142 Questions (Izzy)

SteelEagle

Sunny had to take a deep breath. Her body felt like it was being constantly charged by electricity that went down from her hooves to her tail to the tip of her nose. It made her heart ache with affection and her whole body want to move. She could scarcely believe everything that had happened. After years of trying to prove her father's histories correct and showing the ponies of Maretime Bay the truth only to be denied, it had finally happened and it had happened quickly. In just a few days Maretime Bay had been transformed. You only had to look around! Where once posters and advertisements had promoted a lot of fear-mongering towards their equine brothers and sisters now existed blank spaces being used to write messages and newer, admittedly less well made, posters advertising some meet and greets.

Oh, and all the unicorns and pegasi that were visiting to see the sea. That was cool too. Just a little.
She knew that the work wasn't done. She was sure there were a lot of earth ponies in Maretime Bay who were still reticent to discard generations of baked in discrimination over the passions of the moment. Fear was hard to overcome. It would take time. Bridlewood and Zephyr Heights were likely undergoing some of the same. The work of integrating the three pony species back together was finally started but there was much more left to do, more adventures to come, new friends to make, and the biggest mysteries were left to unravel. The fist big victory had been won and if her father could see her right now then he would know she was doing her part, hoof to heart, to make sure it was just the start. Now though it wasn't just them. Ponies from across the cities would carry some of the load. She could afford to take in the moment.

Which was good, because she wanted a bite to eat and had a friend she wanted to eat that bite with.
"So, Izzy..." Sunny asked her friend who was trotting alongside her down one of the city's main thoroughfares. Sunny wasn't an Alicorn at the moment- Alicorn being the term she was correcting ponies to use, since pegacorn or unisus or pearthicorn were super far off- and didn't know what had made them go away. She had some inkling as to why it had appeared and that set her at ease, but that was a question for later. Currently, she had other questions to ask. 142 of them to be exact, though a number had been answered during the trip to Bridlewood. SHE HAD BEEN TO BRIDLEWOOD OH WOW-
"Do unicorns like pizza?" Sunny asked hopefully. Okay, not every question was going to be intensely important but...she wanted to get to know her friend better. From the moment they met they had been running around on an adventure. That was a dream come true of its own kind, but it had given her scant time to get to know the unicorn who had helped her set the world right! That needed to change and it was going to change starting...now. 

• Like 1

2700711.png

Izzy Moonbow had a lot to think about. Her brain was constantly racing with intuitions and daydreams about things that could spark her curiosity in the moment. The constant exercise of imagination kept her mind sharp and her intentions sharper. Combine this with all the events of the past few days finding new friends and making a positive change across all pony kinds? It was simply magical.

Oh yeah, magic! Izzy feeling the tingling sensation on her horn felt oddly familiar, like she had experienced it in a previous life or something. Knowing that being able to use magic was a new feature didn't agree with the second nature she had controlling it. She wasn't able to shoot pony lasers or read other pony's thoughts, but she somehow managed to use levitation magic to set the Maretime Bay trolley back onto its tracks. She wasn't even sure how she found the courage to do so, lifting something heavy always meant you needed more strength. But unicorn magic was a funky feeling that gave Izzy the poise to lift anything as if it was as light as a feather.

Later, having been removed from the magical rush, Izzy's horn stopped glowing inadvertently. However, her innate understanding of the magic she could now wield stayed with her reflexes. Being able to levitate almost anything never replaced her desire to use her legs for walking though. Something about traditional pony trots kept Izzy's brain paced on taking things in as slow or as as fast as her eyes could motivate. But for now, her ears were taking in the attention from her new best friend, Sunny Starscout. "You earth ponies have a lot more food shops than we do in Bridlewood, but we eat mostly the same food, I think. I've had pizza in Bridlewood before but it was a long time ago and had a lot more green leaf toppings that I see on signs here in the city." Another part of Izzy's body was tingling with magic, but this one was more primal than familiar. It also made a growling sound that came from the unicorn's underside. "Oh! Hehe, do you think we can get some!?"

