Hurry up and wait! (Canterlot) [Attn:TacoBob]

Skycoaster

Ru4aRFu.png

It had been quite a few months since Blizzard had returned from his last trip to Canterlot. Now the icy unicorn finished packing a his possessions that he would bring with him to his new home. He would sigh as he put the last of his own transcribed magic books into a trunk that the Twilight Guard had generously given him for the move. He'd walk around his makeshift home of the past many years and sigh. So many of his years spent in the cold solitude of the igloo's walls. All that now remained was all his makeshift furniture and empty crates. Leaving, he would use a spell to bury his old home in a mound of snow, blending it in with the other dunes, however leaving it intact should he need to someday return. With his tattered cloak on, the unicorn made his way to the train station, ready to move on to the next stage of his life.

The train ride from the Crystal Empire station had been uneventful. His time spent in his private cabin had given him time to refine a few spells he had been tinkering with...one of which was the amulet spell from his previous visit. Speaking of which, he had a few books to return. He'd be back for his few belongings once the train had been fully unloaded. Once he had made a rare daylight visit to the library he had visited so many times 'after hours,' he clammed his trunk and waited for his contact...or was it commanding officer? Friend? as he looked around for a red pagasus to appear.

• Like 1

7xSUtnu.jpg

Blizzard Blitz would soon see Fire Walker as she was just about to finish up a conversation with two other Pegasus ponies. One was a slightly older mare who wore the uniform of a station master. This was a cap, jacket, dress shirt, skirt, and brown horseshoes. They stood by a fuzzy brown colt who had a train for a cutie mark. She gave each of the Pegasus ponies a hug before they cantered off. The red mare caught sight of the unicorn, waved her right front leg, and quickly made her way towards the stallion. She was dressed in her armor.

"Hello, Mister Blitz!", she flashed a very white smile at the chilly pony. "I hope you had a pleasant trip.". She made sure the stallion had his own VIP room. He could relax and not worry about sharing a seat with a bunch of randos! Or deal with some crabby foals. Or rude adults. He could relax, stretch out and work on his spellbooks, nap, or do whatever he wanted.

If the trunk was on the big side, she motioned to a cart nearby. "There should be a taxi waiting for us.", she added. "Also, if you're hungry, there is this really good deli along the way...Or if you're into something spicy, there's the ' The Tasty Treat'."

Ru4aRFu.png

The unicorn would force a small smile. “It was an uneventful journey, which is a good thing. I had time to work on a few spells, as well as read a few books I had been meaning to get my hooves on.” He’d give a small smirk. “Oh, and I also read those books you gave me to prepare for the trials….twice.”

He couldn’t help but chuckle. “I will say I’ve gotten the best sleep I’ve had in years. The cabin was so much more comfortable then a ten year old frozen cot.” At the mention of food, his stomach would grumble. “The deli sounds like a good choice. Too much spice and I may melt from the inside.”

Blizzard loaded his trunk onto the cart before following Fire. “So, friends of yours I take it?” He’d say looking to the two ponies he saw with her earlier. “Lead tbd way captain.”

• Like 1

BvPhcWP.jpg?2

"Good to hear that!", Fire Walker's smile was 100% genuine, although the unicorn would note it was a -weary- smile. The poor mare had been busy. "The books were made for the R.E.A, so it's not exactly the same as the Twilight Guard, but the basics are the same. What we can be called upon tends to be a little more unique than a typical R.E.A officer is asked to do.", she added.

She loved the private areas. One could curl up into a little ball and sleep comfortably during the train ride. She was never a fan of those little benches. Who were they made for? Not a pony! She had heard from a friend that there were a group of crazy ponies during a trip to the Crystal Kingdom who couldn't stop practicing some sort of cheer-leader moves. Now they just needed to make one with a jacuzzi tub inside.

As the cart was slowly pushed through a rather slow train station, the officer responded. "Oh, just some friends. The mare is True Trestle, she works at the station, mostly behind the scenes. The little guy at her side was Fast Track, her little colt, who is also very good friends with my sister Wind Walker. They basically grew up together and the guy was heartbroken when she moved to Ponyville with the folks."

In mere moments, they stopped at a yellow cab. The driver helped the pair with Blizzard Blitz's trunk, as the pair got into the cab. "The avocado club sandwich is really good at this place, as is Itailian eggplant sandwich. Mmmm.", she sighed, "Wasn't hungry just a second ago.."
  • Like 1

Ru4aRFu.png

The way Fire Walker mentioned the differences between the books she had let him and the actual test? Trials? It made him a bit conflicted. He liked to have a plan for everything...sometimes two, though it made sense to him that they would expect him to be able to think on his hooves and...as the pegasi would say, wing it. As he helped levitate the chest onto the cab, he would stifle a chuckle. "You would be surprised at how much stuff I left in the Frozen North...though I wouldn't say I had a lot to begin with. Anyhow in a few hundred years, perhaps somepony will find my old snow dwelling burred in the dunes and use it as a time capsule."

As the Captain explained who the two ponies where, he had an idea. "Perhaps being back in Canterlot I can look up some of my old friends..." he'd roll his eyes. "Classmates I mean. The librarians seemed to be more like friends to me...and they where just acquaintances..."

Getting into the cab, he'd look as if he had seen a ghost as he remembered the magazine he read on the train about Twilight Sparkle and her friendship escapades. He'd swallow a lump in his throat before looking Fire dead in the eye. "There is no test on friendship...or having so many friends...or having to make friends, is there? If so can I use you as a reference?"

Blizzard would change the subject by his stomach grumbeling once more. "That eggplant sound like a good idea, but I think sandwitch isn't going to cut it. Know anywhere where we can get a big portion of eggplant parmesan?"