A Night With Apple Wine (closed: Steel)

RainbowFoxxy

Rarity wasn't awake enough for the world. She was too hungover for it, as well. She needed a shower, a cleaning, and a lot of tender loving maintenance. At the moment though she knew she wasn't going to get any of that. Applejack was frozen beside her. She could feel the heat radiating off of her and the cold steel of the collar only seemed to make the difference in temperature all the worse. Fluttershy looked down at Applejack, her collar that had Rarity's cutie mark, and the mare and then did so again. Pinkie Pie seemed to take it into account but not really all that much seemed to be going on. Rainbow Dash was stifling laughter, that rogue. Twilight was...confused, concerned, and blushing, but her horn and sweat told the story of a much bigger fight.

Rarity started scrambling to her hooves, her horn shooting off wildly as it tried to disengage the lock to spare Applejack the embarrassment. "Oh, girls! Yes! Nice to see- well you see- anyway, well, this is all very nice and all. Wait, timelord? What is happening?" She said as she started trying to straighten her mane, the magical lock snapping without a sound as she fumbled around inelegantly inside the lock.
Twilight shook her head.
"Some new villainess who can control time appeared! I know what we need to do, but we need to do it before noon!"
"And what time is it?"
"Almost noon!"
"Oh dear! Applejack, come. Lead on, Twilight!"

• 4 weeks later...

AJ watched, frozen with embarrassment as Rarity tried to get the collar off of her neck. It didn't even budge much less come off of her! What in tarnation was she gonna do about this? AJ had magic but it was earth magic. Not super useful in this sort of situation as it was Rarity's unicorn magic that had fastened the device onto her. 

"Oh Dear! Applejack, come. Lead on, Twilight!"

She didn't even hesitate. AJ was immediately up on her hooves and obediently trotting after the unicorn. She would have of course come on her own but the collar made it impossible not to do exactly as she was commanded. As she trotted she felt her tail wagging in a ridiculous fashion. She could hear the girls questioning her movements, feel them watching her while knowing full well what her and Rarity had been up to. Her ears turned pink with the humiliation of it all. But, there was nothing she could do! Nothing except listen for any order Rarity might send her way.

"Who's this villain?" Applejack swallowed, trying to calm herself. She spoke to Twilight as the alicorn trotted nearby. 

"Well..." Twilight started the answer but AJ's attention drifted immediately back to the unicorn. She was suddenly overly obsessed and just couldn't get enough! No matter how embarrassing her actions were!

• Like 1

Rarity fell in line with her friends, assuming the position. For most of the time she wasn't the leader of the group when it came to these adventures. That was Twilight's position. usually she was flanked by Rainbow and Applejack. Not today- Applejack was behind Rarity. A bit odd, but she had to focus on the problem at that. Some sort of villain? As Twilight explained it, Rarity tried to follow. The Time Turner was a villain who wanted to turn back time to before ponies grew sentient, so she could 'save' them from themselves. How dreadful! Imagine not being able to work on the latest fashions from Prance into something more befitting the ponies of Ponyville! The sacrilege. Of course, maybe Applejack liked it. She wouldn't say.

"How do we stop her, Twilight?"

"I've created a counter-spell using pages from an ancient tome that was lost to time- well, I guess now it is! Anyway, we need to..."

Rarity listened as intently as she could, even as she felt a small sliver of herself start to fade as the magic of the Time Turner took hold of the area. Not all that awful- Twilight's shield was keeping them safe, but her knowledge of the latest trends in Neighpon nobility was starting to get sketchy as the ponies moved into position and went to battle with the Time Turner!

****ONE EPIC BATTLE LATER****

The heroines of Ponyville walked into Sugarcube Corner, each one looking worse for wear. Worse? No, just weirder. Twilight had an eyepatch on and wore a tight-fitting skinsuit as if she were a spy. Fluttershy had some manner of mechanical doohicky on her back, smoking barrels cooling off. Not even she understood what it was for. Rarity for her part wasn't too far off from normal in her well-made victorian battle dress. What they all were, however, was tired. Twilight collapsed at the counter while Rarity struggled to get herself up there.
"That...got out of control."
"Yes. Yes it did, Twilight."
"Are we back in our own time? I don't know what time is it. Am I Viking?"
"Hmm, I believe so. Oh, I mean in terms of being in our own time, not you being a Viking. I'm not being decapitated by angry villagers. Those pontish brands did not flow well with your mane, by the by. Applejack darling, are we all right?"

