New town New pony(Open to anypony)

Windracer

Uniforms. She made a mental note not to wear her Spitfire t-shirt. "Sounds like a plan! Ooooh I can't wait!!!" She quickly jotted down the address of the hotel and the time of the dinner, but then suddenly had a thought. "But wait. Hold on a second." She reached around and rummaged through her saddlebag for a moment, finally withdrawing a schedule for the event setup/takedown crew. She had to be sure they weren't taking down the course directly after the show. If that were the case, she'd be unable to attend the dinner...

Nope! Looks like because it would be in the evening, takedown would be taking place the following morning! "Whew! Looks like I'm free that night! I was worried I'd have takedown that night, but looks like it's not until the next day!" She put the schedule away and then returned to her parchment and pencil. "So where should I meet you before the event?"

• Like 1

Windracer tries looking for the most convenient option for the both of them. "Since we're both going to be at the show, you could just come back to the hotel when we leave so we can head straight for the dinner." Since everypony else was planning on coming back to the hotel after the derby, this was the most logical option in Wind's mind. Nopony was planning on staying long after the race. Say hi to fans, maybe take a few pictures, and then back tot the hotel.

• Like 1

"That sounds like a plan to me!" She squealed slightly, then abruptly remembered where she was and regained her composure as she wrote down the information Wind had given her. "Sorry! Hahaha I just can't wait!! This is going to be so much fun!!" She did a little gallop in place, then regained her composure again. "Anyway, I should probably head to my Aunt's house soon to drop off my stuff. Do you need help getting your bags to your room, or have you got it covered?"

• Like 1

"Um, I think I got it. Thanks." Wind was now more exited then ever to attend the upcoming dinner. This gives him a chance to hopefully get to know her a bit more as well as introduce her to some of his friends on the team.

Wind looks down at the pamphlet and envelope and remembers the whole reason why he got the letter. "Oh hey. Before I forget." He quickly tears open the envelope and pulls out two lanyards with cards and the end of each of them. "It's the entrance badge to get in. It's so they don't have a swarm of ponies trying to get to the Wonderbolts. And since you're my plus one you kinda need it."

"Alright! I'll leave you to it then!" Cloudy said, turning back towards the entrance. She turned back as Wind called to her, then accepted the lanyard and placed it in a pocket in her saddlebag. "Oh! Hahaha That could be important! Good thing you remembered! Now let's just hope I can do the same..." she said, rolling her eyes at herself, knowing her tendency to forget things exactly like this. She turned to leave again, but then stopped and turned back towards Wind. "By the way, I don't know if I said this before, but in case I didn't, thank you so much for inviting me!! This is seriously one of the coolest and kindest thing anypony has ever done for me! I swear I'll find a way to repay you! Thank you!!" And with that, she turned and trotted gleefully to the exit, giving another little squeal of excitement before rushing through the rotating door and flying up to the sky to get to her aunt's as soon as possible.

Her aunt and uncle were cordial and kind as always, and insisted she fully unpack and have a bite to eat before she left. Her uncle owned a place on restaurant row that they took care of together, so they took food very seriously. In her excitement, Cloudy left her list behind and rushed straight back for the hotel to meet Wind. With any luck, she wouldn't keep him waiting too long...

As Cloudfeather went along her way, Windracer turned and headed elevator. The elevator came to a stop on the second floor and Wind pushed on. Once he found his room, he pushed in the cart of luggage and sprawled out of the bed, careful of his right wing. His wing was feeling better but it was still not 100%, he continued to be mindful as not to risk hurting it more.

After a bit he sat up to try to organize his stuff. He was planning on staying more then a week or so, so luckily there wasn't much to organize. Once he was done he lied down on the bed again and quickly dozed off despite it only being the late afternoon.

It was over an hour and a half before Cloudy made it back to the hotel. She was flustered, and had turned around multiple times to grab things she had forgotten, but she hoped she hadn't kept him waiting for too long...

When she arrived back in the lobby, she tried to compose herself. This was a nice place after all. But ohhhh.... She couldn't see her new friend (she'd forgotten his name again!) anywhere! Had he given up and left without her? She trotted over to a seat and sat down. Maybe she'd wait a bit. He might take a while to get unpacked like she did. And besides, they hadn't exactly set a time to meet up. He just said they should get lunch together. That sounded fun. Lunch with friends was always a treat! Come to think of it, she couldn't think of a single pony she called a friend with whom she hadn't had a meal... Must be her thing! She'd had multiple lunches with Thunderwing, and he'd payed every time! Such a good friend! There was the lunch with Wind Dancer in Los Pegasus, and now this one! She must have eaten over a hundred lunches just with friends! The thought made her smile. She found some entertainment in a trinket on a decorative table while she waited.

Wind wakes up after a few minuets but jumps up realizing that Cloud might be waiting for him. "I hope she's still down there."

He rushes down to the lobby in the hopes to find Cloudfeather. He wasn't sure were they were going to go and he didn't really think she'd be too much for a high class 3 hoof restaurant. They'll just walk the street and hopefully find something that looks good.

While thinking about this, he suddenly arrived at the lobby.

Wind quickly looks around the lobby to find Cloud. He rushes over to meet her.

"Hey, sorry if I'm late. I got a bit distracted." He didn't want to tell her that he accidentally fell asleep because it would make it sound like he didn't care about hanging out with Cloudfeather. The truth was that this meant the world to him that somepony that he only met would go out of there way to sped time with him. He didn't want to mess that up.

