˙pɐǝɹɥʇ lɐɯɹou ʎllɐʇoʇ ∀ (Open Calling all Discords)

KaityKat

artflow-202107041757.png

Discord sat on his cloud, patiently waiting for the others to arrive. Somewhere outside Ponyville, high in the sky. Not so far that nopony could run into them, but far enough you'd have to go looking. Or be a particularly lost pony. Why he didn't just choose to convene in Chaosville? Well, because he just didn't feel like it, of course. Plus, it could give him and his compatriots somepony to mess with, should anypony stick their little pony nose in their general vicinity. "Also," he thought, "just think of some poor pony's reaction seeing us all shooting the breeze." he did a little finger gun action, and blew smoke off his digits, laughing a little to himself at the thought of some unsuspecting pony suddenly finding himself victim to three or four Discords. He reached behind him and grabbed a bit of cloud, smashed it in his hands and it turned into a fish and egg sandwich. The fish's tail hanging limply out one end. He took a bite, the whole egg cracking and spilling all over the place, and the fish tail flopping in protest. As for why he and his counterparts felt it prudent to meet, it was their birthday! Well, it was a day. and the birth of the universe happened at some point. What did it matter? He was celebrating, because he wanted to. Or he would be when the others arrived. He began picking at a fish bone behind his tooth with his claw.

//

Hello, and welcome to my all-discord thread. I made the thread open so that your characters in the area who you think would make for fun interactions could just pop in whenever. Although, it's mostly for Discords to interact. I plan for this thread to be outside time and to exist at the same time as, parallel to, and completely seperate from other threads all at the same time. This is Discord afterall. Discords may come and go, things that happen concurrently might be mentioned or ignored or whatever. This is, essentially, the chaos thread. Nopony is safe.

@Cubbage

@RainbowFoxxy

@RexDraco

and anyone else who happens to get a Discord application approved in the future are specifically invited to participate.

//

Edited by KaityKat
i didn't edit anything, I just wanted to add an edit message.
  • Like 2

// [ooc] lol, just an invitation to participate in a thread of multiple discords interacting with each other. (idea came from a conversation on the Canterlot discord server after I put in my discord app) I couldn't think of much of a legitimate reason for discord's different selves to interact, but I figured it's discord. He doesn't really need a reason, does he? I realise now I probably should've made a post in the Out of Character Discussion category to tag y'all in then link to this, but what's done is done :/ 

PS: You're free to not participate if you're notinterested. Just thought I'd invite you and the others with Discord apped //

I tip my hat at you for planning such a fabulous party that has yet to happen, but even before happening it is fantastic! I cannot wait to see how the other me's are doing.

th?id=OIP.f9752ez7DRq0SAMZhtHhjwHaKE&pid

A gleaming pink portal opened and then closed right after a certain Discord had stepped through. He bounced lightly on the clouds and came to a stop in front of another version of himself.

"Well, my my my, look who's here!" He winked and offered a cattish grin. "Hello there handsome," A lift of the eyebrows before settling back into the lazy boy that puffed into existence behind him. He reached up and brought down a steaming cup of tea and sipped it noisily. 

"I do hope you've invited Fluttershy to this shindig?" The question lilted forth as he sniffed appreciatively at his tea.

Unknown.png

"Honestly, you two, I thought we were taught better manners than to start eating before all the other guests had arrived?" Discord said, appearing seemingly instantaneously with the change of camera angles, revealing him to be on the other side of the cloud from the first Discord to arrive. Of course, as he ridiculed the other two, he himself took a bight of an inverted cucumber sandwich -- that is, a cucumber cut in half with the bread and other condiments between the two long pieces of vegetable. "And here I thought we were reformed!" He rolled his eyes before finishing the rest of it in another bight. "Now remind me what the big occasion is? The last time I saw any of you was when I was preparing the house for Fluttershy to come for a tea party. Terrible advice you all gave me, by the way. 'Make things normal,' they said." He spit a raspberry to the air. "Yeah right. I told you Fluttershy prefers our true self to some facade." to accent his point, he removed his face like a cheap party mask and tossed it aside, leaving his true face (which was completely unchanged) exposed to all.