• Like 1

Talking with Izzy was like winning trivia night every moment of the day. She answered so many questions that Sunny hadn't even asked yet, only to open up so many more! She really was a fascinating pony. Not just because she was a unicorn which, yes, was still incredible to believe, but because she was so...Izzy! Sunny had met happy ponies and she had met energetic ponies. She had even, on occasion, met an optimistic pony. But all of those qualifiers- effervescent? bubbly?- and more failed to describe just how unique Izzy was. Which was good, because Sunny wanted to learn all there was and more.

"That sounds like a great idea. How about License to Slice?" She asked, running up against her friend and steering her to it before giggling and trotting inside. It was a nice pizza establishment, one of many that lined the side streets. Nothing special. She liked it primarily because the owner wasn't very judgy. Today the shop was busting. With the main avenue still undergoing minor repair work and it being chocked with lookie loos and sally come laters, the side shops were doing brisk business. She took their spot in line and leaned against the wall.

"A lot of the area around Maretime Bay is farming land. I guess that would explain why we have more food shops than Bridlewood...we'll have to fix that," she pondered. After all, it wouldn't be right to hog all this excess food, right? Surely the other species could benefit from Earth pony farming! Her book came out as she looked for space to write. She looked back up with all the energy of an excited schoolfilly. "What's a unicorn's diet in Bridlewood?" She pondered then angled her brows as she looked down, then back up at Izzy. "And what do you like?"

• Like 1

"I don't have a license to slice, yet. Oh, you mean the place with the sign that says 'License to Slice'. Gotcha." Izzy was guided by Sunny to enter the restaurant. "Oh, we have farms in Bridlewood, too. But I guess they just aren't as big. More like gardens. We grow fruits and vegetables like apples, carrots and celery, but it's easier to grow things that would normally grow in the forest anyway. So we end up eating a lot of mushrooms, all different kinds of nuts and seeds, and berries from bushes. Oh! We also grow a lot of herbs like ginseng and passionflower, you know for tea." Izzy leaned on Sunny. "Yeah, we drink lots of tea. I like most the food we grow in the forest, but I also like to eat a lot of snacks. I typically went through a few boxes of cheese crackers every week. I also like eating macaroni, but most of the dried noodles end up getting used in a craft instead of being eaten.

• Like 1

Sunny couldn't help but wonder where all the good stuff was. The food variety in Maretime Bay was soooo huge! Living just off of fruits and veggies and nuts and mushrooms- she was talking so fast oh wow- and seeds- wait, they ate seeds? She was about to ask how you could eat a seed when her brain remembered that...yeah she ate seeds to. Small seeds. Why did her brain want to assume that Izzy meant eating the huge pits of peaches? Wait- tea. She loved tea. Unicorns love tea. Crackers? Was than an Izzy thing or a unicorn thing? She liked crackers cheese crackers. Oh wow. Wow. She talked so fast. She talked so fast and Sunny was trying to write it all down and now her hoof was hurting.

As Izzy settled against her, Sunny shook her hoof cramp away and moved forward with the line, bringing Izzy along like an oversized saddlebag with a pointy end. "Oh, wow. So much- do you grow- what type of apples do you normally grow? Would you call yourself a Cosmic Crisp type of pony? They told us that the Cosmic Crisp was only grown in Bridlewood. Does it even exist?" She asked, grilling her friend about the most unusual variety of all. According to Maretime Bay legend, the Cosmic Crisp was once known as the Zap Apple and was the greatest apple cultivar of all, having been invented by one of the old world's greatest agricultural scientists. However, 'evil unicorns', jealous over how wonderfully delicioys the Cosmic Crisp was, stole the whole crop and used their magic to change them until an Earth pony could never eat them. That was why the Cosmic Crisp has vanished and been replaced by the Maretime´s Favourite. "And, if so, do you know how it got there? What do you have with your macaroni?"

• Hearthoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sunny liked to ask Izzy lots of questions. Izzy had a shorter than average attention span, but her memory was relatively sharp. Considering the rapid fire questionnaire she was getting, she would happily answer everything her best friend had to ask, with the most recent question being the thing she would expand on first. "Cheese. Lots and lots of cheese. Like that!" Izzy pointed towards the laboring earth ponies who were frantically working to fill pizza orders. One of them was holding a large bag with pre-shredded cheese in it. "Earth ponies must like cheese a lot, too!" Izzy was slightly distracted by the shop ponies in their process of taking orders and making pizza. Things in Maretime Bay were much more industrialized than they were in Bridlewood. Izzy didn't mind the change of pace, as it kept up with the rate of her bouncing eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Sunny knew that Izzy would like cheese. How could a pony not. She knew it wasn't the healthiest food ever but hot, melted cheese was basically a food group in Maretime Bay and if there was one commonality between all creatures big and small it was adoration of comfort foods. Well, she assumed. That question would come later, like maybe during a sleepover or camping trip or any other friend-tivity she had rarely been afforded the opportunity to have. "Yeah, I suppose we have that much in common! Have you eve had pineapple on pizza?" She asked as she scribbled down Izzy's answers, which would clearly dictate the terms of all future pony relations. Then a thought occurred to her "Have you ever had pineapple, in any way?" She pondered. After all, with the various cities cut off it stood to reason that some things may exist in one place and not others.

As they conversed, the line quickly collapsed under the efficient work of the staff. It was the pair's turn and the gruff older stallion who wore a worn hat and had a dirtier than clean apron gave the two of them a once over. He then gave one of them a second and third-over, but to his credit he didn't say anything. 
"Hey there Hot Stuff! I'll take...oh, I'm hungry, so I'll take the Fixin' Fresh. Izzy?" She asked expectantly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Izzy wasn't sure if pineapple on pizza was as contentious a subject in Maretime Bay the way it was in Bridlewood. Although the unicorns of the forest generally didn't use much energy to bolster much of a argument, Izzy was still mostly in the dark this particular time. "Oh yeah, I have had pineapple, but never on pizza!" Izzy never understood where pineapples even came from, but she noticed that occasionally they would show up in the forest market.

As Izzy watched Sunny take her pizza order, Izzy was slightly intimidated by the pressure to understand her desires. In truth, she was ready for anything, and her appetite was ready for all kinds of experimentation. So on a whim, she blurted her suggestion to the pony who was tail-high in receipt tape. "Oh, and I'll have what she is having, but with extra cheese, and extra pineapple." With a determined expressions on her face, she leaned forward onto the counter with her enunciations of the word 'extra', but then recoiled back to the floor and smiled. "Also, a large diet doctor nectar please."

"We don't have doctor nectar, would a diet carrot cola be okay?" The gruff earth pony asked.

Izzy turned her head at sunny, and then turned her head back to the stallion. "What!?" She sighed after a moment of being upset. "No, I'll just take a water, then." She smiled again, except with a pinch in her cheek.

• Like 1

Doctor Nectar? That sounded like some sort of brand. Unless it was a medical potion or beverage of some sort. Was Izzy hurt? Sunny had looked and looked after their adventure together and Izzy didn't seem hurt. It would be a bad start to their friendship if she messed up on that....no, it was a drink, silly, She was asking for something to drink. Relax. "What is a Doctor Nectar?" She asked as she hitched herself against the front, "is it...tree nectar? Is nectar popular among unicorns?" She asked as she tried to remember Bridlewood. it would make sense, right? All those trees had to make nectar as common as water in Maretime Bay. There was nectar in Maretime Bay but she could only imagine how common it was in Bridlewood. And tasty. Big trees lead to big taste! Or so the slogan said.

