New town New pony(Open to anypony)

Windracer

It began as a typical summer day in Canterlot. Streets are busy with ponyfolk as always and it's a good day to make new friends.

Near the north side of the castle is an airship port. Pulling in the port is a ship from Cloudsdale, out steps a new bright and cheerful Pegasus, Windracer. With a hoof full of luggage and a heart full of compassion, he hopes to make new friends and find a new adventure.

As he makes his way down restaurant row to his hotel, he trips and falls on a loose stone, he drops his luggage on the ground after him. He looks up to a hoof offering to help him.

Stepping off behind him, just another face in the crowd, was Cloudfeather, here to visit her aunt and uncle as well as to assist with the unpacking of a fresh shipment of clouds for the upcoming Wonderbolts performance. She had applied for the job as soon as she heard there was going to be a performance at all, eager to be involved in any way with the show, and had been lucky enough to be picked! She trotted excitedly at first, trying to keep herself cool in the midst of the high-class Canterlot ponies, but quickly lost her composure and took off into the sky as she normally did when she arrived in a new place (no matter how many times she had been) to survey the city. She hadn't stretched her wings the entire ride here, preferring to keep herself grounded for the experience of traveling on an airship, so the vantage point was refreshing. 

Down below, something caught her eye. A pony beneath her had just tripped and sent his luggage flying. Cloudy winced to herself. That looked painful... She zipped down to his location and offered her hoof as he looked up. "Need a hoof?" she asked, chuckling lightly.

Windracer looked up with relief. He was glad to see a nice face come to his aid so soon.

Thinking to himself- Wow, 5 minutes in and you already fell flat on your face. Nice job WindbreakerHe took the pony's hoof. "Yeah, thanks." As he stood up he stretched his wings but quickly retracted his right one. "OW!" He softly winced in pain. "I think I hurt my wing." He lightly holds his wing with his hoof trying to ease the pain. He winces again.

Cloudy helped the pony up. She He seemed nice, even attractive. She adjusted her goggles, trying to appear cool, as she said, "No problem!" Then he stretched and winced, complaining about his wing. Cloudy looked at it. Had he really hurt it just by falling? That was an interesting way to hurt a wing... Could he be faking? Come, now, why would he fake something like that, though? Wait! Was this one of those conponies her parents had warned her about before she went to Los Pegasus? Oh no! She hadn't thought to bring her protective saddlebags this time! She backed away from him slightly, trying not to let her expression portray her nervousness and mistrust. "Oh dear... That doesn't sound good..." she said, continuing her slow steps backward. "You, uh, might want to get that checked out..."

Still holding his wing he looks down at it. "I hope it's not too bad, it's my good wing and I have a race in a few days." He looked back at the pony, noticing her strange expression and inching away from him. This leaves him a bit confused and unsure of how to react. "Is everything okay? You look like you saw a changeling or something." Trying to bring a bit of humor into the conversation in the hope of calming her down and keep her around a bit longer.

One of the main reasons why Windracer came to Canterlot was to make friends since he couldn't seem to keep them in Cloudsdale except for a few. Wind has the strange talent of being able to see though people like a pane of glass. Being able to tell if somepony is hiding something or lying has been somewhat of a burden recently and has ended of few friendships. Only his very best friends have stayed with him despite his "gift".

He doesn't want to start off his trip by scaring away such a seemingly kind pony.

"Haha Changeling? Here? What? I mean, not that I have anything against changelings! I'm sure they're great creatures and all, not that I've ever met one, but no, I didn't see a changeling hahaha! That's cra-- wait, did you say race??" All her nerves vanished as she realised what he said, forgetting that this may well be a conpony, and that his "race" may just be a way of getting her to entice her so that he could get all her bits. "Hold on, do you mean the Wonderbolts derby coming up?? Like, as in the Wonderbolts derby I'm here to help set up for?? Like, as in, you're a Wonderbolt!? Are you a Wonderbolt!??" It was a wonder she was holding in her excitement! She was practically jumping up and down by this as it was! Had she really bumped into a Wonderbolt on the street here in Canterlot?? She'd only met any of the Wonderbolts once when she got her limited-edition photobook signed after a show! But to meet one here by chance in person!? This was more than she could take!

