Hearts and Hooves Day: A Royal Wedding! (Open, Mini-Event)

Blueblood

(OOC: Drafted by me, Dunnie, and Steel together!)

And then, as if in a sudden blink, there he was.  Not that Blueblood had been instantly warped to the front of the aisle, dressed to the nines, together with the mares he loved most in all this world.  No, it was simply that this was suddenly clear to him as the only salient fact, protruded on but dimly by the presence of Princess Twilight Sparkle.

Crusader, meanwhile, stood tall and firm, as if restraining herself with difficulty from spreading her wings and taking Dunnie and Blueblood under them like a brooding hen.  Time for that later, when they both were officially hers to have and hold, to love and cherish...

"We are gathered here today to celebrate with Star Crusader, Blueblood, and Dunnie Blust as they proclaim their love and commitment to the world. We are gathered to rejoice, with and for them, in the new life they now undertake together.”

Blueblood blinked.  Twilight was beginning the ceremony proper.  He had better regard her as salient, if he didn’t want to miss or flub his vows.

Finally! Dunnie thought, it was finally time for the ceremony itself to start. The reason why every creature was gathered there today. The formalities would soon be done with, and their fun could start.

“The relationship you enter into today must be grounded in the strength of your love and the power of your faith in each other. To make your relationship succeed it will take unending love. It will take trust, to know in your hearts that you truly want what is best for one another and to learn and grow together. It will take faith to go forward together without knowing what the future holds. Entering into a Herd comes with unique challenges and unique experiences, all of which you have been educated about. If all of you come freely, and understand the responsibility and work involved to make your relationship thrive, and are committed to not only each other but your family, please take each other by the hooves and reply 'we do.'

Hoof in hoof in hoof, Blueblood looked his brides in the eyes and said along with them, “We do.”

And then it was time for his own vows, which he perked his ears up to catch.

"Blueblood, repeat after me:

Star Crusader and Dunnie Blust, you are my best friends and everlasting companions. You have brought me the truest happiness I have ever known. I take joy today in committing my life to yours.”

“Star Crusader and Dunnie Blust, you are my best friends and everlasting companions. You have brought me the truest happiness I have ever known. I take joy today in committing my life to yours.”

The ring-bearer position had been filled by Wordsworth, as the youngest pony which had any close significance to Blueblood’s life and household.  For once in a rare circumstance, the secretary’s face was devoid of humor, but nonetheless happy for all that.  

Inwardly relieved at the solemnity on display, Blueblood took up the rings as Twilight began the nest part.

“Now place the marriage band on Star Crusader's front-right leg and repeat after me... with this adornment, I promise to stand with you as we share this life, and cherish the memories we make together, with you as the Alpha of this Herd.”

Star’s front-right leg had already been held out, ready for Blueblood to seal it with the band of gold.  Her amber eyes smiling, she listened to him echo the words:

“With this adornment, I promise to stand with you as we share this life, and cherish the memories we make together, with you as the Alpha of this Herd.”

They shared a moment where they locked eyes, just a moment, before Blueblood moved on to the second part of his vows.

“Place the second marriage band on Dunnie Blust's back right leg and repeat after me...with this adornment, I promise to stand with you as we share this life, and cherish the memories we make together."

This part was a little more awkward, as it involved him having to break formation a little bit to get at her leg.  But she was accommodating, and soon he was able to speak the words:

“With this adornment, I promise to stand with you as we share this life, and cherish the memories we make together."

Dunnie blushed hard as she felt his telekinesis put the band onto her leg. Now it was official. She closed her eyes and puffed up her chest as she posed while taking in the promise.

"Dunnie Blust, repeat after me:

Star Crusader and Blueblood, you are my best friends and everlasting companions. You have brought me the truest happiness I have ever known. I take joy today in committing my life to yours.”

Dunnie was beaming as her turn came. She knew the drill, from practice and since it was just performed on her.

“Star Crusader and Blueblood, you are my best friends and everlasting companions. You have brought me the truest happiness I have ever known. I take joy today in committing my life to yours.”

“Now place the marriage band on Star Crusader's front-left leg and repeat after me.... with this adornment, I promise to stand with you as we share this life and cherish the memories we make together, with you as the Alpha of this Herd. Place the second marriage band on Blueblood's back-left leg and repeat after me...with this adornment, I promise to stand with you as we share this life, and cherish the memories we make together."

“With this adornment, I promise to stand with you as we share this life and cherish the memories we make together, with you as the Alpha of this Herd.”

As she recited the vow, she trotted to Star and lifted the large leg. With some finesse, she managed to place the bangle on the foreleg and clasp it shut with a wing. 

Though Star’s expression was subtle, anyone close enough could see those shining eyes now.  They were more expressive than her silent muzzle, and they spoke of love and happiness.

She then turned to face the alabaster stallion.

“With this adornment, I promise to stand with you as we share this life, and cherish the memories we make together.”

She gave Blueblood a glance to return his gaze, which he did, restraining himself with difficulty from kissing her before the ceremony called for. She trotted to his back-left leg after making sure it was the correct leg. In a smoother action than before, she took his leg and clasped the band on the appendage. 

"Star Crusader, repeat after me:

“Blueblood and Dunnie Blust, you are my best friends and everlasting companions. You have brought me the truest happiness I have ever known. I take joy today in committing my life to yours.

“Blueblood and Dunnie Blust, you are my best friends and everlasting companions.  You have brought me the truest happiness I have ever known.”  Star paused, swallowing back a slight choke before continuing.  “I take joy today in committing my life to yours.”

