Hearts and Hooves Day: A Royal Wedding! (Open, Mini-Event)

Blueblood

(OOC: Just a short little post to bump this thread and keep it moving!)

~Wordsworth Psmith~

The dapper unicorn deftly caught the glass of juice in his magic, noting appreciatively the art-deco design of the martini glass and garnish.  He raised it in a toast to the Chaos noodle, a classy gesture when done silently.  But, being himself, Psmith could not let the moment slide.  "One legend to another, comrade Discord!  Let us bring in this tripartite union of souls with a ceremony fitting to its singular nature!"  Never let it be said that Psmith's ego was undersized, either.  Calm though his voice was, he could out-boast a boisterous Caribou through calm implication alone!

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

Swift Squall:

"Riddles are supposed to follow logic of some kind. And have singular answer." noblpony said with a deadpan tone when draconequus mused about his experiences with desert feline-hybrids. "The last sphinx I met, I was forced to decollate. Which reminds me Blue...." Swift started, but was forced to tend to Discord's apparently wounded pride, of noblepony underestimating his nerdiness.

"Wait, no Discord! I meant latest world expansions and adventure bo...oh forget it." Swift decided to drop it. Stallion was ready to address Blue once again, but wild Dunnie appeared! Swordpony was forced to close necklace case shut before the pegasus could take a peek inside. Figured that Prince could give them to his brides as a present.

"Yes, we are here Dunnie. Tartarus for us, if we could allowed ourselves to miss this." stallion said "And besides...we learning a lot for...you know." Swift added, before moving slightly aside to make space for Fire-Pressy hug, and a moment for them to catch up.

This allowed him in turn, a few moments with Blu...oh, isn't it Bevel?

As an inventor, Squall has much respect for the brown mare. That said, he wished she stopped being freelancer and that he would get permanent contract with his TEMPEST Corporation. Something that he noted was more and more probable, as he hired her fore more and more ambitious projects. Bevel struck him as a mare that treated near-impossible tasks as a challenge for her intellect, and that she was bored with more mundane jobs. She probably also liked that his near limitless resources allowed her to wrestle with them without interruptions.

"Bonjour Miss Bevel. That's good to hear, but I afraid we aren't ready just yet. Both Sparkle and the Military has to be convinced. Can I ask you for your presence during the meeting with them? I don't want for our hard work to be shelved. And also......did you consider taking reins of development for other parts of CAMELOT?" he asked, using a project codename.

"Three Ponies, one wedding Miss Fluttershy. Revival of some ancient herding traditions. Royalty privileges or something, and I am sure today will serve as a precedent." he clarified to the yellow pegasus, before leaning towards the Prince.

"I heard you had Cadance on-board when pushing for this Blue." Squall recalled. Perhaps pink Princess was less stiff then noblepony thought? The talk shifted back into topic of 'sphinxes and it Swift felt it was a best moment to step in.

"....Hate to break your bubble Blue..." he started "...But he's anything but 'Sweet Boy'. He might behave like this around you and your acquaintance, but If you want to know what somepony is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals or superiors. Celestia travelled in disguise often, for a reason." Swift pointed out, as gently as he could. "When I landed after my 'chute jump he was a d%$&......correction - arrogant, cultural posturing d%$&. He did his job, and did it splendidly, but ONLY because you ordered him so. I could sense...enmity" Squall said and his glance shifted to the sword that was strapped to his back. "...And before you ask, it's a warrior thing. You don't last on the field of battle without being able to sense a killing intent. That...Nilaavin was it? Well that sphinx of yours deep down wished your orders would be loose enough that he would be able to keep in line those that didn't behaved along with his views of acceptable social norms. Painfully." Swift explained. "You don't see this Blue, because you lack inner....roughness. If you want to test my words, ask him about guests, mention we are related and see his reaction. But remember, sphinxes are known for their poker faces." noblepony advised.

"...That said....you shouldn't speak about him like that. I know that his kind is endangered or something, but he's not stock animal. Are your sure you should speak about this behind his back? Without considering if he was ever interested? He is sentient being you know. If he is to change, showing that you consider his feeling and opinions would be first step." Swift said before sighting. "I am sorry. I am doing this thing again - acting as if I am smartest and most well informed being in the room. But what i said still stands. And if any two ponies could change haughty sphinx I believe it's you two - Blue, Lady Fluttershy. Just don't forget that edges...and claws are there."

Despite not being asked, Squall sharp hearing allowed noblepony to eavesdrop on Blue's student situation. As such he closed in along the two mares, uninvited. And after Fire gave her evaluation, he put his hoof on her back and shook his head.

"If he fits in is not a point Dear. The kid had poured few glasses too many into himself when he signed this and...." Swift levitated the set of papers from Blueblood's grasp and gave them look-over himself.

"Neither side was sober when they signed this." she said quietly to the two Fire and Dunnie "The way I see this, there is nothing to discuss. The contract was made under influence, one side is still a minor that didn't even finished education, and recruiter will get a boot for drinking on duty and not performing background check. REA and Royal Guard certainly aren't that desperate to enlist teenagers these days and ruin their future? And if somepony says otherwise...." Squall sight shifted from two mares to young griffon, who he now addressed.

"Relax kid, you going to be fine. If somepony start making noise I can sic so many lawyers to rip at them, that they going to cry 'UNCLE' soon enough." Swift explained as he gifted Gallus his business card. "The only question is, do you want to enlist into Army or not, Youngster?" he asked.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

'Jade Beaker':

"Wingapore is melting pot for all sorts of nationalities and what they bring with them, Berry Dear. Understand that the locals of the island that houses the city now had very little in term of...culture, and most important of all - traditions. Instead of building from scratch, we took ALL OF THEM....with a twist of course. Walking the streets, you will find small temple of Odyr, right next to Shire of Harmonious Path. Maretonian Restaurant next to Aquelian Steak House...Quite like Manehattan but up to eleven. This includes the attitude towards...carnal pleasures...And Wingapore is most lax place regarding that in the world." Jade said while stretching her legs, and adjusting her glasses. "The other advantage of Wingapore, is that you can acquire anything there.....provided you have right amount of money - if you know what I mean. City states always invite criminal underworld Berry Dear. But worry not, they don't care about you, provided you don't care about them....unless you want to do business that is." 'Jade' added.