• 3 months later...

Applejack, being herself the heroic mare, would have been more so if she hadn't spent the entire battle completely focused on Rarity. The mare was at the center of her entire attention. Even when battling the Time Turner with all of it's ability to catapult them to anytime, any where. The was the fact that had managed to spur AJ into action. If the Time Turner had separated her from Rarity? She couldn't even handle the notion!

"Whew!" The mare, with her green and red suit came to stand next to Rarity. She still wore her collar, it's signal ringing ever the more clear through her mind. "That was some battle!" She glanced at Twilight, who was sporting her black suit and spiked mane do. "But yeah sugarcube," She winked at Rarity. "I'd say we're fine and in our own time." She glanced at a few other ponies that were in Sugarcube Corner. They were friends they knew and recognized. "Judging by that being our Spike over there." 

Spike, wolfing a cupcake laced with pink and blue quartz crystals, waved to them. "So, looks like you guys won!" The dragon glanced at their worse for wear form. "Looks like you could all use a break!" 

"I'll say!" She eyed Rarity, the collar feeling warm and tingly on her neck. "You uh, feel like takin' me outside Rarity?"

• Like 1

8XeOsHy.png

Rarity was allowing herself the time to finally relax. It had been something beyond her expectations, that fight with Time Turner. It was a fight beyond all their expectations, of course, but at least most of her friends had entered into it with their heads squared on right. She was fighting a hangover of timeless strength it seemed and nothing that had happened since then had done much to give her relief. At the very least she was here at Sugarcube Corner, ready, willing, and able to sacrifice a bit of form for comfort in order to get through the moment.

"Well, I'll glady rescind any further adventures on all of our behalf. The timeless crimes against fashion that were foisted upon me today have done quite a lot to make me feel fine being a recluse," she said as she sent her head back, her mane falling back into place with only a slight crook. She frowned. "Timeless, timeless crimes today," she mumbled ominously before taking a deep breath.

Applejack then asked if Rarity would take her outside. It prompted some raised eyebrows from their friends- why couldn't Applejack just leave if she wanted to?- but Rarity did her best to not make too big a scene of it. "Oh, I suppose we can," she said as she got up and started trotting out. "Applejack, come!"

AJ watched as the unicorn of her dreams flicked her perfect mane back to even more perfect. She took in a breath, wanting to get out and roll around on the sweet fresh lawn outside. As Rarity called her, the farm mare didn't even noticed the raised eyebrows from her friends. She was so excited the Rarity had decided to take her out!

"Comin' Rarity!" As she trotted out, the others could see the obvious wag to her tail and the skip in her stride. 

"Iiiiiis in just me or is Applejack acting-" 

"Like a dog?" Rainbow Dash raised a brow as the red band holding AJ's tail in place disappeared outside. 

"Well, here we are," AJ stood in front of Rarity, her eyes sparkling. "I assume you brought the," She glanced towards the door. Suddenly noting her friends watching. "bal..." She spoke in a hushed tone. She really wanted to chase a ball, like really wanted to, but her friends would see. It would be weird. But tarnation, she wanted that ball!

• Like 1

8XeOsHy.png

It was good to be outside without all of the chaos happening around them forcing rarity to be distracted from the smaller things. She was a detail oriented mare at heart and she knew that the town would take a few hours to really get back to a normal thrum of activity, but there were positive signs already. A few market stalls were up and running despite low traffic and the songs of birds started to filter through the air and into the lazy streets. Soon ponies would mill about in greater numbers and the normal goings ons of a town would be theirs to enjoy, thanks once again to the efforts of a small group of friends.

Well, a small group of friends and their dog, it seemed. Rarity allowed her eyebrow to arch as she watched the spectacle in front of her that threatened to tip over into farce. She knew the collar could have an impact, but really? This seemed more like an excuse for their interrupted fun at night. "Applejack, why if I didn't know any better I would assume you want to make a scene!" She said in faux frustration as she looked around. She did not, in fact, have a ball. It was probably still back at the tent. She had no reason to bring it when they were fighting for the future of Equestria.

