Blessings Upon You [Closed]

Aisede

The time had come. She felt like she'd said those exact words to herself before, under different circumstances. Her life had changed so much, and so quickly, that 'the time' seemed to come in seasons. Last time it had been the laying of their egg, the first of thee- a lucky number. This time it was that very unborn child's blessing, and by a friend and a being of great power. She should have felt honored- and she did! - but she also experienced an inexplicable anxiety. She looked over at Aloe, her love, who occupied the room alongside her. She could feel the familiar sensation of magic on her, from where she has bestowed her own form of 'charm', and the waves of love that rolled off of her acted as a calming balm for her nerves.

Finally, she breathed easily, letting out a silent but heavy breath. Putting her worries aside for the time being, she instead opted to scrutinize her setting, checking it for any missed faults or potential hazards for the nth time that day. Since she'd plucked these ruins from the corpse of an old and sunken empire, and since repurposed it into a nursery, she has been uncertain whether or not she had made the right choice in decor. Sure, it catered to Aloe's whims, and her own taste in decor as Maretonian ruins are oft to do. But she just couldn't get overy the mystery of its prior function, if any- except that it was particularly reticent to the protective enchantments she placed on them.

"Thank you for being here for me, Aloe," she said rather absently as she returned her attention to the pink (now) seapony, smiling softly. "For us. It means a lot to me." And then she cast her attention to the creature of honor. With a slight iridescence, the aqua-colored egg sat upon a raised platform of stone carved from the ruins themselves, and further embedded with protective runes. All in all, the entire setting was locked down like a swiss bank, even if it appeared to be rather open from an outsider's perspective.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

JpMTmq0.png

Today was going to be an interesting day for sure. She completely understood having a foal bless, but most foals had that done after they were born. The more she thought about it though, the foal was technically born just not hatched. She wasn't sure if laying the egg counted the same as giving birth to a foal, but it sure as Celestia felt like it when it came out. Knowing that she had two more eggs and live birth still coming, she could say that she was both looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. She knew that was going to be quite a painful experience. Still, she wouldn't trade it for anything. Being down here under the water and watching everything start to take shape. She knew that before long they would be living down here. From what she heard from Rose as she explained everything they would have to for a while until the guppy developed the lungs that it would need to survive on land.

That was entirely what she wanted though. She just wasn't expecting it to be happening so soon. She was expecting construction of their home to take a bit longer, and it seemed that the actual dwelling might take a bit longer still, but the area that the foal would be born in was safe enough. It would at least already be larger than most of the other creatures in the lake so it wouldn't have too much danger around it. She looked to the pedestal that the egg was on and she saw all of the protective runes that Rose had put on the pillar, the floor leading up to the pillar, the pillars that were acting as the supports. She was fairly certain that this very spot had more sanctions and protective barriers on it than the princess's own palace. It wasn't without reason though, and Aloe leaned against the mare as the floated under the water.

When she heard Rose speak, she gave her a nuzzle. "Of course I would be here for this. I helped make the egg too you know," she teases lightly. "I jest, but I wouldn't miss this for anything. The Two former princesses could be at my spa right now, and I would still be here waiting for Princess Twilight to arrive... actually if they princesses were at my spa right now I probably would have tried to talk them into coming to the blessing as well. You know, extra blessings for good measure," Aloe said with a giggle.

• Like 1

gYBj2nJ.png

It happened in a flash, quite literally. Twilight teleported in with only a few strands of mane out of place. A busy day had necessitated a bit of an emergency entrance. One too many close calls with a certain Keeper of hers had almost made her late! She checked herself- everything was in the right place and she hadn't been mussed up too bad. All it took to get her excited was proper discussion of magical artifacts and a few show and tells. Then she was off! Off to the races. Between that and reorganizing the Strand's poorly-constructed roadway system and it had been a busy day. Not busy enough to make her miss this for anything!

