversational wildlife, so I can figure it out.” Tiger said after a while, shrugging a bit as he watched their surroundings. Honestly, Rose was pretty good looking, and he’d probably go after her if not for Berry. He really felt like he had hit it off with her, and he really didn’t want to mess things up. 

——————

Solar Flare continued to sit where her seat was, not wanting to get up and trip all over the other seats around. She could see there were others around, but they seemed engrossed in their own groups already. Meanwhile, Sunny the bird flew around the building, watching the others in the building. Spotting a familiar pony, he flew down and perched nearby Fluttershy, chirping happily. 

• Like 3
  • Hearthoof 1

Memories of the 'foothills' came back to Dunnie as chaos incarnate brought the incident back up. 'Foothills' was certainly a curious way to put it, which Dunnie should have expected since it came straight from the noodle's mouth. "You know, any pony would turn that color!" Flashbacks to bumbling through Chaosville and landing on what seemed like perfectly trustworthy grass and dirt, albeit pink grass. Only for her weight to fall unhindered. Instead of landing on a curious hillside she felt like she splashed into a pink pool only to emerge with her coat stained the color of the deceptive grass. "Not that I didn't like the color!" She stuck her hoof out and turned to punctuate her point, "But it didn't fit me, y'know? Changes in foal steps and all that" The irony was lost on the mare. "Also I did kind of deserve it, I was very insistent on finding out what was in that book, and I found out." She giggled lightly.

When she caught sight of Discord's new coffee brown backpack, who not-so-curiously mentioned coffee, Dunnie gave her an amused look. "Of course! It only makes sense you'd come given those experiments all those years ago." She explained as she returned the hoof bump with a wide grin, the silver bangle on her foreleg danging for but a moment. With her other foreleg, she pushed herself up to her haunches, then launched herself into the air with a powerful kick off the ground. As she floated  in front of Discord, she gave his little white beard tuft a playful cat-like smack and giggled. She wrapped a leg around Discord's noodly body and slid down to meet Bevel where she was perched. "So, thanks for coming." She leaned in and gave the floofy, fuzzy brown mare a nuzzle, nose to nose for a moment then went back to hanging off the draconeqqus. "Of course, we supplied the wedding with only the finest of Canterlot's instant coffees for our guests!" She declared while hanging off the chaos being, free hoof pointed out to declare it proudly.

With that, she dismounted then brushed herself off, straightening out her dress and adjusting her crown of flowers with her feathers, "Oh! Also you should ask before climbing upon Discord. It's only polite!" She leaned in close, getting on her tippy hooves and with a leg sticking out for balance to whisper to Bevel, "He is old too, don't want to accidentally break something."

As she turned back to the crowd she made way for the crowed that was gathering around her husband to be. She pranced on down, making sure to make a stop for her ol' crimson comrade. "Thank you for making time. I know there were a lot of weddings at once, but, that's just how it is sometimes." She stood wing to wing with Fire and gave her a nuzzle on the neck, then continued on her way as to not distract the mare too much.

With some of the chancellorship's students present, Dunnie stood between them and draped her wings over them both in a feathery embrace. "Ah, yes. It's very good to finally meet some of Bluey's beloved students." She said softly. "Just be sure to make some time for the merriment! Balancing work and play, and all of that." She chuckled lightly, "The food and drinks are free!" then would give a well needed warning to the younger creatures "Just be careful not to drink too much, you'll get yourself siiickkk!" Of course she wouldn't want that! Not at her wedding.

She did also overhear the name of the unicorn she had helped in, and was sure to give a smile and a wing-wave to the stallion.

• Like 5

"Ah," it was a good thing she could split her attention so easily, but her thoughts were a little too focused in that moment to maintain the flow as well as she'd like. "All's the better."

Getting up, she stretched her legs and limbered herself up for a takeoff- well, metaphorically. Or metaphysically, rather. "I apologize, but I must depart your company. Other matters require my attention." She turned to give him a nod and an easy smile, slightly leaning over the ledge. "You should visit my shop sometime. I create potions for all manner of things, both conventional and not. I'm confident you could find something you didn't know you were looking for ~"

And then she was gone.

In a quiet pop- akin to a teleport with a silencer- she appeared near the living anomaly and, more importantly, a soon-to-be acquaintance, settling down on the spot to watch what events unfold. 

"Good evening mares and gentlecolts." if that amalgamation could even be called a gentlecolt. 

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 1

large.png

Fluttershy was overwhelmed by the many ponies and creatures around. Though it was not the largest gathering she had seen, she was more intimidated by the lack of familiarity with ones around her, especially with some of the tales and connections involving her date, Discord. She always knew he had very interesting social life, but she didn't see it often, and in such great concentration.