“Give leave for Dunnie Blust and Blueblood to take the wedding bands you have offered and attach them to their free back legs and repeat after me...with these adornments, I promise to stand with you, in front of you, beside you, and always with you as we share this life and cherish the memories we make together, as the Alpha of this Herd."

Dunnie would require a little more help than Blueblood to attach the band.  This was slow work for her, since her relatively larger size made manipulating the bands slightly more awkward.  Fortunately, she was too happy to be self-conscious.

“With these adornments, I promise to stand with you as we share this life and cherish the memories we make together, as alpha of this herd.”

"Star Crusader and her Herd, prior to this moment you each walked a separate path. Now, you embark together on a shared path. Yet the journey is not yours alone, as you share it together, with the many becoming one. It is the strength of your love that shall nourish you all together as a Herd.

Star Crusader and her Herd, today you have stood before these witnesses and declared your intent to commit your lives to one another in marriage and in the formation of a Herd. You have made promises to each other and your family. Your road to this moment has not always been smooth, but you continued to fight for one another. I hope you will never forget the fight and perseverance it has taken to get to this moment. And I hope you will never forget the love and joy you feel today, because these are the values that will keep your Herd and bond to one another strong.

And so, by the power granted by my status as Sovereign of all Equestria and in the Olde Laws that Govern Equestria, I declare this Herd anew and its members the Crusader Herd. Let all creatures here and everywhere recognize and respect this union, now and forever.

Star Crusader, you may kiss your brides."

*Whoosh*

As if they had been kept down on top of tightly coiled springs, Star Crusader’s enormous wings sprang out with sufficient force to push a breeze through the whole Hall, sending the hem of her dress flapping behind her like a windsock.  In the very next second, those wings had wrapped around her herdmates, drawing them both in for a simultaneous kiss so intense as to be audible.  It was the most obvious display of emotion in public for the mare since… well, ever!

Dunnie’s cheeks were flushed red as she was taken into the wings. She leaned in close and her puckered lips met the others’ and they joined in a three-way kiss. 

• Like 2
  • Aubergine 1
  • Hearthoof 2

large.png

Unknowingly missing the ceremony, Fluttershy continued to be enamored with the large security creature who posed himself at the front door. "A game?" Fluttershy questioned. Considering the strangeness of the request, it wasn't like Fluttershy to miss out on the wedding, but she had become so distracted with the sphinx that she was willing to play along for whatever education of his kind would bring to her. "Um. Sure! What kind of game?"

• Like 3
  • Hearthoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nilaavin claps his paws together with a big smile as the mare agrees to play his game. This will make things oh so much more fun! Sitting outside by the door got boring after all, not that he was banned from going inside it's just… Well, he did not wish too get stuck in the doorway again. Most of all at this event. It's all about Blue and his mates after all! Not some cat stuck in a doorway. So he focused on the mare, ears picking up the sounds of some speech inside. Things must be on the way, good for them. 