"Pleasure to see you two," she began before she bent down to give Aloe a side hug. "How have you been? Ponyville still held together?" She said as she did the same to Rose. "Wonderful to see you in such good health," she pulled back and rolled her eyes impishly. "I heard about your recent escapades. I'm guessing this is one of the fruits of your labors?" She asked as she beckoned to the setting. Was it Pre-Fall Maretonian ruins or Post-Fall? The question wasn't too important- she could always get the answer directly. But she did like their gumption in using it. It wasn't long though before her focus centered on the reason for her visit.

The egg. What a special little egg it was. Equestria had lomng ago lost that sense of magic that came with that...special contract between members of opposite species for one of the first few times. In that way of making it, this egg was special because of what Rose represented, because of who Aloe was. It would certainly live a unique life. She was sure of that and she was also sure it would be a life well treasured by those who cared for it. She was happy to be involved in her own small way but more than that she was happy for Rose and Aloe. The sharing of their love had helped create a new life that would in its own way help make the world a better place.

She had worked extensively on the blessing for this very occasion. It was important, more so for the well being of the parents, that it went well. It was also something she could create. Celestia had only very rarely 'blessed' a birth and hadn't done so in hundreds of moons. While Twilight was not going to make a habit of it herself, she also had to say she enjoyed the opportunity to create a experience and ceremony that had the flexibility for change and the right amount to be tailored to each blessee, but was still something she could learn and repeat should it become more common than she'd like.
"So, here it is. What a place you selected for it! Albedo will be here before long?"

• Hearthoof 1

Rose has to admit she was not expecting such a sudden and dramatic entrance! She started, horn flickering to life for the briefest if moments before recognition set in- and when it did, all of her worries seemed to melt away into an easy smile. She graciously accepted the hug, giggling in amusement at her energy. If only she were so young again... even a new body could not erase time's effects.

"I should not be surprised you would have been informed of my activities, even if through one of my simulacrums." That was what surprised her the most. Idly, she wondered how many faces this alicorn would recognize? She could create life in a myriad of shapes and sizes, be them artificial or even fully mechanical. Would she recognize her if she weren't even a biological being? "But yes, I fished these out of the waters west of Eggwater Bay."

And then the big question came, and her smile grew. She swam over to the guarded morsel of life, yet to be born but so full of potential. "Any day now ~" she said in a warm tone of voice. "I'm expecting her within a week. Two at the longest. Oh, I do hope she grows to be a happy child..."

Looking around, she knew there was no possible way Twilight could miss the exorbitant number of enchantments irradiating the water with magic. "It's not too much, is it? The wards?" 

• Like 1

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe would return the hug that the princess had given her as she asked how Ponyville was, and if it was still holding together. "For the most part. Though it might start getting a bit boring here now that monsters aren't attacking us all the time," she said teasing Twilight a bit. It wasn't really much of a secret that for as long as they could remember Ponyville, had almost always been ground zero for most anything wierd that happened in Equestria. Most just believed that it was because of the six ponies that lived there that were the element bearers. Creatures of great power would be pulled in by great power to challenge it. It was just how the world worked. She also listened with a bit of surprise as she heard Rose speak. This was the first time that she ever heard Rose actually sound worried, and if she was being honest, this was kinda the one thing that would be worth worrying about right now.

Aloe would give Rose a gentle, reassuring nuzzle, and then a lick. "With the two of us as her parents, there's no possible way that she won't grow up to be a happy child. Besides," she said touching her stomach. "She still has her sisters coming," she told her with a smile. "As for the wards, I don't think there's any measure that's too much to keep our little ones safe. I would fight Tirek himself if I had to in order to make sure that our little ones were safe," she said with a proud smile. She would look to the egg and then back to Twilight. She could see the princess looking at it, and it took all of her willpower to not give into her motherly instinct and try to guard it from the princess. The egg was why the princess was here after all! So she could give it her blessing! She just hoped that the princess would be careful and that the procedure wasn't anything too strenuous.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

gYBj2nJ.png

Twilight snapped a look over to Aloe, one of faux concern for what seemed like a boring town. "Well you know, I could always fix that for you. Really give the mayor a good test run of her crisis management skills," Twilight offered, keeping her tone even enough that it may seem one half an offer, though her eyes that sparkled with mischief likely gave too much away. It was likely nice having the town return to its pre-Twilight Sparkle days. Boring, quaint, sweet, and not being threatened with destruction.