Hot Stuff took their orders and Sunny led Izzy to their seats at a small table in the pizzeria, moving the advertisement for a movie theater off to the side of as she put her notebook down. "Who knows, maybe this pizza will be so good you'll want to get a license to slice yourself!" She laughed as she relaxed. There was so much to learn and so much to do and she wasn't used to kicking back and taking it all in, but it was probably for the best. "I'm so glad you decided to hang out with me! Well, not just the first time that was awesome too, but today. It's been weird here lately. The good weird, but weird. I mean, you're probably why..." she teased, though it was very true. She was used to ponies being dismissive of her. They weren't anymore and everypony was trying their damndest to open their eyes. After years of trying it was nice...but weird!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

2700711.png

Izzy giggled and disagree playfully. "I think I would probably call it something else like, uh, 'Pizzy by Izzy'." The unicorn looked around at the place curious about all the decorations and style choices of the menu art. She was not paying any attention to the ponies who stared at her for reasons both nefarious and innocent. While her eyes seemed distracted with the environment of inanimate objects in the restaurant, her focus was constantly fixed on Sunny's voice. When Sunny mentioned the oddity of the unicorn's existence, Izzy reminded herself of her own reality and responded. "Oh, pfft. It's not that big a deal. I wont be the last non-earth pony to walk around Maretime Bay. I just need to make sure I don't cause an accident with my magic." Izzy touched her horn and gave it a few taps. She expected it to spark like it did earlier, but it didn't. Even she was still trying to get used to what it meant to wield unicorn magic.

• Like 1

Pizzy by Izzy was a much better name. Izzy had a big sounding 'eeeee' part so you would need to pronounce pizza as piii-zzzeeeee to rhyme, but she knew ponies would acclimate to it almost as quickly as they would to unicorns and pegasi. It was a natural state, after all. Still, she had to ruminate on it a few moments as she worked it out in her head. "Hmm...yeah, I can work with that!" Her voice bounced excitedly as she allowed her last question to settle. She would assume Doctor Nectar was made out f real tree nectar until proven otherwise. Probably by a visit, which Izzy accurately pointed out was something other non-earth ponies would do in Maretime Bay. That was true. Many would come. But Izzy was a little famous. She was the first unicorn many earth ponies had seen in years and the panic she had caused made her into an infamous celebrity. Now things were different and she wasn't ill though of, but she was still the most famous unicorn in the world! Well, the world of Maretime Bay, at least. "How does it feel? The magic, when your horn glows bright. What does it feel like?"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

large.png

While musing around the restaurant a little, Izzy found an opportunity to sit at a table that was unoccupied and freshly cleaned off. It was a booth table, with enough room for four ponies, even more room for two. Izzy slid into the booth and examined everything that was on and around it. The laminated menu, the condiment shakers, the lighting fixture above the table, and the poster on the wall next to the table of some earth pony music band Izzy had never heard of before. Everything she looked at was interesting to her. It was significantly different than what a restaurant would look like in the forest, but at the same time, there was enough familiarity where she didn't feel completely out of place. "It felt like my horn was coming alive, like it was going to jump off my forehead, but then I could control it and it just felt tingly, almost like when your leg falls asleep after laying awkwardly for too long. Does that ever happen to you? And also, who is Coltplay?"

• Like 1

What was a unicorn restaurant look like? She had not spent enough time in Bridlewood to figure it out. She imagined it was more 'attuned' to nature, like most of their village had looked like. They had technology but it all seemed somewhat more...whimsical? She'd have to give serious thought to asking about it later. It was interesting to note the substantially unimportant ways in which their cultures differed. And in the end, that was what her handy dandy notebook would be about! As Izzy answered the question and Sunny wrote it down furiously it only spawned more and more questions. What did having a horn even feel like? A protrusion in your skull, an extra bone, an extra weight. It was understood that the bones were lighter yet denser. How did that all come together for the unicorn? So many interesting questions to ask. So many answers to not understand and need to ask follow-ups about.