Discord pulled an entire fish skeleton out from behind his tooth, and tossed it. The skeleton began swimming happily in the air just as the second Discord appeared. When his cattish grin scared it away. Discord stood up on his cloud. "Why hello, there! My favorite me in all of me! Me!" he smiled "Fluttershy was busy doing some animal thing at her wonderful sanctuary. Surely, you would've known that? I did tell her we'd be here, tho. So if she finds the thyme, she'll be along." he emphasized the word by turning his sandwich into a bouquet of thyme leaves which he turned and gave to the third discord just before he'd begun speaking. "Since when do we need a reason for anything? Maybe it's our birthday. Who knows, anyway?" he shrugged unconcernedly.

Just as the third discord finished talking about Fluttershy's first visit to Chaosville, the fish skeleton, which had been frantically swimming away (tho it moved rather slowly in the air) from second discord, bumped into third discord exploding soundlessly in a miniature mushroom cloud. Discord frowned "Well excuse me. You remember what all those ponies were saying! They kind of got under our skin!" a lump started moving around under his skin, and he opened his flesh like a curtain and pulled out the pony from the tea shop who was freaking out, and teleported her back to her shop. "You can't blame me for being new at friendship." he huffed, sticking his nose in the air. "Although, I'll only admit to you two, that was the first time I really felt fear...." he shuddered "Let's... just promise not to ever try to be normal again. For any reason."

• Like 1

"Oh indeed!" He eyed the fish skeleton with a flash of irritation as it bumped into him before heading a different way. "Normal certainly does not suit us old chap!"

Discord snapped his fingers, the lazy boy vanishing and an exercise bike appearing underneath him. He pedaled away, musing as he did so.

"I think we may have finally learned a most valuable lesson," He bent down, really pumping those pedals! "We are best at being who we are, and who we are is anything but normal!"

He sat back in the saddle, apparently finished with his bike race. "You'll forgive me for working out to keep our god like physique at its finest!"

"I wonder if Fluttershy might notice that I've been working on our deltoid muscles lately," He gazed at his arms, giving them a flex. "And I suppose you're right, I did know where our dear Fluttershy was," He giggled and snapped a birthday cake into existence in front of them. "Surely she wouldn't miss our 'possibly it's our' birthday party!" 

He turned to the third Discord. "We were only sampling earlier of course! As you said, we're 'reformed' now," He smirked and air quoted the reformed bit. Sometimes he dearly missed the good old days...

"So then, boys, what shall we do to celebrate our maybe-birthday? Gift exchange?" (he opened a red package with gold ribbon and removed a large white elephant, which he promptly shoved into the cloud, increasing its volume) "Get the guys together and play Ogres and Oubliettes? Ooooh or perhaps my favorite, spread a little bit of chaos? Y'know, salt life a little bit and give it some flavor?" The cloud itself began sprinkling salt on the ground down below, which caused the flowers and other vegetation to grow faces and arms and start in a quiet, gibberish musical number. "It has been a while since we bugged Celestia. Don't you think she's bored with retirement? Perhaps we should show her a good time! Remind her of what fun it can be to indulge in a little disharmony?" he tapped his fingers together and gave a mischievous smile as he finished. "Of course, normally I would never suggest such a thing. We're reformed after all," (a halo appeared over his head and his wings transformed to angel wings for a moment before he continued) "But it might be our birthday! And I think for that we should be allowed to let our hair down a bit!" he ran his hand down the back of his head, and as he did, his mane transformed to resemble that of Princess Celestia's. "Don't you boys agree?" a reverse chord played in the background, reminiscent of his pre-Fluttershy days.

• Like 1

Discord gave a double thumbs up "Lookin' good! We're a real beef cake." he opened a palm onto which a cake made of cuts of beef dropped from the sky. "I'm sure she's bound to notice." Then the beef cake caught fire and disappeared.

