Doctor Doctor (Pvt: Aisede, Pyro Blaze)

Pretzelparty

Today was the day! Time to brainstorm… and with new friends!

Bevel certainly hoped that offering to have them meet up in her personal airship was too intimidating. Not many visitors to this town tended to appear in such an impressive vehicle after all. Especially not one of such fine aquellian design. The Zephyr had been in her care for so long and after looking over the place with fresh eyes… it was kinda of a mess: especially her office. That wasn’t even tackling the subject of her bedroom.

Most of her day before was spent frantically cleaning up the place for visitors as best as she could manage. Tidying up any random gadgets left strewn about, any unusual logs, magazines, none would be spared from the cleaning frenzy. Things that couldn’t be disposed of would be shoved into a closet and sealed up behind a tough lock in her sleeping quarters.

For the time being she had ‘parked’ her airship on the outskirts of ponyville. It was hard to miss, there weren’t many airships that lingered out here. A gangplank had been extended and a certain brown unicorn was left tapping her hoof on the end of it while she eagerly awaited her potential business partners. 

• Like 1

Ironically, the Zephyr isn't the only airship that has occupied Ponyville's airspace in the last some odd days. Scarlet happened to make an appearance more than once, and Rose was accustomed enough to the anatomy of a ship that she had little trouble locating and boarding it, although she had to admit that it was a novel experience boarding a grounded airship. Or any ship, for that matter, outside a dock.

"Good morning, Miss. Bevel," she smiled genially, offering a hoof in greeting. Across her flanks was slung a special brand of saddlebags, brimming with the alchemist's tools of trade. "I see you are doing well. Have you thought about what we are going to do today?"

She knew she sure had; after a long and... Busy night, she had gotten to work conjuring formulas and theorums, all asking the same question: how can they recreate the good doctor's 'sight' in a non-invasive, symbiotic fashion?

• Like 1

Even with her magic sight, there were places Solar Flare was pretty hesitant to go to. Places like an airship where the only living things would probably be her two new friends, and possibly a crew. She had her bird to help guide her through obstacles, but it wasn’t a perfect system, especially in tight spaces. Still, she wanted to help other blind ponies gain some modicum of sight, so she had arrived at the ship on time. 

The blind unicorn sighed slightly at the bottom of the gangplank, psyching herself up to leave the ground behind and not even be able to see what she was walking on. After a few moments, she followed Sunny up the ramp, the bird chirping encouragingly. The two ponies at the end also helped get her going in the right direction. Well, one pony and one that looked like some kind of changeling, but Rose had been nice so far so it didn’t really matter. 

“Greetings, you two. I am still not sure how much help I will be, but I am willing to help make other ponies lives better.” She nodded as Sunny landed, perching on a nearby railing. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bevel had to appreciate how much Rose was bringing to the table, both figuratively and literally. For an alchemist she had to be pretty sturdy to be carrying those saddlebags full of doohickeys and doodads. Rose would feel her hoof taken and given a vigorous and enthusiastic shake. The kinetic energy produced by the peppy inventor making the flasks and baubles jingle lightly in the bags on her back, "I certainly have! I've prepares a few prototype devices that could take us to some very interesting places, in the end though I'll need to see some of your notes to see what might work best with what."

Keeping her pace slow, the inventor's eyes fell onto her other guest: Solar Flare. A hint of nervousness overtook her as she realized how badly optimized her vessel was for someone visually impaired. Hopefully this day would lead to something that could make miss Flare's life a little bit easier. If anything, Bevel was happy to see that she'd brought a sweet avian companion to guide her. There weren't many ponies she'd heard of with Seeing eye birds, but she'd take this over a canine option: Wouldn't do well to try and conduct business with her nose rebelling against her. 

"Welcome to my vessel, The 'wandering zephyr'!" She said with a little hop in place as her hoof gestured to the innards of the ship, "She has two guest rooms, though I probably need to dust them, and a room for experimentation and testing on the lower levels. Can I get either of you soemthing to drink? Coffee? Tea? Water? Coffee? Milk? Orange juice? Coffee?"

• Like 2

Rose stifled a giggle at the energetic engineer's offer, lightly considering the options as she thought on what she had said. Levitating a startlingly small notebook from a flap on her bags, she offered it to the mare after giving it a decent skim over. 

"I'd offer to teach you how to make a horchata, such a delicious drink, but this isn't really the place for such things. Tea will do nicely, green if you have it." The notes, if Bevel went over them, were a very detailed graph of the equine eye, followed by formulas and theories- as well as the results of successful tests. One of them, a rather insignificant note, explained how to rid an eye of its pigment, causing it to become red. One taught the user how to make it shift through the colors of the spectrum. One of them enhanced visuals to allow for nocturnal vision, and another would protect the eye from damage via weather.

There was more, but Bevel should get the gist as Rose turned to greet Solar Flare with a bright smile. "Miss Flare, we could not do this without you. I'm confident you will be a great help in making the future a brighter place for the visually impaired."

Thinking on her hooves, her smile gained a somewhat impish tone as she released an invisible pulse from her horn, coating the entire deck in a thin layer of staticy magic- including herself, and her outstretched hoof. "In fact, I beleive this meeting alone has already given me some ideas. Tell me, can you 'see' your environment with any more clarity now?"

Solar tilted her head at the list of drink choices Bevel listed off, giggling slightly as she realized that coffee had been mentioned multiple times. 

“You must really like coffee.” She giggled again. “I think I’ll have some coffee, please.” She nodded, turning towards Rose as the mare assured her of her usefulness. Solar smiled at her, nodding a bit before Rose asked if she could see better. The unicorn tilted her head again, looking around. It felt like something might be there, but she wasn’t entirely sure. It was too faint, she could barely notice it. 

“Maybe?” She eventually said, looking back at Rose. “I think my sight works more on living things than any form of external energy. I can see trees, but not once they’ve been chopped down and turned into a building.” She shrugged at her offered explanation, hoping it helped figure things out.