Moving into the Dorms (Open to the School of Friendship)

StrongCopper

Spearmint hadn't had any questions that he felt the need to bring up (and those that he did were asked by others), so for the most part he had been content just to sit there and listen. However, there was a moment in which confusion managed to worm its way onto his face; The Archchancelor had just transformed from a stallion into a mare. The closest he had ever seen to such a thing had been a few years ago when that stallion had decided to wear a dress... and even years later, Spearmint's ears folded down against his head in a vain attempt to block out some of the venomous, heated words his mother had said to them after she had seen 'em.

It was funny in a strange way. She hadn't raised her voice or anything but... he remembered his mother speaking with the intensity and raw power of a thundering storm. It had been more then enough to cause the stallion to cry before walking away with his eyes cast downwards. Spearmint never did see that dress again... and honestly it was for the best. In his opinion it had been a rather hideous dress and the colors hadn't suited the stallion at all. 

Still, there was one thing he did feel the need to say aloud. It wasn't a question, but a loophole he had spotted that he suspected would be in everyone's best interest if it was closed before it had a chance to be exploited. "Chipper, I'm pretty sure the Archchancelor means that there will not be hunting of wildlife in general. Please do not organize a hunting party yourself because that actually sounds stupidly dangerous."

• Haha 1

Caramel nodded a bit at Blue’s answer to her question, though she was partially asking for just a place to work on that stuff on her own time. Maybe it’d be the same place, she’d have to figure that out eventually. For now, it looked like Candy was leaving again and leaving Kettle under her care. 

“Sure thing, Kettle, you could tag along.” She said, patting her sister’s head. 

• Like 2

Bluebelle was heartened to see the students take her transformation in stride; it was going to be an awkward year if they didn't!  Besides all that, it seemed that most of the major questions had been taken care of, though a few minor ones of procedure remained.  "Class Schedules are the same for first-year students, save for electives, which you can begin signing up for after the assembly.  They should be posted on your dorm doors by now.  You won't start officially until next Monday, which gives you a few days to select your electives.  If you need any help with that, Counselor Starlight Glimmer or myself will be available for most of tomorrow to answer questions and provide guidance."

Chipper Demise was no longer really paying attention, since it seemed that monster-hunting was not going to be on that elective list.  "I mean, I wouldn't do it unless I had a really big and strong guy on my side.  Like Papa Halvard!  But I don't know if he's coming down to visit anytime soon."  He explained to Spearmint, extricating himself from the chair.  "But you've got a really neat forest, like, right there!  If there's any elective that means going into the Everfree, I'm signing up for that!"

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

• 4 weeks later...

Chipper continued to astonish Morning Glow. Going into the Everfree Forest?? Few ponies were that crazy. She'd read about it in numerous books. A strange kind of magic worked there, one that ponies couldn't control, and she had no interest in being eaten by some vicious plant or monster within it's bounds.

With the assembly finished, she decided to head back to her dorm so she could decide on her electives. That was the part she was most excited for. Friendship classes would be a pain, but if she could take something magic-related, it would make up for the required courses. She trotted out of the classroom, avoiding other ponies, and then continued back towards her dorm.

Upon arriving, she remembered who her dorm mate was going to be and sighed. It would be ok, she could just do most of her studying in the library so she could avoid the other mare's sister. Caramel herself didn't seem to be that bad, other than being oblivious to clearly dangerous magic, but Kettle? She couldn't stand to be around the hyperactive filly. Fillies like that didn't do well in school, and she didn't want it to rub off on her. She needed to pass as quickly as possible so she could get back to Canterlot, on track with her studies. If she could do that quickly enough, then she might not fall too behind in real school.

Pushing those thoughts out of her mind, she took the course list from the door and began to examine it.