“The game is easy, I tell riddles and you must answer them as best you can. Fear not if you get them wrong or don’t know! No harm will come to you on this day.” He says laying down in front of the yellow and pink pony. “If you win you may ask something of me.” He added with a small nod. “Let’s start shall we? Something easy…” He taps a claw on the ground a few times. “What can you break, even if you never pick it up or touch it?”

~~~~~~~~~~

Blech. Tempest can’t help but look at everything other than the ceremony. It was just so… bleh! She was not jealous or something. Never. This was nasty filly noneses, she just wanted to get the free food, drink and toss down with Star later in some mud. That was real fun. Not some gooshy kissing and love. Love was lame… She wished Glitter was here. Not that she loved her! She just liked her. A lot. And the snuggles. Glitters was warm. Whatever, this was boring. And lame. Needs more cannons. Airships… The herd was Star Crusader’s? What? That made her look at them, ears flicking as her head leaned to one side. Can a mare lead a herd? Can… Can she lead a herd? That was… interesting. She’d do a good job of it, how can she not? She was more of a stallion than most stallions can hope to be! She’d easily lead a herd. Looking down at her belly she frowned, gears spinning in her head about such things.

• Like 4
  • Hearthoof 1

Glitter was late...really late! However, she did catch the vows and her mane was blown back by the rush of air from Star's wings! What a wonderful display of love! Glitter's heart melted just a tab as she smoothly moved up behind Temmy.

The mare came near, whispering into the unicorn's ear.

"Hey there Tem Tem," She took a step back, taking in her beautiful friend. Glitter got that look in her eyes, that 'come and take me' smirk that she knew Tempest couldn't resist. She flicked her tail in a sassy manner and the smiled apologetically. 

"Sorry I'm so late!" 

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 2

Time had stood still for Crusader and her herd for the kiss, the wings blocking out the sight and muffling the sounds of the crowd.  But once the need for air made itself manifest, she dropped her embrace to show off Blueblood and Dunnie to the world, her face for one instant holding an obvious and unmistakable smile.

Blueblood himself, of course, was grinning like a loon.  "Well, Dunnie, the honor of tossing the bouquet goes to you, and then I think we should cut the cake.  We've made these kind ponies stay quite long enough without refreshment!"  He was expansively happy, walking down the aisle with his herd, his family, and would positively bubble over to any guest that happened to greet him in the reception line.  Crusader would be more muted, but still warm in her expression, her eye looking out for Temmy, and smiling again, softer this time, at seeing Glitter's arrival.

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Swift Squall:

Swift looked down at the rubber goose Fire was holding. When she finished, and Dunnie has gone to the altar he murmured. "You might not had toys like this, but you had something much more worthwhile Dear. I had all toys in the world, but with nopony to play with they didn't matter." noblepony mused, before delicately placing his hoof on crimson mare swelling stomach.

"She can't have her young years like yours or mine. We have to find balance for her." swordstallion said. "But if anything...between you and me, I don't think she will be a shrinking violet type, id she inherits anything of our temperaments."

Fire then mentioned School of Friendship. Squall visited the place, back when Sparkle was still it's headmare.

"It's not only exterior that's good to look at. The place seems...different - not that I was in lot of schools. You could tell that Sparkle was really passionate about it. As if it was her real dream job. It's kinda....sad that she's shackled with new one. But I guess somepony has to do it." he said with a grimace.Doing something because it was right thing to do, despite your passions being elsewhere...he could sympathize.

When Fire questioned the Equestria's choice for it's sovereign/s titles, stallion squinted his eyes gave her something to think about.

"Would You want the same title she-cockroach had?" he asked, just before organs started playing....

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

'Jade Beaker':

'Jade' squinted here eyes while Berry opened up to her a little. Punch was a mare that everypony in Ponyville liked, but one that was starved for kind affection her daughter couldn't give, as well as for some positive reinforcement. Of course 'Jade' was an expert on pony psychology, so she could provide the later right away. As for the former....? Well....'Jade' was nothing if not patient.

"...You know...few years back I started to make some field research about ouces in Long Guo. I plan to finish book about it few months from now..." she started, mentioning her 'job' as 'ethologist' "It was then, that this one female that got mine special attention. Three consecutive litters. Ten cubs overall. But what's more important, none of them perished. I would say it was remarkable, miricalous even..... if not for the fact that I could actually observe female in question efforts. It was....nothing short of heroic, really." 'Jade' paused. Not all of her stories was woold over the eyes, and this was one of them.

"When I came back to those mountains two years ago, the female was no longer there, but her spawn were all going strong.  Berry,You might not be a cat, and you might only have one child, but you remind me of that snow leopard. You might wish to give Pinchy other parent Berry Dear, and it's nothing wrong with that - it would be nice for her and it would be good for you. But don't think your daughter will be in any way lessened if you never will. Because she already has You as a model, and I am certain that if anypony would ask your Pinchy, she would certainly tell she wants to be like her Mom." unicorn mare said.

Punch mentioned honeymoon, at that made 'Jade' wince inside, but her poker face was perfect. Instead she replied.

"I take your word for it Berry Dear. I might even be there to make sure you keep it." she murmured, as the ceremony started.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Swift Squall:

Swift smiled at his friends made vow to each other, with the pleased smile of his face. Ahh if he could always be happy for his friends. He had an urge to mouth 'About time.' , seeing that it was indeed about time for Blue, Dunnine and Crusader to marry somepony, but he managed to tactfully resist. Instead - silently - she passed to Fire one of her favourite punch daggers that he also brought along. Others might have forget, but this WAS both Royal AND military wedding. And Swift liked to uphold at least some of noble traditions. He hoped his Dear would agree with him on that.