"In short, my home is great place for vacation...but don't bring you daughter there...at least until she is of age." she summed up, before listening to Berry for a change.

"I take that current Mayor is...divisive choice? Does she has any accomplishment already, aside from showing how IMPORTANT she is?" bespectacled mare asked.

At the same time, 'Jade' observed this 'Rose' mare with a corner of her eye. She seemed to leave 'Beaker' alone, and unicorn mare was fine with that. However the soul of this 'Rose' smelled familiar. 'Beaker' couldn't quite pin it down....it was like s steak from the same animal one ate from the past...but with entirely different fixings and seasoning....

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

"You don't smell like an aged cheese, maybe you're more aged like wine!" She said to Discord after hearing his refutation. What she would do for a glass of wine...

Dunnie smiled as the tiny dragon enjoyed her spot under her wings. The appendages were indeed fluffy and warm, perfect as a pillow or a blanket. "Yes, yes." She soothed the once grumpy dragon with some light petting with a wing. "Ferocious dragon you are! Even I would have feared you on the battlefield." Dunnie humored the orange creature until she was beckoned forth by Blueblood. "Enjoy the wedding!" She said with a smile to the dragon before trotting off to meet her stallion and Fire.

Brown eyes scrutinized the parchment as Fire gave the griffon a light grilling on the tenants of the REA. She blinked and read the blue griffon's signature over and over again, "Well, you should work on your penmanship. You won't get very far in becoming an officer if your writing is this illegible." She stated. "Oh, and a letter of recommendation will help with becoming an officer." She gave Fire a wink. Though, Dunnie hadn't become an officer with Fire's help but it was probably still true! "Who, knows, maybe by attending the School of Friendship you could get a few extra ranks."

When Squall approached she was just about to tell him this was an internal affair, but he dropped some facts onto Dunnie's ears. "WHAT?!" Her ears stood up and wings pompfed out, almost striking those next to her. "Drinking? A griffon kid?" She frowned as she snatched up the recruitment papers. She read the recruiter's signature again, "Very well." She closed her eyes, "By my decree as princess, I will have this recruiter reprimanded and demoted. Upward mobility within the REA's ranks to be severely limited." She punctuated her point with an outstretched leg. She didn't actually know if she had the power for this, but she would try!

• Like 3

This wedding only got better and better. Her favorite mischievous spirit was here, her invention was still working for Dunnie, and they had coffee! Instant coffee, but coffee nonetheless. "Oh I'm sure he's not bothered by it! It was an appropriately chaotic greeting!" She said with a cheery smile before the noodle popped out of existence and then back into it, "Maybe I was mistaken though." Then she fell to ground on her plot, gravity reasserting itself on her person. It was then that she noticed something strange: someone spoke to her! That in and of itself wasn't new. She'd been spoken to many a time before, but not often by someone she couldn't see. The inventor tilted her head and shook it about before clearing her throat and looking to Discord as his tail pointed to his date.  

She had heard many a thing about Fluttershy. Most of those things came from the mouth of her date of the evening. Discord spoke often about her and of all the animals she took such good care of. Animals were never Bevels field of expertise, or even a notable interest, but it was still fascinating to hear how the mare managed to curtail even bears and the like. The inventor bowed her head with a peppy grin, "Enchante, Mademoiselle Fluttershy! Discord has spoken very highly of you... and I do much more than make Fighting Robots. In fact, that is only a recent project."

Bevel was an eccentric mare prone to getting lost in her own little world,  so she missed the entrance of a rather fabulous looking pony. She looked searchingly at the mare a moment, "Are you a ventroliquist? That was very impressive... and did you say you had a proposition? I'm always looking for new projects, what do you have in mind?"

At Squall's question, Bevel gave a simple nod. She was getting so busy lately... fortunately she had an idea that would let her substantially increase her workload later, but that will require a lot of paperwork and permissions to a certain site near Ponyville. "Monsiuer Squall, I'm not ready to take the reins just yet, but I shall be soon!"

[For the time Being Presteza will fade into the background unless called on.]

• Like 4
  • Hearthoof 1

81KtqmA.png

Gallus shook his head. Were these ponies crazy? Were all ponies crazy? That had been his experience so far and today was not changing that one iota. What he had wanted was for Blueblood to just go ahead and tear that piece of paper up. What he wanted was for this to be quick, clean and then over. Instead, another pony had to get involved all while Smolder and her growing more inebriated self made her little commentary and snickers and uggghhhh. Why was life so patently unfair? He had been born in Griffonstone. Wasn't that enough of a kick in the teeth or was the universe aligned precisely to screw him time and time again? 

This other pony, the red pegasus mare with the demeanor of a guard and the body of poster-pegasus for the military, asked him if he had a list of qualities. He had never failed a test in Equestria and he wasn't about to start now. "Me? Please I-" he said before he felt prickles on the back of his neck. He turned and saw Smolder. Oh damnit. If he said what he was going to say- that he was honestly a rotten coward with no decency or self-control- then Smolder would die from joy. She could spread that everywhere and some small quirk in the back of his feathers would stop him from lying about it. Great, his own crushed self-esteem had forced him into an eternal loop. He couldn't lie about what he wanted to say because the truth was sweet when it was unintentional fuel to fires of self-flagellation that a kitten who didn't think he was worth much had inside of him, yet he was too weak and cowardly inside to take even the kind-hearted abuse of a friend over it. 

He was being punished no matter what. He felt there was a lesson here about moderation and keeping a cool head but he wasn't learning it, not today. "I...listen, I have all those qualities and then some but I'm too young and I shouldn't have been drinking and come on, signing somegriff up while they're barely coherent seems like it isn't right," he said as nodded his head to emphasize the words. As he did, a shake appeared. On his beak. He didn't have time to wonder why it happened as he tried to stop it from falling, repositioning himself under the treat as if it were a game while another stallion he had never met defended him and gave him some sort of business card. It also helped shut him up, which he was sure others appreciated. And one of the Herders was here- wait, wasn't Dunnie supposed to be away from the groom?- and commented on his penmanship. He wanted to bristle in defense, but chocolate shake. He was a fan of her deciding to use authority she probably didn't have I(at least yet) to cancel the whole thing. He snapped his talons in approval, pointing at her in excitement.

