Rose's Cure-All's & Curios

Aisede

Present Day

Ponyville Outskirts: 10:12 am

What an absolutely beautiful day ~ The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and none of her darn Leap Frogs escaped to another timeline yet! yet. She had setup a monitoring system in her lab to make sure they stayed as she analyzed their genes. Hopefully she can make a... regression agent soon, but in the meantime, she had to open up shop!

Aloe was probably already at her spa, so it was just her for the time being. Flipping over the CLOSED (Intruders will be turned into frogs) sign to OPEN (Guests MAY be turned into frogs), she thrust open the lacquered hybrid oaken doors to greet a new day with a smile on her face. "Today is going to be a good day!" she said to herself, inhaling the fresh air. 

She'd attempted marketing as of late, setting up flyers and ads wherever was convenient and relevant, hawking her exotic wares for anyone curious enough to come see. And exotic they were! She had rearranged her shelves so that only her best and freshest bottles, flasks, and colorful vials were on display. Of course, the front counter held her best (One may even say vintage), such as her latest (Safe) regen and physique enhancing potions. Not many ponies really got seriously injured around here, but who knew when you'd need a quick fix after running for your life from Ponyville's latest monster attack?

The shop itself, while not necessarily hard to miss, didn't stand out any more than any other shop did, with a great big xenon sign proclaiming this to be Rose Compass' Cure-All's & Curios! , a relatively small but cozy building, with a real roof and even a chimney spouting mysterious colorful vapors into the air that were completely safe and wouldn't cause spontaneous bubble sneezing that makes your coat change color.

Out back, her garden was flourishing, out front, her fresh herbs were basking in the sun- but protected from harmful rays as well- and she had even begun the construction of a small pool to the far left of the building, more for her and Aloe's enjoyment than anything, although a picket sign informed the curious that they MAY be able to become a seapony for a rented allotment of time if they wanted to. Some shiny enchanted pearls sat next to the black rocky bowl, waiting for somepony to come along and decide they want to grow a fish tail. 

Out front, there was one more sign, the same thing printed on all her ads around town:

Potions for ails, potions for sore nails
Potions that cure, potions for perfect tenure.
Need a hoof? How about two more? We have a potion for that!
Have bad teeth? Crooked chompers or lame stompers?
We have a potion for that!
Want your coat to shift through the visible spectrum?
We have a potion for that too!

---

The first to approach Rose’s store was an earth pony stallion, one who had met Rose in the past but had never seen her shop before. Tiger looked over the outside of the building, taking it all in before he decided to approach fully and greet the mare. 

“Yo, Rose! Nice place you got here, really interesting. What kinda stuff you sell here?” He asked, smiling over at her. “Or, I guess, what kind of stuff can I not get here? I’ve got a bit of an idea of something I’d like to try out.”

---

Instantly spotting the stallion, Rose's smile could not possibly get any wider. "Hey, Tiger!" She waved him over, trotting halfway to meet him with an energetic spring in her step. "It's so good to see you here! What did you have in mind?"

Quirking her head to the left, she brought a hoof up to her chin, her smile turning coy. "I don't just sell potions here, by the way. I've a rather developed affinity for runes and enchantments as well, although potioncraft is what I excel at, as you can well see." She gestured into her store, and at the various array of bottled (and some burbling) fluids on display.

---

“Well, somepony’s happy, huh? I take it you’re having a good day.” Tiger chuckled, pausing after she finished speaking to try to find the right words. 

“Well, as you know, I work for Blueblood now. Ever since I found out about his ability to switch genders, I’ve wondered what being a mare would be like. The more I think about it, the more I want to try it.” He said, nodding a bit. “Preferably with the ability to switch back and forth.”

---

Rose giggled, batting a hoof in his direction playfully. "Tonto, the day has yet to begin!" That said, her ears perked up to better hear his request, and perked up more when she received it. "Aha, then I would recommend a 'curio', in this matter, Mr. Blood."

Turning, she held open the door to her shop and beckoned him in with a cordial smile. "I can go into detail if you wish, but to summarize: a potion will allow you to become what you desire, but for a set period of time dependant upon the dosage taken. There are also some minor side-affects. During this period of time, you will be unable to switch back until the effects wear off." Raising a hoof as if to counterbalance the other, she arches a brow. "However, an enchanted artifact- or runic inscription- will give you the autonomy you seek, granted the object will need to be properly charged to operate efficiently, and this can be done in a myriad of ways depending upon convenience."