She looked around, eventually spotting a ball she could borrow- well, make was more accurate. Her horn lit up and she pulled in some stuffing made out of flowers, bark, and other materials and wrapped it all with a non-organic magical leather from her shop, which floated in at the last. "But if you insist, then I will give you what you deserve, Apples. Sit until I am done," she said with the barest hint of derision as she went to work, magically sewing it until a 'ball' was made.
When she was finished she used her magic to wiggle the ball around. "Here you go. Do you want this? Do you?" She said playfully before turning and sending the ball flying into the market. "Get it!"

• 4 weeks later...

Ah the light of AJ's life...and Rarity was quickly sewing it into completion. The mare could hardly hold herself bag, her tail wagging from side to side in her obvious and exuberant display of excitement! Rarity wove the now newly formed ball in front of her face and it was all she could do to not jump up onto Rarity and take the dang thing right out of her hoof!

"Yes yes yes yes yes!" She panted. "Please please please please!" Her eyes begged for the sweet release of chasing that would soon be hers!

She followed the motion of the throw with her whole being, her run starting before it had anywhere near touched the ground in the market.

"Where is it? Tarnation!" She huffed in frustration. The ball had rolled itself away from her and she just had to find it!

After some pitiful wining that got more than odd quizzical look from the shoppers around her AJ dove under a table only to find....a potato...

"No!" AJ dropped the offending tuber in disgust. It had to be the ball. Rarity would only be satisfied if she got the ball back not anything else in the world would do! Not for Rarity. She only wanted to please the unicorn and perhaps earn a few more of those delicious belly rubs AJ had come to love so much.

And then she saw it! Trapped under a bolt of fabric at the linen stand. She lunged for the ball, grabbing it in her muzzle and quickly scattering while bolts of fabric rolled and bounced everywhere in her wake! She came hustling back, lace trailing from her tail in the most undignified manner. What did she care? Rarity would certainly be pleased with the return of her ball!

She dropped it at Rarity's feet and then sat in front of her, looking up with big soulful eyes.

• Like 1

8XeOsHy.png

Rarity could scarcely believe what she was seeing, or hearing. She did have the advantage of knowing the root cause, of course. Their little *playtime* was quite...exciting, after all, and more than a little funny to her. And the collar she had purchased and helped enchant was a dramatic element to add to the whole thing. So the exact reasons why Applejack was acting this way was, on the whole, perfectly understandable to her. But she had expected a little more...resistance, was that the word? Maybe a bit more of a demure, shy acknowledgement. Instead, Applejack showed absolutely no resistance to the idea of doing this in public.  Ponies were seeing. As she ran through the market, rummaging and looking about for the ball, Rarity studied the crowd. Most didn't pay that much attention- the friends of Twilight Sparkle were an eccentric collection and their eccentricities had become rote- but as it continued a number looked, started whispering, and even started giggling at the display.

That didn't stop Rarity from taking the ball, of course. "Applejack, compose yourself! You don't see Winona freaking out about finding the ball, do you?" She chided the Apple pony as she shook the ball a few times. "And look at this mess! Oh my," she said as she looked at the fabric mess Applejack had made. The pony who ran the stand was trying her best to contain the mess but failing, especially since it stretched so far. Rarity looked around and found a clear alley, and then threw the ball down it. After she did so she trotted over to the stand, using her magic to help clean up the mess.

As she did so, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash approached.
"Hey, Rarity? What's..."
"What's up with Applejack? Why's she acting like a..."
Rarity eyed Applejack up as she approached, her smile thin and non-revealing.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Applejack cowered as she knew she's made a mistake! For a moment she had somehow equated that darn ball with the most important thing in the entire world. It of course wasn't! What was coming over her? She couldn't control herself at all! Not around Rarity, or any of the games she was playing. Then their friends arrived. Applejack felt herself blush with embarrassment as she struggled to hid her tail as it wagged frantically behind her when she stood near Rarity. 

"Oh, uh" AJ rubbed the back of her neck with her hoof. "Hey there girls. Sorry 'bout that!" 