"Wonderbolt? No but I might get accepted in the academy, depending on how this race goes. I'm actually a Wonderbolt reserve and i'm part of the opening event." Wind had been waiting for this race for months. An opportunity to be not only part of but to be in the opening race for the Wonderbolts derby is a once in a lifetime chance. Getting into the reserves was enough of a jolt but actually being part of a derby was more than a dream of his.

Remembering this, he looks back down at his Wing. If it's too badly hurt then he won't be able to race anything and he'll miss his opportunity. What a stupid way to get hurt. -He thinks. He starts to become extremely worried. If he can't make the race it might be another year before they will even consider accepting him in the academy.

He tries to forget his worries for now. After all, it's too early to tell how bad it is, it could be just a bruise.

"So you're helping set up the derby?"

"Wow!! That's amazing!! Then I hope that wing of yours isn't hurt too bad! I tried out for the Wonderbolts reserves once upon a time hahaha..." She laughed, remembering the humiliation when she had crashed face first into the stands, breaking her nose. "But that was a long time ago! Turns out I'm built for filling the skies, not clearing them!" She watched him look back at his wing and felt some pity for him. She hoped it wouldn't hurt his performance. She started picking up his luggage and tossing it onto her back as he asked his question. "Yep! I don't usually get asked to help with cloud duty since I mainly work the machines, but since this is a Wonderbolts event - I mean, come on! It isn't some routine festival shower or scheduled rain! - they had a drawing, and my name happened to be one of those picked! I can't wait! Since we're helping set up, we get free admission to the show and backstage access (you know, because we're working backstage)! I'm going to get my goggles signed!" She gave the eye protection on her forehead a little *snap* to accentuate the phrase. She then realised she had no idea where this pony's luggage was going and that the two of them were blocking the road (as a rather impolite couple was so kind to inform them). "So, uh, where are you staying? I'll take your luggage so that you can rest your wing! And in return, you can tell me all about life as a Wonderbolts reserve!"

"Really? Thanks!" Wind would have never asked such a kind gesture from a pony he just met so the offer means the world to him.

Windracer had been in Canterlot before but had always stayed in hotels near the outskirts since they were cheaper, rarely passing by higher end hotels if he didn't need to. This time however, the WBA(Wonderbolt Association) offered to pay for rooms for anypony directly associated with the Wonderbolts rather then base lodging. Being a reserve, this gave him the opportunity to share a floor with his heroes, witch understandably makes him internally jump up and down like a school pony.

Since he hadn't been this far down restaurant row often, he wasn't sure what the place was called. He pulls out a map he got at the airship port and quickly scans the paper for the hotel.

"Um, looks like I'm going to the Horseshoe Inn. I'm staying there with the other reserves and flyers, and I'm pretty sure that's where the after show dinner is going to be too."

"Hm... I don't know where that is..." Cloudfeather looked over his shoulder at the map and soon located the hotel. "Aha!" she said, "This way!" She pointed with her hoof and then started off on a brisk trot down the street. "I'm Cloudfeather, by the way! I don't think I caught your name!"

"Windracer, nice to meet you." Wind hadn't felt this way toward another pony in a while let alone one he just met. He hadn't felt naturally connected to anypony since he met his best friend back in flight camp. He was exited to spend more time with Cloudfeather before the derby if he could. 

He runs to catch up with her. "So where are you staying?" 