"I actually created a potion the other day to allow a pony to temperarily become a seapony." She pointed back towards the small installed pool, then. So many things to look at around that place! "It lasts approximately five hours, upon which the user either must exit the water or reapply the recommended dosage."

• Like 1

Tiger wasn’t entirely sure what Tonto meant, but the rest of Rose’s words were interesting. He nodded a bit, entering the shop at her invitation as he thought about the options before him. 

“Well, the artifacts are interesting. What kind of charging methods are there?” He asked, looking around at the inside of the shop. “Although a potion might be better for the trial run.” He shrugged. “That seapony potion sounds like a fun thing to try too.”

• Like 1

An eager customer, isn't he? She can appreciate that in a pony. "You may sample the latter if you like. I've measured doses that should only last a couple minutes, and a pool outback."

"But as for the charging methods... " She looked the young stallion up and down. No horn. "Without a horn, you won't be able to charge It manually, so it will instead draw on your inherent mana. Don't worry, though, you shouldn't have any adverse affects unless you have it activated for weeks on end.

Alternatively, you could get a unicorn to charge it for you, or I could install a mana battery, which would also need periodic charging." Pausing there, she gave him a somewhat devious look, raising a hoof to her lips. "There's also the option of drawing on the energy of those around you...

Enveloping her horn in rolling waves of turquoise magic, a bottle of clear fluid with a strange rainbow incandescence to it was floated over to him, tagged with a fused male/female symbol. "But if you'd really like to test the affects for yourself on a trial basis, this is the gender swap potion. So long as you don't take it twice within a five hour period, you should be fine. If you do... " She snorted, suppressing a foreboding chuckle. "Well, have you ever experienced hermaphroditism?"

"Sounds good to me. I'll look at that later then." He said, glancing back towards the pond for a moment before Rose started explaining charging methods. Drawing on his inherent mana seemed fine enough, he probably wouldn't be staying swapped for long periods anyways. And he could always talk to Blueblood about other options if he wanted to stay switched for longer. He raised an eyebrow at her words of drawing on the energy of others.

"You do know I'm a guard, right? My whole job is helping and protecting others, not stealing their energies. Drawing on my mana sounds fine, I guess, especially if it only does it while active." He said, looking at the bottle and making sure to remember the warning. "Can't say that I have, no. Noted on the warning though, thanks."

• Like 1

"Yes... " She was just going to gloss over the whole guard/sucking out his charge's energy part. In her profession, anything goes, or that's how she rationalizes things at least. "What you're asking for is typically rather difficult to achieve. What I've done here it make something that essentially replaces the hormones in your body then rapidly metabolizes them. That's why, if you try and reverse it too soon, it disrupts the order and causes you to have a hormonal imbalance."

"But that's enough about that. I don't presume you came here simply to observe my wares." Her tone dropped an octave as she slowly sauntered over to him, purring like a kitten. "Well, not those wares, at least." She paused to giggle, looking up at him with an easy smile. "I have a spare room in the back, if you would wish to undergo your 'trial run' now ~"

Tiger wasn’t exactly scientifically minded, so he wasn’t exactly sure what that explanation meant, but Rose seemed to know what she was talking about so he just nodded along. When her voice turned though, a smirk grew on his face. He always liked where that kind of voice lead. 

“Well, in that case let’s test this thing out.~” He responded, winking at her and leaning in a bit to whisper the next part in her ear. “You do have some good ‘wares’ to observe. What say we try some out while we’re back there~” He purred out, smiling right back at her. 

• Rainbow Dash 1

---

After sampling some of Rose's 'wares', the green mare helped her newly female client gather her things and return to the front of the store (after a complimentary rince, of course.)

"The bottles I use are reinforced with an endurance enchantment, so they won't break if you drop them. The affects should wear off in two to three hours. If you'd like, I can whip up something to cancel it out now?" She pointed a hoof over her shoulder with a curious expression. "After all, some ponies may see you exit my store as a mare and get the right idea... Hehe..."

She gave her a humored look at that. Her store was rather out of the way, though, so the likelihood of that happening wasn't particularly high. "Unless you don't mind, of course."

• Like 1