She figured she could let them rest. After all, they had a newborn to raise soon! Both were excited. Parenthood looked like such a mystery, such a wonderful and terrifying prospect, as distant from what she could imagine yet every time she felt as if she could feel the whole planet's love expressed through each unique collection of parents and children. And Albedo was so close to being born! What an exciting time. It certainly made the wards easier to understand. "They are fine, Rose. They won't interfere with the ceremony and no protection is too much for a creature so close to being born, right?" She said as she inspected the egg closer. Not for long- just enough to glean the important biological details before she hovered backwards, some distance away. Enough for her to start.

"If you want to begin, take positions next to Albedo," she stated formally, though truth be told she didn't think she needed to tell them to get close to their bundle of joy.

• Hearthoof 1

"Of course."

Indeed she did not, as Rose was all too eager to position herself to the right of the egg, fighting her own nerves to maintain a calm facade, although the occasional glance towards Albedo kind of ruined it.

She wondered what kind of changeling she'd grow up to be. Would she embrace ponydom, or reject her old ways? How would she treat her sisters, and her pony sister? Her thoughts snagged on that detail- for some reason, she frequently forgot about it disregarded that fact: there were four of them, but the pony of them just didn't seem to... Register with her. Oh well, then wasn't the time to deliberate on such things.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~ 

Aloe quickly shook her head a Twilight's offer to bring she excitement back to Ponyville. "No no! I'm sure that's quite unnecessary! Besides, were talking about going on a bit of an adventure anyways once we get everything lined up. I'm also looking on expanding some of my skill-sets for such an occasion!" She said with a smile. One that widened when the princess said that the wards were gone and wouldn't interfere with anything. She seemed to share their sentiment that they're is no such thing as overprotection when the foal is still unborn. 

When Twilight instructed them to stand next to Albedo, Aloe moved over to her without hesitation. Rose had done the same, and while she could see that she was trying to hide it, she'd never seen Rose so excited before. Of course, she couldn't blame her. She was excited as well. This was their little one, and no pony in Equestria could take that from them. She knew that between the two of them, she was as safe as she could be. She gently stood next to Albedo and awaited further instructions.

• Like 1

gYBj2nJ.png

Her eyebrow remained arched. Another adventure? Ahh, the perils and joys of love. She'd have to discuss that later. For now, she was happy to see them so quickly want to jump into this happy event. Good. They assumed their positions quickly enough and that meant she was able to get started quickly. She moved to the front of the egg, some distance away to start with. As she spoke she would get close until she was nearly a hoof's reach away. She coughed to clear her throat and then began the remarks she had prepared.

"Albedo, we have been gathered to celebrate your birth and to welcome you into this world. As sovereign of all Equestria, I welcome you to this fair nation, and by natural law and the will of Equestria you are to be granted the rights given to all sentient creatures. As Albedo of Equestria I bless you with a long, happy life, with the strength to overcome the challenges in your life, and the Harmony in your heart to be stronger than the negativity of your enemies. May you be worthy of the attentions of your parents and the love of a nation," she said. Then her eyes started to glow white and she rose above the pool. A moment later, so did the egg, and an energy field went from her to the egg to back.

"अल्बेदो हेअर् मे नोव! ब्य रोयल पोवेर अन्द् देच्री योउर् तरे नामे इस अएथेरिअ योउ अन्स्वेर इतस चालल तो एञ्जोय् अ लोन्ग लिफ़े फ़ुल्ल् ओफ़् लोवे पोवेरेद ब्य चोन्विच्तिओन् अन्द् ब्लेस्सेद ब्य इ प्रिन्चेस्स त्विलिघ्त स्पर्क्ले योउर् तरे नामे इस एत्चेद इन्तो थे वोम्ब् ओफ़् थिस् वोर्ल्द लेत योउ बे बोर्न इन थे फ़ुल्ल्नेस्स् ओफ़् इतस प्रोमिसे अन्द् मय पोवेर्!" Twilight spoke in a voice that was many and yet none, tearing through the void and creating it at once until she was down. She slowly fell to the ground. The egg, still swaddled in its 
warm water cocoon, gently slid back to its original position with nary a ripple in the waves as Twilight's eyes resumed their normal color. "Blessings upon you, Albedo."