Cloudy waited up for the other pegasus, taking a second look at the map before she continued, this time alongside him. "Pleased to meet you, Windracer!" she smiled, checking the street one last time as they trotted. "Oh, I'm just staying with my aunt and uncle. They live here in Canterlot, so they thought they'd spare me the bits by letting me stay over! They really are some of the nicest ponies in Equestria! I stayed with them for a while while I worked here, and they put up with me the entire time, even when I would come home in casts."  She chuckled slightly at that last comment, hoping to hide some of her embarrassment. "How about you? Where are you stay-- wait, I already know the answer to that one!" Cloudy laughed at herself a bit, mentally facepalming. Nice going, Cloudfeather. Really hitting it off! She sighed. "I promise I'm not always this scatterbrained. I just tend to lose it a bit when I get to a new place, even if I have been here a hundred times! Plus I love making new friends! Or I mean, if you don't mind! If that's crossing boundaries, then I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have assumed! We don't have to be friends!"

"I'd love to be friends, that's actually one of the main reasons I came here." Windracer was exited by the offer, friendships don't usually come this naturally for him. "I'd love to hang out sometime while we still have time before the derby." Although Wind enjoyed the idea of a new friend, he was paranoid of coming off to needy or desperate. "If it's cool with you that is." Windracer hadn't had a new friend in a while so he didn't want to miss or screw up his chance in any way. He could always use a plus one to the Wonderbolt dinner after the show.

Cloudy breathed a sigh. "Oh good! I thought you would want to get away from me as soon as possible! Hahaha Y'know, steer clear of the crazy pony!" Of course, this had never really happened, but Cloudy was always anxious when meeting new friends in new places. "What?? Of course it's cool with me! You, a Wonderbolts reserve, want to hang out with me?? How could I say no!? What should we do?? Ooh! You could show me some of your tricks! Or we could go to the Canterlot Garden Maze or do a castle tour or--" She stopped for a moment to check the map again. "Where did you say you're staying again?"

"The Horseshoe Inn I Think." He was extremely relieved to hear her positive answer. To have a new friend that lived so close was incredible to him and is more than happy.

"If you want, we can walk the garden and you can come see one of our practices if my wing is better." Saying this made him begin to  realize the consequences if his wing didn't get better. Not wanting to ruin the moment between them, he tries to get his mind off of it.

"Or we can just hangout at a cafe or something. I'm good with anything."

"Horseshoe Inn! That's right! Sorry, hahaha, I'm a bit scatterbrained, if you hadn't noticed!" She turned at the intersection and proceeded ahead. "Cafes are fun! I don't know of any around here within my price range though... I've heard the gardens are really nice, though!" She looked at the map once more to make sure she was heading in the right direction, then added, "Is there anything you were hoping to do in Canterlot? We can do that first!"

Wind hadn't really thought that far. All he was focused on was his race and making friends but hadn't thought any further then that. Knowing this, he tried he tried to keep his next statement a bit more open ended. "Well, what did you want to do in Canterlot? If you want, after I get set up in my room we can talk about it over a bite to eat." As he said this he remembered that she might be on a bit more of tighter budget then he was. "Don't worry, I know the some of the best restaurants that have good food and won't steal all of your bits with their over priced menus."

"Oh, I don't have many plans while I'm here! I'm only in Canterlot until after takedown, so I didn't really plan anything!" she said, trying to forget the schedule she had planned out. Meeting new friends was much more fun than going someplace by yourself anyway! this would be better! "That sounds fun! I have to drop off my stuff at my aunt and uncle's, so I can do that while you get settled and then we can meet at the restaurant! Where should we meet? I didn't eat out a whole lot while I lived here, so I know a couple of places, but not very many. I know there are hundreds more that I've never heard of! Hahaha" She paused again to look at the map, this time pulling a pencil from her bag and circling the hotel. Now she wouldn't have to spend so much time looking at it! She just had to find where they were right now... there! She rounded another corner. Only a couple more blocks to go!

"We can figure it out I'm sure,"

They arrive at a tall white building stacked high with windows and balconies. In front of them is a set of two rotating doors below a large golden sign reading "Horseshoe Inn".