"What are you doing AJ?" Rainbow Dash looked closely at AJ. 

"You're acting reallllly strange," Fluttershy lilted. 

"Yeah," AJ glanced at Rarity. She knew she needed to salvage this somehow and then get herself and Rarity to somewhere more private. She wanted to give into her doggy side but it was obviously not something Rarity wanted to deal with in public!

"Yeah, sorry you had to see that," AJ stammered. "We were just practicing fer uh something," She glanced at Rarity for backup. 

• Like 1

8XeOsHy.png

Rarity felt a white hot flush of embarrassment come over her. Not for herself, really, but for Applejack. Clearly their little play tools had somehow had a more averse effect than she had planned. And in front of the others, to boot! Oh, Applejack, you silly mare. Rarity herself felt relatively unscathed and nonplused about the whole ordeal, she even found it more than a little amusing, but it was clear as day that Applejack could not handle it. And if she could not- well, Rarity was nothing else if not a creature of boundless empathy for all of Equestria's creatures, as beautiful and misbegotten as this one was. And so she, too, felt a wave of awkwardness climb through her as she tried to think of a way out of the situation. Luckily, Applejack at least provided a starting point.

"Y-Yes, oh yes. Yes we are. Applejack is preparing to compete in the...Fet Loch games!" She said with great excitement. "Yes, yes. The Fet Loch games and they have a fierce, umm, a very fierce...seeking challenge. Yes! A seeking challenge. And we are...training, she is training I mean I don't why I said we ahaha, she is training for it. And we shouldn't really be surprised, I mean, Rainbow Dash some of your training methods are also unusual. Must you always be stretching in the rain, hmm?" Rarity offered a completely bullhockey shot in the dark. "Anyway, yes, the Fet Loch games. Isn't that right girl- err, Applejack? Yes, isn't it?" She said, nearly unintentionally cooing before realizing and stiffening herself back up.

"Annnnnnnyway, I believe we must...depart...yes, because I still have a most *dreadful* hangover. Goodbye, dear friends, and just remember- training! For the Fet Loch games!" She added once more, as if trying to convince the very sky itself. That, and she needed to get out before the fabric pony got too upset.

• 1 month later...

Whew! Her Rarity had gotten them out of that wonderfully! Was there nothing she couldn't do perfectly? AJ figured there wasn't. Rarity was simply the best thing in AJ's life. She would do anything for her!

"Wow Rarity, great work." She sighed. "Sorry I put on such a scene." She glanced down at her collar. Was it feeling tighter than usual? "I just can't help myself around you."

She stated it so bluntly. She couldn't hold anything back from Rarity.

"So, should we continue our walk?" She wagged her tail a little. "I do like walks," She glanced at Rarity, hopeful they would continue their day together. 

8XeOsHy.png

"Yes, well, I do have that effect on ponies of all sorts," she let out a short giggle which was full of much more than a justified excitement. She knew for certain that she was one of the best mares in town but more than that she knew that her attitude only amplified it. And when it came to Applejack, she knew that her charms were only that much powerful. And besides, it wasn't as if she needed anything else to further that, now did she? She made sure to tug on the collar, to ensure it was on well. She didn't want it to get any weirder and have it fall off, now would she? Applejack wouldn't deserve any further embarrassment now, now would she?

"It is all well, my dear. I am sure your current predicament has caused some manner of...err, development, let's say. No matter. If you want to continue our wonderful walk, we'll do so. Just stay close dear, so hopefully, we can hide it as much as possible," Rarity added, hoping to achieve an excellent result. After all, she rarely needed more reason than that to get close to her very well-heeled marefriend. "Where to, Apples?"

She was being asked where they should walk? Well, that she could handle! Plus with Rarity right next to her like this. It would be bliss. She could walk anywhere with Rarity! Anywhere in the world!

"Um, how about we head over to Fluttershy's place? She has a really nice yard now!" Why was a big yard somehow tantalizing to her now?

She stepped out towards Fluttershy's cottage, hoping Rarity might be impressed with her choice of locations.