The stallion drew his own weapon, and when the last of vows was passed, he stiffened and raised his blade up and forward in the knightly salute.

"Amor Vincit Omnia." she recited, before relaxing and re-sheathing his sword, and that was that.

"You know...I could play that thing." noble-stallion said while pointing at the organs. As Crusader urged Dunnie to toss the bouquet, he added.

"So...are you gonna...?" Swift asked.

'Jade Beaker':

"Well not everday you see three-way marriage." 'Jade' said while still clapping. "I am very grateful that I could be your extra for today Berry Dear, but how did you earned an invitation for such ceremony? You must have know at least one of those newly-weds quite well." unicorn mare inquired.

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 1

USG3AI7.png?1

Fire Walker watched the wedding ceremony. What a weird world she lived in. Would she ever believe that one day her former colt-friend would have the ability to turn into a mare and marry a stallion that many considered unbearable until rather recently. This Prince or Duke could also turn into a female at will. They in turn would be marrying another mare. The Pegasus was not sure if she could switch back and forth either. Was bigamy legal in Equestria? Would this technically be bigamy? They were all getting married at the same time. This felt more like Salt Lick City than Ponyville. Still, she was happy for her favorite Dunder. If only Muggo were here, although this might even be a little too much for him. Hmm. Were Dunder's parents here? His sister? To her great annoyance, the brown pony never introduced her to his family. Was he ashamed of her?

Swift made his over to the mare and whispered something about toys, this caused the officer to giggle, as silently as she could. The goose however, wandered over to the late pony, eyed her up and gave her a WAAAAGH of her own.

“Due to my little condition, I didn’t have a ton of friends to play with. What colt or filly wants to hang around a hospital?”, she whispered, “By the time I was better, toys were the last thing on my mind.", There was one other topic that popped up, “Well, they had Queens and Kings in the past, in other lands. Princesses just seem so er..”, she shrugged, “Childlike. Ruling is still far away from them. They get to learn and play. A Queen rules. Not sure why Celestia never took that title. She’s a majestic person. One that inspires so much.”

She smiled as the bouquet would soon be tossed. It wasn’t a secret that she soon would be marrying the silly pony next to her, but if something is gonna be thrown, it should be caught!
  • Like 1
  • Hearthoof 1

In the moment, Dunnie was overhwlemed. Standing there, freshly married, grinning madly and giggling awkwardly as she looked out to the crowd as she pressed against Star. With all the eyes on her, she was suddenly growing eager to get onto the partying and get off the stage.

Then the mention of the bouquet, and more importantly: the cake. Dunnie's almond shaped eyes went wide and her ears perked up. "Cake!" She grinned wide at the thought, "And refreshments for our guests." Couldn't forget about them.

She took up the bouquet in her mouth and turned about face. In one swift motion, she reared up to toss the bouquet in the air above her and began to roll back mid-air with the help of her wings.. Following swiftly behind was a hind leg, which Dunnie used to spike the bouquet potentially into an eagerly waiting crowd of mares.

Afterward, the pegasus would land gently and proceed to follow behind her husband for cake slicing.

• Like 4

~Berry Punch~

Berry listened with interest, but with no small sense of frustration, as Jade related her story of the ocelot.  She sighed, replying with a flat tone, "Let me put it another way.  I am sick and bucking tired of other ponies treating the fact that I can parent one filly well as a reason to think I don't need a partner.  Not just for her, for me.  It's not good for us ponies to be alone."  Stealing a glance over to where she spotted the only other mare that had conspicuously come alone, she sighed even louder.  "Even tall, dark, and scarred over there has a special somepony!"  She pointed out Tempest and Glitter, right before the ceremony began.

Her heart was both full of vicarious happiness for the thruple, and obvious envy that wrote itself upon her face.  It was hard for her to be bitter about it, considering her character, but still.  She'd have happily accepted being fourth in a herd at this point.  "Well, The Prince has been in Ponyville more often since taking that position at Twilight's school, and he comes to my place when he wants to socially drink, but I probably wouldn't have gotten an invitation if I hadn't helped to supply the shindig."  She felt no shame in the admission, providing drinks was always a good way to secure an invite to any social gathering, as she had learned early at school.

Once she saw Dunnie make ready to spike the bouquet, however, all pretenses were dropped.  "Gangway!"  She shouted out, leaping to intercept the trajectory of the flowers, or at least get right in the scrum of mares fighting for the prize!

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

Tiger hummed as he watched the area from the roof, half listening to the ceremony and half listening to Nil’s conversation with Fluttershy. He was pretty sure he knew the answer to the riddle, but he was going to let Flutters figure it out for herself. When it sounded like the ceremony was concluding, he got up, hopping down from the roof and parkouring his way to the ground. 

“Sounds like the ceremony is over, Nil, so I’m heading in. Gotta give my congratulations to the newlyweds!” He waved to the Sphinx, heading inside just as the bouquet was launched. He blinked a bit as he saw Berry dive for it, though he was too far to really make a try for it himself. Instead, he walked over, giving Blueblood a wave as he stopped to wait for Berry to come back out of the throng. Also, waiting just in case he needed to break something up. 

• Like 1

Presteza's response to the welcome she was given was delayed as she felt a faint tingle in the back of her muzzle.  It was the sort that was only momentarily distracting but it faded soon enough after that the only hint she was bothered was a faint twitch of her freckled muzzle. As soon as her nose had calmed she put on a smile, "You're too kind, Mrs. Rich. I have to say sometimes with all that happens here moving here can be quite intimidating. One time when I was just visiting I was turned into a filly again for an entire day..."

While the ceremony continued around the two mares Presteza could feel her nose acting up again. Her eyes were starting to get watery too. What on earth could be bothering her so much? She'd taken her allergy treatment this morning: while it never worked one hundred percent she could normally go about the day without worrying about something random setting her off and causing some magical chaos. Now here she was at two of her friends' wedding with her snout threatening to unleash havoc. Spoiled Rich's question managed to give her at least a momentary distraction from the olfactory torment. 