• Like 4
  • Hearthoof 1

Tempest did not seem shaken or all too moved by the power of Star's shake, in fact he shaked back pushing in to the hoof with some force of her own. “I was rather upset I did not have a go at you, my mood was rather spoiled after my last target got away and a tussle with you may have been a wonderful event to relax me. But it is what it is. I’d love to toss you down in some mud, so long as I offer to take it gently on my belly. Got hurt, not going to lit it slow me down but don’t want you having some easy win with a blow to my gutt. Will do the same with you to keep it fair.” She offered with a happy grin, more than willing to have a go with this mare in the mud. It sounded fun! Shame Glitter was not here, she may enjoy watching two big strong mare rolling about in the muck. She then looked over at Sky Crack with a bigger grin. “You got to join. Three is more fun than two after all. Put on a real show for this wedding.”

~~~~~~~~~~

Nil held a paw to his chest in shock as he smiled. “Oh, you charm me so! Thank you Mis Spoiled. You have lit my heart with new found hope for this town. May this wedding treat you well and if you do see rising troubles just call for me. I shall see it fixed.” With that he bowed to meet her own, not something he did often but for her… He will bow to a pony with the fire he saw in her eyes. She was a sphinx at heart, he can feel it. And something like that was worth tossing some more kindling on. As she departed he followed to the door and took a seat next to it, eyeing up every pony passing him to join the wedding.

• Like 4
  • Hearthoof 1

It took a moment, but somepony finally acknowledged her presence. She was pleasantly surprised to find that they shared a similar interest- that being medicine- and smiled brightly at the blind mare. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Ms. Flare. I'm Rose Compass, and no," She snorted a chuckle as Bevel threw in her two cents. "I'm not a ventriloquist, although I may have applicable skills." Depending on your definition of 'pulling strings'.

"I'm the local alchemist and apothecary. As for my proposition..." She paused, and looked between the two. She had had some vague plan before, but a new one was brewing in her head now. "Miss Flare, may I ask how long you have had your ophthalmic condition? And have you ever considered... improving it?" Alchemy can do wonders on its own- literal miracles- but alchemy plus technology? That sounds like a perfect combination to her.

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

~~Berry Punch~~

Berry listened, keenly interested in Jade's recounting of places far away.  Wingapore sounded like an absolutely fascinating place, both exotic and cosmopolitan, but... yeah.  Definitely not the sort of place to take little Pinchy!  "Sounds exciting, though you'll forgive me for not wanting to book a ticket right away."  She gave a wry smile at that, before frowning.  "But are you seriously telling me that they don't have so much as a specialty cocktail of their own?  I know a place by its drinks; countrysides have beer and wine, but cities have cocktails by which you can judge their character."

Her question about the mayor actually did make Berry pause to think for a moment.  "I... can't say I can point to anything she lead, but there's not really any development in this town that she hasn't played some part in, for better or for worse.  Besides the former mayor, nopony knows all the city ordinances or revenue streams better.  She also was de facto head of the Ponyville Chamber of Commerce for years, without which I couldn't have gotten my wholesale ingredients at anything like a reasonable price."  She shrugged.  "So, I'm not expecting anything spectacular, just more of the same.  But that's much better than I could have expected before I moved here."

~~Spoiled Rich~~

Re-entering the grand hall, Mayor Rich was feeling more than usually pleased with herself.  To be so well thought of by so majestic a creature as a sphinx (never mind that up until yesterday she'd have been perfectly happy to call them monsters; amazing what actually meeting one will do), well!  That would buck you right up and no mistake.  She felt herself re-invigorated, her agenda for this town given a blessing, and she felt herself more than worthy to the task.

Thus, the wedding.  While celebrations for some, it was business for her.  Being so close to the capital, it would be worth her while to forge a working relationship between the Ponyville Town Hall and the Canterlot Nobility.  And what should her eyes light upon, but a lone noble open to be buttonholed?  She recognized the painter, long nights spent memorizing the illustrated peerage serving Spoiled well.  "Good Day, Miss Presteza."  She approached, opting for offering a hoofshake rather than a bow.  A bold move, she knew, but her glad-hoofing skills were signaling that she wasn't a mare given to putting on noble airs, and Spoiled had no wish to disaccomodate what could be a good working relationship.

~~Prince Blueblood~~

While Prince Blueblood would call Swift Squall a friend, that didn't mean that he was in any way blind to that pony's weaknesses of character.  The green unicorn was no diplomat.  In fact, Blue might well as classify him as an anti-diplomat, a liability to any embassy.  That didn't mean the stallion wasn't without other good qualities that more than compensated for his blind spots, of course.  It just meant that Blueblood, consummate diplomat, felt perfectly free to lean on the privilege of friendship, and rag on Swift whenever he felt the other stallion deserved it.

"Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but the servants have had nothing but good words to say for Niilavin, even in strict confidentiality.  Thus, I feel perfectly confident in saying that that he just had a problem with you."  He gave Swift a smile with just a soupcon of condescension as he patted his friend on the shoulder.  "Let's face it, he wouldn't have been the first."  The Prince laughed.  "And I know of his lethality, it's rather a bonus when one is traveling in dangerous places, as I was just a few months ago, as a matter of fact.  And he doesn't mind being talked of frankly; he's quite well aware of his situation, and it may well be his ancient manners, but he's hardly hung up on such stuff.  His situation is as such that gussying up the language won't make it any better, and he knows it."

His tone had stayed easy and playful throughout, though that would change as he had to consider the situation of the griffon set before him.  Squall's interjections aside, it really did seem that Gallus was not sound in mind and body when testifying to his enlistment, though the recruiter's penmanship seemed sober enough.  Not that the Princess' Bit wasn't an ancient tradition of recruitment, which rather cast doubt on the actual prospects of a lawsuit to rescind the enlistment, given precedent.  If the appeals went all the way to royalty, however...

He smiled at Dunnie, for the first time in her life, exercising Royal Privilege.  He even pulled her in for a quick hug at that, she was just so cute when putting on elegant airs!  "Ah, were it that simple!  Unfortunately, the Authority of my House doesn't extend to nullifying enlistments.  Princess Twilight is the Commander in Chief, so such things would ultimately have to go through her.  But, given that she should be here pretty soon, I don't see why things couldn't be resolved today, in any case."  It was clear enough that Gallus drunk wasn't agreeing with Gallus sober about the desirability of military life, but... was there something more there?  It wouldn't hurt to ask. 