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

Not quite how Rose would have done it in her position, but she acknowledged that Equestrians had their own culture and customs, and this was still more than she could ever ask for. A light burning sensation made itself known in her chest as she watched the proceedings, and a spike of adrenaline shot through her when Twilight levitated the egg. 

Taking a deep breath, she calmly repeated the ancient words under her breath, before ending with an equally resonant- but no less quiet- "Aétheria."

Bowing her head, she let a moment of silence pass to commemorate the moment, then lifted it with a smile. "Thank you, Princess."

Lifting a hoof near the egg, palm up, a stream of water rose up from below them to coalesce into a small sphere, roughly the size of a pearl. Aloe may recognize it was smaller streams of green flowed from Rose herself, tinting the sphere a cool aquamarine. Twilight would also feel a tugging herself, and a question communicated beyond words- before the sphere floated off her frog to suspend itself directly above the egg. The crowning jewel.

"Blessings upon you, little one."

• Like 1

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe did her best to remain calm in the atmosphere that was provided. It wasn't that she didn't trust Princess Twilight, it was just that... this was her little one that she was blessing too. She heard the princess begin speaking as the ritual began, and it took all of her willpower when the egg started to float not to jump in and grab it and place it back on the pedestal for safety. Keep it together Aloe... This is Princess Twilight... She knows what she's doing... she knows what she's doing... let her do what you brought her here to do, she thought to herself. She was certain that her nervousness was showing through though, as the genuine smile she wore turned into the kind of a nervous smile you put on when you meet the in-laws for the first time.

When she saw the energy feeding back and forth between the egg and Twilight, Aloe couldn't help but fidget a bit, both in excitement and partially out of anxiety ready to dart after the egg should the slightest thing go array. She watched as Twilight finished speaking and everything started to calm down. She began to descend and so did the egg with not even a ripple out of place around it. She couldn't help but finally let out the breath that she had only just realized that she'd been holding since this entire thing began. She smiled back to the egg and then everypony else around as they gave their blessings. "Yes Princess.. thank you..." Aloe said with a smile, turning to the egg. "Blessings upon you, My Little Albedo," Aloe added giving the egg a small nuzzle. When she pulled back though, she was caught off guard as the egg rocked a bit on it's own. She thought she was just seeing things, or that maybe it was from her nuzzle until it rocked again.

• Like 2

gYBj2nJ.png

Twilight would give her ascent to the to unspoken question. It was a minor gift and it would reap minor rewards, though the spell in question had many possibilities. She wondered if Rose was perhaps hoping for too much again, but decided to let her innate concerns rest at this moment, the moment of supreme joy that they were all sharing. Her blessing was mostly ceremonial yes but she was not a mare who was willing to let ceremony itself stand without cause or reason. In her words spoken in Ponish and Other were true words of magic woven into the very being of Albedo. The blessing was not full of empty words but a small measure of honest magical influence. Under Twilight's blessing Albedo would find herself put upon by no less than the good fortune of the cosmos. Not in large ways, mind you, but small victories in small moments would be hers as long as she held true to the promise of her birth. And with those small victories forming the foundation she would have every chance to experience the grandeur of existence successfully, if only she would hold true to Harmonic principles.

It was then that she felt it. The egg- Albedo was going to be born. It was clear on the expressions worn by the parents. Twilight took a few steps back, giving everyceature space. Last thing she wanted to do was get in the way of this most joyous of occasions with her nosiness. As she fell back she popped a notebook and quill into existence. Just because she was going to be quiet and off to the side didn't mean she wasn't going to use this opportunity to learn!

• Hearthoof 1

Rose suspected an event like this may occur, but yet the moment still managed to catch her off-guard. Sitting very still, she watched with baited breath as a the vague outline of a wriggling creature imprinted itself upon the outer shell. Albedo was most certainly awake and active, and she wanted out.