She sniffled softly before she replied, drawing a fragrant floral scent into her nostrils. Her horn lit up and she fished a hoofkerchief from her bag and spoke through it, "I actually know ah... Ngh... All of them. Dunnie I met through other friends and crusader I've known since foalhood. Blueblood I've only mehh... Met recently." Another sniffle escaped the unicorn as she continued her battle against her reflexes, "Please excuse my state... Something seems to be setting off my allergies quite fiercely." Right now she had that cloth pressed harshly against her muzzle even as this mysterious floural aroma continued to tease her. 

As soon as Spoiled lean in to whisper her thoughts to the artist it hit her. In more ways then one. The scent of Spoiled Rich's perfume had been laid on just a tad too thick for Presteza to handle. As soon as the strong sourc eof the scent drew so close, Presteza nose twitched and tensed rapidly behind the kerchief. Before she could even hope to stop herself she felt her jaw go slack and suddenly she pulled in a deep hitching gasp. 

"Hhheh!"

The unicorn's horn began to spark and flare up with magical energies. 

"HHheh! "

Then a brighter shine of magical power. 

"HAAAH!"

Presteza's horn flared up one last time as she she pulled in that last gasp and then her head bobbed as she finally let loose with the sneeze. "WAh-CCHOOO!"  The blue aura of magic seemed to explode outward from the painter and spread across the room in a wave. The artist that loud sneeze came from was busy scrubbing her nose through her kerchief to really get out an 'excuse me' or the like, but that was the least of anypony's problem. While the wave of magic hadn't caused any damage it did seem to be causing complications to the ceremony... as now the painter, Miss Rich, and Anyone else within range was beginning to float upwards as gravity seemed to become not so much a law as a suggestion. 

(I will leave it to the players whether or not they're affected by this magical mishap, This chaotic sneeze was Sponsored by Princeblueblood)

• Like 5
  • Surprised 1

~Spoiled Rich~

The Mayor of Ponyville tried not to read too much in the delay of the noblemare's response.  Class-conscious as Spoiled was, she was quite aware that her status, while deserving of acknowledgment, by no means would compel it promptly from a Canterlot elite.  Not a very charitable or accurate interpretation of Lady Presteza, as any who truly knew the unicorn would attest, but Spoiled Rich wasn't a mare to mind such things in any case.

Of course, there was also the fact that she was the mayor of Ponyville, a town with a certain reputation.  "I assure you, Lady Presteza, that finally getting a handle on governing the magical outbursts of this town is one of my chief priorities.  Not that I would mind shaving off a few years myself, of course!"  She gave a little laugh.  It seemed that Pressy was quite close to all three of the prospective herd, which she supposed made sense.  Two out of the three were of her class, after all, and she was probably the one who had brought Dunnie up and introduced her.  Another mischaracterization, as it happened.  "I see, and I do apologize, but the beautiful flora of this town does have it's side effects."  Totally oblivious to the floral nature of her perfume's affects, she offered a kerchief to the unicorn, which was of course suffused with the odor.

While her interlocutor did her best to stifle a sneeze, Spoiled contemplated the thruple as they took their vows.  Star Crusader seemed to be taking the traditional position as headmare, which was right and proper enough.  Spoiled would never dream of dictating business practices to her husband; the Store was Filthy Rich's domain, but the House was hers, and her will absolute within.  It seemed Prince Blueblood was as sensible in this respect as her husband, she was pleased to see.  Bringing in a second mare, of a lower class at that, seemed to her rather less sensible.  A pure indulgence, emotional or physical.  Still, they were probably rich enough to afford it, and she supposed it was more respectable than other methods-

"WAh-CCHOOO!"

The magic hit without warning, and at ground zero as she was, the mayor was first to feel it's effects.  "What manner of-  Hey!"  Feeling herself lift off, she scrabbled to get a grip, which only succeeded in pushing her further towards the ceiling.  "What business is this?"  Looking around for someone to blame, she made yet another hasty assumption.  "DISCORD, STOP THIS AT ONCE!"

~Berry Punch~

Berry Punch, meanwhile, was focused on something else.  Specifically, the bunch of flowers that symbolized a pending matrimony for the seizer thereof.  All her loneliness and envy expressed itself in her leap, and the gods of fortune smiled upon her, for she caught it in mid-air.  Said gods then proceeded to laugh, because she was then unable to come down for a landing, being stuck in mid-air.

"Got it!... Hm?"  She looked around, quickly beginning to panic.  "Oh, oh no!  Tiger, Midnight, Jade, Help ME!"

• Like 3
  • Hearthoof 1

Tempest was hardly paying attention to her surroundings as Glitter snuck up on her. The mare almost got the drop on Tempest but in the last few moments Temtems ears flicked up in alert. She didn't turn around as she stayed put in let the hoof steps close in behind her and a voice she knew all too well spoke in to an ear. Tempest honestly did not think Glitter was coming, so it was something of a shock… Yet she knew it was the real Tempest with one look over her shoulder. Her feelings for the mare were… A mess. Have been for so very long and have not gotten more clear. But whenever that mare was nere she couldn't help but smile and feel as if so much worry was washed away in a flash of that loving smile. 

“You came?” She asked, her tone hardly reflecting the joy she felt seeing Glitter. Not that it needed to, she showed joy in other ways after all. Turning about she locked her front legs around the mare and hugged her firmly yet gently. She held it for a time, nuzzling in to the mare in a rare moment of public affection before releasing Glitter. “I’m glad you are here, I was about to die from how cute and lovely this dovey was. Was going to puke.” As she talked, a mare sneezed and… Well, things got weird fast. For one her flank refused to stay on the pillow. For two, others seemed to have the same problem. Tempest just frowns as she drifts upwards. “This! This is why we are never moving to ponyville Glitters. Every time, without fail, something like this happens.” She fussed. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Nilaavin was still nudging the Shy mare along to play his game when some muffled sneeze. He paid that no worry, the shouting after it was more… alarming. He rubs his face with a paw and groans in frustration. Something was going on. Something was making a mess of the wedding. Of course something was this town was allergic too order! How hard can it be to just have some event happen where every pony got in line, did as told and sat where they were supposed to be? “It seems the game must be held for the moment Butter Shy.” With that he gets up and pushes open the door to peakd inside. … ….. Why were the snacks… er, ponies floating all over? Was it that blasted worm again? “Sir Blueblood! Are you ok?” He shouted in to the building, his voice echoing off the walls with all the authority and power a sphinx’s voice can muster.