"Gallus, suppose you were old enough, and sober.  What would you want for your future?  I may not have much influence in the military, but I have quite a bit of pull in the Diplomatic service, and other various places in and out of Equestria.  Or were you thinking of returning home?"  He grinned, leaning in to whisper.  "Have your eye on a special someone yourself?"

• Like 6
  • Hearthoof 1

“Improving it? What do you mean by that? And I am not sure fixing it would be helpful in the end, as I have developed ways to see more than eyes can by themselves. Plus, I would have to relearn what everything was.” Solar Flare hummed to herself, looking closer at Rose. She thought the other mare was a unicorn at first, but now it seemed like there might be something more there. Similar to a changeling in disguise, really. “As for how long, as long as I can remember.”

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

My my. Perhaps she has a new focus after all? Upon closer inspection, she noticed that there was something... Unique about the eyes of this mare, going beyond the surface. Igniting her horn, she condensed her magic into a rough sphere and slowly waved it before the mare's face, studying her reaction closely.

"Understandable. Perhaps, then, another avenue of interest: your eyes. I'm very curious how this condition of yours works. If my mypothesis is correct... " She paused, thinking. Her mind whirled with all the applications of magic sight. If she could replicate the affects through alchemy or magi-tech, she could theoretically cure conventional blindness! From there it'd be a simple matter of improving the formula and rectifying errors in the original design.

Oooh she really wanted to share her thoughts with Twilight, get some constructive feedback! 

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 1

vSELK1i.png?1

Fire Walker was amused at her new gift, “I’m going to keep this if you don’t mind.”, she pushed on the faux-goose and it made an pleasing, “WAAAGH!” sound. The adult mare could not be even more pleased than she was at the moment. She named her new friend, ‘Goose-tave’. qThe red mare enjoyed her brief moments of affection from both her good friend Dunnie, and her hubby to be. She gave Goose-tave another push, an he responded with another “WAAAGH!”.

The mare’s mile faded as Swift got into his dramatics and when got further into the drama with the griffon-boy she sighed, “But my Grace asked me if he was suitable to be an officer, and I asked the boy the standard questions. That signature would never stand alone, even if he were properly sober as he is underage and would require a signature from a parent or guardian.”, Fire pointed out.

The mare was the very least pony on this planet to lecture any creature about drinking. The pony gods would rightfully strike her down if she even thought about even having the desire to pull out a chair, turn it around and sit on it backwards while feeling the desire to ‘rap with this youngster’. She was a terrible role-model for such a thing. Still, she did feel bad for the cute griffon who appeared to be very stressed out over this situation.

“Good, if you ever desire to join the R.E.A. at the time you see fit, please visit your local recruiter.”, Fire sounded like a proper officer. “And if you wish, tomorrow morning, I will send a letter to the head recruiter and made sure your invalidated paper is rejected.  And for now, why don’t you go hang around with your cute little dragon friend over there. She looks a little lonely.”

And she was really going to town with those fries. Good gravy.

zAiNLGn.jpg

“Huh. Thanks.”. the young dragon liked fries, but preferred the potato variety over the more pony friendly and rather dry ‘hay’ version. But free fries beat no fries. She started to nimble on the horsey-treat while others chattered on, and some crazy pony played with her toy goose. And poor Gallus. He sounded rather scared and she needed to help her cute lil’ pal. She made her way at her friend’s side. “Good idea, your majesty. Let’s go..”, she whispered to Gallus with a wink. “We can swipe some cake on the way out.”

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Hearthoof 1

81KtqmA.png

Gallus didn't understand why any of this had to be anywhere near as hard as it was becoming. Why there needed to be all these questions and complications complicating a question whose only answer was an underaged, drunk foreigner being volun-cruited to join a military he only knew existed in passing. He appreciated that one stallion who tried to give him legal advice. At least he appeared to be on his side! And one of the soon-to-be-wedded joined in, exercising power that was not hers to exercise. Again, on his side. But arrayed against him was real, actual authority. And they weren't technically arrayed against him as much as they were harbingers of a dark reality that he was completely boned, if not in the long run then in his hope that the business of the day would be concluded hassle free. Did he have to go to Twilight to get this solved?

The Arch-Chancellor then asked Gallus even more questions and he wanted to die. He gingerly took the shake off of his beak to prevent it from falling off and sighed. "I haven't really given that stuff any thought," he admitted privately, "though not back home. Griffonstone is a pit," he responded negatively as other voices filtered in. And At least Fire Stalker or whatever her name was pointed out that it wasn't binding without a guardian there. And it was hard enough getting Grandpa Gruff when everycreature involved was happy about the decision. This was a flap or six too far, so he was almost relieved. Almost, because then he caught the back-end of the Chancellor's continued questioning. Wait, what? He was so caught off-guard he was almost inclined to answer truthfully out of momentary shock. "I mean, yes I do but-" he began sheepishly before another voice, a friendly one that offered the theft of cake. "S-sure," he said haltingly as the dragon and the griffon made a break as best they could from the entanglements around them, shake in claw.

• Like 3
  • Hearthoof 1

~~Star Crusader~~

Was there any hint of suspicion in Star's eyes at the mention of a gut injury by Tempest?  The impassive mare's face rarely gave so much away.  In either case, she was amenable to the condition.  "It will be a friendly spar, for sport and for show, so I have no objections."  Not that the reciprocation meant much; her muscle-bound abdominals were almost armor in and of themselves.  Temmy might bruise Star's solar plexus, but she'd as likely get a sprained wrist for her troubles.

She looked over towards Sky Crack to see if she was willing to take up Temmy's offer to make it a three-for-all, but it seemed the Acroneighos mare was not inclined to reply.  "Mhm, if that is all, I should return to my herd.  There seems to be some kind of commotion that they are dealing with."

~~Prince Blueblood~~

“WAAAGH!”  "GAH!"

The sudden honk of Fire's goose nearly caused the Prince to jump out of his skin.  He never liked sudden noises like that, and he had a particular antipathy towards geese.  Nasty, brutish creatures that made the most barbaric of Caribou Vikings look like a respectable Ponyvillian in comparison!