For now, she would answer a question of her own. Two of them! "All the time," she nodded emphatically. "I'm usually sleeping awkwardly reading a book or journaling or looking at the stars. I wake up and my legs don't even feel like they're there! Ha, makes for a fun walk or crawl back to bed," she said as she took a drink. "Coltplay is some alt rock band that was popular when I was a little younger. I mean, they're still kinda popular I guess but I don't know anypony who would say that Coltplay is their favorite band," she said as her eyebrows shot up. UNICORN MUSIC, SHE NEEDED TO KNOW. "Oh! Who's your favorite band and what type of music do they play?"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Favorite band?" Izzy was familiar with the commercialized music industry, but she didn't participate as a fan for much of it. She created much of her own music, usually from flutes and drums she made herself from stray cardboard and empty paper towel rolls. She wore a concerned look, afraid Sunny might be disappointed. "I don't really have a favorite band. Oh! But they do sometimes have musicians play music at the the Crystal Tea Room, but it's usually abstract. You know, washboards, cowbells, that sort of thing, heh."

• Like 1

She guessed that tracked. Bridlewood seemed to be full of poetry slams, dance competitions with eco-friendly arcade machines, and wind chimes. That seemed to sum up the artistic bent of Bridlewood well, and seemed as though Izzy was bent that way as well. Interesting. She'd have to go to Bridlewood soon and dig deeper. "Oh, cool. Something Avant Garde, experimental. Interesting," she said as she wrote it down, he ears perking up as she put the pencil down. "Oh! Later I should have you listen to Strongback and the Stampede Stallions. Kind of a country-rock hybrid, one of my dad's favorites. They're super popular. I'm more of a Smashing Apples or Three Colts Down type of a girl, but I can listen to just about anything," she said with an eyeroll. "You wouldn't believe the type of divid-" she started to say before the owner opened up.
"Your order is up, fillies!"

"Oh! There we go. I'll get it," she said as she trotted off. A few moments she returned, balancing one on her head and another on a hoof as she desperately tried to make her way back.
"Hot hot hot hot," she said in growing volume before making it, plopping both plates down. "Lunch. Is. Ready!"

• Like 1

Izzy didn't know any of the bands that Sunny was mentioning. It was all too foreign for her. But she couldn't tell if it was just her fault. Even in Bridlewood, there are plenty of cultural icons that most unicorns know about, but Izzy does not, either because she never came across them, or because she was too invested in making her own artistic projects and venturing outside of the forest for exploring. There was one language Sunny spoke of that Izzy understood completely, and it was the whole reason they came here in the first place.

In front of Izzy was a large plate with pizza slice on them. It looked like the one Sunny had, except Izzy's had extra pineapple and extra cheese on it. Seeing as how Sunny exclaim about how hot it was, she blew on it carefully to settle the steam coming from the slice. Then, when she felt it was cool enough to take a bite, she lifted a slice resting it on her hoof and dangled the stretchy cheese over her face. With her tongue, she carefully aimed the front of the slice into her mouth and took a bite. After a couple chews she opened her mouth. "Uh! Hot! Yo'r rie ich haut!" She set down her slice took a swig of her ice cold water bottle.

large.png

• Like 1

Sunny was happy enough to just have a bite to eat. Even in recent times she found herself not welcome to a few establishments. Her pro-unicorn and pro-pegasus platform was more than a little unpopular. Restaurants and stores had a right to not serve her and they made it known to her more often than she would care to admit. It wasn't as if she had any allies in the cause but she didn't know why she had to have had enemies in it. It was all water under the bridge now but she still found herself preferring the businesses that had decided to serve her. And this place also managed to have the best pizza as far as she was concerned (her concern lasting all of the past few minutes as well as the next few as far as pizza was concerned). She blew on the pizza for a few moments longer and then took a small bite. It was hot. Very hot. Izzy was very right. 