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 3

Tiger smiled as he saw Berry was the one to catch the bouquet, though it seemed the peace was destined to be short lived. A mare sneezing was no big deal, it was allergies, if he heard that line right. The fact that ponies started floating was more concerning, especially since he was one of them. When Berry cried out, his focus snapped to her, and he pushed off the pillar he was next to to propel him towards her. He wrapped his forelegs around her, looking around for anything else to push off of so they could get to the ground. 

“Hey, it’s okay, Berry. I’m here now, I’ll figure out how to get us down.” He said, thankful that his momentum was carrying them towards another pillar. When he got there, he twisted around to push them gently towards the ground. “Can you help grab something when we get there? I’m a little busy holding you right now.”

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

large.png

Fluttershy began to feel like she overstayed her welcome as activity at the wedding seemed to overwhelm the attention required to converse with the sphinx. Nilaavin pushed open the door to see what was happening, and commented on the strangeness. Fluttershy had been too enamored with the sphinx to concentrate on anything else that was happening, but having it be alarming to a creature with as large of a stature as his, she also felt she needed to know what was happening. "Is everything alright?"

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Glitter enjoyed the feeling of being wrapped up in a tight hug from Tempest. She breathed the unicorn in as they shared a moment. A moment that was for all to see...a rarity for her purple mare. She giggled softly, wrapping herself tightly around Temtem. They were so close that for an instant she could feel Tempest's heart beat against her chest. 

"I had to come," She glanced around. "I knew you'd hardly be able to handle all this cuteness!" She stuck out her tongue in squinted her eyes shut, mimicking disgust. 

She stepped back, glancing at a mare that was apparently lifting towards the ceiling! There was only so much time before gatherings a ponies tended towards the weird.

"Do you think we should help TemTem?" She then glanced towards the door. "Or go find some alone time?"

Either way she would get her along time with the beautiful mare at some point this evening.

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 3

jq8lnM4e_o.pngSpoiled Rich's accusations fell on deaf horns because there was no Draconequus in sight! Where had Discord gone all this time? It was strange, but rather expected. One could attempt to keep track of the noodle, but it was like finding a weasel in a haystack. The snake coiled on Fluttershy's back, as result of Discord's games, looked up to the Sphinx and flickered its tongue, nervously hiding in its coiled, peeking its button nose out, with a flicker! 

As Berry Punch caught the bouquet, were she to look inside, Discord would be lounging on the flower heads, munching on a piece of cake (the wedding cake mysteriously having a slice cut out and replaced with an origami folded parchment to resemble cake), he would gasp and pull a rose petal over his body as if hiding his noodly form in shame.

"Berry! I didn't know you saw me in that way!" He blushed and turned his head away, lashes fluttering in a luscious manner. In a pop the draconequus would vanish with a pop, leaving behind a berry fizzy pop for the lucky pony before reappearing floating over Dunnie, his paw finger coiling around his wizardly beard. "I must say you know how to throw a party for your mares Bluey, but something is missing..." He snapped his talons, trying to recall just what it was, with every snap a queer device appearing in the grasses such as a cymbal clapping wind-up monkey, a herd of flamigo in tu-tus dancing the waltz and finally a large bow-tie wearing gator with a trumpet in claws. "Ah, perfect." He clapped his paw and talon together, only for the gator to wag its fat tail and start playing dancing music reminiscent of southern folk pony tunes!

Discord would clap his paw and talons, encouraging those willing and not yet caught in the tangle, to join in the sky-dancing! This would allow the brides and groom a chance for the first dance!

wNnGDbtr_o.gif

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 3

'Jade Beaker':

'Jade' tilted her head when Berry poured out her grievances - this time directly - and while on the outside her face was focused and attentive inside the unicorn mare was in full panic.

'Curses, curses, cursescursescursescurses! I messed up!' she thought while trying to work out how to best tackle the damage control...

As such, when Berry was done, 'Jade' gave out a heavy sight before replying.

"I guess I could word that better Berry Dear. It's not that you should be alone - frankly, nopony deserves that - but that you manage to be so strong and reliable despite that ache in your heart." 'good doctor' explained "I find that very....attra....admirable."

'Jade' swapped the word in last second, before turning her muzzle slightly away. To her own surprise, she could feel heat on her own face. Was she...? Like a schoolfilly?!

"I....I just can't fathom how mare like you could still be alone after so long." unironic decided to soldier on and ignore luminosity on her cheeks. Thankfully, she was saved by actions of one of the brides. When Dunnie prepared to spike the flowers, 'Jade' stood up too. But not to catch the banquet, but Berry - who decided to leap towards it like cat to mouse. She barely had time to register familiar stallion's presence....

"Tiger..." 'Jade' acknowledged his presence, in quite warm voice. She was very grateful for his sudden presence. After all, he saved her from picking up that awkward conversation.

And then the magic happened. Literally.

'What now?' 'Jade' thought in annoyance, as she felt her hindquarters slowly raise from the ground.  That made her eyebrow rise in surprise.