Once he smoothed his mane back in place and recovered what was left of his dignity, he turned back to Gallus.  It seemed the issue with his dubiously voluntary REA recruitment was taken care of, and there was little desire in the bluebird to fly home.  But a desire for anyone else, though, that was the ticket!  The newly wedded and those about to be could not help but play matchmaker.  "In which case, Gallus," He leaned in to whisper, "I would suggest not wasting time in making your move.  You will not be young forever."  That was about as far as he got before Smolder pulled him away.

"Well!"  Said Blueblood to the remaining party, "That was certainly something.  Have all the guests found their seats?  We should probably get this ceremony back on track sometime today, eh Dunnie?"

• Like 4
  • Hearthoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dunnie gave Gallus a hoof wave of approval, mutual understanding that this was indeed a messy situation and definitely not Gallus's fault. The little blue birb wasn't interested in joining, and that's all that mattered to her.

When Blueblood pulled her in for a hug, she smiled to him and returned the hug with a wing and a soft nuzzle against his white neck. Though, when he explained that she had no princess power in the matter, she looked horrified. Now only was her ego bruised, but her perfectly good royal decree was all for nothing. And it sounded perfectly regal when she said it too! Though, of course, she would not be stopped. She pulled her husband-to-be closer and leaned close to his ear. "Don't say that, they might not know. Especially that recruiter." She gave him a soft poke with a wing to punctuate her point.

With the sudden WAGGH! scaring her beloved, she immediately took up a protective position in front of him. Though, was immediately disarmed by the dead but still very cute eyes of the little honking goose. "Oh! So cute!" She reached a wing out to give it a poke on the beak. Then gave it a soft squeeze on the stomach, letting out a softer, more drawn out  Waaaaggghh. And as she was distracted with the fake goose, Fire took care of the situation. She couldn't think of a better mare to have at one's side. Not only in a scrap, but also when dealing with the arguably more frightening bureaucracy.

"Make sure to say in the letter that Princess Dunnie decreed it as well, Fire." She interjected, excitement in her voice. "And then all the other stuff I said." She stopped harassing the rubber goose. For a fleeting moment, she wished for a green moose. Strange thought.

She returned to Blueblood's side, nuzzling up against him again and pressing against his side with her body. "Oh! Yes. Wedding..." Her eyes went wide and her head swept left and right quickly, "Is Princess Twilight here to officiate?" She hadn't seen the purple alicorn anywhere.

As Gallus left, Dunnie watched him slide off with minimal trouble with his steps. "What a strange griffon." She said, then looked to the equally hazy Smoulder who was destroying those fries. "Well, birds of a feather and all of that fancy stuff. I suppose not very different from us when we were about their age, aye?" Amusement in her observation. She then pulled Fire and Bluey both close with a wing, her cheeks smooshed between her crimson comrade and her stallion.

• Like 3

@PrinceBlueblood @Pretzelparty @Ciraxis @RexDraco @Dusty

When Blueblood had encouraged Fluttershy to meet with the sphinx who was over by the mayor, she perked up and around to see how soon she might attend this kind of meeting. If for no other reason than that she was beginning to feel encroached by the many wedding guests that mingled around her, wanting to compliment her on her dress, and reacting to what her date was currently entertaining. Upon a Discord-related magical explosion in which Fluttershy was not paying close attention to, several items appeared from seemingly no where, and a snake appeared under Fluttershy seeking shelter. She accepted the snake's desire to stay with her until the snake was feeling confident enough to return to the garden to resume its busy evening searching for food scraps and for other unsuspecting creatures, rodents perhaps, who were also looking for food scraps.

Before Fluttershy could resume her short trek in finding out where the mayor was, Discord introduced her to Bevel. She immediately began wearing a greeting face. "Oh, nice to meet you." She flinched at the explanation. "Robots?" When Bevel expressed that robots was only a recent project, Fluttershy nodded courteously. "That's neat. Hey, um, excuse me, I need to meet with somepony really quick."

Fluttershy turned and looked at the sea of guests, carefully nudging through them in order to not disturb their cheerful conversations. Suddenly, she was ambushed by a jade colored unicorn who had remarks to say about the three way wedding, but then also went into detail about his thoughts on the sphinx he heard mentioned, and spoke to her and Blueblood openly. He did not mince words, which was fine, but Fluttershy kept feeling like she was roped into listening to him. Every time she wanted to softly step away, she felt she was being talked to and stayed in her position.

Blueblood now conversing with the green pony, gave her a better out to escape the conversation and go to the sphinx herself to see what the fuss was about. She felt like she was the only one at the event who was ignorant of the creature. And why did it seem like everypony was suggesting the creature had as much agency as a pony? Fluttershy always did that herself, but she had only considered Blueblood was mentioning the sphinx as if it was a pet. But it seemed much more than that.

Seeing where the mayor had walked from, Fluttershy approached the entrance to the castle, where many were entering to attend the wedding. She looked around for the sphinx but couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. After a short pause at the castle gates, she slowly backed up to turn around and ran into a soft furry surface. When she turned around, she realized it was the large thigh of the brown-pelted sphinx, who towered over her and everypony around. She was not easily frightened by large creatures, but having not expecting his size she reacted shocked and momentarily scared. How she missed seeing this creature upon arrival to the wedding was beyond her. She must had been so nervous about attending this event that didn't even notice the large sphinx serving as a bouncer to this very special occasion.

Nn6QN0Q.png

• Like 4
  • Hearthoof 1

Nilaavin felt the bump and looked down at the pony. Yellow, pink and looked spooked out of her mind? Ah yes, flutter something. One of the heroes of this land or some such thing. Hard to not learn about them in passing, most of all living in the town they call home. Why the heroes of this land lived in this poor town he had no clue. But then he lived here as well now… Smiling at the ‘hero’ of this land he spoke a few short words in his native tongue, a small greeting in words older than every town in this land. Soon followed with words she can understand. “Do not whimper in fear, do not hide like the foal so scorned. I mean you no harm and sit here as guardian of this event so wonderful.” He says in a soft tone, not wishing to spook her more. In truth he did not care if she was scared of him. But for the sake of PR he can’t go about spooking the heroes of this land. He’d never hear the end of it from Blue. “Take ease, champion of harmony, I am Nilaavin. You are… Shy…” He trails off, oh what WAS her name? Shy something? Butter Shy? Stutter Shy? Why did they all have such insane names? 