She took a drink and then took another bite. After a few more moments she gulped it down and took a breath. "Yeah, it is really hot. But I like it really hot. I mean, I guess cold pizza has its place but by then the cheese is all...well, not very cheesy. I like my cheesy cheese very cheesy," she said as she took another bite, this time leaning back and looking away. "Have-" she said as she finished the bite. "Have you ever heard of a place called Roam?" She asked excitedly. It was probably unlikely. Roam wasn't all that well known even in the Era of Friendship, let alone a time when that era was forgotten! "Or...hey, you told me what the unicorns thought about earth ponies, right? Your history though, what did it say separated the pony types?"

• Like 1

2801802.png

Izzy took another bite, this one cooler than the last, and it gave her more time in her mouth to enjoy the sweetness of the pineapple. "Ooo." She emoted.

She listened to Sunny rant about her curiosities and when asked a question, Izzy responded the best she could. "Roam? Oh you mean like roaming around like in a herd? Yeah. I wish I could roam. We should go roaming some time."

"Unicorns don't really teach history all that much or about the pony splits, just that unicorn magic went away and that it was the pegasi that either stole it or hexed unicorns to not have magic anymore. Unicorns were afraid to be around earth ponies, or anywhere besides where unicorns were, actually. I guess they must have been afraid that if they spent time with earth ponies or pegasus ponies, that they would lose their unicorn horns and have bad things happen to them." She smiled at Sunny and looked at her facial features, admiring everything that made Sunny special. "It's a good thing that's not true, huh! Rituals have always been a big deal in Bridlewood, and I guess as magic faded, they tried everything possible to keep it from leaving for good." Izzy shrugged. "And I guess the ritual leader way back then didn't like mayonnaise, either!"

• Like 1

Sunny wished she could say she was shocked by the fact that the unicorns didn't treat the subject of the separation of the ponies with any gravitas. That seemed to be a recurring theme among all three species. The separation was handled almost as a matter of course with all 'real' education on the subject focusing on the terrors of the other species as they existed now. "That doesn't surprise me. I mean, our schools taught us only that one day there was a big battle and that the Earth Ponies won and forced the other ponies to leave. Doesn't seem likely that would have happened- about as likely as the pegasi stealing or hexing anything," she laughed at the thought. It was hard now to be angry about any of it.

"I can't wait to check out Bridlewood's libraries. Do they cross out the cursed words? I think it would be kind of funny if we could pinpoint just when it all went down based on the age of somepony crossing out the word mayonnaise from ancient cook books!" She said, imagining the process and the pure hatred of something so random and throwing her head back and holding hers in laughter. "Oh no! Watch out for MUSTARD!" She yelled playfully and pointed at a nearby mustard bottle and shirked away from it, keeping her balance just barely.

The ponies working gave her a look and she regained her composure as she thought about herds and Roam and roaming, all of which interested her. She shook her head, but liked the idea. "Well, we have all the time in the world to roam around in herds now. I've heard it is a very liberating experience!" She said excitedly before dialing back down. "Roam was a very old province back in ancient Equestria. My dad thought that a lot of pasta type foods, like pizza, came from there based on a lot of linguistics stuff. I never understood that part as well. He was a genius when it came to language," she said wistfully before trying to pull the emotion back. She didn't want to dwell. She wanted to learn, and she wanted to move past it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It was obvious to Izzy that she had one significant thing in common with Sunny that might have brought them to become close friends so fast. They both have very curious personalities. They differ on what subject matters they are curious about, but they are very interesting in exploring other parts of life and ponies. Izzy was always interested in strange things and peculiar variations of nature and the art of how ponies express themselves. Sunny seemed more interested in tangible evidence, books, and records of ponies from generations ago. Izzy nodded to Sunny and chuckled at the idea of having an ancient text in Bridlewood that would record the nonsense of old pony rituals and beliefs, though she has no idea if something like that even exists.