Swift greeted her kindly, which she took in stride. But when he explained that the wedding relationship was more of a triangle, Fluttershy tilted her head and repeated softly. "A triangle?" Could this be another one of Discord's inside jokes, or were there indeed a set of three tying their knots together at the same time. Without knowing the odds, Fluttershy decided not to gamble. "Is there more than one marriage today?"

Without much warning, Fluttershy received a hug from a friend of Discord's. Fluttershy chuckled. As long as she was with Discord, she wasn't worried about ponies she didn't know every well greeting her in such a way. Or, even worse. Maybe she did know these ponies but she couldn't remember their names. Fluttershy always had a backup plan on what to be worried about.

When Discord told Fluttershy how he knew the bride. "Oh. I don't think I've ever heard you talk about them before." Fluttershy felt ashamed to discover so many things about Discord she never knew about.

Over Discord's shoulder, Blueblood explained to him that he was in possession of a rare creature and might need assistance from Fluttershy. "A sphinx? Like from the Daring Do books?" Fluttershy had an extensive knowledge of animals in far away places, but she was no animalia encyclopedia. "We can schedule an appointment, I would very much like to see them."

• Like 3
  • Hearthoof 1

81KtqmA.png

Gallus couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief, even if it wasn't as fully formed as he would have liked. He didn't want anycreature else here. It was fated then that they would let slip his terrible error of judgement the night before and, one way or another, he'd be mocked. And why wouldn't they? It was flipping stupid what he did. The fact that ponies didn't mark their alcohol correctly didn't help. Nor did Griffon biology. Like dragons, they were highly susceptible to the grains and hops used in Equestrian brews. It wouldn't take much to get either one of them off their rocker and into the mistakes-only zone. But here she was and here he was and here Blueblood was and here his chance was and he wasn't going to blow it, not for such a silly reason. That didn't mean he couldn't try to keep it down, though.

"Hay, Chancellor. Umm," Gallus said as he started fishing through his bag, hovering close to the Chancellor as his eyes darted around nervously, "congratulations on your big day! Wow. Uhh, two wives. Twice the problems, right?" he laughed nervously. Oh Boreas, stop this. "Anyway, I didn't come to...get you excited or anything. I bet you are already. I needed to talk to you about something," he said as he pulled out a rolled set of three papers. They were stained and full of legalese but had the signatures of a very drunk Griffon, a far less drunk stallion recruiter, and the insignias of the REA and Royal Guard. He whispered. "See this? I was out partying last night. Maybe I misjudged what drinks were what. All I know is that I don't remember signing up for any sort of Guard, and I wouldn't even make a good one," he chuckled nervously "so, ya know. You're a royal and all, and I know your class has the proper power to-" he snapped his talons
"-this thing. So if you could be a pal and..." he ended hopefully, eyes darting around to make sure as few creatures as possible knew what was what.

"That sounds like a good agenda to me. Don't bring bits. We don't accept them in Acroneighos and I'd hate to make you work off my very excessive bar tab," Sky Crack responded evenly, with a small twinkle in the back of her voice detailing the ever so small amusement that would come from such an engagement. Certainly a far cry from the boredom on display as standard in this land's wedding customs. Luckily, when you had interesting company even the more boring aspects of life could be averted. To prove this, a Guardspony arrived. Sky Crack knew her, if only vaguely. Arena combatant. Guardspony with a good record. That often did not coalesce. Her own arena experience was for cause- to infiltrate and destroy a Jarl and to tame a dragon. What was Crusader's cause?
"Tagmatarches of the Scout Accompli, Fourth Pegtasi," Sky Crack replied. "Pleasure to meet you. I know of your record. You perform well, Crusader," she then rolled her eyes. "As for my countrymares, suffice it is to say that they are...misusing themselves, but such is the curse of youth."

• Like 3
  • Hearthoof 2

~Star Crusader~

Tempest's hoof was taken with a gentleness that did not quite manage to be effortless, and did not last long enough to let go.  Star gave a little pump or what was to her was little.  Temmy was probably a sturdy enough mare not to be shaken to her bones by it, but the number of ponies at this party for whom that was true was a very small number indeed.  "Indeed, though there were few shields that were actually there to be broken.  Armorplates, mostly, but Armorbreaker is too many syllables to be a snappy nickname."  A slight twist in her facial muscles appeared, perhaps it was meant as an expression of amusement.  "I will say, though I am ultimately glad we had no occasion to appear as enemies to each other, I do regret that we never had opportunity to test skill and might against each other.  If you feel the same, do see me during the reception.  A mud pit for the wrestling contest should be easy to arrange."  She turned to Sky Crack.  "The same offer is extended to you as well, Tagmatarches Sky Crack, should you wish to relieve your feelings of boredom."