~~~~~~~~~~

Tempest nodded her head and gave the brick wall for a mare a playful jab to the shoulder. “Very well, best make ready. Even with the added condition I will not go easy on you.” With that she took her seat and smiled, much more happy with events. A good spare was just what she needed as of late.

• Like 4

---Presteza---

It was only beginning to dawn on the painter just how long it truly had been since she'd been in such a large crowd of ponies. So many talking and sharing stories, yet she couldn't help but feel she came up short on conversational topics.  It didn't help that she didn't have a plus one to save her from any awkward situations... If only Java were here. The painter was jarred from her thoughts when she noticed a mare approaching her. She seemed the sort of mare that she'd run across many a time in her foal hood in some way: a natural born socialite. Presteza's foalhood was full of galas and social functions where she had to wear fancy clothes and be shown off to her mother's friends. At this point in her life though, Presteza had learned not to judge a book by their cover. 

The hat wearing unicorn crackked a smile and shook, "Good Day, you're... " Presteza wracked her brain a moment before she was able to place the face, "Oh! You're Spoiled Rich. I've seen you in a few magazines with your husband." She wasn't going to mention it, but what served as Spoiled's most identifying trait for this painter was her muzzle. Presteza had a soft spot for unique individuals and ponies with interesting faces. 

"It's good to meet you."

---Bevel Gear---

A big grin spread across Bevel's muzzle once she heard Rose's occupation. Alchemy was an incredible field, back where she was studying she'd hoped to take more time looking into that but her skills had lied in magitechnical engineering.  The tone in this new pony's voice was starting to light an inspiration fire in the prench unicorns belly, "I think I hear some promise in your voice, Mademoiselle Compass. Care to elaborate?"

• Like 4
  • Hearthoof 1

Looking between the mechanic and the medic, she slowly nodded. A plan was coming together, pieces clicking into place. "Miss Bevel, if you could replicate the effects of Miss Flare's unique vision, how, precisely, would you go about this operation?"

Finally pulling her attention away from the promising pony, she cast a small smile Bevel's way, an energy positively radiating off of her. "After all, I do beleive quite a few ponies could benefit from her form of 'sight'. Blind ponies especially."

• Like 4
  • Hearthoof 1

~~Star Crusader~~

The jab to the shoulder may as well have been Tempest tapping a boulder with her hoof, but Star took it in good humor.  "Then it's a date.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to make my herd official.  See you later."  And with a bow to both Temmy and Sky Crack, Star Crusader turned to go towards the front.

~~Spoiled Rich~~

The older mare was quite glad to see that investment of time into the magazine photoshoot had paid off.  It had been a particularly trying episode... more for the photographer than for her, admittedly, but that's what he was paid to deal with.  "You're quite correct.  What is more to the point these days, I am now also the Mayor of this fine town.  I know I cannot be the first to say this, but Welcome to Ponyville."  Spoiled's unique muzzle was wearing its most pleasant smile, as it did when she conversed with those she considered social equals.  There weren't many of those around this town, though considerably more since Prince Blueblood had become Archancellor of the School of Friendship.  His admission policy seemed to be focused on bringing in high-status foreign students, and this seemed like very sound policy to her.

"You are a friend of the groom, or one of the brides?"  She inquired.  "I can't say I know either of them all that well personally, but I could hardly refuse an invitation to a Royal Wedding they so graciously allowed this town to host."  She lowered her voice.  "While I'm happy for the... three of them, I do hope that Filthy isn't going to be getting any ideas from this."

~Prince Blueblood~

The Prince was glad to see Fluttershy taking advantage of the opportunity to escape the crowds.  She and Niilavin should get along quite well.  Hopefully.  Better than with Swift Squall, at least.

But Flutters was not the most salient pegasus mare to Blueblood today.  That spot was held by two, one of which had her wing around him with active nuzzling.  "She should be."  Blueblood answered as regarded Princess Twilight, unable to keep a note of impatience out of his voice.  Darn it, he wanted to be married already!  Taking one last look over towards Smolder and Gallus, Blue shook his head.  "I wish I could say you weren't right.  I both miss those days and never want to go back to them.  Mostly because neither you nor Star were in them, at the time." OK, a bit cheesy, but Dunnie had never refused queso before, to his knowledge.

A shadow fell over the group as Star Crusader stood between them and the window.  "I believe most of the guests are in place, now only we remain."  She was smiling now, visibly, which was still an unfamiliar position for her face.  "Let us take our positions.  We have waited long enough, my loving herd."

*Look at her, taking charge already.*  Blueblood thought, as she escorted the pair of them away from Fire with a wing and shepherded them towards the front.  Already, the music of the organ was playing.   Was that Spike on the keys?  There weren't many ponies who could play an instrument like that.  Wandering thoughts, however, came home, now that he could see Star and Dunnie together in their dresses.  Reminders of how beautiful they both were, and how lucky a stallion he was, drove all other thoughts from his mind...

• Like 3
  • Hearthoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

large.png

She took a large swallow of her own saliva and made her mouth so dry, her squeaks from her voice sounded wheezy. But she quickly gathered composure once she realized the creature was reactionary and non-hostile. Her eyes grew large as she looked around Nilaavin curiously. "I've...    I've never seen a sphinx before. You're such a large creature, you must need a lot of food to keep that tummy satisfied." Fluttershy examined him like a piece of meat. A piece of meat she appreciated and found interesting like few others could at least, but she could not hold back her curiosity. "No wonder the Prince was so eager for me to see you. He didn't mention you were so large though. Are sphinxes usually this big?" Fluttershy piped down when she looked up at Nilaavin, who could only hide his intimidating-looking teeth from behind a wall. She lowered herself again. "Oh my gosh, sphinx isn't an offensive word is it. Would you rather be called something else?" Fluttershy through her fear did her best to hold her intuition on how to properly take care of creatures on an emotional level, sentient or not.