As Sunny expressed her memories of what her dad would say about this kind of thing, a controlling of her emotions was noticed on Izzy's end. She could see how serious it could be to ask for more information, but she knew Sunny trusted her enough to ask a question that others might conserve to vocalize. She cleared her mouth of food. "What happened to your dad?" She asked in a curious tone again, but did not let it sound too much as if she was prying for information Sunny was not comfortable with sharing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sunny smiled. It was always nice thinking of all those great memories with her father. She treasured them, each one in their own way, each one special and unique. When times had been tough it had been his memory and their shared belief in the unity of the species that had sustained her. She was never more or less than the daughter of Argyle Starshine! Her smile still kept, though the harsher truth of the situation did dull it ever so slightly. "He passed away some time ago. I guess it wasn't really all that long ago, just as I became an adult. It just feels like it has been a lot longer than that," she said with a shortening of the smile, shaking her head. "I'm not too hung up over it, don't worry. I've had my time to process it, and I know he wouldn't want me to spend all my time concerned. Especially when I have a unicorn to learn from," she said with a wink, trying to move the topic back to something she was far more comfortable learning about.

Namely, Izzy.
"So, what do you do for a living?" She asked as she took a deep bite. After registering that maybe she hadn't done a good enough job describing her question, she gulped her food down. "I run a smoothie stand. That's what I'm normally doing when I'm not organizing some sort of anarchist activity," she giggled at the dangerous sounding terminology throw around by the old Sherriff. "I make some decent Bay Bits to get on by. You?"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

2857384.gifIzzy smiled at Sunny's reflection of her father. "I moved out from my parents place when I wanted to explore the forest around where I lived. I haven't actually talked to them since I left for Maretime Bay the first time. I wonder how they are doing. I wonder what they think of all this unifications stuff. Do they even know about the unification stuff?"

"Well we don't trade with coin as much in the forest but I generally get by with the barter system. I like to make things out of old junk, you know unicycling, and sometimes I'll keep the stuff I make, but often I send them to other unicorns in the forest that need a new picture frame, or a chair made of other chairs, or a funky wind chime. And in return, they give me snacks, drinks, board games, or more junk to make stuff out of."

• Apple 1

Sunny imagined her parents were well aware of the unification event. How could they not be? If anything she imagined they would be curious about the return of their magic and the development of their neighbors. From there, it would take not much more than a few passing rumors to filter and mingle about for them to discover the truth of the event. "I'm sure they know about it. Hard not to, right?" She said, motioning towards her friend's glowing horn. "Is it that easy for a unicorn to move out of home? Can you just walk away from home one day and carve a home out of a tree with your horn?" She asked playfully, wondering what else her horn could do. "Does it hurt when you use it to cut down trees? Do unicorns ever use it to fight one another?" She asked with imagined awe. After all, gladiator fights with horns were a popular subject of some of the trashy cinema that had once been made about the other species. She knew more had wrapped production and were now being shelved, though she bet some low-rent distributor would see to it that they made something from it.

As she wondered about the sleazy entertainment industry in her own city, she did have a moment of appreciation for the barter economy run in Bridlewood. It would certainly make everything a little easier to understand. She wasn't sure why bits were worth more or less depending on factors beyond her control. Did bartering economies even have inflation? And if so, what would it take the form of? "Interesting. I mean, I guess it works. Just seems so strange to me. Not bad strange, just strange. Like ketchup on a hot-wrap," she said as she took another big bite of her pizza. "Enjoying it?"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

"Mine is pretty good," Sunny said as she gulped down her last big bite. She was a quick eater. Her dad used to compare her to a sentient vacuum cleaner when it came to food. A cute food disposal. "Nom nom nom," she finished, not really understanding why she made the sounds as loudly as she did but she certainly enjoyed herself. "Hehe. Well, that was filling," she said as she started to clean up after herself. "Where do you wanna head next, Izzy?"