He tapped his chin after this Discord's suggestions. "These do all sound likevery enticing ideas, me...." he smiled "You're right. It has been a while since we bothered– I mean talked to Celestia, hasn't it?" those were the days. Messing with Celestia and Luna before all this friendship stuff. He smiled with nostalgia, but then he shook his head "Not all that, tho." he said referring to the level of Chaos he used to cause "We don't want to make Fluttershy upset. Birthday or not." he snapped his fingers to bring one of the transformed flowers into his hand and then took a bite "But I, for one, would be up for some slightly more..... forgivable 'pranks'. " he ate the rest of the flower and turned to second discord for his input.

• Like 1

"Oh, I agree," He whipped a claw behind his head after which cascaded a flow of sparkling green pink and blue mane, all too close in resemblance to a certain princess. "Let our hair down indeed," He giggled mischievously, shaking away the Celestian locks.

He sniffed lightly,thinking this notion over. "I'm afraid it will have to be a very tame visit to the royal palace indeed to not upset our lovely pegasus. That is..." he looked one way and then continued swiveling his head until it faced the other way. "If she is privy to our little 'visit'. An oh so cunning grin whisked over his features as he felt a bit of his old self returning. 

"So me, and me," He glanced at one and then the other. "Are we in agreement of our plan thus far? If so, we only need to decide on the particulars."

• 3 weeks later...

Discord spit a raspberry at his other self. "Puh-lease, darling!" His voice mimicked Rarity's momentarily, but then he continued in his own. "What kind of Lord of Chaos would we be if we had a plan? Let alone one with (he shivered) particulars!" He snapped his fingers and a large piece of parchment resembling strikingly the Marauder's Map appeared, displaying all of Equestria rather than Hogwarts. Only eleven hoofprint trails appeared -- those of the Mane 6, the former princesses, and the Crystal Empire royalty -- along with a circle surrounded by arrows to represent Discords' position. "Let's just pop in for a bit and have a little fun! Nothing like the old days of course, just something minor, like a bad mane day or confiscating her horn for a bit!" He chuckled manically, and the map flashed out of existence. "Come on, boys! Last on there's Lord of Order!" And with that, he snapped his fingers and disappeared, taking all evidence of his visitation with him.

• 1 month later...

Discord shuddered at the threat of being called the Lord of Order "Then I'll come after last, just to be sure!" he joked, poking a set of hoofprints labeled "Twilight Sparkle" and getting sucked into the map like a rag being sucked into a vacuum hose, the cloud he'd been sitting on popping back into the Boulder it was before he arrived and landing on the field of singing flowers.

(sorry for the short and very late response :/ )

• 2 months later...

With another flash, Discord popped back into existence only a few meters away from where the Princess of Equestria was currently located. He would have gone closer, but didn't want to give away his position just yet. When the other Discords arrived, he rubbed his hands together maliciously. "So, boys, what'll it be? Shall we flip a building or two to see if she notices? Or perhaps play around with the Great Hall stained glass windows? Oooh Or we could fill the castle with some of our favorite plants to pretty things up a bit! This lavender hanging everywhere is sooo drab compared to the kind of plants we keep!" He chuckled some more, looking around for more ideas.

(Sorry, I was waiting on a third post before taking my turn, but it occurred to me that said post wasn't coming, and so I decided to go ahead since Discord wouldn't approve of taking turns anyway ;P)

• 1 year later...

Discord had an idea, wonderful, awful idea. Complete with the Grinchy face that goes along with it. "I have just the plan. When she makes her way to the library— because we all know that is inevitable —she will find that the books are a mere shadow of their former shelves." he snaps his fingers and all the books are instantly rearranged to their previous arrangement, and have become resistant to regular (non-chaos) magic, their covers darkened as if perpetually in shadow making them hard to read in the light. "Perhaps we should give her something to research so that she'll hurry her little pony feet there and find our present faster." he emphasized the "little pony feet" by turning a hand over and twiddling his fingers mimicking the motion of a galloping pony, his fingers turning into little pony legs as he did so, then directed his attention to the others for suggestions on what method they could use to send her galloping to the library. "Preferably without tipping her off to our presence, of course."

// OOC contrary to what discord said, we will need to tag someone playing Twilight so that she can respond to the situation. Also at this point we may as well stop apologizing for tardiness lmao. also also hello, long time no see (removes every 7th white key on your piano) //

• Apple 1