~Wordsworth Psmith~

Having delivered Gallus and Smolder into the tender mercies of Prince Blueblood, Psmith stepped back to watch the show, finding himself next to the self-described Airship Captain.  "Comrade Blitz, clipper of the clouds!"  Psmith took his interlocutor's hoof with practiced grace and elegance.  "I am here in my capacity as His Royal Highness' personal secretary, though elsewhere I am known as a Canterbridge boarding school alumni, champion of the common artist, and many others.  One must suit one's role to the company."  He did not mention that he was the son and heir of one Baron Psmith.  Not that he had any lack of fondness for the old fellow, but his reputation was eccentric enough without bringing up a well-known noble lunatic into the conversation.

"But hark, I believe a show of more than common comic interest is about to unfold!"  He pulled Arctic back a little further, to talk privately.  "Behold, the pre-wedding complication, drunk and hungover students, in close proximity to the lord of Chaos himself!  One doesn't get a show like this on the stage often, and never for free!"  The unicorn grinned and tapped his muzzle.  For one who bore all the markings of a smooth criminal, he seemed to have no malicious interests beyond amusement.  In this respect, he was remarkably similar to Discord; one who conceded to order in dress and daily habit, but one no less fond of a little chaos surrounding his circumstances.

~Prince Blueblood~

The aforementioned scene unfolded, with Prince Blueblood holding Gallus's increasingly nervous gaze with an increasingly elevated eyebrow.  The papers handed over did nothing to lower either, it had to be said.  He looked back from the papers to the griffon, and his apparent accomplice/enabler dragon.  As it happened, his powers, in terms of the guard, only extended to recruiting Honor Guards from the regular ranks, over and above the wishes of their officers.  And Gallus was not at that level, as he was well ready to admit.  

As for whether he would make a good guard at all, however... "Fire, Dunnie, do you mind coming over here a minute?"  He gestured over to where the two of them were catching up.  "I want to get your opinion on this.  It seems the local recruiter thought my fine student here to be officer material.  I wouldn't dare gainsay his judgement, but I think Gallus feels the need for a second opinion."  It seemed his unstated desire for secrecy would not be respected, much to the delight of the observing secretary.

The chirp of a bird brought Blueblood's attention back to Fluttershy, upon whom the avian had alighted.  "Oh, right yes.  Well, if Daring Do wrote of cats whose size was only exceeded by their ego and appetite, I'd say yes.  But he's really a sweet boy once you get to know him.  Talk to my secretary about an appointment, my calendar's going to be a bit full for the next few weeks!"  He gave a little laugh.  "But if you don't wish to wait, I believe he's currently talking with the Mayor."  Knowing Fluttershy's reluctance to engage in crowds, and her, frankly, only tangential connection to him and his, he felt it only polite to offer an out to her.

~Spoiled Rich~

The Mayor smiled up at Niil, feeling herself in the presence of one with whom she could make common cause.  "For you, Mr. Niilavin, I will make an opening on my calendar.  Also, reserve a seat at the Wildlife control Committee.  You've already rendered this town great service by beating back the intruding megafauna, and I should be loath to neither acknowledge nor make future of such help.  It may be a little while, however, before we can make a medal in your size."   She even blushed at the sphinxes compliment, her expression as genuinely pleased as it ever got.  "And you like wise, I look forward to our next meeting!"

Spoiled was not a mare that bowed for many, but she did bow in respect to the paragon of order, before turning back around to re-enter the building.  The seat next to hers was occupied now, with a stranger to the town.  Or had they come in last Heartswarming?  She could not recall.  Looking over at Solar Flare, she asked.  "Are you here as a friend of the groom?  Or one of the brides?"

• Like 3
  • Hearthoof 2

USG3AI7.png?1

Fire Walker playfully stick out her tounge with a ‘bleh’.

Near the lowest level of Tartarus was a place reserved for the inventor of ‘instant coffee’. Under that poor soul would be the guy who came up with the powdered roasted-grain coffee substitute called Puttsum. Years ago, one of the Junior Officers at base decided he would switch the coffee for that nasty stuff. Thankfully, for his sake, he was a fast runner. Still, coffee needed a coffee-maker. It needed to slowly shift through a filter and become one with hot water. Or however coffee machines work. It was all magic.

The officer smiled at her old friend. "Yeah, makes me feel like I've been taking too long to set up my own wedding....", she sighed. Both she and Swift had been so busy as of lately. The pegasus pony was soon shaken free of her thoughts when Blueblood called her over.