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Swift Squall:

"Dunnie...contain yourself."  Swift said gently in regards of his friends outburst., adjusting his shades. "First of, I don't think that your future authority extends that far, second...well it wouldn't be wise thing to do on the first day, even if it did..."  noblepony explained. "....You must remember, you have PR to consider now. Fire know better, Blue know better, I know better....but if you start throwing order as the 'Princess' before the ceremony even begun, how would media view you?" he asked, and second later immediately provided the answer. "Seeing that my Pop's is basically Press Baron I can tell you. They would smear you as a gold digger, seducing the Prince to get her hooves on noble title, wealth, power etc. And I bet diamonds against coconuts that jealous noblemares from Canterlot would do their best to only en-flame the issue. That wouldn't just hurt your reputation, it would hurt Blue's reputation. And PR is very valuable currency to him. He can't ride the 'Multiple Times Saviour of Equestria' wave like Sparkle does, or enjoy 'Long Reign' card like Celestia did." unicorn explained."I don't want to see you smeared by tabloids day after the wedding Dunnie. I could stop many, but not all of them." he said with worry.

"So please...allow Fire to deal with this through proper procedures alright? Today you should think about yourself and your...herdmates - Good Harmony that word feels so weird! - alright?"

"Right Dea...." Saqull turned to his love, up until now oblivious to gift she received....only to hear....

“WAAAGH!”

Which made swordstallion skitter to the nearest wall, and press himself flat against it, eyeing the rubber goose in Moto's grasp as if it was bomb. His shades were dropped in this mad dash, and irises shrunk in terror. After few seconds of pretending of being wall ornament, Squall visibly relaxed, after flash of realization appeared on his face. Noblepony allowed himself to exhale in relief as he spoke.

"O..Oh...it's fake. And goose not d-d-d-duck Definitely not d-duck. I though for a second...." he started, before cutting himself.

The next few minutes Squall pretended - and failed miserably - that the whole scene didn't happen. Discord must've had a field day with this.....

Unicorn distracted himself from the thoughts about this small incident, by turning towards conversation Bevel had with that shrink of a mare from before. Miss Gear expressed the readiness of taking whole project under her supervision, however....

"That's all and good, but unless Princess Sparkle approves, the whole work will be for naught. We will need to make an official presentations on firing ranges in Painted Pinto and on Crimsonrine Sea. I can't stress how important it will be to make a good impressions on Her Highness and Navy and REA top brass. As long and you fulfil your contractual obligation of being present during both demonstrations, I don't mind whatever side-projects you take in the meantime Miss Bevel." Squall said, both to reassure her, and reminding her that contract she was under came first. Miss Fluttrshy was listening to that conversation too and she was quite puzzled about how Discord introduced the inventor mare. Squall fought off his desire to tear out Gramps tongue and instead answered. "For now it's classified Miss Fluttershy. I am sure that in due time, and if you still will care about it, Sparkle will tell you all about it, when she gives it a good look-over herself." he explained, before giving Discord a look, that was in equal measure dirty and pleading.

But of course the royal who was star of today was not Twilight, but Blue. Squall initially wanted to further argue about the sphinx, and how his friends was way too trusting and arrogant....

But he reined himself in, recalling the meeting with ice during Heartwarming Eve. He called her out on the very same issues and it ended...well....deeply damaging his friendship with azure mare. As such noblepony swallowed his protests and instead let out something in-between sight and grumble.

"Fine....I just hope that you are right and I am wrong in this case. Just...be vigilant. And if you ever need help, any help, with this or otherwise...you have my hoof Blue...or at least, my ear." Swift offered. Count didn't knew what kind of advice he could give to Prince, but at least he could be confidant if Bluey wanted to get of something off his chest.

".....But please, stop interrogating the kid already? His day seemed enough of emotional roller-coaster as it is." Swift asked. Indeed, in that regard, unicorn stallion could empathize with Gallus.

After that Squall stepped back and looked around. he noticed the absence of Lady Fluttershy. Oh horseapples....was it him again?! It was him again, wasn't it?

"<Sigh>.......and I thought I got better with shy types..." he said to Fire as he carefully huddled to her (still wary of the goose plushie) "....I really need to speak with somepony that could teach me how to hoofle delicate ponies. I seem to scare them off almost all the time. Do I....frown too much?" he observed before making a question to his fiancee.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

'Jade Beaker':

"A shame. I assume you...don't really have anypony to leave her with?" 'Jade' asked carefully. When she was at Punch's place, she noticed distinct lack of stallion's on family pictures. It was always Berry, Pinchy, and - on some of them - a pair of ponies 'Beaker' could assume were Berry's parents. It didn't required a genius to put two and two together. Berry was a bartender, and that meant that she was - out of necessity - part of intense carousing more then once. It took one lapse of judgment during a youth, to put a mare of such profession in a place Punch as now. Heck, you didn't had to stand behind counter for that! There were enough collage-age mothers to serve as a proof of that.

"Your smiles when you talk about Pinchy means you have no regrets, but.....it certainly took some sacrifices to be as best parent as you could be, isn't it?" 'Jade' asked, while playing with her bangs. This conversation reminded her of her own life choices. "I am yet to met her, but from your stories about her, she seems like a smart girl. Do you really believe your daughter will think less of you, if you do something for yourself once in a while?" 'Beaker pointed out.

While she let Berry to mull over the question she gave her, Jade shifted her attention to Tempest. While she already had some measures of the Shadow, they were surface at best. Sooner or later, she would have to include this mare in her plans. Her capabilities were secondary concern. What worried  'Jade' was her knowledge about Stormlands that she could pass to the Equestria. Of course Shadow's recognition of situation there was waaay out of date...but even her information of the continents political structure was troublesome on it's own. She will have to alter her memories of the place the moment she unlocks the full capabilities of the Memory Stone.

'Jade' realized that she visibly frowned. Berry was bound to see this. As such she muttered...

"Acroneighose...."

Her distaste for the city state wasn't a complete lie. It was a big sky barracks, and as such, it was much harder to do some political manipulations then other places in the world. When sorceress wanted to achieve particular results there, she more often then not had to pull the strings in other parts of the Maratonia, to enforce desired results. Not only this was inefficient, but it also wasn't foolproof, even with her Manechurian Agents. Of course if Berry asked, she will receive quite a different explanation for her antipathy...