It took awhile, and she got turned around a couple times- but, eventually, she came upon a weak point at the top of the ovoid capsule. Bumping it, the top of the egg bulged like a lid sealed right. Albedo bumped it again, with more force this time- and she was free! Or her head was, at least. 

Unlike Equestrian changeling larvae, Andalusian changelings begin their life as something akin to a tadpole. The newborn changeling wiggled and writhed as she tried to squeeze the rest of her body out and, eventually, out she came! Two spindly little forelegs furiously paddled in the glob of water surrounding the egg, and Rose's horn ignited as more volume was added to it.

Now with sufficient space to swim around, the little thing paddled her large lateral tail. She didn't seem to have any clear direction, she just wanted to explore the outside... Or what of it she could interact with. Asides from a large head not unlike classic changeling larvae, she also sported a pair of clearly visible gills. Her wide, searching eyes were pink instead of blue, and her body was a stark white.

Albedo was, unironically, albino.

Rose smiled, enlarging the aquasphere to encompass half the chamber- and conveniently leaving Twilight dry- as she dove in and adopted her own piscene form. Aloe was also transformed.

"Ah... Little one, my little seed of purity..." It didn't take long for Albedo to recognize one of her mothers and approach her, albeit in the lazy and aimless way of something that didn't really understand what was going on around it. She'd approach Aloe, too, if she came in. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe would watch as the princess stepped back a bit as the egg started to rock back and forth even more. She then watched as their foal popped out of the top of the egg surrounded in an orb of water. It almost looked to be a combination of a pony and a tadpole at the moment, but considering what Rose and herself looked like in their own piceous forms. They weren't quite seaponies, but they weren't like the hippogriffs either. They were somewhere in between. 

The orb  of water started to grow until it gave the filly enough space to swim and soon encompassed the two of them as well, transforming them into the fish pony thanks to the small enchantment that was put onto it by Rose. The second thing that she noticed was that the filly was absent of all color, except for her vibrant pink eyes. She instantly was drawn to Rose, but Aloe started to move over to her as well. 

"You mean our little seed of purity," Aloe said with a smile, leaning in to give the filly tadpole a nuzzle. At this point she'd practically forgotten that the princess was here at this point.

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 1

"You're right... Our little seedling ~" she watched, radiating warmth and love as the newly born Albedo curiously inspected the mare that laid her egg. Wide, unblinking eyes scrutinized her closely, and every couple inches, she'd pause, back up, and observe her from another angle.

She didn't cry, or kick, or do any of those other things a pony foal would do. By and large, she was remarkably calm, although that may have been a biproduct of her design.

Taking Aloe's hoof in her own, she raised it, frog up, towards the little tadpole, and a tiny glowing heart manifested just above it. 

Immediately, Albedo homed in on it and hovered just above her hoof as she nipped and nibbled at the object. And then she did so with enthusiasm

"Healthy appetite ~" Rose noted with joy, watching the little thing eat. "I thought I'd make a little treat for her. It'll help her grow up healthy and strong, but too much will be bad for her.

She gained a thoughtful expression after a moment, her eyes on the foal but her mind clearly elsewhere. "I wonder... " Snapping back-to, she returned to the present. "Remind me to talk to you about diet later, Aloe dear."

"So what do you think?" The question was directed at Aloe.

• Like 1

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe watched the curious tadpole as it swam around her before she felt Rose take her hoof. She smiled as the small heart formed over the tadpole and after a nibble, began going after it as if she had been given a piece of candy. She wasn't surprised. She was still a changling after all. She nodded to Rose when she said that she thought that she would make a treat for her, but warned that too much would be bad for her. Aloe nodded immediately. "Indeed. We don't want to teach her that it's okay to steal love from others. Besides, I'm sure you can attest. Love that's given instead of stolen tastes better," Aloe said with a smile. 

When asked what she thought, she smiled. "She's only the second most beautiful thing in the world, though second only to you," she smiled, reaching out for her little one. 

• Like 2

Albedo looked up at the sudden movement, a good third of the heart devoured by then, and trilled in delight as she pressed her body up against the hoof.