Oh....OH! Was this involuntary aether discharge due to allergic reaction? Been a while since she been in a same place with pony suffering from these. After all, it was usually very hazardous for anypony's help. Fortunately, effects right now seemed very minor. Well, nothing that couldn't be fixed at least. Her only wonder why the mare whop sneezed and caused this, didn't had Seal of Arcana put on her. This wouldn't fly even 200 years ago. After all,that mare that sneezed and started this whole mess was bound to kill somepony, with some random magical effect. Sooner or later.

Well, not rally her problem, this was for up for 'Sovereign' of this nation to clean up, and decide the course of action. Instead 'good doctor' pinned herself to the floor with her magic, while reaching upwards Berry and Tiger, starting to pull them down as well.

"Don't worry." 'Jade' reassured the earth pony mare as unicorn's magic enveloped both her and Tiger "Not a dance, but I did say I will catch you Berry Dear, didn't I?" bespectacled mare said with a smirk, referencing their first exchange of words today. "And look, I caught quite a hunk, to make our time spend here more pleasant. Ain't I am great?" 'Doctor' said in waggish tone...only for her smile to drop when Discord revealed himself in Berry's bouquet, before moving to harass the groom. This filthy chaos wyrm dared to even jokingly flirt....!

'Beaker' took a deep breath. Seems her enemy did not suspect a thing. Good, good. She wanted to have as little to do with him as possible. Especially since she didn't really brought anything to hurt him.

"Now we only have to wait till Princess there fixes all this everything and we can continue towards the evening. I am looking forward towards what Prince prepared for the banquet." bespectacled unicorn continued, apparently either very confidant, or completely nonchalant about situation that was occurring. The same couldn't be said about Disocrd, but she wasn't about to show it.

Swift Squall:

Swift Squall looked down apologetically when Fire reminded him that her childhood and adolescence weren't exactly rosy either.

"Sorry Dear. When I see how vibrant you are now, I tend to forget. I guess that with such messed up young years, we just had to get together." he lampshaded while complimenting his love. "But if Blue, Start and Dunnie will do their job at continuing the royal bloodline, our Little Jewel bound to have friends to play with - unlike us."

When Fire mused further about Celestia's chosen title, Squall found himself pondering.

"But is she really a 'majestic' pony as you say Dear? Or did her position forced her to appear as such? Perhaps she just....wanted to be closer to her subjects? Chains of commanding are very heavy - found that firsthoof since I found the TEMPEST Corp and found myself longing to just wave my sword again. 'Upgrading' her title to 'Queen' and having to double down on projecting an 'royal image' could be the last thing she wanted." noblepony theorized.

The further mulling around being a royal, and responsibilities it brought were interrupted by all too familiar sneeze. Squall found himself slowly levitating towards the far-away wall, as his gravity was changed from it's usual 'vertical' to the 'horizontal' direction. Noblepony didn't even appeared surprised, instead muttering "Just once. A normal wedding. is that too much to ask?" under his breath. When he moved over Presteza he addressed her...

"Pretzy...be so nice and send us list of your allergens before our wedding, alright?" he requested. He knew better then assume that there will be no shenanigans at his and Fire's ceremony, but at least he could lessen them.

When Spoiled Rich threw accusations at Discord Swift found himself irritated. Oh everything just HAD to be Gramps fault, did it? Well he didn't mind to politely call her out. Especially since - as one of the ponies actually wealthier then the Filthy Rich - he could get away with it. And both he and she knew it. Business world was small after all.

"Miss Rich..." he started, looking his best to look dignified while floating towards the wall. "I know Discord, and I know his magic. And he isn't as crass as to interrupt a nuptials unasked. And if he did, he wouldn't do something so...unimaginative like nudging gravity a little here and there. It just not his st...."

And then Discord HAD to add an ambience music.

Squall just hid his face in his hooves and sighted dejectedly.

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 2

USG3AI7.png?1

Fire Walker sighed, "I could see that happening, and thanks to my brothers, our up and coming will have lots of a little cousins to hang around with as well.". her latest sibling that was married was her older brother Moon. He married a white mare named Bunny Hop. He had a coat as dark as the darkness in the darkest pit, while his wife was as white as Hearth's Warming Eve snow. They were tying for a first. What would this child look like? Also, what would Fire and Swift's foal look like? Green and red? She prayed their child would be born with Swift's perfect snout and not her square sniffer.

"Eh. She doesn't have any titles to worry about anymore.", she whispered. What happened to alicorns who stepped away from power? Both Luna and Celestia had to have parents. But did they need to be alicorns? Neither of Princess Twilight's parents were alicorns. What were the pair planning once they grew tired of their whirlwind retirement? And why was she thinking of this right now? And what was with all that noise? It was a wedding!

The red Pegasus blinked as she heard all that sneezing! How rude! After one, or even two, the sneezer should have taken it outside! Curious, she glanced around the room, only to see that it was her old friend Presteza who was guilty of public sternutation! And not only was it loud, it was magical? Not wanting to get magic snoot-juice on her lovely dress, she tried her best to shield herself and her beloved with her wings. Whatever she did, the magic avoided her, but not her special unicorn. Who started to float.  She knew right away that Discord had everything to do with this. She wished he at least considered not going so low-brow. Maybe sneak a bottle of 'Fizzy Lifting Drink' in Berry Punch's hooves. This was a beverage young officers would sneak into parties and watch the shenanigans begin. And while that involved loud belches that would lift the drinker into the air, burps were nicer than sneezes. And the drink, which along with its enchantment, the pink and bubbly drink consisted of an fruity Crème De Cassis with more of a hint of spicy ginger liqueur. That drink was good.

"Swift!", she noticed her beloved was also floating about. "Do you know any cancel spell, spells?" If the draconequus was behind it, and he was, she realized that a unicorn's spell probably would not stop his powerful magic. So for now, it was her job to make sure her husband to be, did not float away.

• Hearthoof 3

Dunnie was just stepping off the stage, hoofs meeting the first step of the stairs when her head lifted. Ears perked and eyes wide as her mind replayed the sound. Her warrior mind recognized it instantly and knew that shenaniganry was now afoot as she reflexively tensed up. High pitched and yet still violent, meant it came from dear Presteza.