8XeOsHy.png

Rarity's eyebrow arched up as she walked alongside Applejack. Why was she so fascinated by a big yard? And...why go right to Fluttershy, when she was so reticent to be seen by her other friends? Rarity had her concerns. She also looked at Applejack's wagging tail and tittered to herself. Well, she wasn't perfect and fun was fun, so if Applejack wanted to go there despite the possible problems, then that is what they would do!

"Well, lead the way, darling," she said as she gave Applejack a little tap on the flank to signal her to move forward. Applejack could lead the way, which would give her some space to work out whatever unusual energy was building in her. It also allowed Rarity to take in the public's reaction to the unusually acting Apple mare. Most did not notice- a bit too busy considering events- but a few gave Applejack a bit of a confused stare. Rarity felt the slightest trepidation creep up her spine as they soon found themselves at Fluttershy's. Rarity gave a few quick, insistent raps on the door, as she waited for something to go normal this day.

• 1 month later...

"Oh!" The door was opened by Fluttershy and she couldn't keep a bit of shock from creeping over her features. "I wasn't expecting to see you two today!" A crash sounded behind her and Fluttershy tried to play it off like it was nothing. "So nice to um....see you?" Another crash. Fluttershy's ears flattened. "E-excuse me a moment won't you?"

The door closed softly and a bunch of scrambling, crashing and clanging noises ensued. These along with Fluttershy speaking in no nonsense tones to a certain white bunny. 

Eventually the door opened again. It was Angel bunny this time. 

"I'll take care of this one for you if you want Fluttershy," AJ narrowed her eyes at the bunny, a growl edging the back of her voice. "If he's causing you trouble I love a good bunny chase!"  

8XeOsHy.png

Fluttershy often had some difficulty with her rabbit, and it seemed like today was no different. Truly, Rarity did not understand how such an animal could so easily dominate Fluttershy's moment-to-moment activity. She dealt with so many more impressive creatures! Yet this tiny rabbit and its surly personality may as well have done more to subdue Fluttershy than any villain could ever hope to. Of course, as Rarity watched Applejack act in such a manner it was hard to imagine that she had much of a leg to stand on in calling out such behavior. Did Angel Bunny put a collar on Fluttershy at any point? The thought made the unicorn giggle, even as she bent down to her mare.

"Hmm, if you promise to be gentle, I am sure Angel Bunny would love to play," Rarity said as she unhooked the leash. "Be a good Apple for me," she said with a small kiss on the snout. She would let Applejack get some of her energy out while also getting Angel Bunny to feel a bit of fear. A proper response to Angel's attitude towards Fluttershy. Still, Rarity knew that Fluttershy may have other feelings on the matter. "Worry not, they're just gonna have some fun. Fluttershy, may I speak with you in private?" Rarity asked calmly as she lost her focus on Applejack. She would allow Applejack to do as she pleased- she was quite the wonderful owner marefriend!

• Apple 1

• 3 months later...

Flutters watched as Applejack bounded off after Angel bunny. There was certainly something odd going yes.

"Y-yes, of course Rarity!"

She lead Rarity back inside the cottage, quietly closing the door so they could speak privately. 

"Is everything ok Rariy? Applejack seems...different?"

• Apple 1

8XeOsHy.png

Rarity looked at Applejack as she ran off, her mind waffling between deep concern and a slight sense of excitement. The effect of the collar and the spell was wholly unintended for anything more than their play, and in that manner Rarity found herself concerned. However, she enjoyed their play for a reason and found within her a growing sense of...curiosity, about where all this would lead. How Applejack felt or what was going through her mind as she was doing all this was the most intriguing question that could be answered. And one that she was mildly interested in having answered, even if she wasn't sure what she wanted the answer to be- or even if it would change how she thought of the whole affair.

She followed Fluttershy into the cottage, making sure the door was shut firmly. This was indeed a rather private conversation and while a part of her would have found it somewhat entertaining to make sure Applejack was here for it, it was likely not the wisest course of action. Like many of her actions recently, come to think of it. "Oh, well, I suppose it depends on how one defines if she is being much different. I think under most definitions...yes," she laughed nervously before taking a seat. "Oh darling, I could really do with a spa day. After beating that awful villain my coat feels like it needs some extra attention. I trust you're doing well after today's events?" she said, shifting as she tried to reconcile all the happenings and events that had transpired with the somewhat more...comical cause for her visit.