"Oh, indeed ~" Rose purred, nuzzling into Aloe's neck. But she dropped that act quick enough. "Still, the urges will come and go as she matures. My older self would have let her feed off of whatever hapless creature I captured to nourish her, but she didn't have you around to do the feeding for her."

When Albedo had received enough affection from her parents, and her curiosity was sated for the moment, she began to drift off to explore the boundaries of their aquatic bubble. Belatedly, she noted the third pony in the room, but didn't pay her much mind.

"Hopefully she's able to make friends outside the two of us when she's old enough to walk on land." Although the real trouble will begin when her magic starts to develop. She may be small now, but even as a guppy she shines with untapped potential to rival most unicorns. She'd need that power later, but for now... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe would smile, and her heart would warm when she felt Albedo on her hoof, and she felt Rose give her a nuzzle as well before commenting that the urges to feed on love will continue to come and go as she matured, and that her older self would have let her feed on whatever hapless creature would have wandered by, but that she didn't have her around before either. "Indeed, between the two of us, I'm sure we can keep her quite well nourished in all regards," Aloe said reaching out to cradle the little one a bit before letting her start exploring the bubble that she was in. When Rose mentioned that she was hoping that Albedo would be able to make friends outside of the two of them once she could walk on land, Aloe smiled. "With the two of us as her parents, I don't think that she'll have any problems with that. I imagine that she's going to be quite well liked, and one of the most attractive changelings in Ponyville, next to her mom of course. Something we might have a problem with when she gets older," Aloe said with a giggle.

• Like 1

"Oh really?" Rose did admit that Albedo would probably grow to be quite the lovely creature, but she still wasn't sure how changelings would be received in Equestria. The fear of society rejecting her child was very real, perhaps even ingrained in her from her own childhood.

She began to wonder about schooling, and whether she should send her to a public school or homeschool her. She was more than qualified to teach her all of the sciences and magics, although Twilight could probably teach the latter better. Maybe a mixture of both? If she did send her to a school, which one? She'd heard of 'Celestia's school for gifted unicorns', but that reeked of speciesm. Similarly, Twilight's school for Friendship sounded outlandish to a juvenile degree. It didn't sound like a place to pursue academics. 

But she was sitting right across from the sole being responsible for managing this realm. Perhaps she should state her inquiries directly?

"Twilight... How well are changelings received in Equestria? And in your personal opinion, what would be a good place to learn both academics and social skills?"

Although it would be a long time before any of this became immidiately relevant, the relevancy yet remained. 

• 2 weeks later...

gYBj2nJ.png

Twilight had folded herself on her front hooves and taken notes on the newest addition to Equestria's burgeoning citizenry, as well as her lovely parents. For all of that though, Twilight was sure to remain quiet and off to the side. This was a lovely moment to be shared between the family, not a place for her to intrude with questions and comments. Still, she wasn't here to be a silent weirdo either and when Rose piped up with questions, she made sure to reply quickly, fully, and hopefully well enough to make sure the focus was back on the new life in front of them.

"Changelings are now a valued part of society. One was just elected the mayor of Vanhoover, actually. No society is perfect of course, but she will be loved by her community," Twilight offered pleasantly as she continued to take notes. It would be interesting to see a creature so unusually formed thrive in Equestria- an outcome Twilight had no doubt about. "In terms of education, I would suggest Ponyville Public. Then see how she develops, but she will be readily accepted into the School of Friendship if she needs it, I am sure," Twilight said as she started to ponder out loud. "School of Magic, maybe. School of Engineering? Diplomacy? Some wonderful academies and universities- Albedo will have choices should she qualify for them, but that will be moons down the road."

• Like 1

"Right..." Rose nodded, releif flooding her system. She shouldn't be worrying about these things now anyway. "Right."

She raised her hoof as a perch once Albedo had done enough exploring. It hadn't been too long since her hatching and she was already growing tired. All that swimming around used up a lot of energy, and despite love being dumped on her by the bucket load, she could only handle so much before she was full.

"Hear that, little one? You have a bright future ahead of you, I'm sure of it ~" her smile turned warm as the little guppy settled atop her hoof, eye's half-closing as she slowed down at last. "Looks like she's already growing tired. Do you want to handle her, Aloe?"