Sunndenly Dunnie felt much lighter, but she knew she didn't have anything to drink. And a look at her wings confirmed they were not flapping. All things considered, this was a fairly harmless sneeze. At least, for a pegasus who was used to the sensation of being weightless in the air.

"Just control your breathing, keep your body straight!" Instructions of what she imagined was taught in flight school, not that she ever attended.

Curiously, it felt somewhat relaxing to fly without exertion. So for now the pegasus floated along, drifting through the air when she heard Squall call out another unicorn.

"Oi!" Dunnie's body stiffened as she pointed an upside-down hoof from her upside-down body right at Squall. "A good idea, but Pressy has a bit of a hair trigger, y'know?" Dunnie explained while motioning to her own muzzle and nose.

As Discord appeared, Dunnie reached up to smack his beard but was just out of reach. So instead she planted a hindleg on his tail and kicked off gently, sending herself tumbling through the air like a pega-pinwheel.

"Whoo! Music!" With every spin the mare saw another wacky conjuration of Discord's pop up and add to the chaos until she slowly lost momentum and looked down at the other ponies from above.

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 2

~Prince Blueblood/Star Crusader~

Of course it was never going to be that simple.  Of course.  Barely had he extricated the first slice of the wedding cake (a particularly generous one for Star Crusader), when the sneeze occurred.  In the circles he ran in, this was a worrying thing.  Unicorn sneezes could be magical, and not in a metaphorical way.  Technically, it was an ill-timed one of his own that had ended up giving him a dual-gendered lifestyle, but his friend Presteza took the cake in that field.  Literally, in this case, as he began to hover up and away from the cake.

"Oh.... Crumbs!"  The situation didn't yet call for panic, or even more emphatic expletives, mostly because he now had two entirely capable pegasi wives to handle any issues that came from being suddenly airborne.  Dunnie was giving helpful advice to the bridesmaids, preventing panic; Star Crusader quickly wrapped a wing around Blueblood to keep him close (the other wing snatched the slice of cake, no need to let good food go to waste!)

"Is anything else crazy happening?"  She called out in a stentorian, unruffled voice.  As she took a big bite out of the cake, she listened.  Berry Punch seemed to be the first one to panic, but Tiger and Jade Beaker had her well in hoof, it seemed.  Tempest was well able to take care of herself, and Glitter besides.  Fluttershy was out of the blast zone, Fire Walker and Swift Squall had each other, and Mayor Rich-

"If this nonsense does not end soon, I will have to haul a certain elongated troublemaker before the Decency Committee!"

-Was not technically part of her jurisdiction. 

"Oh, I'm fine, Niilavin, don't worry."  The Prince called out to the big cat as he made his entrance.  "But if you could make sure that nopony accidentally drifts outside before gravity comes back?  No telling where you'd end up if there wasn't this castle containing you then!"  He chuckled, in too good a mood to see anything but the funny side of this.  "Aright, Dunnie, pull yourself out of a tailspin; who knows when you'll get a chance of aerially dancing with me?"  Tucked under one of his wives' wings, he reached out his hoof for the other, to take her up into the dance.

~Berry Punch~

Between the strong hooves of the stallion, and the strong magic of the mare, Berry found herself feeling more secure than, well, the last few months she'd spent with all four hooves on the ground.  What an irony, she reflected, as she looked into the hard-won blossoms in her hooves and dared to dream of a future in which both were a part of her life-

"Discord!"  Nothing like a little chaos noodle to shake things up.  "Don't toy with me like that, I'm not in the mood unless you're serious, and I never could be with you!"  A bit of a confused outburst, but this whole situation was confusing.  She took a few deep breaths, calming herself with a bite from the bouquet.  Ooh, the bride had good taste in the selection!

"Well, I got a lot of nervous energy I need to burn off with you two now..."  She caught Jade's sassy look, and bapped her with the flowers.  "Not like that!  Well, not here.  But I think the Prince has it right for holding a three-way dance right now, just don't let go of me, OK?"

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 2

In truth Tempest can stand to be more upset than she was. Maybe it was just to do too… How not shocking this was, it did not faze her at all. She’d be more shocked if nothing happened in fact. So she just rolled her eyes at the shouting as she drifted up and up. Looking down at Glitters the mare's comments got a snort out of the floating mare. At least her… Marefriend was safe and sound on the ground still. “If you want some alone time I hope you have some rope sweetheart as I don’t have wings.” she says, kicking her hooves in the air to show off how useless it was. “But that sounds very tempting otherwise… And I think the rest are fine, plenty of flyers and well… ponyvill.” She said the town's name with a roll of her eyes then looked up as she was about to hit the ceiling. Turning herself around she let her hooves touch the stone and shoved off, drifting downwards she reached out with her for hooves and hooked them around her still gravity obeying marefriend to stay put. “There we go, much better. Let’s hope you don’t start floating as well.” She hummed. Whatever it was, whenever Glitter was around… it was just so much easier to be happy and her boiling anger behaved itself. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Nilaavin eyed up all the floating ponies with a snort before having his eyes fall on the blasted worm itself. ‘Discord’ was… Well, the words he’d pick too describe that anathema were just not fit for a wedding. Yet based on all the shouting it was not to blame for this mess but a pony? Leave it too this town too have even a pony that can do this and destroy even the most basic laws of the world. Shaking his head and with a roll of his eyes he speaked. “As you wish Master Blue… And I'd have picked far better music than whatever this… ‘music’ is from the one I shall not name.” with that pulled the doors shut as he pulled himself back outside before looking down at Sutter Shy. 

“Sorry about that, but it seems they are safe. Mostly. If you see some pony drifting off in to the sky do let me know.” With that he lay down and folded his front paws as he smiled. “Now. about this game? Hrmm, Let's start easy shall we?” He says with a growing grin as he eyed up the small mare. “What can you touch with your right hoof, but never with your left hoof?”

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1