Hi?

Cubbage

Wow, I wasn't nervous until I read the intro thing, saw a couple of other people's posts, and now I'm kind of nervous XD anyway, here goes nothing:

• About Myself: Hi! I'm Cubbage, but I also respond to Cubb, Cubbs, Cub, Cubs, and the like. I'm into a lot of things. I love singing and acting a lot (I'm always imagined my cutie mark would be a set of musical notes)! I'm also in to linguistics and worldbuilding. One of the main reasons I love the MLP franchise is because I like the worldbuilding. While there area  lot of continuity errors, I like to try and piece together the history of Equestria, ponder on the different languages spoken throughout the world, etc. I also really love sword fighting. Demon Slayer is my favourite manga all because of the amazing sword fight sequences. I also really love the Highlander series for the same reason. I don't get to fight as much as I would like to because I don't have many people willing to risk getting hurt, but I'm working on it 😜
  • How I found Canterlot.com: I stumbled because I had a minor question about what would happen if two ponies of different breed (e.g. earth pony and pegasus) had a child. I was considering the punnet square (I also like thinking about how science works in the MLP universe ^^;;;), and stumbled across a forum on this website. Once I saw there was a Discord, I decided to sign up.
  • How I became a fan of MLP:FiM: Way back when I was just a little bitty boy living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the house half a block down the street from Jerry's Bait Shop (you know the place), well anyway I was a baby sitter for two little girls who went to my church, and they talked about MLP all the time. It was their favourite show. So one day they decided to watch it while they were at my house, and it was actually pretty good. So I ended up watching the whole series. I made it to (what was then) the end, watched the first movie-thingy with Sunset Shimmer, and then that was it. I was in middle school by that point and so I stopped. Well years later, a (female) friend and I were reminiscing on the show and she invited me over to watch it since she had it on DVD (for nostalgia's sake). Well after getting midway through season 1, I had to go home, and I decided to rewatch the first Discord episodes (because he's hands down one of my favourite villains of all time, even after I got out of the series). Then I read somewhere that he had a recurring role in the other episodes and... yeah, I got back into it. Mostly because I wanted to see what else they did with him. But now I'm in it for the lore. Some of the episodes are kind of cheesy, but I love the overarching plot and worldbuilding. 
  • My favorite main cast/pony: I can never decide between the Mane Six, but probably either Twilight, Pinkie, or Rainbow. My favourite character overall would have to be Discord, though. I mean, he's just so great.
  • And here’s the fun part: I am also into D&D and have been trying to get people who'd want to participate in an Equestrian campaign (using the MLP45E system), but the problem is that no one my age is into MLP, and so I always feel like I'm coming out any time I tell someone I'm into it. I'm super excited to be here because I soooo want to RP in Equestria. Anyway, that's me! Sorry that was so long!! XD
  • Like 2

Welcome!  I'm one of the friendly neighborhood admins around here, so if you want any help/guidance/onboarding, shoot me a PM.  

Hope you enjoy your time here!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...