As they enter they are greeted to a large room with tall pillars and walls lined with a stucco finish that are framed with beautifully ornate corners and arcs that are accompanied by enchanting art work carved and chiseled into the lining of the walls. Around the entering room alone is about a dozen or so ponies relaxing in the surrounding luxury furnishings who are casually lounging, reading, and conversing among themselves.

Like previously said, Windracer had been in Canterlot countless time but largely stayed away from staying at places like this at fear of the cost, making staying at a hotel with such a high class atmosphere slightly alien to him.

"Wow. I don't think we're in Cloudsdale anymore."

"Sounds good to me!" she said as they approached the building. She pulled her wings in as they went through the revolving doors, having learned on her las trip to Los Pegasus that those could be dangerous to pegasus wings, and then took in the majesty of the room around her. Cloudsdale architecture was some of the most beautiful in Equestria, of course, but if there was a building that could rival it, this was it. She felt extremely out of place in front of all these high-class ponies. She was certain at least two stared at her as she entered. "You can say that again..." she responded.

She deposited Wind's bags on a luggage cart while he got checked in, then brought it over to him. "Do you need some help getting these to your room, or have you got it?"

• Like 1

Wind returns from the front desk with a small pamphlet and an unopened envelope. The letter is slightly lumpy giving the insight that there's a bit more then paper within. He looks down at the letter as he makes his way over with an expression as if he's thinking about something and almost completely ignores Cloud's question while spacing out.

He walks up to Cloudfeather and seems to open up to ask something but seems slightly hesitant as if he was nervous. "Hey, I've been meaning to ask you." He looks up from the letter. "Would you like to be my plus one to the Wonderbolt after dinner?"

• Like 1

Cloudy's eyes grew wide and her mouth hung open. "WOULD I???" She was stunned with disbelief! Would this pony, whom she had met less than an hour ago, seriously ask her to go to such a prestigious event with him!? "Would I!? Of course I would! A dinner with the Wonderbolts?? Oh my goodness, this is a dream come true! I can't believe you would -- Wait a second! I can't go with you! You've got to have somepony else! I mean, I'm a nopony compared to the Wonderbolts! And besides, you barely know my name! Heck, if I'm being honest, I already forgot yours! (What's your name again, by the way?) I mean, we hardly know each other! How can you ask me to the greatest dinner I will ever experience when you don't even know who I am or anything about me??" If she was being honest, she was really mostly just flustered at the offer so suddenly, and from somepony she genuinely did not know (she legitimately had forgotten his name. She was bad with names. And remembering things in general. That's why she had lists). But she really did want to go to the dinner! She was just... nervous, she supposed.

• Like 1

At this point, Wind gives a more somber expression. "I actually don't have anypony else. Nopony stays my friend for very long. And the only other pony I would ask is in Cloudsdale right now. So I figure why not ask the one pony that has treated me more kindly in 20 minuets of knowing me then some do in years." He is reminded of the overwhelming loss of friends in recent times due to his "gift" of knowing someponies true feelings.

Wind saw this as a chance to get to know her and hopefully find somepony that truly cared about him as a friend.

"You're somepony to me and I honestly can't think of anypony else I'd rather have as my plus one."

• Like 1

Cloudy wasn't sure what to make of his response. She felt bad that he didn't have any friends, but also touched that he considered her one. "Well in that case... I'd be delighted to go! When is it?? Oh! And where is it?? What should I wear?? Should we meet up beforehoof or meet at the dinner itself??" She got out a pencil and parchment to take down details so she wouldn't forget, then looked at Wind expectantly for details.

• Like 1

"It's here in the ball room I believe. It's going to be the night following the derby so you shouldn't have to wear anything too fancy. Most of us will still be wearing our uniforms."

Windracer has been looking forward to this dinner for awhile and was exited to spend it with a new friend. It's a time for the Wonderbolts to relax an converse amongst their fellow flyers. Unfortunately since the royal sisters are on diplomatic business, they weren't able to get the castle dinner hall in time so this was the next best thing.

Although the dinner isn't open to the immediate public, it does allow all attenders a plus one to invite family and friends.

• Like 1