"Yes, your royal highness.", she quickly made her way over to the stallion, while she made sure not to step on the odd little dragon-girl. He wanted her (and Dunnie) to judge an young griffon. Was he suitable to become an officer? There were no griffons in the R.E.A that she knew about. There were some who worked in support, like her good friend Zelda who was one of the blacksmiths. Considering Equestria was becoming a country of more than just ponies, it would be wise to let non-ponies in the guard. How was this bird?

The first thing she noticed was his bright blue color. Zelda had mentioned encountering such a young bird during her adventures in waiting in line for cider. She said he was a cute and very scruffy blue griffon. A little too young for her taste, but she mentioned he would be an utter Gever of a Griffon in a few years. Fire did not ask her what a 'gever' was. Was this the same griffon?

She gave the student a good checking out. "I don't see why he would not make a good officer.", she glanced at the young creature. "He just needs honesty, courage, self-control, decency, and conviction of purpose.", she knew this worked better when she was in uniform and not a pretty white dress. "Do you have those, son?", she glanced down at him with a look of utter seriousness.

RHDyRNK.png?1

As Smolder realized mixing red wine with vodka, a strange pony got just a little too close with her wings. "Wagh!", she growled, "I am a mighty dragon and I do not get si....oooh that's nice..Keep doing that. Whatever you're doing.", she liked having nice and soft wings on her. It was like being hugged by a pillow. Or cloud. Or a pillow cloud.

She could have stayed there all night, but one thing caught her ears. "Gallus? An officer of the Royal Equestrian Army?", she started to chuckle. Then she thought about it a little harder. Fluttershy's no-talent brother was in the guard, so they might have really low standards. Speaking of both no-talent and low standards,  he glared at Baron Comrade-Pants. She was not hungover. Not yet. Hopefully Discord would zap him.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Hearthoof 1

jq8lnM4e_o.png

"Triangles? Well I prefer obtuses, myself." He use his claw to pull aside a flap in his brown coat of feathery fur and bury his paw into the dimensional pocket before pulling out a small, green moose figurine. "Wait, that's not it." Where did he put that?

His grey ears would perk up as he looked over to Fluttershy at her question. It seemed the chimeric disaster had not told her nor even mentioned some of the new friends he has met, but it was not out of malice or some sort of cunning, conniving plan to  keep the world in a deceptive lull of ignorance. He opened his muzzle, the answer on the tip of his fang.

"It wasn't funny yet." Because crash course meetings, on the fly, were always funnier when they were -- BAM

As if  punctuating his gag with an interrobang, the hapless wizard of olde was met with a facefull of unicorn as he was bamboozled in a blur of excitement and sent rolling several feet from his current location, tumbling as various objects fell from his person. Some guava juice ended up landed beside Wordsworth with a tiny green umbrella, the pink juice quite refreshing. A giant snake found itself bouncing out of the discordant mayhem bringer before it slithered under Fluttershy to hide. A rubber goose found its way onto the back of Fire Walker, with a large order of hay fries landing in the convenient claws of Smolder, and a chocolate shake perfectly perched on Gallus' beak. 

"Oh, hello Bevel!" He motioned his tail's tuft to Fluttershy. "This is my date, Fluttershy, Fluttershy this is Bevel, she makes super fighting robots." With a poof and pop Discord would vanish and reappear with a roller brush, combing down his fur, freeing his fathers of the springy coils of mane that snowed from Bevel in the discombobulating collision. Oh, and a metal spring from one of her toolkits. "Yes well, in the case of Dunnie I was actually going to introduce you  later, but sooner arrived. She helped me resolve a booky issue back at Friendship Castle." But considering Twilight's collection it was rather a given situation to have. "And I am not old, I am mature." He puffed his chest floof, sitting up straight! "Like a fine cheese!"

• Like 5
  • Hearthoof 1

Tiger arched an eyebrow at the mention of Rose’s shop, but before he could ask any more, she left him alone on the roof. He didn’t even know where to start looking for that shop of hers, but maybe he’d keep an eye out the next time he was wandering Ponyville. For now, with Rose gone and Nil not back yet, he kept watch on the surrounding area, whistling a tune to himself. 

———————

Solar Flare had not really been paying attention, so the sudden appearance, to her, of another pony next to her made her jump slightly. Seeing it was just a unicorn, and a mare judging by the voice, speaking to her, she gave a friendly smile. 

“The groom. I am a coworker from the Friendship School, I work as the school nurse there, healing what ails the students’ bodies.” She responded, nodding a bit. “My name is Solar Flare, who are you, Miss?”

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1