"Also Berry Dear, about drinks....I feel that you underestimate my home. Do you really think such place like Wingapore - a place that lives cause of tourist - would not have signature beverage? Oh Berry Dear, every restaurant, bar and honky-tonk have one to call there own! If you wanted to try them all your would be find yourself completely sloshed, everyday, for two weeks!" she 'boasted' with well practised 'patriotic pride'.

"And speaking about sloshed, unclear things.... I noticed that you mentioned your expectations about this Spoiled mare, but not her character. Why is that?" 'Beaker' further inquired.

X6ELvBR.png?3

Smolder got a little worried when her little griffon friend tended to get anxious and he seemed to get that a lot lately. She needed to figure out how to calm her and become like one of those little dogs ponies carry around in bags. What do they them? Service dogs? She’d be the perfect service dragon! Maybe a quick rub on the beak or his fluffy stomach. They would just need a big enough bag for her to sit in.

She sniffed the area. There was cake here somewhere! Hopefully it wasn’t one of those lame weddings that had cupcakes or....GASP...Pastry! She smiled at her friend. It was a proper, pony style smile! Not sarcastic nor sassy, but a true one from the heart. After she caught what appeared to be the line to the sweet stuff, she nodded and quickly made her way over to the land of the sweet, sweet, stuff!

USG3AI7.png?1

The grand goose gift was more than enough for the red pony to forgive the draconequus for dumping old chocolate milk on her all those years ago. After catching the good Prince nearly leap out of his horse-shoes, the officer decided she would keep her new 'pet's' honks on mute for the rest of the wedding.

Still, she did permit the goose a meeting with Dunnie. "I just realized I didn't have a lot of  little toys like this growing up.", her toys tended to be more sport-oriented. She let out a chuckle. "Nah, the bird and dragon are far nicer than I ever was at that age.  I'm going to take a guess because they go to that fancy school Princess Twilight made. It kind of reminds me of the boarding school they had in Canterlot. 'Prissy Prim's School For Polite And Proper Ponies'. They promised to turn your ruffian of a child into the most proper of ponies, or double your money back! Thankfully Twi's school was far nicer to look at with its waterfalls." Oh, she how she enjoyed a good waterfall. "Oh.", she gasped as she was quickly placed into a hug.

She noticed her beloved was chatting up a storm. "I never could understand pony's obsession with princesses.", she grumbled, "We need a queen." Other races had queens and empresses..And kings and emperors. Princess seemed so juvenile. They belonged in foal's cartoons and coloring books. She always believed Celestia was a queen, while her younger sister was a princess. Princesses play, while Queens rule. "Oh neat."

Apparently Discord's gift of a goose was actually a living toy goose as she watched the magical toy gobbled up some random bread crumbs from the floor. Thankfully, to the comport of Blueblood and Swift, it kept quiet as it did.

"Don't worry dear, Lady Fluttershy is brave when needed...And so adorably shy for the other things..", she sighed before she leaned into the stallion for a proper hug.
  • Like 1

Nilaavin leaned his head down low as he looked deep in to the shy mare's eyes with strong focus. The things she asked... not long ago he’d feel insulted with such foolish things. Yet… It just marked yet again the unshaking fact his race was forgotten and dying away in to old mythology half remembered. He was the outliner of a cruel fate and it was in his paws to shape the last chapter. With a deep breath he leans his head to one side. “Sphinx is a name given to us by horse and pony, a name we embraced. It is fine to call us such as I know no other name for us.” pulling his head back up he smiled softly at the mare as he spoke more. “As for my size, I'm young and small. My mother was much larger than I am now, my father is larger yet.” He explained before holding a paw out to tap the mare on the nose. “As for food, yes… Do you wish to play a game?”

****Skiping Tempest this post****

• Like 2

~Berry Punch~

"No."  Berry appreciated the delicacy of Jade's question, but the fact that she had none to share the burdens and joys of parenting little Pinchy was a deep ache, healed over but still sore.  "There's plenty here that would be willing to watch her, of course, but not for very long.  Not that I regret her, of course!  I wouldn't trade her for the world... but I would trade the world to give her a second parent, some days."  That was a bit of an open and maudlin confession to be making, but the fact that she was attending a wedding made today one of those days she'd made the trade.  How wise it was to be openly confessing such to a mare she hadn't known for so long was an open question, but Berry was a small-towner at heart, accustomed to being trusting of strangers as future friends.

But could she be further than that?  Berry knew that Jade was a very attractive mare, vivacious, and fun to be around.  But would she be good for Pinchy?  Was she even interested in being something permanent for her?  Ultimately, Berry mused, trips halfway around the world for somepony who wasn't interested in that was just not worth it.  That was time better spent getting to know the local guards.  Still, she couldn't deny that Wingapore did sound like a lot of fun...

"Well, I think you've sold me on your home; when my Honeymoon comes around, Wingapore will be at the top of my list!"  There, that should drop as clear a hint as any.  Berry was feeling happy... but then Jade just had to go and bring up the new Mayor.  Not somepony Berry wanted to think of when her thoughts were in her happy place.

"Hm, well she- oh!  I think they're starting, we'd better be quiet!"  Saved by the music....

[OOC: The organ is beginning to play, as the brides and groom take their positions, preparing for the entrance of Princess Twilight Sparkle!  Their vows will happen in the next post, after which the reception shall commence!]

• Like 1

Ears perking up, Rose glances in the direction of the reception hall. "Pardon me, ladies." Turning back to the two, she bowed her head to one, then the other. "Miss Bevel, Miss Flare, we will most certainly meet again." And with that, the mysterious alchemist vanished from sight in a silent green blip. 

"Don't worry," her voice resonated within Bevel's skull with an amused and faintly musical tone. "We can still keep in contact if you wish, but certain matters demand my physical attendance."

Rose had to admit, the event hadn't been very impactful for her. She'd neglected to really socialize and connect with the various ponies, although that was not for a lack of enthusiasm. Most simply happened to be otherwise occupied, and from the snippets of conversation she picked up all around the area, they were very meaningful conversations.

So, in lieu of forging connections, she simply resumed her role as a sentinel, summoning and gulping down a sparkling purple potion to extend her senses so she may monitor the attendance in waiting. She didn't expect anything to go wrong, but one can never be too careful. 

• Like 1