Cloudy looked up immediately. "Oh! There you are! I was worried you'd gotten bored and left me! Hahaha!" She was glad he'd shown up when he did. She was getting hungry! "So! Where are we off to?" She said, rising to her hooves.

"I'm not sure, best we can do is walk around and see whats good at this point." At this point Wind was getting hungry too. He would take just a hayburger or even a daisy sandwich at this point, he didn't need any fancy meals these high class ponies are used to.

"Ok! Sounds like fun! Only why don't we --" she was going to say "fly around instead," but then remembered her new friend's wing injury. "Oh! How is your wing doing??" She started towards the door as she listened to his response.

"It's fine, might just be a bruise. But I should still rest it, at least just for today." In Wind's mind, his wing should be fine by the race but he wasn't really in a position to take chances so he wanted to play it safe. He didn't want to risk making it worse so he was in the mind set of "just for today".

"Good thinking. You'll want to be on your best for that race. And speaking of races... I'm ok if we race to a cafe! Hahaha" They trotted out onto the street and Cloudy immediately began searching the buildings for restaurant signs. "If you don't mind, I'd like to avoid restaurant row if we can... The food there, uh... Doesn't agree with me hahaha" And by "doesn't agree with me," she quietly meant, "is out of my price range." Cloudy wasn't poor, but fixing cloud machines wasn't exactly the highest paying job in Cloudsdale. She saved her bits for trips like these and kept a strict budget. That way she didn't end up starving on the last day because she bought too many souvenirs (of course, it had been a situation exactly like that one that had taught her about budgeting)! "So what are you in the mood for? I don't really mind where we go. At this point, I'd settle for a hayburger or a daisy sandwich!"

"I wouldn't hate that right about now." She said exactly what Wind was thinking which he was surprised and almost comforted by. It's almost as if his thoughts were laid out on a piece of paper in front of her. "I know there are some decently cheap restaurants hidden in the back corners of Restaurant Row if we want something quick and affordable."

This pony clearly knew more about Canterlot than she did, which honestly didn't come as a surprise to her. Though she had lived here for nearly a year, she hadn't eaten out much, and as forgetful as she was, she could barely remember where aunt's house was, let alone specific restaurants or buildings. "Sounds good to me! Lead the way!" she responded. "Oh, and don't trip!" She gave a playful wink to finish the statement.

Wind trotted down the lane searching for what looked good. The streets line with clean buildings with many sporting a 3 hoof plaque above the entrance. Wind knew that this would most likely mean the food would be extremely expensive so he kept searching.

After a bit they came up to an off white building with a medium blue awning. Peering through the slightly tinted windows, it appears to be some kind of cafe. Inside are ponies conversing around cups of various teas and plates of food. Above the entrance is a similar wooden rating board but is completely bare. Hopefully this meant the food would be decent as well as the prices.

"How about here?"

• 2 weeks later...

Cloudy looked around as they strolled down restaurant row, noting the high ratings of each restaurant. Expensive. She was relieved when Wind stopped at a restaurant with no horseshoes and suggested they try it out. "Looks good to me! After you!" She opened the door and then followed Wind through it.

They walk through the doors with a quiet ding ringing behind them. They walked up to the front counter where they were greeted by the nearly enchaining smells radiating from the kitchen. In front of them stands a unicorn with a pale blue coat, an apron around her neck, and a smile across her face. Above her is a chalkboard with various sets of items next to prices. The choices looked good and the prices weren't bad either which relived Wind.

Looking up from the register, the pony kindly said "Hi! How can I help you?"

Cloudfeather trotted in behind Wind and looked up at the items on the menu. They certainly didn't look bad... and the prices were low! Perfect! The pony at the counter greeted them as Cloudy came up, and she responded after looking at Wind for a moment. "Well, I don't know about my friend here, but I'm hungry as a horse! I could eat a whole bucket of apples!" She giggled a little before looking up at the chalk board. "Hm... What are your lunch specials like?" she said, contemplating the menu items.

"Well we've got our extra spicy hayburger and carrot stew." 

Scanning the board above head, Wind decides on a simple meal.

"I'll have a hayburger with extra pickles and a side of horse shoe fries."

"That'll be 6 bits"

Wind pulls out a small cloth sack with jingling coins clinking inside. He grabs a small handful and pay the cashier.

Cloudy was glad Wind ordered first because she was having more trouble deciding between all the options. Finally she settled on a grilled carrot dog with some hay fries on the side and gave the pony the appropriate bits to pay for it. "Let's sit over here!" she said to Wind, motioning to a booth toward the middle of the restaurant's wall. As they sat down, she put her hooves together and rubbed them mischievously. "Soooooooo... Tell me more about the Wonderbolts reserves! Like, how did you make it in?? What did you do before you became a reserve?? Was it hard? Was it scary? What was the hardest part? Were there times you didn't think it would happen?? Oh! What's your top speed? What's your fastest lap time? Do you--" she stopped short because she realized she was letting herself get out of control. She giggled slightly and blushed, then avoided eye contact as a moment of silence passed between them.

Wind sat there trying to process the questions as best as he could. "I trained for years to get where I am. Ever since becoming a reserve, nothing much has changed. I still do gymnastic and acrobatic shows and enter in recreational races." Wind was trying to find what to say since he'd never had a pony so interested in him and his work. "This upcoming race is going to be my best chance in getting a spot in the academy. I can't afford to choke."

As he said this, he began to think of all the things that could go wrong. Questions like what if I trip at the starting line? What if, What if, What if circled his brain but tried to keep his composure for Cloudfeather.

• Like 1